Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Para Sys was a competent pilot. Also Roux and Elle from ZZ but you should give top tier marks to Elle because Ms. Perfect Roux piloted the zeta and Elle made it all the way to the end boss in that piece of flimsy crap Mk. II which is outstanding for a hood rat.

Elle also instantly adapted to the Zeta, which is more than Judau can say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Elle and Roux also have the best fashion.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

The Missing Link posted:

Elle and Roux also have the best fashion.

Elle is better because looks like she escaped from a cartoon for girls made in the 80s.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Mad respect to anyone, real or fictional, who can rock a side ponytail.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 19, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I also remember a scene, near the end of ZZ' where Judeau goes to do plot stuff and leaves Elle to hold back the entire Neo-Zeon army alone. And she does! Offscreen.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Basically, if Elle Vianno ever got her hands on a good suit, the Neo Zeon War would have been over in hours.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Basically, if Elle Vianno ever got her hands on a good suit, the Neo Zeon War would have been over in hours.

Give her the Nu Gundam and she'd push back Axis solo.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlitzBlast posted:

I still love how Aila's superhuman feats of parkour are just never explained. I like to think that in the BF universe, that's just normal.

I figured it's just an extension of her being an orphan. Without any parents to provide for her, it's fair to assume she probably had to steal a few meals here and there to survive before she was discovered by Team Nemesis, and developed her parkour skills as a consequence of having to run away from angry shop owners and such. :v:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Darth Walrus posted:

I wish there was an option to give her the Turn-A and instant gg everything in SRW.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ka0 posted:

I wish there was an option to give her the Turn-A and instant gg everything in SRW.

I was going to say "wait, isn't she in Alpha Gaiden" but nope, only Judau, Roux and the Purus.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

TARDISman posted:

Give her the Nu Gundam and she'd push back Axis solo.

She does in the Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 for me.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

ImpAtom posted:

I was going to say "wait, isn't she in Alpha Gaiden" but nope, only Judau, Roux and the Purus.

Hope Unicorn and ZZ get in a game together so we can get a Puru Combination Attack of them dying for stupid and pointless reasons.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
If you want to instantly win a map with Elle in the Turn A you should probably just play one of the G Gens that lets you use the full power Turn A.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

The GIG posted:

Hope Unicorn and ZZ get in a game together so we can get a Puru Combination Attack of them dying for stupid and pointless reasons.

They're in Cross Omega.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God drat Gundam the Origin is a fun read. I've really enjoyed it despite my hesitation in revisiting the original story. All the little extra tidbits and changes make it well worth it. Artwork is niiiiiiiiice.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what's the consensus on the gundam the origin movie? would it be worth watching with some people who haven't seen the original gundam (but laughed all the way through gundam wing)?

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

ninjewtsu posted:

what's the consensus on the gundam the origin movie? would it be worth watching with some people who haven't seen the original gundam (but laughed all the way through gundam wing)?

The one episode of the Origin that's out is back story for Char as a child. And so will the next one. I think if they haven't seen MSG and don't know who Char is I'd hold off.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Kanos posted:

A Virgo II should have been able to singlehandedly kill pretty much an arbitrary number of Leos.

From pretty much every other scene involving mobile dolls and manned grunts the only way they had success was by suicide bombing the Virgos.

Though there was the scene involving the Barge where the Tauruses got some kind of beam rifle that went through the shields of the Virgos. Maybe Treize's army had those. Of course Wufei's actions later make no sense if you take him at his own word since his motivation involves Treize's last stand being hopeless for him and his men.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

The Missing Link posted:

The one episode of the Origin that's out is back story for Char as a child. And so will the next one. I think if they haven't seen MSG and don't know who Char is I'd hold off.

This is correct. The Origin movies are good backstory filler for MSG, but if you haven't seen MSG they won't have quite as much value. I'd watch the MSG movies first, then consider the Origin movie(or movies, depending on when you get around to it).

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kanos posted:

This is correct. The Origin movies are good backstory filler for MSG, but if you haven't seen MSG they won't have quite as much value. I'd watch the MSG movies first, then consider the Origin movie(or movies, depending on when you get around to it).

I dunno. I was thinking about that while I was watching Origin, and I think it works as it's own thing. It's a solid story with good characters and political intrigue and action.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

IBO PV2.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BISCUIT GRIFFON.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
No char yet hmm.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I got 50/50 odds on that Atra Mixta dying horribly.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
orga is going to be a villain/ the char

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'd put money down on a timeskip at the end for a second season, or at least the halfway point. That's how we got the last Char knockoff :v:.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lame character designs!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cool cockpit designs!!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Lame character designs!!

I have to agree with this. None of the designs particularly stand out.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I have to agree with this. None of the designs particularly stand out.

The Princess is pretty lame especially, for a franchise with a lot of ojou/princess designs in it.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I'm so glad that Build Fighters has given the music coordinators for Gundam a taste for flamenco guitar.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

BISCUIT GRIFFON.

I'm glad this is continuing the proud tradition of great/bullshit character names in a Gundam series

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Lame character designs!!

I like how the Earth government people have a lot of primary colors and perfect skin, while the people living on mars has earthy, muddy colors and small skin imperfections.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Neddy Seagoon posted:

BISCUIT GRIFFON.

It's as if old man Tomino himself was in charge of the naming schema. With tons of Germanic and Norse stuff to boot! Wheeeeee!

Hmmm, everyone pilots MS shirtless. I'm guessing those three techno doodads embedded in the spine help to control the suit in some way. So all the rag tags will be shirtless and the A-La...I mean Gjallarhorn will have form fitting tight pilot suits.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

3 posted:

I'm so glad that Build Fighters has given the music coordinators for Gundam a taste for flamenco guitar.

Well it did have three times the passion of the rest of the soundtrack.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The plot really is them trying to just find a drat shirt.

Seriously though, I'll check it out.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I just liked how whoever wrote this was desperately grasping at straws to describe most these characters without giving away the plot.

CARES FOR HIS FAMILY

LIKES THE MC

HAS A COOL MECH

ALSO HAS A COOL MECH

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the villains look incredibly boring

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Here's the plot: war will happen, people will die, boys will scream and toys will sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ka0 posted:

Here's the plot: war will happen, people will die, boys will scream and toys will sell.

Also the main character's best friend/older brother figure is totally gonna get brutally slaughtered in the first few episodes.

• Locked thread