Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scarf posted:

I just closed on refinancing my mortgage. Soooo I kind of re-purchased my house?

Condolences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Almost everything on this page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPT3rDXCEZE

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Etrips posted:

Where at?

Home Depot

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

rockcity posted:

Why is that a weird way? I live in a new build community and every house with a three car garage looks basically exactly like that.

I don't know, I don't recall seeing any houses in my area done that way so maybe it just seems weird to me. It's like one big garage with a single-car door on the side then someone built a lower two-car garage sticking out in front of it. I need to see how it works on the inside to understand the flow of it and where it connects to the house' interior. I just image searched for 3 car garage floorplan but all I saw were pretty basic designs.

Edit: searched for one with "tuscan" in it that had some results. I guess I was expecting some sort of reason for the third bay to be recessed, like a wall or partition of some sort, but it seems like most just have it as one wide open 3-car garage on the inside but with 2 feet less space in front of the third bay?

davebo has a new favorite as of 18:05 on Aug 21, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PCOS Bill posted:

Condolences

Nah, s'all good. I was on an ARM before with 2 years left before it'd start going up. Got in on a conventional fixed rate at 4.375%. Monthly payment only went down about $50, but at least now it's fixed.

this concludes Adult Chat.

I also bought 13lbs of grain to brew an oktoberfest beer on Sunday.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 18:23 on Aug 21, 2015

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Scarf posted:

I just closed on refinancing my mortgage. Soooo I kind of re-purchased my house?

Nice work. I just did the same, yay cutting 10 years off my mortgage and saving about $100k in interest.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Scarf posted:

I did this 3 years ago, 6 years into owning and it cut my monthly payments by 40% with zero closing costs and a negligible change in total expenditure.

feels good!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Tickets for Sunday:

And for this show:

http://redrocksonline.com/concerts-events/detail/o.a.r.-9-13-9-13-2015

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'd be pretty stoked on any of those days. I'd kill to see the black lips play again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NotAnArtist posted:

I'd be pretty stoked on any of those days. I'd kill to see the black lips play again.
Yeah, that's an insane lineup. Holy crap :stare:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I wish the organizers of Outside Lands would take inspiration from this lineup. Have fun dude!

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

davebo posted:

I don't know, I don't recall seeing any houses in my area done that way so maybe it just seems weird to me. It's like one big garage with a single-car door on the side then someone built a lower two-car garage sticking out in front of it. I need to see how it works on the inside to understand the flow of it and where it connects to the house' interior. I just image searched for 3 car garage floorplan but all I saw were pretty basic designs.

Edit: searched for one with "tuscan" in it that had some results. I guess I was expecting some sort of reason for the third bay to be recessed, like a wall or partition of some sort, but it seems like most just have it as one wide open 3-car garage on the inside but with 2 feet less space in front of the third bay?

Ours will end up with a row of shelving between the third bay and the other two. But as built, giant space and form over function.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I honestly would have loved to go to all of the days, but I have work Friday and have a lot of expensive purchases I want to make in the next few months (that I'm sure will end up here) and just couldn't justify it, so I picked the day I liked best.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I went last year and it was great, this year's lineup looks awesome and now I'm sad that I'm not going. Enjoy!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

year of the moscow mule starts now. i just bought vodka and ginger beer. any suggestions on what i should go for?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Not as nice as other people's, but we like it... Except some of the paint. So also pretend I posted paint, primer, and supplies.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought Mad Max game because I'm a cool guy.

Katyiah
Aug 10, 2009
Ask me why I'm not running.

I bought a little guy!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Katyiah posted:

I bought a little guy!

Now that's a hi-tech dildo

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

88h88 posted:

Are you from Poland/Slovakia/Latvia or another Eastern European country?

i occasionally think that I was switched in hospital and was given an Irish surname. otherwise, yeah, these shoes are bitchin' stylish leather sneakers with with a neat mass effect n7 stripe.

speaking of video games with red motifs, I mangoes to snag this preorder for $40 at a Walmart.comndeal While ago:

Necronomoticon has a new favorite as of 09:25 on Aug 22, 2015

Katyiah
Aug 10, 2009
Ask me why I'm not running.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Now that's a hi-tech dildo

Something something letting off steam idk

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Been buying some end-of-summer bits and pieces over the course of August:.

A couple of books:

Some girly stuff

A blue version of this shirt:

Plane tickets to the following places (for conferences next winter; I had to buy them all at once, because the next round of uni travel grants is due in about two weeks. I'll get the money back within the next wage cycle, but in the meantime, looking over my bank statement is an exercise in :stonk: :psyduck: :magical:)

And one to sneak in a visit to my mum during one of the conference trips, as I haven't seen her in three years

(at least, the airport there; she lives with my brother in a small town about 30 miles away)

The next big 'purchase' comes in September (at least, the applications fees and stuff therein; gently caress knows how long the process will take):
:britain:

Ms Boods has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Aug 22, 2015

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Ms Boods posted:

The next big 'purchase' comes in September (at least, the applications fees and stuff therein; gently caress knows how long the process will take):
:britain:

Took about a month for me to get my first British passport delivered from when I send my documents to them through citizenship by descent. A couple of weeks extra to get my documents back.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Harley C posted:

Took about a month for me to get my first British passport delivered from when I send my documents to them through citizenship by descent. A couple of weeks extra to get my documents back.

Sadly, I have to get my naturalisation papers, first -- all told, from application to actually pledging my troth to the Queen (which irritates me -- it irritates my British colleagues!), it's anywhere from four weeks to six months (judging from about 10 minutes' desultory poke around Google on the subject), as they have to process the application, then send an official letter with a special code so that I can go to the PO to get my biometrics done (again!), then I send that in, then they faff about, then if/when I get approval, I have to wait for the 'invitation' to get citizenship (which itself can be a couple months' wait), and then have to set up the appointment to have that done (I'm not doing it in a group as you can book in times just to go and sort the paperwork). On the other hand, the whole thing could be done and dusted really quickly -- no way of knowing. I hired a lawyer to expedite the visa and LTR process, but the best you can do with applying for citizenship is go to an NCS.

THEN I get to go to the PO and get the passport application, which will probably be sometime after the first of the year.

All told, it's taken about four years so far, and in the ballpark of £20,000 (original two-year visa, then getting indefinate leave to remain). This doesn't include the cost to move over here.

My colleagues were astonished at the length of the application form, but it's a piece of piss compared to the huge amount of documentation and paperwork required for the visa and LTR.

Anyway, never mind all that -- I've got a fab kitty shirt to tide me over in the meanwhile :3:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Boods posted:

Sadly, I have to get my naturalisation papers, first -- all told, from application to actually pledging my troth to the Queen (which irritates me -- it irritates my British colleagues!), it's anywhere from four weeks to six months (judging from about 10 minutes' desultory poke around Google on the subject), as they have to process the application, then send an official letter with a special code so that I can go to the PO to get my biometrics done (again!), then I send that in, then they faff about, then if/when I get approval, I have to wait for the 'invitation' to get citizenship (which itself can be a couple months' wait), and then have to set up the appointment to have that done (I'm not doing it in a group as you can book in times just to go and sort the paperwork). On the other hand, the whole thing could be done and dusted really quickly -- no way of knowing. I hired a lawyer to expedite the visa and LTR process, but the best you can do with applying for citizenship is go to an NCS.

THEN I get to go to the PO and get the passport application, which will probably be sometime after the first of the year.

All told, it's taken about four years so far, and in the ballpark of £20,000 (original two-year visa, then getting indefinate leave to remain). This doesn't include the cost to move over here.

My colleagues were astonished at the length of the application form, but it's a piece of piss compared to the huge amount of documentation and paperwork required for the visa and LTR.

Anyway, never mind all that -- I've got a fab kitty shirt to tide me over in the meanwhile :3:

I swear there's no-one in the world who can do bureaucracy like we can :britain:

Congrats at getting through the bullshit!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not as nice as other people's, but we like it... Except some of the paint. So also pretend I posted paint, primer, and supplies.

Can you walk me through the ground floor of the house?

Or do you have to crawl :rimshot:

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

You should just have British parents it is way easier

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Harley C posted:

I intend to write them a strongly worded letter of complaint.

Content: This came in today's post; I've been on a Western kick lately.

:dance:

Ms Boods has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Aug 22, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Gorilla Salad posted:

Can you walk me through the ground floor of the house?

Or do you have to crawl :rimshot:

Don't quit your day job.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Easily one of my favorites, and if you can get your hands on it, the original is also very good. The Criterion Collection has it if that series is available where you live.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Thirteen Orphans posted:

Easily one of my favorites, and if you can get your hands on it, the original is also very good. The Criterion Collection has it if that series is available where you live.

I just about remember seeing the original with my brother when I was little, probably on TV -- top tip about a good version to chase up, ta!

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Harley C posted:

Bonus points if one parent is British and one is from another country so you can claim two citizenship's on top of the country you're born in.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

A Kpro posted:

Bonus points if one parent is British and one is from another country so you can claim two citizenship's on top of the country you're born in.

Not every country offers citizenship if you are born there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's almost the entire Americas except for those jerks in Colombia though.

And some islands but they don't count, way over there in the water.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If you're born in American Samoa, you're not a citizen, you're a national!

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/american-samoans-dont-right-u-s-citizenship-court-rules/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

big mean giraffe posted:

Don't quit your day job.

My poor jokes aside, I do like the look of that house and want to know how it works. Is it on a steep incline? Why else are there tiny windows at ground level?

\/\/ We really don't do that sort of thing where I'm from, so it seems very strange to me. Having a split level on a hill isn't that rare, but that house looks like it's on a flat, so I was curious.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 16:54 on Aug 23, 2015

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

My poor jokes aside, I do like the look of that house and want to know how it works. Is it on a steep incline? Why else are there tiny windows at ground level?

It's a split level floor plan?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Gorilla Salad posted:

\/\/ We really don't do that sort of thing where I'm from, so it seems very strange to me. Having a split level on a hill isn't that rare, but that house looks like it's on a flat, so I was curious.

Yeah it's definitely a basic split level house, they're rather common in the midwest/most or all of Michigan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Raised ranch, actually. Similar to a split level.

You walk in the front door and its maybe 2/3 a flight of stairs up to the main level with living and bedrooms and kitchen, and a 1/3 flight of stairs down to the basement.

Basement is half finished (front half with the windows) and is like half underground, so no need to crawl.