Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i really like the statues in this game. my fave might be the hooded woman w/ candelabra one that you see in the chalice dungeons

i like the short one in the choir building thats hunched over with a staff and if you look at it from the side the staff looks like some kind of proboscis or something. i also like the really tall street lamp looking one. cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I've posted it before but I'm a big fan of that elaborate gravestone at the start of charnel lane

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

if stand behind her she is literally incapable of ever landing a hit on you. but I usually don't interrupt her cloud attack because it looks so sick that I like dodging around for the length of it

yeah this. mergo is a big dumb bedsheet, it even gets stunned easily. it kind of sucks.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Sometimes I wish the death messages would start to demean you after a certain point. Like if you keep dying in the same area it says "GIVE UP" or something worse idk

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat the game with the threaded cane

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HolePisser1982 posted:

i really like the statues in this game. my fave might be the hooded woman w/ candelabra one that you see in the chalice dungeons

I liked the cloaked women all over Yharnam holding out candles.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

I think I've posted it before but I'm a big fan of that elaborate gravestone at the start of charnel lane

I was sorta pissed that I missed Charnel Lane until after I beat Rom. By then it was too easy..., also I missed the NPC conversation.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

Did you fight Gehrman

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i love the giant grave stones. why are they so big? if they are that big then what on earth is buried under them

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
those ogre dudes are pretty big

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like the petrified people in the unseen village

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

i love the giant grave stones. why are they so big? if they are that big then what on earth is buried under them

the DLC

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I feel bad for the dead humans.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Human Grand Prix posted:

I feel bad for the dead humans.

True, but they also kinda make it sound like this was a whole city of people living it up off of the benefits of Elder God blood, and the only person you meet who doesn't seem to be a dick is that person (I still don't know if it is a man or woman) in Cathedral Ward, and maybe (maybe) Eileen.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Flying Squirrel posted:

that person (I still don't know if it is a man or woman) in Cathedral Ward

From the Bloodborne wiki:

quote:

The Skeptical Man mentions him as a male. Additionally, clipping through his game model reveals no breasts.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lol people

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
you can be a girl and still have no titties. i seen it

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If the skeptical man says it's a man... wouldn't that mean it's a girl?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm over 75 attempts on defiled watchdog now, I was having better luck hitting his head & knocking him down when he goes to puke than I was dodgin left. Got him to 10% once and ran out of viles. Hopefully I'll get him soon

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

If the skeptical man says it's a man... wouldn't that mean it's a girl?

Hah, Girl it is

And gently caress that diamond dog bastard, I feel your pain. INRI's video is beautiful, but I don't have anywhere near the dodging skills for that. Yeah, tagging him in the head slowly kinda like Your Dead Gay Son was the way to go for me, but I was using L2 on Ludwig's greatsword

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

I'm over 75 attempts on defiled watchdog now, I was having better luck hitting his head & knocking him down when he goes to puke than I was dodgin left. Got him to 10% once and ran out of viles. Hopefully I'll get him soon

jesus dude..stay strong

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
At least if you got him down to 10%, you know you can do it. A couple of better timed dodge and you got him.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If your tapping his nose it's mostly just patience. It'll take like 10 minutes to chip it down unless you get a lot of pukes, but it's pretty ez and guaranteed. The only things that can kill you is charges and getting greedy. Later the dog 98% of the time does the bite-bite-drillyhead combo or the 4s of forward snapping and it's really simple.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

I wish I could help you Benny D

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I want it so badly

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I don't think I've ever wanted more game like I do with Bloodborne. It's so good

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Bloodborne is so good it makes me want to buy a duster and tricorne and act like an unabashed homo in public despite years of internet gamer disease rotting out my soul

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Those three posts. :yeah:

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

frank.club posted:

I did the same on my first play-through, I didn't even try out any other weapons.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 21, 2015

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Flying Squirrel posted:

Hah, Girl it is

And gently caress that diamond dog bastard, I feel your pain. INRI's video is beautiful, but I don't have anywhere near the dodging skills for that. Yeah, tagging him in the head slowly kinda like Your Dead Gay Son was the way to go for me, but I was using L2 on Ludwig's greatsword

thank you. however, i assue you its easier my way. here are the reasons

he hardly ever combos his bites unless you stay in front of him. so you only need to dodge each attack once until you both reset position - very managable + predictable pace.
all of his bites have roughly the same timing
the charge wont ever hit you since you dont stand in front of him after you hit him (thats when he charges). the timing of the charge also changes during the fight so if you fight him on the front then you have to learn even more timings
you can basically control what he does instead of reacting to the stuff he does. theres a very clear pattern in my video which only happens if you fight it the way i do
the fight is much shorter. shorter fight = less chance of dying

the only attacks you need to watch out for are the exact two i get hit by. frankly, theres not a whole lot you can do about either. for the quick stomp, you can avoid hitting his front left leg and just hit the rear left leg instead, since the front leg is the one he starts stomping with. as for the aoe, youre too close to get away, so just do the opposite of what i tried to do, and just stand there and take it for less dmg.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

The bodies buried under them give them nutrients, so they grow like trees. Every so often you come across one that's cracked open, exposing viscera. Everything in Yharnam is alive and bleeding

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

NickRoweFillea posted:

Your mom :rip:

Ha ha just kidding.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Your mom :rip:

Ha ha just kidding.

She is though and she's coming for her children. :cthulhu:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
just started a new SOTFS run, and the changes are cool, but the early game keeps getting more and more boring to me

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started a new character and went with saw spear, which is really good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The transformed saw spear's charged R2 to second R2 is incredibly invigorating

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
everything about the saw spear is good, especially the transform combos, which i guess are really just the saw cleaver combos, but the saw spear is longer and hits harder

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the saw spear is the only wepaon ive never done a playthrough with ... i think the cleaver move set is much better

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

the saw spear is the only wepaon ive never done a playthrough with ... i think the cleaver move set is much better

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the fourth 1h strike being an extra strong slam into the ground is some extra win e: i was thinking of the axe sorry. the axe owns.