Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Well I guess it was fun as it lasted but I guess River wanted it more.

Weaponized Cum posted:

i think the mexican commentator hates Tigres because he's LOVING the River goals

I don't know which commentators Fox Deportes uses but they marking out hard with the RIver goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Here is this week Liga MX post

Last week results

Guadalajara 0 - 1 Cruz Azul
FCToluca 2 - 1 Pumas
América 1 - 3 Atlas
Chiapas 2 - 1 Santos Laguna
León 4 - 1 Veracruz
Morelia 1 - 0 Tigres UANL
Querétaro 1 - 2 Pachuca
Tijuana 1 - 2 Dorados

Round 3 of the Apertura 2015 (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Friday, August 7, 2015

7:30 PM
Veracruz v Chiapas

9:30 PM
Santos Laguna v Tijuana

Saturday, August 8, 2015

5:00 PM
Cruz Azul v León

8:06 PM
Pachuca v América

8:30 PM
Atlas v Monterrey

9:00 PM
Dorados v Querétaro

Sunday, August 9, 2015

12:00 PM
Toluca v Morelia

Puebla v Pumas

7:00 PM
Tigres UANL v Guadalajara

Current Table

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

We have midweek action this week in Liga MX along with some Copa Sudamericana for the south american fan. Quick question about the Copa Sudamericana is it the Europa League/UEFA Cup to the Copa Libertadores UEFA Champions League? Anyway here's the midweek post for Liga MX and back to me to watch this awesome UEFA supercup game.

Last weekend results

Puebla 3 - 2 Pumas
Tigres UANL 2 - 2 Guadalajara
Toluca 0 - 1 Morelia
Atlas 0 - 3 Monterrey
Cruz Azul 2 - 0 León
Dorados 1 - 1 Querétaro
Pachuca 0 - 3 América
Santos Laguna 0 - 1 Tijuana
Veracruz 2 - 1 Chiapas

Round 4 of the Apertura 2015 (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

América v Dorados

Querétaro v Santos Laguna

Monterrey v Pachuca

10:00 PM
Tijuana v Veracruz

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

8:00 PM
Puebla v Toluca

León v Tigres UANL

Guadalajara v Morelia

Chiapas v Cruz Azul

Pumas v Atlas

Current Table

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Quick question about the Copa Sudamericana is it the Europa League/UEFA Cup to the Copa Libertadores UEFA Champions League?

It's supposed to be, but it's so poo poo no one cares about it so they allow some of the teams that play Libertadores to play the sudaca in a desperate attempt to make someone give a gently caress.

It doesn't work.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
At one point in the early 90s there was a copa conmebol that was like the uefa cup. Brazil sent 2nd through 4th from the national championship. Then some time in 96 or 97 libertadores drastically expanded, and Brazil started sending second division teams that had won joke competitions like the copa norte, the copa conmebol ended. In the 00s they tried to revive that as copa sudamericana, and even made it qualify for libertadores. But it is still a joke. Brazil sends teams that have been eliminated from copa do brssil before the round of 16, for example.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

joepinetree posted:

At one point in the early 90s there was a copa conmebol that was like the uefa cup. Brazil sent 2nd through 4th from the national championship. Then some time in 96 or 97 libertadores drastically expanded, and Brazil started sending second division teams that had won joke competitions like the copa norte, the copa conmebol ended. In the 00s they tried to revive that as copa sudamericana, and even made it qualify for libertadores. But it is still a joke. Brazil sends teams that have been eliminated from copa do brssil before the round of 16, for example.

There's also the fact that Brazil and Argentina send a billion teams each while the rest of the countries can send 2 or three.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Chope's fight/ball crushing moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cS1yb9PWy8

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Polidoro posted:

There's also the fact that Brazil and Argentina send a billion teams each while the rest of the countries can send 2 or three.

It includes Brasilia, a team that failed to qualify for the Brazilian 4th division.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

the penis/balls grab is glorious

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

He already resigned for this, what a dumbass

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
First Piojo and now this

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Thanks for the responds about the Copa Sudamericana, it's more south american games I can watch on TV so am happy with it. So one round wasn't enough for Mexican football/soccer this week so tonight starts another round for Liga MX and another post.

Midweek Results

Chiapas 2 - 1 Cruz Azul
Guadalajara 2 - 0 Morelia
León 2 - 1 Tigres UANL
Puebla 1 - 0 Toluca
Pumas 5 - 0 Atlas
América 4 - 0 Dorados
Monterrey 4 - 3 Pachuca
Querétaro 1 - 2 Santos Laguna
Tijuana 1 - 3 Veracruz

Round 5 of the Apertura 2015 (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Friday, August 14, 2015
7:30 PM
Veracruz v Querétaro

Santos Laguna v América

Saturday, August 15, 2015
Cruz Azul v Tijuana

6:30 PM
Morelia v León

Tigres UANL v Chiapas

Pachuca v Pumas

Atlas v Puebla

Dorados v Monterrey

Sunday, August 16, 2015
Toluca v Guadalajara

Current Table

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Gignac went ham tonight, had a hat trick.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Tigres looked good as gently caress tonight in between Pacificos so I hope they win a thing

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Lot's of controversy in the Brazilian league. Corinthians has surged ahead by winning or tying three matches they were completely outplayed, but key refereeing mistakes went their way. This includes a match with sao paulo referees, going against a tradition of decades of not using refs from the home team's state, and recent attempts to find a loophole in the law that would allow cbf to handpick refs instead of assigning them through drawings.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

I'm a Flamengo fan now. Forget Corinthians.

I will be watching my boyhood team, Universitario, play some Venezuelans in thirty minutes which should be great, in a weird way.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of Corinthians, they want 10 million euros for Pato. So far I think the best offer is 5 million from Galatasaray. :lol: I still like Corinthians, but I want Palmeiras to win the league so Cruzeiro fans have to live in shame for wanting Oliveira fired.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

we did it

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Sorry for being late tonight but I was busy with stuff but here is the weekly Liga MX post.

Last Weekend Results

Toluca 3 - 1 Guadalajara
Atlas 2 - 1 Puebla
Cruz Azul 1 - 3 Tijuana
Dorados 1 - 4 Monterrey
Morelia 3 - 4 León
Pachuca 1 - 2 Pumas
Tigres UANL 4 - 1 Chiapas
Santos Laguna 0 - 2 América
Veracruz 2 - 2 Querétaro

Round 6 of the Apertura 2015 (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Friday, August 21, 2015

HT Querétaro 2 - 0 Cruz Azul

Tijuana v Tigres UANL

Saturday, August 22, 2015

América v Veracruz

Monterrey v Santos Laguna

León v Guadalajara

Atlas v Toluca

Chiapas v Morelia

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pumas v Dorados

Puebla v Pachuca

Current Table

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Sorry again for being late for this week but here's the weekly Liga MX post

Last Weekend Results

Puebla 3 - 2 Pachuca
Pumas 2 - 0 Dorados
América 3 - 1 Veracruz
Atlas 1 - 2 Toluca
Chiapas 3 - 1 Morelia
León 1 - 0 Guadalajara
Monterrey 1 - 1 Santos Laguna
Querétaro 4 - 2 Cruz Azul
Tijuana 1 - 2 Tigres UANL

Round 7 of the Apertura 2015 (all times CST/-6 UTC)

As of the 65th min Veracruz 1 - 1 Monterrey

Santos Laguna v Pumas

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Cruz Azul v América

Tigres UANL v Querétaro

Pachuca v Atlas

Morelia v Tijuana

Dorados v Puebla

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Toluca v León

5:30 PM
Guadalajara v Chiapas

Current Table

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
America looking good after a bad start. Looking forward to America vs Pumas, both teams are looking really good.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Two new low points in Brazilian soccer history.

First, Romario, now in congress, has been conducting a congressional inquiry into corruption within CBF. Today Andrew Jennings was going to speak about his investigation. No one wants to publicly defend CBF (given how rotten their image is), but CBF is still powerful enough in congress that only 3 of the 18 members of the commission responsible for the inquiry showed up. This is on top of the fact that the president of CBF refuses to leave Brazil or speak to the press for fear of being arrested.

Second, the Brazilian league continues to have terrible refereeing. After the 6th straight match in which either there were mistakes in favor of Corinthians or against his direct competitors, all everyone talks about is match fixing. This includes last night's match where a player received the red card for saying, according to the referee himself, "po, foi falta, foi falta" (translation: hey, it was a foul, it was a foul) and an assistant who was selected to referee an important match after only having acted in one professional match in the 4th division. So ESPN Brazil tried to talk to the head of CBF's refereeing commission today to discuss the accusations. The result? A video of him trying to leave CBF's building, seeing the cameras, turning back around and running back in.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Polidoro please do not search and/or watch the commercial for Tuesday's friendly that is airing here in CR. It is not notable in any way and not at all a deeply embarrassing piece of poo poo that makes me ashamed of being born here, so no need to watch it.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

joepinetree posted:

Two new low points in Brazilian soccer history.

First, Romario, now in congress, has been conducting a congressional inquiry into corruption within CBF. Today Andrew Jennings was going to speak about his investigation. No one wants to publicly defend CBF (given how rotten their image is), but CBF is still powerful enough in congress that only 3 of the 18 members of the commission responsible for the inquiry showed up. This is on top of the fact that the president of CBF refuses to leave Brazil or speak to the press for fear of being arrested.

Second, the Brazilian league continues to have terrible refereeing. After the 6th straight match in which either there were mistakes in favor of Corinthians or against his direct competitors, all everyone talks about is match fixing. This includes last night's match where a player received the red card for saying, according to the referee himself, "po, foi falta, foi falta" (translation: hey, it was a foul, it was a foul) and an assistant who was selected to referee an important match after only having acted in one professional match in the 4th division. So ESPN Brazil tried to talk to the head of CBF's refereeing commission today to discuss the accusations. The result? A video of him trying to leave CBF's building, seeing the cameras, turning back around and running back in.

if even the European FAs are corrupt as hell there's no hope for us South Americans

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the good news is corinthians is in 1st place. :v:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Drogadon posted:

Polidoro please do not search and/or watch the commercial for Tuesday's friendly that is airing here in CR. It is not notable in any way and not at all a deeply embarrassing piece of poo poo that makes me ashamed of being born here, so no need to watch it.

lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL3yKQc2fZI

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Seeing that again reminded me that you guys have probably never seen Oscar "is he having a heart attack? no? it looks like it!" Ramirez on the sidelines before, it's quite distressing

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Drogadon posted:

Lol, I saw something about that video on a news site but didn't watch it, now I had to and the way the fat man talks reminds me of Delfín Quishpe.

Could've been worse, though. Anyway, now that you mentioned the match, are you guys going to play with a full squad? We have more or less the same poo poo team we did at Copa América but somehow it's even worse up front because Cavani won't play (which is good because he's poo poo but also bad because the other guys are much worse).

Please tell them not to score more than three, thank.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Navas stayed in Spain resolving the transfer clusterfuck and Oviedo is injured (unbelievable, I know). Other than that it's the full team.

Ramirez called up Acosta who should be on his way out and not in the team anymore imo and Myrie who is really really bad but we seriously have no other right back who can be Gamboa's backup. Well we do have Heiner Mora but he's not that good defensively and even more fragile than Oviedo. Also no Waston, maybe he knows that "being good in the MLS" means gently caress all.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If I didn't know any better, I would have thought the fat guy in the bandana was trying to sell me grills or patio furniture.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Yepes still plays :aaa:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpBz9TTfFVY

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO

Lmao. "Que domingo de mierda!"

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Venegas is a myth and I wish Oviedo wasn't made of glass but other than that this is a fine lineup and if we play the same as we did against Brazil then this will be a hard fought 0-0 game.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Looks like Tabárez is looking for an excuse in case we lose, he made five subs for this game.
code:
           Silva
Corujo Godín Giménez Cáceres
Sánchez González Arévalo Mayada
        Rodríguez Rolan
I'm glad he subbed the two Pereiras out, they've been poo poo for years, but the team still looks pretty weak and if he wants to experiment he should try to find an alternative to Arévalo who's declining pretty fa(s)t.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Looks like our next game in Bolivia will be the deciding game for that last place in the WC qualyfiers

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone got any info about next years Copa America Centenario changing host country from the US to Mexico?

Fox Sports has it almost as a done deal and ESPN is denying it.

http://www.foxdeportes.com/mexico/story/mexico-se-perfila-como-sede-de-la-copa-america-centenario/

http://www.espn.com.mx/news/story/_/id/2470603/en-mexico-desconocen-version-sobre-sede-de-la-copa-america-2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It was all twitter rumors from what I've seen and the rationale is it would be hosted in Mexico so that a bunch of South/Central American officials wouldn't be arrested in the US. This seems stupid to me because Mexico has an extradition treaty, the officials can stay home, and $$$.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I heard that it would be jointly hosted by Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and Peru or something. If I was a betting man I would wager on "It's not happening at all".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Drogadon posted:

I heard that it would be jointly hosted by Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and Peru or something. If I was a betting man I would wager on "It's not happening at all".

lol if you think someone isn't going to jump on this pile of money to be had.

It's going to Qatar.