Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Who wants codes?

EDIT: All gone!

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me

Unlucky7 posted:

Who wants codes?

code:
GA3R-QRNC-C5FR

Thank you, I will give this a shot even though I hated AW.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Alteisen posted:

And you bought a $125 dollar adapter to use a mouse and keyboard on a loving console, if we're gonna have have a dick waving contest here over who threw the most money into the fire, you win hands down buddy.

Which copy of Destiny is your favorite?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This game is so loving badass i can't wait for it. I am a massive idiot that likes buying the same poo poo year round

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Black Hat is so loving fun. Just stole a dudes Dart, turned it around, and suicide bombed him with it

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Who wants codes?

code:
PBFR-NBN5-L8PE

Grabbed this one, thanks.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Black Hat is so loving fun. Just stole a dudes Dart, turned it around, and suicide bombed him with it

The last black hat just blew poo poo up right?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well, it is fun in the same way Call of Duty is usually fun.

I will say that it has the best verbal abuse technology I have ever seen in a game! No need for teammates to tell you off when you lose, the character you are playing as will do it all for them!

A SEXY MISTAKE
Nov 4, 2005

got to make some space
That pump shotty video makes me nostalgic for the good ol days of blops. That, and the Mac-10 squirt gun. I think I have to grab a preorder for the bone when the beta starts.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The pump shotty is garbage. It gets hitmarkers at point blank range. It doesn't help that none of the maps in this beta have flanking routes shotguns can make use of, either. They all have waste high cover so you have to use other weapons.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The spawns in demo are hilariously awful. If you want to get a 50-75+ kill game, play demo and obliterate the other team at their spawn with a combination of streaks and supers.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
The spawn traps are real.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
That pump shotgun is just as inconsistent as every other gun in the game now, with the poo poo netcode.
Whereas the 870 was my reliable mandatory go-to in BLOPS 2 in times of garbage netcode (i.e., BLOPS 2's first 8 months of existence), it's no longer reliable at all.
ADS shots have crazy range when they connect, though.

Stock on the BRM is really useful, and Glitch isn't bad, due to the high recharge rate.

Kill Confirmed is better than Dom, and yet it's still possible to spawn trap a la TDM in the old days. I didn't believe it until I saw it.

victrix posted:

The spawns in demo are hilariously awful. If you want to get a 50-75+ kill game, play demo and obliterate the other team at their spawn with a combination of streaks and supers.

They've been horrible in every single game when it comes to Demo. Demo has never been anything but an excuse to spawn trap and pad stats, and loving shame on you for playing it.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Quabzor posted:

The last black hat just blew poo poo up right?

At launch you could capture teammate care packages faster than them with it and it was awesome. Also you could use them as rocket launchers to take out air streaks.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Also if you're a semi-auto fan, the Shieva or whatever with high cal is a two shot body/one shot head out to a certain distance.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

beaner69 posted:

At launch you could capture teammate care packages faster than them with it and it was awesome. Also you could use them as rocket launchers to take out air streaks.

Hahahhaa I remember taking them from goons and holding in my laughter when the predictable "Who the gently caress took my package!?" was asked. Then I'd have to tactfully wait to call it in, so they didn't know it was me.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

The pump shotty is garbage. It gets hitmarkers at point blank range. It doesn't help that none of the maps in this beta have flanking routes shotguns can make use of, either. They all have waste high cover so you have to use other weapons.

Told you guys the pump shotty was bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Is it me, or does it pump slower than the 870 too?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Is it me, or does it pump slower than the 870 too?

It does. It's a downgrade in every single way.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

It does. It's a downgrade in every single way.

Not every way... I mean, it sounds loving great.

And to be fair, it still has ridiculous OHK range while ADS... when it actually works. I'll know for certain when I get the long barrel attachment.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The pump feels pretty good here :shrug: (With Quickdraw and the other fixins on it anyway)

Also is the Razorback the super lame gun right now? It sure feels like it. Good damage, high fire rate, long enough range, like zero recoil and high accuracy. I'm beating snipers at long range, ARs at mid and shotguns at short.

Also also, Ruin's a cool guy and totally-not-Fist-of-Havoc is a fun rear end super move.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Aug 21, 2015

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
"Time to wreck poo poo" my favorite horrible line from this game so far.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I didn't use it a lot but I didn't like the Razorback. I'm looking forward to using the semiauto AR. The semiauto sniper rifle seems pretty ridiculous. Think the MW2 M21 (albeit with lower fire rate) but it gets OSKs at like "higher than navel" level instead of neck/headshots.

The pump shotgun, when it works, is pretty good, but it's really inconsistent.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Shotgun is the best we've had for three games.

Air support has a lifespan of seconds, if anyone on the other team cares.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Nucka posted:

"Time to wreck poo poo" my favorite horrible line from this game so far.

Time to get kinetic.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
870 was too powerful, seems like Treyarch tried to split the difference with this shotgun.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Time to get kinetic.

...in the AO.

Anyone playing this morning?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

870 was too powerful, seems like Treyarch tried to split the difference with this shotgun.

The 870 was right where it needed to be. Honestly having a shotty that only kills in sneezing distance just defeats the purpose of them.

Edit: Hackan I'm playing now.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

The 870 was right where it needed to be. Honestly having a shotty that only kills in sneezing distance just defeats the purpose of them.

Edit: Hackan I'm playing now.

Psn id?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Javes posted:

You shut your secretly pro MLG mouth. It was right where it should have been, i.e. as good as any other gun in the game, rather than a piece of poo poo.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Onshorebread.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Onshorebread.

Invite sent.

Two things I noticed, you can stack silencer and loudener on a gun and you can take gunfighter twice to put 4 attachments on a gun.

Edit: make that three times for five attachments. Truly we live in a brave new world.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
http://www.twitch.tv/offshortoast

Streaming now.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the semiauto AR is pretty hot garbage; the burst AR is just much better

the two best guns are the not-ak47 and the razorback, which is this game's not-m4

the semiauto sniper is pretty good too if you're into that sorta thing

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
http://youtu.be/QGP9oIM9iPQ

Shotgun looks pretty good to me.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

http://youtu.be/QGP9oIM9iPQ

Shotgun looks pretty good to me.

Eh I still can't get it to work for me.

As a side note the HVK with silencer, grip, and red dot is really good

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The shotgun isn't insane but it's good enough to be fun to use.

Also, the new map that was added today seems pretty alright? Dunno how it's going to be for Dom

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Uplink's fun enough from what I tried so far

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
oh. hi boys~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
hahaha wait I can play the beta on ps4 today?? this is a pleasant surprise. PSN IM_DAY_DAY_IRL

ok idk how late to the game I am right now but I'm preordering on amazon and getting $10 off for having prime?? thought yalls should know

IM DAY DAY IRL fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 21, 2015

• Locked thread