Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I have a black one in 0.35mm and I love it, once I learned to stop accidentally stabbing my self with the needle-like graphite. It has a satisfying heft to it.

This post reminded me I'm almost out of graphite, so I pulled the trigger on some replacement 0.35mm HB graphite, a suppressor, some chain lube, erasers, and a new folding stock for it.

That's illegal in the state of California :colbert:

May as well ask here, I bought these somewhat recently:

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Precise-Retractable-Rolling-Extra/dp/B001E6A9M8

Unfortunately my second batch has an issue my first didn't, which is ink continuing to flow out of the tip even while not writing. It's inconsistent but when it happens it sucks. Any of you nerds recommend a good pen, pref. avail in blue ink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Ryobi is genuinely terrible and I speak from the experience of having used a table saw, a circular saw, a router, miter saw and drill. Every single one of them was made from lovely materials and had some bizzare flaw that makes them no use for anything but a hobbyist. A lot of people are puritanical about the tools they use but to call someone who refuses to work with Ryobi a snob is retarded.There are plenty of good budget brands out there that are a bit more expensive than Ryobi but of vastly higher quality.

My ryobi saw tables are used as work benches now.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

More shoe chat. More shoe shopping.

Momentta Vulc Sala 2

I like these. Been wanting some new Puma's.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Tres Burritos posted:

The unwritten part of that post was, "Yes two pairs of leather boots will last you a lifetime, and are the only footwear you will ever need. I got mine custom fitted at my cobbler for the low low price of $750 per foot. It's important that your cobbler analyzes both your gait and posture as well as the zodiac sign you were born under so that he can better fit the correct animal carcass with your feet. My aura is particularly agreeable with goat hide. It is also important to accompany your boots with the proper maintenance regimen, once a month I treat my boots with only the finest oils in a highly ritualized ceremony under the full moon, some people say the incense is optional but let me tell you, it makes a huge difference."

You can just smell the :smuggo:.

Or maybe I'm misreading it.

What the gently caress is this poo poo

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

plain blue jacket posted:

Ryobi is genuinely terrible and I speak from the experience of having used a table saw, a circular saw, a router, miter saw and drill. Every single one of them was made from lovely materials and had some bizzare flaw that makes them no use for anything but a hobbyist. A lot of people are puritanical about the tools they use but to call someone who refuses to work with Ryobi a snob is retarded.There are plenty of good budget brands out there that are a bit more expensive than Ryobi but of vastly higher quality.

what are those budget brands you speak of

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I picked up a set of Oakley Airbrake ski googles for next season. They came with 2 lenses, Prism Jade (seen) and Prism Rose, which will be better for overcast days. They also fit my helmet pretty much perfectly. (I sent this picture to my friend who also skis, hence the middle finger, not trying to be edgy or anything).

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I dunno maybe learn to use your tools better, I haven't had a single issue with my Ryobi stuff

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
^the Ryobi poo poo came wrong right out of the box. Fences that weren't straight, blades that weren't aligned and couldn't be if you tried. A dust tube made out of lovely hose that did a U bend.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

what are those budget brands you speak of

well by budget I mean "the cheapest you can realistically pay". A brand like Jet is good if you're willing to do some work on the tool. I've got a jet planer and band saw and cannot complain about them at all but they come with very flimsy pressed steel stands however there is nothing stopping you from just building your own or attaching it to a work surface. The bandsaw was about $200 cheaper than the others on offer.

I've heard that Maktec, which is owned by Makita, is also good value for money. They are a "budget" version of Makita I guess.

plain blue jacket has a new favorite as of 17:20 on Aug 20, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like you got a couple duds. How long ago was this?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

Some ridiculous idiot who thinks buying quality items and taking care of them is dumb for some reason. Also a bad poster.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

PCOS Bill posted:

Sounds like you got a couple duds. How long ago was this?

2 years back a month or so apart. I don't know about America but in South Africa Ryobi is well known for a "gently caress you not our problem" when it comes to replacing products in warranty, they're really notorious for it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

2 years back a month or so apart. I don't know about America but in South Africa Ryobi is well known for a "gently caress you not our problem" when it comes to replacing products in warranty, they're really notorious for it.

I had a battery stop holding a decent charge at the very end of its warranty, one that was getting close to as bad, contacted Ryobi, and they had a new set of batteries and a Ryobi hat overnighted to me

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i have a ryobi drill that works well for what i paid for it

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Bought my dogs a place to sleep while I work.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

New shoe time.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

this was my favorite album of last year, just found out a couple weeks ago they'll be coming near me this October and I'm super pumped to see them.

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
i got shoes
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IS5K9WI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

and pants
https://bonobos.com/products/washed-chinos?color=blank%20slates&fit=slim&length=32&waist=32

the pants are still in the mail, so i'll see if i'll end up wearing both at the same time. individually, should work fine for the casual dress code at the new job.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

It's been less than a week since my last trackday.

SO IT BEGINS

Also some cheap Ts from 6dollarshirts so I don't have to give a gently caress about ruining clothes at work.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I might meet you for that track day actually. Family in the area so I may visit right around that time.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ropes4u posted:

That seems like a weird way to do a 3 car garage but man would I love to have a 3 car garage. Was it built like that or was there a renovation at some point?

Edit: Hey Summit is actually the closest track to where I live, but I haven't been on it since a training class in the mid-90's. How many cars do they generally allow on the track at once?
Double-edit: looks like that day is for bikes only so wouldn't apply to me, but out of curiosity what's their bike capacity?

davebo has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Aug 21, 2015

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ryobi is fine for the average person whose tools really aren't doing a ton of heavy lifting. My Ryobi drill is firmly in the "yeah it's ok" category.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pick posted:

Ryobi is fine for the average person whose tools really aren't doing a ton of heavy lifting. My Ryobi drill is firmly in the "yeah it's ok" category.

If you are a home DIYer doing light weight projects, they're fine. If you are a hobbyist woodworker/cabinet maker or undertaking major projects like tearing out and replacing a room, you probably have better tools already.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

davebo posted:

That seems like a weird way to do a 3 car garage but man would I love to have a 3 car garage. Was it built like that or was there a renovation at some point?

Edit: Hey Summit is actually the closest track to where I live, but I haven't been on it since a training class in the mid-90's. How many cars do they generally allow on the track at once?
Double-edit: looks like that day is for bikes only so wouldn't apply to me, but out of curiosity what's their bike capacity?

Why is that a weird way? I live in a new build community and every house with a three car garage looks basically exactly like that.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I bought this magnificent cat blanket at Goodwill for $6.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Link

Link

Also got pillows, a mattress, a bed frame, and need to get a lamp. It's not always that you get to furnish an entire room with online purchases. Wooo, free shipping!

Divorce is so much fun, guys./s

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry she took half your stuff

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

PCOS Bill posted:

Sorry she took half your stuff

He might as well keep the stuff, I need to move in with roommates and only have one room to furnish anyway. It only took me 2 months to find a place to live, too! Fun times.

But seriously, a fresh start feels loving great. I can finally buy poo poo without needing anybody's input.

Edit: Forgot I had to buy a lamp cuz the room doesn't have a ceiling light.

Tulip Candy has a new favorite as of 09:32 on Aug 21, 2015

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Digital_Jesus posted:

I might meet you for that track day actually. Family in the area so I may visit right around that time.

Awesome! I'm camping overnight saturday and leaving sunday evening. You should bring the duke!

davebo posted:

No clue, but it's probably pretty high. We had a group buy last track day so there were tons of people, and everything still went smoothly.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

davebo posted:

The house is new and was only finished a few days before we bought it. It is not forever but we are glad to have the extra space

Thegrul
Oct 27, 2013

Ropes4u posted:

Is that an A class in the foreground?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Thegrul posted:

Is that an A class in the foreground?

If by "a class" you mean a base model Subaru Impreza yes :)

Thegrul
Oct 27, 2013

Ropes4u posted:

If by "a class" you mean a base model Subaru Impreza yes :)

The part in the picture looks like a mercedes a-class, thats what i meant. :)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Are you from Poland/Slovakia/Latvia or another Eastern European country?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just want to see the matching velour track suit.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Thegrul posted:

The part in the picture looks like a mercedes a-class, thats what i meant. :)

I wish I had a green A Class

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

"Tulip Candy posted:

Divorce is so much fun, guys./s

I got a motorcycle after mine, so yeah.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tickets to see these guys live in November.

God, I hope they play Tears. That would be the dopest poo poo to hear live.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
A dozen of these for the crazy low price of $27

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

couldcareless posted:

A dozen of these for the crazy low price of $27

Where at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I just closed on refinancing my mortgage. Soooo I kind of re-purchased my house?