Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008
Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da BATBIKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Diggie posted:

Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da BATBIKE

RIP Batgirl.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

open24hours posted:

RIP Batgirl.

More practical and better looking than that Honda.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

open24hours posted:

RIP Batgirl.

If Elton John were a bike.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Marxalot posted:

I want to know how many times he had to slam the front down at mach3 while doing bad wheelies to make that happen.

Or what kind of nasty crash damage it had that he was ignoring.

I think the conventional wisdom was that it was some sort of stunt riding training thing, so it was certainly abused and neglected to the max.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
http://www.vice.com/read/caramel-curves-001?utm_source=vicefbus :nyd:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I love the long sad music part where a woman describes the horrific damage she took from a fairly mundane down. It's like a game of bingo to find all the bits of gear she clearly wasn't wearing. Including gloves. They are pretty proud of being a squid group like every other squid group.

Edit: I'm not gonna lie, I'd probably rock that painted up canam, which I cannot find a picture of for the life of me.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 21, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
If I was going to get a trike I'd want something that actually leans instead of merely slouching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUT3imO17qE

I really want to play around on one to see how it handles at the edge. Under normal riding conditions it should behave identically to a bike due to the way the front wheels are linked to the frame, but I want to feel what happens when you hit the hard 45 degree bank limit mid-turn.

Presumably you'd feel your inside wheel lifting up, but due to the stability of three contact points you'd be free to hang much further off the bike without worrying about overdoing it and lowsiding. Kinda like a one-man sidecar racer.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
If I was going to get a trike I'd kill myself

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

If I was going to get a trike I'd want something that actually leans instead of merely slouching:

That leaning mechanism is bottoming out at and messing with his turning ability. Looks pretty dangerous.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
A bagger would also be dangerous if you blithely attempted to throw it into a +50 degree lean in defiance of reality.

I'm sure you could fit some dampers/cushions so it wouldn't jump when hitting the end stops. Either way it looks more fun than a spyder.

Razzled posted:

It's true that having the wheels sticking so far out to the sides would make it much easier to hit mailboxes.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 21, 2015

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Minneapolis has a really cool show every year called Bearded Lady, I showed up pretty late but heres some shots from it.

Yes he had a burn mark on his inner thigh from riding this with shorts or....not shorts.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

titanium posted:

Yes he had a burn mark on his inner thigh from riding this with shorts or....not shorts.
Need more pictures of that motorized big wheels

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

ought ten posted:

I can dig around and try to find another photo of it, sadly its just a running engine without any drivetrain. More of a cool looking toy than psychotic bigwheel.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lovin that Home Depot plumbing aisle bar setup he has going on

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Razzled posted:

What about a cool quad?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

ought ten posted:

Yeah, is that a go-kart trike with an inline 4?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

VERTiG0 posted:

cool quad

Oxymoron. Quads are exclusively for dumb cunts who like to loop and crush themselves, and farmers (who also often loop and crush themselves).

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Slavvy posted:

Oxymoron. Quads are exclusively for dumb cunts who like to loop and crush themselves, and farmers (who also often loop and crush themselves).

That Tesseract looks cool. :colbert:

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

titanium posted:

I can dig around and try to find another photo of it, sadly its just a running engine without any drivetrain. More of a cool looking toy than psychotic bigwheel.

That's almost better. Who needs functionality when you can have realistic sound effects?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Got the last parking spot at work this morning.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Ontario plate?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Stolen from Facebook

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

http://explosm.net/show/episode/162/lookin-good

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Is that the same comic that "Noice. NOICE. NOIIIICCE! NOICE." comes from?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Is that the same comic that "Noice. NOICE. NOIIIICCE! NOICE." comes from?

No, they're two different ones.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

VERTiG0 posted:

What about a cool quad?

The Tesseract owns and it's a crying shame they never made it, realities of market & sales be damned.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Boat posted:

The Tesseract owns and it's a crying shame they never made it, realities of market & sales be damned.

Yeah I'd ride the poo poo out of that thing it looks awesome.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 23, 2015

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Carry him in a pink basket mounted to the front of the handlebars. Obviously.

Chris Knight posted:

Got the last parking spot at work this morning.

Suzuki...veee.. strom? Am I right?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Doesn't look like it. With that exhaust placement it'd have to be a beaky 1000 from last year or newer, inexplicably running an aftermarket can that looks suspiciously identical to the giant hideous chrome cylinders suzuki used to jam on all their sport bikes.

Also I don't think any of the vstroms have painted bodywork that far back on the tail, they all seem to come with a rack as stock that occupies that space and only black plastic beneath if you moved it. (watch me be wrong now)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Isn't it a GSX650F or something of that nature?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

ought ten posted:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

He's pretty comfortable around the bike. Runs in front or behind If I ride it around. Just getting him up there with me with treats. I haven't decided if I'm going to get him comfortable in my lap, get a baby carrier, or figure out a way to mount a box on the rear like I've seen some people do

The answer is always a sidecar and a pair of doggie-goggles!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

He's pretty comfortable around the bike. Runs in front or behind If I ride it around. Just getting him up there with me with treats. I haven't decided if I'm going to get him comfortable in my lap, get a baby carrier, or figure out a way to mount a box on the rear like I've seen some people do
Good doge.

What's the turtle on your handlebars?

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Jesus Christ it's like something out of Mario Kart.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
No pic, but I saw a Desmosedici RR today in the parking lot of a Ducati dealer. Speaking of which, the Hypermotard looks attractive as a next bike.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Yay! It works! Now to go play around with Hyperlapse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a3Nd-waQck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can anyone read (what I'm assuming is) Chinese well enough to tell me what sort of cdi box I found at goodwill of all places for $1? I'm guessing the specific model is in the green sticker?