Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

I have no idea what you're complaining about in the video, Fatman is easily the best villain in MGS2.

He's my favorite Dead Cell member, definitely. Well, unless you count Solidus I guess but I don't usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It helps that Fatman is the only member of Dead cell who is enjoying himself in a non creeper manner. On top of being the only member of Dead cell to do poo poo of Mission Relevance for Raiden, instead of Personal Relevance (Sorry, Nameless military guys. You really don't count for anything)

I am sad that Fatman was not an alternate unlock in Evolution Skateboarding, even if he did have roller blades instead.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 2 Episode 6 - First Dates :siren:

Grace and I talk about our first date while Rose and Raiden talk about their first date, making this even more unwatchable than that episode where I ran up and down the comm. towers in MGS1 repeatedly.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Did you miss some dog tags by waiting til now to go back down to the strut A basement? Or is that just in higher difficulties? I don't remember at what point those two jackoffs from the beginning of the Plant mission start carrying dog tags.

Also, yeah the shaver's there on easy difficulty in the original version. It's the best when you give it to Pliskin when you first meet him cause he gives a this look around like "uh, okay..." and in my headcanon he spends the rest of the game worrying that his beard looks dumb and Raiden just passive aggressively told him by giving him a razor.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Choco1980 posted:

Did you miss some dog tags by waiting til now to go back down to the strut A basement? Or is that just in higher difficulties? I don't remember at what point those two jackoffs from the beginning of the Plant mission start carrying dog tags.

Also, yeah the shaver's there on easy difficulty in the original version. It's the best when you give it to Pliskin when you first meet him cause he gives a this look around like "uh, okay..." and in my headcanon he spends the rest of the game worrying that his beard looks dumb and Raiden just passive aggressively told him by giving him a razor.

I think they only have dog tags in the earlier difficulties, where the M9 is down there. As far as I remember there's no way to freely go back down, just when the bomb in the basement is active.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I have never fund anything to confirm this but I'm reasonably certain that Rose was supposed to originally think King Kong was climbing the World Trade Center, since Kong does climb it in a remake from the...70s I want to say. But then, ya know 9/11, and now she has to say another building.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

If you finish the game with a Sea Louse in your rations, you get the Sea Louse ranking :haw:

Also Dan it's Substance. Subsistence is MGS3 :spergin:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

Also Dan it's Substance. Subsistence is MGS3 :spergin:

I somehow NEVER catch myself making that mistake until like ten seconds later :saddowns: Subsistence is a fun word to say.

Also holy poo poo people must have HATED that episode

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Danaru posted:

I somehow NEVER catch myself making that mistake until like ten seconds later :saddowns: Subsistence is a fun word to say.

You doubled up on first date stories, that created the most boring episode possible.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

They realized Grace will forever be out of their reach :saddowns:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Danaru posted:

Positive side- We now know a good room clearing video. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Danaru posted:

:psyduck:

edit:

people hated that video so much that it spread to me too somehow

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CJacobs posted:

edit:

Youtube will never recover from that time I told the story of how Grace nearly broke my leg on our first date. :saddowns:

In case anyone doesn't know, youtube is showing everyone as losing a ton of subscribers in the analytics section :v: no one knows why yet

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Another bot purge?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

FeyerbrandX posted:

Another bot purge?

Not as far as I can tell, I still have the same amount of subscribers, just an analytics issue I think.:shrug:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
That subscriber talk made me check too, and I have a much better question:

How do you gain a subscriber due to a closed account?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

CJacobs posted:

edit:

Oh god! It's happening to me too.

Youtube is saying that the stats are wrong, but I'm FAIRLY sure it's right.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

SSNeoman posted:

They realized Grace will forever be out of their reach :saddowns:

Danaru, do you think love can bloom in the battlefield LP subforum?

Grace is awesome. Who else will back-sass you and kick you in the knees? :v:

What I'm trying to say is that even considering that, Grace is way, way, WAY better than Rose.

Wait... Grace... Rose... gRaSE...

Oh, God, Grace is an A.I.! :gonk:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Kal-L posted:

Danaru, do you think love can bloom in the battlefield LP subforum?

Grace is awesome. Who else will back-sass you and kick you in the knees? :v:

What I'm trying to say is that even considering that, Grace is way, way, WAY better than Rose.

Wait... Grace... Rose... gRaSE...

Oh, God, Grace is an A.I.! :gonk:

This has all been a simulation to create the perfect LPer.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

I was going to hang on to this until the episode came out, but here's a preview of episode 12 or so.

The simulation has failed.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I was going to hang on to this until the episode came out, but here's a preview of episode 12 or so.

The simulation has failed.
Raiden's dunk skills are superb though.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

SSNeoman posted:

Suddenly Dan's uncanny aptitude for Sonic 06 makes sense.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Executing Later Nerds Protocol.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I think that's our first raiden mission fail. I forgot they have the weird little death screen.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Choco1980 posted:

I think that's our first raiden mission fail. I forgot they have the weird little death screen.

second, I die in an arguably dumber way in an upcoming episode :ssh:

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Choco1980 posted:

There's a ton of stats hidden in the game over screen. It's actually pretty neat if you're doing a speedrun/perfect run near the end.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Stupid things that amuse me.

How Raiden says "Freeze" when you hold people up, after waking them with the coolant spray :downs:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Danaru posted:

an arguably dumber way

I don't know if that exists, judging from that gif.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 2 Episode 7 - You Missed:siren:

I beat two bosses in this episode, and the episode is still 90% cutscene.

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
Isn't there a bomb artist in Naruto too?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

mkwong98 posted:

Isn't there a bomb artist in Naruto too?

Yep, Deidara. Makes sculptures out of clay, and can then make them explode.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mikl posted:

Yep, Deidara. Makes sculptures out of clay, and can then make them explode.
Still not as silly as Fatman.
Also where did Fatman keep that bomb? That was waay too big even for his bomb dress/apron thing.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

Croccers posted:

where did Fatman keep that bomb? That was waay too big even for his bomb dress/apron thing.

I think you know enough to know that you really don't want to know.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I think you missed two mentions of Metal Gear(metalgear) during the last codec.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's okay. He's gonna have pleeeeeeeentyyyyyyy of chances to make up for it :v:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
I'm disappointed they didn't retcon Faman into having a MGS3-style death scene. "FATMAAAAAAAN! *explodes*"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

It's okay. He's gonna have pleeeeeeeentyyyyyyy of chances to make up for it :v:

I finished editing episode 8 today, since part of it wouldn't render right, and I can promise you Ames makes our episode go over by like ten minutes by just saying Metal Gear over and over :froggonk:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I finished editing episode 8 today, since part of it wouldn't render right, and I can promise you Ames makes our episode go over by like ten minutes by just saying Metal Gear over and over :froggonk:

It's training for your next drinking game.

During Cutscenes only, when Snake grunts or makes a pained sound.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I unironically love Fatman and his fight and his voice actor.

"The ultimate of demolition devotees" yess say it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, the detail of Vamp being like, Fortune's step-mommy is one of those weird super-important details that is mentioned exactly once if you're lucky to snatch up the right codec call at the right time. Just like how little is said about Col. Jackson, the former Dead Cell leader, now dead. He's Fortune's husband. Everyone around her has a tendency to die. Like, frequently. :smith:

Also if you're trying for no-kills, the Fatman fight is such a p in the d on higher difficulties. The M9 does barely anything to his lifebar.