Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
ok i'm listening to iron maiden now and i'm wearing a jean jacket and driving a trans am what's going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PleasureKevin posted:

my guess is it's an animation and he's just miming the actions, that's why the first time he taps the screen it does nothing

it just conveniently looks like lag in the UI

this is extremely fake

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Cold on a Cob posted:

ok i'm listening to iron maiden now and i'm wearing a jean jacket and driving a trans am what's going on

:rock:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

THC posted:

yeah this, meanwhile android back button is always there even when not needed or appropriate so you better hope the developer of the buggy app you just got dumped into implemented it properly

was using an andorid device earlier and the back button on one app gave a pop up asking i fi wanted to clsoe the app and then when i said yes it dumped me to the home screen and not even the page iwa s on before i opened the app why do people put up wthis

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Stux posted:

was using an andorid device earlier and the back button on one app gave a pop up asking i fi wanted to clsoe the app and then when i said yes it dumped me to the home screen and not even the page iwa s on before i opened the app why do people put up wthis

because it cost them less money at the t-mobile store

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Ludwig van Halen posted:

because it cost them less money at the t-mobile store

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

also because the man at the t-mobile store told them it was "years ahead of iphone"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
t mobile goon plan supremacy

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I guess over half of the people trying apple music quit

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fabricated posted:

I guess over half of the people trying apple music quit

it's kind of bad. the selection of music isn't the problem but the UX is loving atrocious

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it's actually really good. sorry about your wrong opinion

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i havent been using it as much lately because its not shiny new anymore and ive been busy. but its still good and i fully intend to pay for it when the trial runs out

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cold on a Cob posted:

apple music categorizes seventh son of a seventh son by iron maiden as "pop" for some reason

it's labelled correctly.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

The Management posted:

this is extremely fake

iOS 4 on an apple watch i could maybe imagine, but this is an app within Watch OS that is iOS 4? it would be a virtual machine then haha

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

it's kind of bad. the selection of music isn't the problem but the UX is loving atrocious

yah it sucks just as bad if not worse than spotify. idgi i thought browing music to listen to was a sovled problem but i guess if i was getting paid 180k to work on it id make it complicate too

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

PleasureKevin posted:

iOS 4 on an apple watch i could maybe imagine, but this is an app within Watch OS that is iOS 4? it would be a virtual machine then haha

it's probably only able to run the home screen / springboard / whatever, and that's why its all it shows

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I got rid of apple music because it makes iTunes/music.app even less usable and Siri will misunderstand a song I want played and play some random poo poo from streaming. free, legal immediate access to almost every song ever was not worth it.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
im probably not going to cancel it bc idgaf about 15 a month or whatever and i didnt really love spotify but man the ux sucks rear end. and there is still no way afaik to have recently played songs show up on any playlist in itunes

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

by far my favorite part of apple music is when i tap "make available offline" on a playlist and it doesnt do anything

my second favorite thing is when it does it, but then later randomly deletes some or all of the songs

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
not sure why anyone would use apple music when there are multiple other services that are superior

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

by far my favorite part of apple music is when i tap "make available offline" on a playlist and it doesnt do anything

my second favorite thing is when it does it, but then later randomly deletes some or all of the songs

so they just renamed itunes to music?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I didn't think anyone even had itunes installed anymore

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i used apple music more when the For You page wasnt suggesting me variations of the same playlists with the same artists and songs over and over next to the same "intro to band" playlists i'd already skipped over (can i 'dislike' things?)

now i just tune into wrtj on beats1 and occasionally search for specific albums. the biggest thing i like about apple music is that it's not spotify, who has cranked the number of ads they play up 200% these last two years. i like that it integrates with my phone i guess but i dont listen to a lot of music on my phone

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
apple music is better than spotify

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

also apple music not literally spying on you

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/08/20/spotify-creepy-privacy-policy/

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

uncurable mlady posted:

low bar tho

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Triglav posted:

i used apple music more when the For You page wasnt suggesting me variations of the same playlists with the same artists and songs over and over next to the same "intro to band" playlists i'd already skipped over (can i 'dislike' things?)

now i just tune into wrtj on beats1 and occasionally search for specific albums. the biggest thing i like about apple music is that it's not spotify, who has cranked the number of ads they play up 200% these last two years. i like that it integrates with my phone i guess but i dont listen to a lot of music on my phone

can't you subscribe to spotify and not get ads though?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
streaming music services continue to be lovely, news at 11

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Amazon music isn't actually an option

Is there anything else?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

can't you subscribe to spotify and not get ads though?

yeah $4/yr if you game it (make a new account every three months and do the $1 for three months thing)

but maybe price is of no concern and spotify is a huge piece of poo poo whose ui is even worse than itunes

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Triglav posted:

spotify premium is cheap, and guess what adblock works on teh spotify web player

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Triglav posted:

yeah $4/yr if you game it (make a new account every three months and do the $1 for three months thing)
Jesus Christ

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Linguica posted:

Jesus Christ

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

Amazon music isn't actually an option

Is there anything else?

google play music i guess

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

guess what appailures android has an app that has spotify recognize your phone as a tablet and therefore lets you pick songs and adblock blocks ads so you can get premium features for free

fuckin wrap it up :smuggo:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

triple sulk posted:

google play music i guess

does that even work on ios

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Blue Train posted:

guess what appailures android has an app that has spotify recognize your phone as a tablet and therefore lets you pick songs and adblock blocks ads so you can get premium features for free

fuckin wrap it up :smuggo:

Linguica posted:

Jesus Christ

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

does that even work on ios

idk op im just spitballing here

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

It is not. It has objectively less useful features, even if you put aside the argument that apple music has worse performance and UX (which it does)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

the rest of IOS already does that for them

• Locked thread