Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The best part about part 3 and onward is that non-JoJo characters actually get to win fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My favourite part of Battle Tendency might be when Lisa Lisa finds out George died and she's just like "oh, now you hosed up" and goes and kills that vampire.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The only not perfect thing about Battle Tendency is that Caesar and Lisa Lisa didn't get to beat any of the pillar men.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
Really out there question, but after the Hol Horse & Boingo arc, did Hol Horse actually die or just get sent to the hospital?

Speaking of it, how many of the "Villians of the week" actually die? I know a lot of them just got the poo poo beat out of them, but how many were actually confirmed dead.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Confirmed Dead
Gray Fly, Devo the Cursed, J. Geil, Enya Geil, N'Dour, Petshop, Vanilla Ice

Probably Dead
Captain Tennille, Forever, Nena

Possibly Dead (if left undisturbed)
ZZ, Arabia Fats

Beaten Into a Bloody Pulp
Rubber Soul, Steely Dan, Alessi, Terence T. D'Arby

Severely Mangled (but confirmed alive)
Midler, Mariah

Badly Injured
Cameo, Hol Horse, Oingo, Boingo, Kenny G.

Largely Uninjured but Psychologically Traumatized
Daniel J. D'Arby

Forced to Eat Poop
Mannish Boy

Trapped Forever
Anubis

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I would think that "trapped forever" is a fate worse than death.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Kurtofan posted:

I dunno dude, someone had to eat poop.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

I agree but thought it was funnier to put him at the bottom.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Syllables posted:

Really out there question, but after the Hol Horse & Boingo arc, did Hol Horse actually die or just get sent to the hospital?

Think it says the bullet stopped right before entering the skull and is just injured and knocked out

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Pretty much. I'm pretty sure Stand users can't will their stands to kill themse-

Oh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Isn't Anubis concerned that he'll rust away? If he did, he's basically dead too.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Bad Seafood posted:

How about this?

lookin at her in color, it strikes me how similar joeseph and lisa lisa look. i don't think i've seen many good examples in manga of a child actually resembling their parents like that.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

WrightOfWay posted:

The best part about part 3 and onward is that non-JoJo characters actually get to win fights.

I started typing 'except in part 3 it's polnareff and jojo winning most' then remembered that pol starts poo poo constantly but doesn't finish it nearly so often.

(I actually like kakyoin/polnareff a little more than jotaro so pol's idiocy is endearing).

But yeah, gradually Araki sees the utility of really giving characters a good at-bat or two. Maybe I'm not giving part 3 enough credit there but so often it ends with Jotaro batting cleanup. I'm done with the baseball metaphors thanks

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Jotaro gets clean-up a lot because at that point none of the other stands had really satisfying finishers (except maybe Polnareff). That changes as the series progresses because a) stands get more interesting, and b) more stands get stand cries. Stand cries are extremely important.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Were there any fights that Avdol got to be in and win 1v1?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Judgment
Polnareff

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All of Avdol's Judgment bits are pure gold.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Were there any fights that Avdol got to be in and win 1v1?

he beat jotaro 1v1 at the very start

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wasn't his fight with Polnareff 1 on 1 too?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Naerasa posted:

Jotaro gets clean-up a lot because at that point none of the other stands had really satisfying finishers (except maybe Polnareff). That changes as the series progresses because a) stands get more interesting, and b) more stands get stand cries. Stand cries are extremely important.

Yeah, you're right about the finishers.

I'm looking forward to the anime thread responses the first time josuke punches through an innocent person to get to the bad guy. If last time around was a carnival of 'the last JoJo character was better' maybe that puts a stop to it right off the bat.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ascalapha odorata posted:

I started typing 'except in part 3 it's polnareff and jojo winning most' then remembered that pol starts poo poo constantly but doesn't finish it nearly so often.

(I actually like kakyoin/polnareff a little more than jotaro so pol's idiocy is endearing).

But yeah, gradually Araki sees the utility of really giving characters a good at-bat or two. Maybe I'm not giving part 3 enough credit there but so often it ends with Jotaro batting cleanup. I'm done with the baseball metaphors thanks

Kakyoin finally gets around to inventing Twenty Meter Radius Emerald Splash and look what happens, he would have been ebtter off not bothering

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Kakyoin finally gets around to inventing Twenty Meter Radius Emerald Splash and look what happens, he would have been ebtter off not bothering

what I liked about that bit was that the emeralds had a big explosion

I was like, drat, they never went off like RPGs before

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really enjoy that Hierophant Green's main ability is just to loving barf large gems it makes out if it's hand juice. Like, Kakyoin uses it's stretchy body in really cool ways, but in the end, it just comes down to blasting rocks the size of your head at enemies.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is going to be the EoH cover art, I believe.

I suppose it confirms Gappy, Johnny and Jolyne, though they were never in doubt.

V-Jump comes out today and there's new info in there too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's not nearly enough navels on that box art

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

A Steampunk Gent posted:

:smith:

bbbbut he figured it out, and that bought Jotaro... something...

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

:smith:

bbbbut he figured it out, and that bought Jotaro... something...

Yeah to be fair his sacrificial death was actually pretty pivotal in defeating Dio, he was a far better Zeppeli than Caesar at the very least

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJlt69E-vk

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Kakyoin beat Dio

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kakyoin was the moral victor of their battle.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm pretty sure I saw this here first but I'll repost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHP2Z3go8Is

My Jotaro figure came in and I cannot tell if they accidentally sent me the same head twice or if the difference in expressions is so subtle that I can't pick it out - such is the nature of Jotaro Kujo.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

My Jotaro figure came in and I cannot tell if they accidentally sent me the same head twice or if the difference in expressions is so subtle that I can't pick it out - such is the nature of Jotaro Kujo.

I think in one if the heads he is smiling...sort of.

A bit.

drat it, Jotaro.

mr meowzers
Sep 18, 2014

Desperado Bones posted:

I think in one if the heads he is smiling...sort of.

A bit.

drat it, Jotaro.

One on the left has a tiny smirk. Serious.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
When are they going to release BarkleyXJoJo figurines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxl6SZf19ec

sorry if its a repost

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I love how Heirophant Green makes a toot toot sound when using emerald spalsh.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I've been rereading Part 4, and I've noticed two odd things:

• Between Okuyasu, Kobayashi, Hazamada, Yukako, and Rohan, the protagonists are remarkably quick to forgive people for attempted murder.
  • It seems like every villain makes a big deal about trying to avoid a direct confrontation with Jotaro because "he can stop time for one or two seconds!" What's unclear is how they know this in the first place.

I've gotten up to Enigma on my reread, and noticed several interesting things I'd forgotten:

• Rohan made Josuke, not Koichi, move at high speeds to protect him from Highway Star. I'm not sure why I misremembered that (or why Chrome's spellchecker doesn't recognize "misremembered").
  • In the Cinderella storyline, Aya Tsuji was more sympathetic than I remembered; although she was willing to let Yukako become ugly until she changed her mind at the last second, she never actually tried to kill Yukako, while Yukako at least talked about killing Aya. I'd also forgotten the implication that Aya was gay for Yukako.
  • The protagonists, especially Rohan, actually did come up with some potential leads to find Kira after he changed his face. I guess Rohan never got around to investigating all the commuters because the other Stand users, his house getting burned down, etc. kept distracting him.
  • One strange bit: The man on the tower says he's been there for 3 years, so Superfly can't be the result of getting shot by the Arrow. I guess he still counts as one of the 6 Stand users Kira's dad mentioned because he still recruited him?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

I've gotten up to Enigma on my reread, and noticed several interesting things I'd forgotten:

• Rohan made Josuke, not Koichi, move at high speeds to protect him from Highway Star. I'm not sure why I misremembered that (or why Chrome's spellchecker doesn't recognize "misremembered").

He did it for both of them, koichi's was when they went into the ghost alley together

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

josuke and co. definitely are pretty quick to forgive people, but on the flipside they're very ready to gently caress up anyone who truly puts them and/or their loved ones in absolute danger. mostly josuke.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Silver2195 posted:

[*]One strange bit: The man on the tower says he's been there for 3 years, so Superfly can't be the result of getting shot by the Arrow. I guess he still counts as one of the 6 Stand users Kira's dad mentioned because he still recruited him?

Huh, I didn't think about that.

Though honestly anytime I try to really consider the timeline for this stuff my head starts to hurt and I have to remind myself that I'm reading a bunch of stuff that was originally spaced way, way out so of course he just forgot details/decided they didn't matter.

When I was reading Rohan at the Louvre recently I started getting very confused about the timeline for Rohan's abilities, cuz I thought he got them from the arrow in Morioh more 'recently' but then he has them when he's a teenager in the book? I dunno, maybe I'm missing something there that I'll figure out during the re-read. I'm sticking with the anime thread pace so it'll be a bit before I get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It seems reasonable that Rohan might've sprouted a stand like Tonio did, considering they are similar in their obsessive quest for professional supremacy.