Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i'm going to mod this game to death but i would like to do one playthrough vanilla so i have a reference for how much better i'm making it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i'm going to mod this game to death but i would like to do one playthrough vanilla so i have a reference for how much better i'm making it

Same here, except I make an exception for fixing Bethesda's broken UI.

RyanManRules
May 31, 2006

Does the infinite lunchbox....."cheat" work still or was that patched out asap so us droids couldn't take advantage?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

RyanManRules posted:

Does the infinite lunchbox....."cheat" work still or was that patched out asap so us droids couldn't take advantage?

Patched out, but do what I do - turn all wireless and whatnot off, then skip ahead 7 days at a time and get all the lunchboxes you want.

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Proposed Thread Title Change: "Fallout 4: How 'bout That Fallout Shelter Game?"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What else is there to talk about?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Nevets posted:

Same here, except I make an exception for fixing Bethesda's broken UI.

Ugh is Bethesda going to use the inventory UI from F3? If so, I might give this game a pass.

No I won't.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'm probably going to buy this game if it's on sale in December since they'll probably find a million bugs when they release it as usual from Bethesda. :v:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

dog kisser posted:

Patched out, but do what I do - turn all wireless and whatnot off, then skip ahead 7 days at a time and get all the lunchboxes you want.

How do you skip days?

Manket posted:

Proposed Thread Title Change: "Fallout 4: How 'bout That Fallout Shelter Game?"

Hey I'm practicing for my settlement.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Zombie Boat posted:

How do you skip days?

Change your device date.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Zombie Boat posted:

How do you skip days?

Change the date on your phone to 7 days ahead.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

dog kisser posted:

How many lunchboxes do you get after 7 days?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bitcoin bastard posted:

Ugh is Bethesda going to use the inventory UI from F3? If so, I might give this game a pass.

No I won't.

I must be a mutant because I never had much problems with the default UI in Bethesda games except Morrowind.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Crows Turn Off posted:

How many lunchboxes do you get after 7 days?

1 - every seven days of 'play' you get something like 700 caps and a lunchbox

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I must be a mutant because I never had much problems with the default UI in Bethesda games except Morrowind.

I didn't have a -problem- with the ones in Oblivion and Skyrim, no, but they were still hot garbage.

What they use for Fallout is the least offensive inventory UI bethesda has designed.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

dog kisser posted:

1 - every seven days of 'play' you get something like 700 caps and a lunchbox

My last three lunchboxes owned.

1 - Colonel Autumn, 600 caps, 60 Energy
2 - Some random chick with high stats and good clothes, 1000 caps, some food
3 - 600 caps, random dweller, HARDENED FAT MAN

Colonel Autumn (Who spent the last two days strength training) with a 22-25 damage fat man in the wastes is mopping the floor with everything he encounters.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Magmarashi posted:

What they use for Fallout is the least offensive inventory UI bethesda has designed.
After dealing with the UIs for the Borderlands series, Bethesda's designs are a breath of fresh air.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Art of Fallout 3 was pretty nice so I'm expecting good things from this

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

dog kisser posted:

Do your wasteland searchers find anything?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Along with a power armor, I finally got a character I recognize...

Confessor Cromwell!

Time to stop manning the water purifiers in accordance with his religion, I guess.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

Along with a power armor, I finally got a character I recognize...

Confessor Cromwell!

Time to stop manning the water purifiers in accordance with his religion, I guess.

Who the gently caress is that

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Probably someone from a side game like Fallout or Fallout 2.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is the only way to get a mr. handy to pay real money for it?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Is the only way to get a mr. handy to pay real money for it?

No, it's also a rare drop from normal lunchboxes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

He's the dude worshiping the bomb in Megaton.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Behold! He's coming with the clouds!

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

frajaq posted:

The Art of Fallout 3 was pretty nice so I'm expecting good things from this

I'm sad there's no Adam Adamowicz. He was a drat good artist.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I'm sad there's no Adam Adamowicz. He was a drat good artist.

There might be some actually, they started work on 4 before he passed and he was working right until the end.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Lotish posted:

Ohh, okay. I only really remember Moira Brown and the sheriff guy from Megaton edit: and that one brahmin, who is my friend

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lotish posted:

I thought he was the dude living in the belfry in brightstone cove tseldora?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

That reminds me that since Fallout there always was that one annoying guy who was preaching in the middle of the street, who will be this individual this time?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Bholder posted:

That reminds me that since Fallout there always was that one annoying guy who was preaching in the middle of the street, who will be this individual this time?

We give praise in the name of the Holy Sox, gently caress the Yankees Amen.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Die Laughing posted:

I'm not an obsessive pack rat in games, but the crafting in this one makes me nervous. What do you do when everything is potentially useful?

Witcher 3 has this same problem. Everything might be useful, and I walk around with a million knick knacks in my backpack like some ambulating pawn shop.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

7c Nickel posted:

We give praise in the name of the Holy Sox, gently caress the Yankees Amen.

And yae did the devil, in his grey insignia, did walk upon the field and did Clueless Joe weave his terrible magics that made his demons unbeatable yet again.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Starting to really look forward to this. I played through most of Fallout 3 and its expansions, but eventually got sick of it, in part because I had no attachment to the story. So having a voiced protagonist is great. But the main reason is that I just hated VATS since there was next to no strategy involved and it became a big "I WIN!!!" button. Seeing that playing as as a straight FPS seems to be viable this time, that's also no longer a problem.

I don't mind the concept of something like VATS, that truly makes it an RPG. Something like the "time only moves when you do" concept of Superhot would have been an incredible VATS replacement. Extremely strategic, would be used sparingly in very difficult encounters. Someone will probably mod it in, but then enemy balance will be thrown out the window.

I just wish Fallout 4 had a more interesting location aesthetic. I think people complaining about the graphics in comparison to Fallout 3 are missing the point, the problem is not the graphical quality, but that the setting looks exactly the same as Fallout 3. Could have gone to San Francisco, or New York, or London/Paris/Tokyo/wherever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are there any dumb ways to game Fallout shelter? I currently just have a floor deep down in my vault full of people I never look at. There two 3x of power and water and a 2x food. Mr. Handy goes back and forth to collect everything while I play with room placement above. My living quarters and storage are on their own floors separated from everything else. Rad Roaches pop in to say hello then leave because there's no one to attack. I guess that makes it kind of risky to go bone there, but whatever.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

So turning off data and setting your date forward can game the daily rewards as reported.

However I think it irrevocably fucks your game. Since I did it nobody who I send to explore the wasteland actually does anything. Also room completion times shoot up into the hundreds of hours, but that can be reset by rushing them.

I also now have 575/525 power and it doesn't look like it ever drops :downs:

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 22, 2015

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

GyverMac posted:

Witcher 3 has this same problem. Everything might be useful, and I walk around with a million knick knacks in my backpack like some ambulating pawn shop.

That's why they patched in inventory storage for Witcher 3 recently. As for Fallout, it will be why you either set up a homestead of your own or find a home base to operate out of. Diamond City will probably be a potential one, and other locales are likely to be available as well.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I wish they would somehow mark non-respawning containers so you could more easily gather and store things in stashes around the map. I guess items potentially disappearing is more realistic, but goddammit let me use my lockpicking knowledge to lock those bitches up or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Another thing to keep in mind about Shelter is there's a teeny, tiny little bug where if you device doesn't have enough battery power and/or memory, the game might just possibly crash and wipe your save data.

• Locked thread