Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Deathsnacks has trader info on it, if you ever wanna check when you can't log in.

edit: Haha, there's gonna be a grineer unit that can see through invisibility. Get dunked, Loki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

hooah posted:

Won't be buying Prisma Shade unless his drat cloaking is more reliable than regular Shade's.

It's 9000 mastery.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Black_Oni 165 posted:

Baro Noggle on PS4

Wait, that's where those come from?

There's something incredibly depressing about some guy standing on a box at a busy intersection, selling action figures of himself.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Nalesh posted:

It's 9000 mastery.

Not a slave to the mastery god. :slick:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Sandweed posted:

PSA: If you buy the prisma shade you get the gun too.

Thank you for this! I was hoping that would be the case. Heck yes gimme that mastery.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Orokin catalyst alert! PC The icon is me checking trough 3 pages full of emoticons wtf :glompoff:

Male Man posted:

Deathsnacks
edit: Haha, there's gonna be a grineer unit that can see through invisibility. Get dunked, Loki.

Only reason to play him nerfed for me.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 21, 2015

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

FunkyFlashman posted:

Orokin catalyst alert! PC The icon is me checking trough 3 pages full of emoticons wtf :glompoff:

:siren.: is the one you're looking for. I know that feeling though, our emotes are horribly disorganized.

FunkyFlashman posted:

Only reason to play him nerfed for me.

Hey, don't get too down before we know how it'll play out!

I mean, I agree on principle, when there's only two frames and a couple of halfassed companions that can produce invisibility it's not like it's a huge deal in the Warframe world. Do we really need something like this when direct damage nukes are already the king of everything in this game? Just why?

But we don't know how much of a bother it will actually be, yet.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Why do they always do these loving alerts during the work day?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
This is a gift of the lotus so, 24 hours. Or at least according to that tracker site posted.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
It's one of the 24-hour post-livestream ones. At first I was going to say as much, but I kinda figured everybody knows about Deathsnacks by now and can just look. I guess not though!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Oh, cool. I could use a potato for twin grakatas / a vaykor marelok.

Yeah, I just started up again, and never really got into tracking stuff before. Mostly because I used to be an hour away from my computer, so 1 hour alerts were a moot point.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Basically people like invisibility because actually stealthing through things is incredibly janky. Making it so even when doing that you can blunder around a corner and into the line-of-sight of captain buzzkill further exposes how inadequate the system is.

If they like, implemented a pan-Ubisoft-esque system of gradual discovery and state changes then it wouldn't suck so bad, because you could quietly bumrush the problem guy or actually be sneaky or something, but right now the only real way to interact with the stealth mechanics is to push the "effortlessly win forever" button.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 21, 2015

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

So what you're saying is that DE is fixing a symptom of the problem and not the cause?

You mean like how with GMag, Exalted Blade, et cetera et cetera?

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Male Man posted:

Basically people like invisibility because actually stealthing through things is incredibly janky. Making it so even when doing that you can blunder around a corner and into the line-of-sight of captain buzzkill further exposes how inadequate the system is.

If they like, implemented a pan-Ubisoft-esque system of gradual discovery and state changes then it wouldn't suck so bad, because you could \quietly bumrush the problem guy or actually be sneaky or something, but right now the only real way to interact with the stealth mechanics is to push the "effortlessly win forever" button.

Yeah, I can completely understand wanting to put limits on invisibility, but this is the kind of thing you'd do after a total stealth overhaul, not before.

And there's several ways to win even more effortlessly forever than Loki's invis, so it's not like it's a huge problem in the first place. It doesn't even give you much of an edge in Spy missions, since Corpus laser grids and Grineer sentry beams will catch you regardless; it's the precise teleportation that makes Loki good at those.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Finished the potato alert... and then the PSU in my gaming PC died. God. Damnit.

Going to put WF on my laptop so I can get the loving void trader mods and be pissed all weekend now :argh:

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Cathair posted:

Yeah, I can completely understand wanting to put limits on invisibility, but this is the kind of thing you'd do after a total stealth overhaul, not before.

And there's several ways to win even more effortlessly forever than Loki's invis, so it's not like it's a huge problem in the first place. It doesn't even give you much of an edge in Spy missions, since Corpus laser grids and Grineer sentry beams will catch you regardless; it's the precise teleportation that makes Loki good at those.

The cloak lets you ignore those grin mobile scanners, but I still bring a maxed Opticor anyway.I mainly use cloak to get synthesis rep and speed though the stuff between Spy rooms.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Shadowed Bacon posted:

The cloak lets you ignore those grin mobile scanners, but I still bring a maxed Opticor anyway.I mainly use cloak to get synthesis rep and speed though the stuff between Spy rooms.

Huh, I could've sworn I hosed up a room once way back when spy 2.0 was new because I thought that, as you say, invis should fool those drones only to be detected by one anyway.

Just tried it and it turns out invis does fool them now. I wonder if it got changed at some point?

Anyway, you'll still be caught by scanner doors and moving grids even in grineer tiles. I use Ash to Bladestorm all (or most) of the sentry drones at once; I hardly use invisibility at all in Grineer spy rooms.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

You probably bumped into the drone or something.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Cathair posted:

Anyway, you'll still be caught by scanner doors and moving grids even in grineer tiles.

No idea what a "moving grid" for grineer means (those moving lasers in the "raise the 2 platforms" spy room?), but the scanner doors that don't have a little light above them to shoot(which only exist in rooms that don't alert to noise) are trivial to bypass/teleport. They're more of a pain outside spy rooms because they're much more random, you''re less likely to be on guard for them, and being a no energy Loki is no fun.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
So the stream had some news. I'm on phone, can post art when I'm home.
- Rebecca was out sick, no cowboy hat guy, boycott until cowboy hat guy returns.
- Umbra Excal to come for US, to please all babies. Only difference will be that the China version will have Prime tacked onto the name. Sounded like we're getting an actual frame, not just a skin. They aren't sure yet if Umbra will be a recurring suffix for future stuff, but Steve likes the idea.
- Melee Multi-Maybe - they were asked if melee will ever get multistrike mods, and gave a low effort dodge. Not soon, if ever, and if it did come it would be part of a larger melee overhaul.
- the Catbrow has been officially named - Kavat. They can naturally cloak, and prey on Infested, and will be found on their maps and Earth. Tenno can 'activate' Kavat in hiding by scanning them, which aside from setting them loose on nearby infested will also give you a chunk of DNA you can stick into kubrow eggs to eventually breed your own. Grineer have already domesticated them as a way to fight Infested, and the handler unit for those is the unit they're planning to let see through inviz and enrage all Loki players.
- Larger ship - They're planning some kind of overhaul or expansion for the lower deck of the Liset. Unclear if it's just artistic or intended to accommodate new game stuff. At the tail end of the stream they previewed concept art for entire new player ships which can be acquired, and each will include some kind of call-in or airstrike function. Hopefully it's not tied to the cosmetic skin you choose...
- New Corpus model stuff coming, but not super soon. This includes female Corpus, Corpus with hover skates, variant models, etc. Supposedly amounts to a lot of new enemy types.
- Some loving amazing concept art for alternate frame skins was previewed - these were stuff from players in the community with history of good art, that DE contracted to create new skins. New skinsg meshes for Rhino, Saryn, and Trinity were shown. I'll post shots later if nobody else has, on phone now.
- Kela overhaul is coming after Golem raid, probably 18 or later.
- Mission type overhaul is coming with the map overhaul, both planned for 18. This means the return of mid-mission objective changes, plus some new functions, possible faction specific mission types, objectives, etc. Honestly I think the map overhaul as planned could be the biggest single factor in the future of the game and dealing with the grind problem.
- Next frame overhaul is planned for Valkyr, along with her pre-Corpus skin, which was previewed. She has a tail. The overhaul will not be as extensive as Excal, and the only thing they mentioned at the time was making Ripcord animate and travel faster. After that they're looking at Saryn, and possibly Volt.
- Next frame previewed, but only a concept art and idea. 'Brawler' is the theme - they realized Chroma and Equinox are both kind of involved (in theory) and wanted a brutal, straightforward frame. The art made him look like he's headless? They weren't ready to discuss powers. 4 new frames are in queue total, supposedly only one guy on it. Another mentioned was Typhus, some kind of fan idea themed around parasites they want to do.
- Clan tier downgrade option to hopefully come in 18.
- Syndicate primaries previewed - three, a New Loka Tigris, a Perrin Penta (mislabeled as a Quanta), and Veil Cernos. No stats, just models.
- New quest coming for end of year, "The Second Dream" - may take place on the Orokin Lunar tileset, which is still just concept art. Place looks great, but in ruins. This is supposedly going to be the 'first cinematic quest in Warframe' - hmm - and presumably may be the big reveal before end of year about wtf the Tenno are.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

I'm sorry, but you guys don't really make this poo poo all siren-y enough when you yell at people about what's up today:

:frogsiren::siren::frogsiren: Gift of Lotus Alert is Up for another 21.5 Hours! It's an Orokin Catalyst Blueprint! :frogsiren::siren::frogsiren:

:frogsiren::siren::frogsiren: Void Trader is in Town for 1 day, 19 Hours. He has Primed Point Blank (Get this), Prisma Shade (That Sentinel no one uses, except he's prisma-y. Probably should get it. Comes with Prisma Burst Laser), and Nexus Kubrow Skin :frogsiren::siren::frogsiren:

Alright, my sperg is sated :spergin:. Btw, isn't Burst Laser worthless?

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Nalesh posted:

You probably bumped into the drone or something.

If this was ever a thing it isn't now, in my brief test I was able to literally rub my face on it, stand in its way and stop it from moving, without triggering an alarm. Either my memory's off by a mile or something got changed. :shrug:

Shadowed Bacon posted:

No idea what a "moving grid" for grineer means (those moving lasers in the "raise the 2 platforms" spy room?), but the scanner doors that don't have a little light above them to shoot(which only exist in rooms that don't alert to noise) are trivial to bypass/teleport. They're more of a pain outside spy rooms because they're much more random, you''re less likely to be on guard for them, and being a no energy Loki is no fun.

Yeah, I was referring to those moving laser bar sets, similar to the Corpus ones except smaller and orange.

I don't understand the context of this post; you seem to be reacting as if I'm arguing with you about something but then go on to prove my point. I was saying that invisibility isn't really overpowered in this game because a) there are even more broken options available for just killing lots of dudes, and b) even within the objective-based 'stealth' mission type, the most important obstacles cannot be avoided using invisibility. You're pretty much reiterating what I said a few posts ago when you point out how said obstacles are overcome by shooting or teleportation, not invis.

It's not that invis isn't helpful (especially for taking out cameras with practically no risk in the Corpus spy rooms), but it's actually the teleport that makes Loki the best at Spy.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 21, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

BeAuMaN posted:

I'm sorry, but you guys don't really make this poo poo all siren-y enough when you yell at people about what's up today:

:frogsiren::siren::frogsiren: Gift of Lotus Alert is Up for another 21.5 Hours! It's an Orokin Catalyst Blueprint! :frogsiren::siren::frogsiren:

:frogsiren::siren::frogsiren: Void Trader is in Town for 1 day, 19 Hours. He has Primed Point Blank (Get this), Prisma Shade (That Sentinel no one uses, except he's prisma-y. Probably should get it. Comes with Prisma Burst Laser), and Nexus Kubrow Skin :frogsiren::siren::frogsiren:

Alright, my sperg is sated :spergin:. Btw, isn't Burst Laser worthless?

How many prime bits roughly would you need to melt to get point blank? I've never touched the void trader before so i have no idea what it'll take.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Coldbird posted:

- Mission type overhaul is coming with the map overhaul, both planned for 18. This means the return of mid-mission objective changes, plus some new functions, possible faction specific mission types, objectives, etc. Honestly I think the map overhaul as planned could be the biggest single factor in the future of the game and dealing with the grind problem.

How long does it usually take between updates again? I forget.

Coldbird posted:

presumably may be the big reveal before end of year about wtf the Tenno are.

This will please a lot of their official forum-goers but it's a huge loving mistake. Not everything they've been putting out lately has been terrible, but I don't think anything they come up with will be as cool as the image I've built through inference of what these things are supposed to be.

DE seriously needs to learn to leave a little more mystery in their lore. They can be pretty great at atmosphere but they're pretty bad at concrete story, and the overall flavor of the game has been becoming ever more cheesy and formulaic ever since they started really trying to flesh it out.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

RosaParksOfDip posted:

How many prime bits roughly would you need to melt to get point blank? I've never touched the void trader before so i have no idea what it'll take.

It's 300 ducats according to deathsnacks, so -at a maximum- it would be 30 parts. The lowest/most common prime parts are worth 10 ducats each, while the rarest or whatever are worth 40 50 ducats each. You can try fleecing pubbies by offering to buy 5 "junk" parts for 5 plat, though keep in mind the trade taxes on that, since you need 110k credits to buy Primed Blank, and 300k credits to buy Prisma Shade.

Additionally:

Holy poo poo what the gently caress is with this Nightmare Alert. It was a capture mission on the corpus ice tileset, for Accelerated Blast... we chased down the dude... who was frost eximus and also had a glaxion I think? Totally raped us. Anyhow, whatever. One of the pubbies in our group Rhino Stomped him, and we instantly failed the mission as he screamed in pain. Apparently Rhino Stomps instantly kill capture targets in Nightmare? :iiam:

And further, holy poo poo like a bajillion sappers spawned.

I have absolutely no idea what was going on in that mission.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 21, 2015

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

BeAuMaN posted:

Btw, isn't Burst Laser worthless?

I tried putting mods on Burst Laser and it didn't seem to register damage mods. The only things that showed as changing were fire rate and reload speed (which is already 0 seconds?) :v:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

BeAuMaN posted:

It's 300 ducats according to deathsnacks, so -at a maximum- it would be 30 parts. The lowest/most common prime parts are worth 10 ducats each, while the rarest or whatever are worth 40 ducats each. You can try fleecing pubbies by offering to buy 5 "junk" parts for 5 plat, though keep in mind the trade taxes on that, since you need 110k credits to buy Primed Blank, and 300k credits to buy Prisma Shade.

Oof. Gonna see if I have enough parts since I have a grand total of 1 plat. Don't care about the other stuff. Just want the primed point blank for stupid hek damage.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

How often does primed point blank come about? I'm pretty sure I don't even have 15 prime parts, including the ones for Dakra Prime and Mag Prime, which I'm obviously not melting.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

How often does primed point blank come about? I'm pretty sure I don't even have 15 prime parts, including the ones for Dakra Prime and Mag Prime, which I'm obviously not melting.

The last time it came around was in December. I'd recommend running the hell out of some void missions to grab one by Sunday.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Good thing there's goon groups running those every night.

Do you get a prime part every time you do a void run? I never really paid attention.

E: Is there a maximum to how much you can sell for ducats in a time?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Do you get a prime part every time you do a void run? I never really paid attention.

No. Sometimes you get a Forma Blueprint. :shrek:
(This happens a lot actually)

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Nooooooooooope. Farm until your eyes bleed. Then replace your eyes with cybernetic ones and farm some more.

I actually bought a bunch of junk prime parts weeks ago, so I've been ready to buy one good item from the void trader... just wasn't ready for Prisma Shade, which probably won't be that great... but Pokemon...

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 21, 2015

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Just farm T1/2 capture missions. You can blitz through them in less than 2 minutes.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Good thing there's goon groups running those every night.

I think it probably flattens out to about one a run. You'll have runs where you'll get two parts and runs where you get none.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I think it probably flattens out to about one a run. You'll have runs where you'll get two parts and runs where you get none.

Sabotage and Interception have pretty good parts-to-time ratios.

Also, what if the new punchbot frame isn't actually headless?

What if it has a giant holographic combo counter where its head should be?

Get on it, DE.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

In order to get the Primed Point Blank, I need to be MR 8, apparently, because they put him on bumfuck Pluto and the relay is MR-gated for some dumb rear end reason?

I'm MR 6, with 16,905 points left until I reach 7. How long would it take me to grind out to 8? :smithicide: Any optimal places to grind MR?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Caffeine IV posted:

Also, what if the new punchbot frame isn't actually headless?
Might I suggest that Wrasslorframe's head is concealed because it is secretly a surprise tribute to Randy "Literally Santa" Savage.

Ult: Turn - Wrasslorframe may target allies with powers for effects but no damage, enemies do not target Wrasslorframe for duration. Duration is extended by hits on allies.
Bonus Effect: When Turn is dispelled by a Nullifier bubble, neary enemies target the Nullifier for being that one rear end in a top hat who won't stop going "come on guys it's obviously fake".

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors

phourniner posted:

In order to get the Primed Point Blank, I need to be MR 8, apparently, because they put him on bumfuck Pluto and the relay is MR-gated for some dumb rear end reason?

I'm MR 6, with 16,905 points left until I reach 7. How long would it take me to grind out to 8? :smithicide: Any optimal places to grind MR?

Ask for Draco (Intercept) runs in clan chat, and sucker ask nicely for a Mesa to run it with you. 3-4 rounds is usually enough to get something from unranked to rank 20-25, so two draco runs will get pretty much anything from unranked to rank 30.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Welcome to why New Loka is best Loka.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Nalesh posted:

Welcome to why New Loka is best Loka.

They announced this the day my right side reps went negative so I could get the left side syandanas :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm kinda annoyed with cat handlers being able to see invisible, but at the same time, I guess I can just shank them first and solve that problem.