Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Sinestro posted:

That implies that any goons have a partner to cheat on in the first place, so...

Yeah but maybe it gives them that extra edge they need to get into a smaller pool of potential candidates.

"Yes, I have wife. She is not, uh, sexual enough."
"I know what you mean, my husband doesn't do anything except play videogames and buy parts for his Suba-"
"HE HAVE SUBARU? TELL MORE ABOUT HEAD GASKET COMPOSITION."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Let me show you my o-ring

:forkbomb:

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
If y'all wanna play DOTA2, hit me up on Steam. I promise to buy wards.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

I think my favorite thing about the 3800 is how many things you can put it into due to GM, Dodge, AMC/Jeep, Toyota, and Aisin laziness..

What do you mean laziness. gently caress you I now my lawn in Indy car speeds. :smug:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Picking up a project on Sunday, finally.

It's boxy, German, and shockingly rust free! And not an E30.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Sinestro posted:

That implies that any goons have a partner to cheat on in the first place, so...

e:f,b

Well you could just have a thing for women who are seeing other people

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

iwentdoodie posted:

G Wagen?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Literally every bit of data on 25c shows they ride better and roll faster and are more aero. Basically riding 23c is nuts esp with a wide rim.

This. If you're comparing tires like-for-like with similar pressures, 25 will give you the same-or-better speed and a smoother ride. Different tires, though, can make a bike feel completely different, so there are a lot of variables. I have been nothing but happy with the Kenda Kountach pair of 25s that I got at the beginning of this year... they have a lot of miles, are very comfortable, but show almost no wear.

rndmnmbr posted:

Bikechat: riding a bike sounds like a lot of fun, but I have an embarrassing confession - I never did learn how to ride a bicycle. Every summer from the time I was five until I was twelve, I'd climb on a bike, try to learn, hit the tiniest little bump and panic and stick my legs straight out and fall over and cry because it hurt. Finally I just gave up and learned to enjoy walking everywhere.

It's not too late. Take the pedals off and push one around as a balance bike. Once you get that down, start pushing yourself faster and faster, learn to coast. Then put the pedals on and watch it come together. Bikes are liberating.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

G400?

:allears:

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Biodome posted:

How does that work? Does that mean you get a new truck?

That means they are gonna give me around the value of the truck and take it and sell it at an auction more than likely. I may get around 3k for it.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
You can buy it back on a salvage title for a small percentage, though.

May or may not be something you're interested in.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I loving wish. This car might be sold to pay for tires for a G Wagen.

89 GTI. 16v with rod knock, but coming with a spare 9A block that's clean as hell, a 16v head, new bumpers, new grill, basically a full extra interior minus seats, and a few other extras.

It needs work, a lot of it, but the price is right. Body is perfect, not a speck of rust.

I may be a tad bit excited.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This is all I have to say about my day.

(that's not even where it's supposed to be on this engine)

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

some texas redneck posted:

Hey at least your not doing the pump...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Goober Peas posted:

Under/Over on the number of goons who were on Ashley Madison

:forkbomb:

Someone made the point that as AM is a sausagefest, it's most likely a front for prositution. And if it wasnt it's still a bloody good idea, give it a veneer of legality and deniabilty so it flies undercover.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The best thing to come of that hack was everyone finding out that josh duggar had not one but two accounts. On top of the whole pedo coverup earlier this year.

What a massively hypocritical piece of poo poo. Family values, my rear end.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Preoptopus posted:

Hey at least your not doing the pump...

gently caress that. If I have to dig that deep into this thing, I'm just going to yank the engine out. It's far easier to pull the timing cover with it out of the car, and it looks like it would come out easy enough.

Upside: didn't know there was an inspection hole in the bellhousing (probably had a rubber plug a long time ago), clutch has a decent amount of life left in it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

How did your car end up with that tidy air box, our HHR has this huge monstrosity that sits on top of the engine that's a pain in my rear end, wonder if I can swap that poo poo out.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

... that's not the airbox. Just part of the resonator.

You can see the airbox on the left side of this pic (well, part of it). It really is a monster for such a small engine.

The resonator comes off easily, makes cleaning the throttle body pretty easy.

(and good luck if you ever have to replace the thermostat, it's so awesome when everything you dig up about your engine doesn't apply to your engine's cooling system, but stuff for a different engine finally locates the thermostat for you)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 21, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah that's what I need regardless. I don't know if you've ever seen an HHR airbox but it's friggin retarded. Pretty sure yours would bolt right up.

[edit] maybe not, overflow is on the opposite side :(

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That's... gotta complicate the cooling system even more.

I still haven't figured out how the radiator comes out of my car. And with it being 10 years old and having plastic end caps, it'll need replacement sooner or later.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

QuarkMartial posted:

You can buy it back on a salvage title for a small percentage, though.

May or may not be something you're interested in.

I have put a lot of work in it and I can fix whats broken. I'd rather not lose it but it all depends on if my insurance will cover it if its a salvage.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I still haven't figured out how the radiator comes out of my car. And with it being 10 years old and having plastic end caps, it'll need replacement sooner or later.

Out the bottom, bitch

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

kastein posted:

The best thing to come of that hack was everyone finding out that josh duggar had not one but two accounts. On top of the whole pedo coverup earlier this year.

Ayuuuuuup. That whole loving whackjob religious shitlord family. They need to fade from the collective mind and disappear. I feel bad for Josh Duggar's wife - now she's found out not only is he a sexual predator, he's a cheating scumbag as well. But in their little community, the Duggar's control so much power, she'll have a tough time getting out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chinatown Chicago - that's a lot of Asian people.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
This is the reason why I never follow celebrities. Maybe the road kill guys (because awesome)

They are all morons.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

From underneath.

Edit: Ah gently caress 14s is on it.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Senior Funkenstien posted:

I have put a lot of work in it and I can fix whats broken. I'd rather not lose it but it all depends on if my insurance will cover it if its a salvage.

I'm not an expert, but I think in a lot of cases they'll only do liability if it's salvage.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Senior Funkenstien posted:

I owned a salvage. Insurance had no problem covering it, but there's no point in carrying anything but liability, since if it's wrecked, you'll only get value for it as a salvage too.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
Thanks guys. I really do want to keep it so maybe I'll be able to.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

kastein posted:

I simply run by the rule that anyone that is obnoxious about Family Values / anti gay has a shitload to hide. And wadda know, over and over again I get proven right, the biggest, loudest bigots / interested in what happens in other people's bedrooms are always kiddie fiddlers / gently caress anything with a pulse / gay.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
My ratchet slipped off a bolt and hit me in the face. I got a bloody nose, fixed my driver's side tie rod end with 3 zip ties, and torqued a ball joint bolt in half. But I got the two LCAs put on, the steering shakes are gone, and I don't need an alignment!

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I need a drink. Apparently the time to quit working out in our shop is after you break your HF 20ton press, the mount you were pressing out and end up shooting a spacer socket across the shop, denting a car. If that was not enough, I managed to bump a box onto a car of brake clean, soaking my thigh and phone. FML

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Sigma X posted:

Don't make promises you can't keep. :v: add me: MustardFacial. I'm loving horrible at this game, I only know about 5 heroes, and I haven't played since before 6.84 so I have no idea what all of these fancy new items do. After watching the TI5 finals I've been looking to get back into it.

Rhyno posted:

Chinatown Chicago - that's a lot of Asian people.

Vancouver/Richmond

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

the spyder posted:

I need a drink. Apparently the time to quit working out in our shop is after you break your HF 20ton press, the mount you were pressing out and end up shooting a spacer socket across the shop, denting a car. If that was not enough, I managed to bump a box onto a car of brake clean, soaking my thigh and phone. FML

I don't even have a shop and I gently caress up my own cars too. Permanently hosed my Miata's hood by closing it on a wrench recently :argh:

I just need a fleet of loving beaters so I don't have to give any fucks.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I lifted my car off a jackstand today, shoved the jackstand out of the way, and promptly dropped the car.

And heard a crunch.

.... jack stand was now supporting the car by the front bumper and lower radiator support. :downsgun: At least the crack in the bumper is on the underside. I'll probably get some acetone or something to melt the crack together so it doesn't spread. No damage to the radiator support, at least.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

I lifted my car off a jackstand today, shoved the jackstand out of the way, and promptly dropped the car.

And heard a crunch.

.... jack stand was now supporting the car by the front bumper and lower radiator support. :downsgun: At least the crack in the bumper is on the underside. I'll probably get some acetone or something to melt the crack together so it doesn't spread. No damage to the radiator support, at least.

Do you not have a hydraulic jack or.....?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Literally every bit of data on 25c shows they ride better and roll faster and are more aero. Basically riding 23c is nuts esp with a wide rim.

Maybe I got a poo poo set of tires from a CL bike. I'll give gp4000 25's a shot. I mean I really like those tires so if I can get away with 25's and have a nicer ride on my aluminium roadie then I'll do it. I'll probably be selling my Fuji D6 2.0 TT bike though. It's a friggen bitch to sell something actually worth money on Houston craigslist these days. Everyone got laid off in oil and gas so nobody's buying poo poo. Certainly no shortage of scammers trying to pull the old paypal shipper scam though.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Lol, this company is absurd. They laid out like 9 hours worth of work for us today with time frames but it takes us 2 hours to get ready in the morning because their shop is a tornado and they dunno how to buy materials. Sorry, not working 12 hours on a Friday...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Sigma X posted:

Sup, 4/5 buddy. I'm on steam, too, same username, same avatar, makes it easier for goons to find me, hoowee what fun times.

• Locked thread