Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

We've been utterly unable to find a striker that is: better than we already have, under £10m, and wants to play for us. I guess we've decided to scrap the first attribute. I'll be annoyed if we end up selling Hooper to make room for someone not as good.

£10m seems to be the starting price for Premier League level strikers now. Theres simply not that many decent strikers available at the moment, just hundreds of attacking midfielders and wingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Myssu posted:

£10m seems to be the starting price for Premier League level strikers now. Theres simply not that many decent strikers available at the moment, just hundreds of attacking midfielders and wingers.

Some Championship teams pushing up the price a bunch on decent Championship/average prem strikers too

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Seems like Jonny Evans has offers from several clubs and could be moving on. :woop:

Watch him go for £4m. He's poo poo but not that poo poo.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Took a look at Transfermarkt if any freebie strikers left. Anyone want Berbatov, Vaz Te, Carlton Cole, McFaddden or Yakubu?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Some Championship teams pushing up the price a bunch on decent Championship/average prem strikers too

Yep this is the main issue. Norwich used to get by buying the best of Championship and League 1 players to make up for the fact that no decent foreign based players want to live in Norfolk but now we're being priced out of that :qq:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Remember when everyone praised Chelsea for getting £18 million for De Bruyne...ouch.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I still can't believe they are probably going to shell out £40 million for a 20 year old defender, no matter how much prospect he has.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope this last week of the transfer window owns, and hell, it seems like it might.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

T Bowl posted:

I still can't believe they are probably going to shell out £40 million for a 20 year old defender, no matter how much prospect he has.
Way more overpriced than Sterling if it happens, by a considerable margin.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Everton have no need to sell, he has 3-4 years left on his current deal and he's not angling for the move so of course it's going to be overpriced

(I don't think it's happening though)

edit; Also Everton are most likely going to sign Yarmolenko, so that's cool

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
'Arry supports Charlie Austin:

I never knew Charlie Austin miss one day’s training, let alone a match. Every single day he was on the training pitch. For whatever reason he failed a medical but Charlie doesn’t miss training, doesn’t miss a game. He’s got no problem with his knee, he doesn’t have to sit there with ice on his knee all day, every day he’s out on that training ground.

He’s 100 per cent fit, and anybody interested in Charlie shouldn’t be worried, I’d back him all day long, his fitness record is not a problem.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jonny Evans could do a job for Villa imo

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

MoPZiG posted:

Took a look at Transfermarkt if any freebie strikers left. Anyone want Berbatov, Vaz Te, Carlton Cole, McFaddden or Yakubu?

i'd love yakubu to come back to blackburn

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

And Harry says he's not a fackin wheeler dealer...

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The Joel Campbell move to Palermo is dead according to both clubs. Wenger said today that he has plans for Campbell this year, so that's probably the "new" striker Arsenal will get this window.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah I do think he will get a DM though but can see it being some obscure player at good value who has half a chance of failing.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wengy will only do a deal if someone is getting pushed out of A Big Club.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

thompson posted:

Remember when everyone praised Chelsea for getting £18 million for De Bruyne...ouch.

It's going to be worse when the Pogba saga starts (next summer in all probability), knowing United left him go for free.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Blue Star Error posted:

Yep this is the main issue. Norwich used to get by buying the best of Championship and League 1 players to make up for the fact that no decent foreign based players want to live in Norfolk but now we're being priced out of that :qq:

Guess what. Football is dead.

We have rejected 5m pound bids for Dunk and 2.5m pound bids for Stephens both good but not spectacular Championship players.

It is hosed and surely to come crashing in spectacularly.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

thompson posted:

I can't wait for Jose to rip him if he sucks in the prem.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
De bruyne is really loving good

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it's almost as if, despite making a decent profit chelsea would be much much better with de bruyne and lukaku than the poo poo players they've replaced them with

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

Bea Nanner posted:

. I guess that is Stones is gone?

He probably is. In my eyes we're playing the typical everton transfer game of making it look like we've been forced into selling when in fact the player has been up for sale all along but we don't want to make the board look bad (which they are).

He'll probably hand in a transfer request close to the window, we'll go "oh look we've been forced into selling", we'll spend half the money on a couple of players and the rest will disappear into our financial black hole.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

it's almost as if, despite making a decent profit chelsea would be much much better with de bruyne and lukaku than the poo poo players they've replaced them with

lukaku is a wasteman

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Guess what. Football is dead.

We have rejected 5m pound bids for Dunk and 2.5m pound bids for Stephens both good but not spectacular Championship players.

It is hosed and surely to come crashing in spectacularly.

Those prices don't sound that unreasonable to me in a world where Andre Gray's one season outside of non league makes him worth £9m

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

TelekineticBear! posted:

lukaku is a wasteman
loic remy is so so much worse and the inside of radamel falcao's knees like mom's spaghetti

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

TelekineticBear! posted:

lukaku is a wasteman

I wish, he murdered us last weekend

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

We've been utterly unable to find a striker that is: better than we already have, under £10m, and wants to play for us. I guess we've decided to scrap the first attribute. I'll be annoyed if we end up selling Hooper to make room for someone not as good.

Gary Hooper is cool and good and I don't understand why he doesn't get a game.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Her Dryer posted:

Gary Hooper is cool and good and I don't understand why he doesn't get a game.

Its because there's no room for strikers without freakish physical attributes anymore. He can't lead the line on his own like Jerome and despite being surprisingly good at creating chances from deep he's not as good in the hole as Hoolahan so he's left on the bench.

The world was better when bad sides could get away with 2 up front.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TelekineticBear! posted:

lukaku is a wasteman

he's not, he's also only 22 and would score all the goals for chelsea for years

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

22... gently caress me. what is it with chelsea forwards looking like they're 40 years old

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Ape Gone Insane posted:

22... gently caress me. what is it with chelsea forwards looking like they're 40 years old
I found out yesterday that Victor Moses is still at Chelsea, and is only 24 years old.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

I found out yesterday that Victor Moses is still at Chelsea, and is only 24 years old.

I would have guessed he was 28/29. God drat.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

I would have guessed he was 28/29. God drat.
I think you're right tbh

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Chris de Sperg posted:

I think you're right tbh

Hmm good point.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

thompson posted:

It's insane top think in a year or two Wolfsburg are probably going to get between 2 and 3 times that amount. Good bit of business. Then again what did Chelsea make on him? Thought they had a decent return too.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Mourinho on KDB: "If you have a player knocking on your door & crying every day that he wants to leave then you have to make an option"

Probably had a lot to do with his youth and the expectation. Glad to see he grew out of that when he was given a chance to leave.

The Toking King
Aug 18, 2015

by Cowcaster

hadji murad posted:

Mourinho on KDB: "If you have a player knocking on your door & crying every day that he wants to leave then you have to make an option"

Probably had a lot to do with his youth and the expectation. Glad to see he grew out of that when he was given a chance to leave.

"If you have a player knocking on your door & crying every day that he wants to leave and he goes and tears apart a top 3 league, maybe you should have played him before it got to that point."

I can't remember if Mourinho or SAF said that about De Bruyne or Pogba, or even if they said that. It's all running together.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I don't really buy that both KDB and Lukaku didnt have "it" and had to be sold. I think Chelsea should've kept both and told Mourinho to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

Manchester United have been in secret talks to try to buy 23-year-old Barcelona forward Neymar.

-~ secret talks ~-

• Locked thread