Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Thumbtacks posted:

did they make any changes to DRKs / has public opinion changed or are they still kind of just...weird? i know for a while people were like THESE ARE GOOD and then quickly changed to "eh we will just do war/pal as usual"

DRKs are the best MTs because they can push enough DPS to clear content but now that PLDs have the Eso weapon it's not as important. Well, we don't know until A4S is beaten but A3S was done by a DRK for the first 3 clears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Thumbtacks posted:

neato. how many of them can i get?
Battered fish are trivial to make (the only limiting factor is how fast I retainer will bring me popotos), so get however many swimsuits you think you need.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

The 14 hour livestream just started, it's on the Final Fantasy XIV twitch channel. No official translation however, haven't found a fan one yet.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Mexicat posted:

anyone have those great pics of the balmung PF with like 'dom miq'ote looking for sissy femboy to be lowered into box of spiders' and other similar posts about spiders
well i haven't seen anything about spiders, but

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
my group is looking for a dps sub this weekend for A1S. caster preferred but we can probably make anything work. running saturday and sunday at 8:30pst to 10:30 pst. pretty low pressure stuff as long as you can pull your weight, be super chill and not be a goony goon sperg (i know that's asking a lot but please, just this once, keep that poo poo in check). if you're interested, make some noise in our thread http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27369 or bug me in game and send a tell to Holli Would

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
http://www.twitch.tv/reinheartv will have translations for the Live letter portion of the broadcast per the SE staff in twitch chat

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Our PLD went DRK to see how it goes and the amount of general damage taken over PLD seems notcieable outside of the tankbusters where they seem to shine. The extra dps is nice though, and it's too probably too early to tell if the extra damage is from the block loss or them not using miscellaneous cooldowns well yet.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

nuru posted:

Our PLD went DRK to see how it goes and the amount of general damage taken over PLD seems notcieable outside of the tankbusters where they seem to shine. The extra dps is nice though, and it's too probably too early to tell if the extra damage is from the block loss or them not using miscellaneous cooldowns well yet.

Not having block is going to cause a fair amount of extra damage compared to PLD. It's probably not CD usage, since DRK has "Dark Rampart" (identical) and "Dark Sentinel" (same CD but shittier) and Foresight just like PLD, and their extras are Dark Mind (really good but magic only) and Dark Dance (in the running for worst defensive cooldown)

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Someone in my FC just said that they're dropping PS3 support

e: I did not know that at all

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 22, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Ignimbrite posted:

Someone in my FC just said that they're dropping PS3 support

they are and we've known this for months. this is the last expansion supported by ps3

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

kharaa posted:

they are and we've known this for months. this is the last expansion supported by ps3

I think they said that 3.0 was the only one they'd guarantee support for but nothing concrete. Wouldn't be surprised though.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Wait, which one of you runs banallanime.net because lol I'm on it and I feel kinda famous now.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Verranicus posted:

Wait, which one of you runs banallanime.net because lol I'm on it and I feel kinda famous now.

:allears:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Naw, they just screenshotted my post in this thread, nothing juicy. Maybe someday. I do play on Balmung after all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

TP Bars

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Europe Data Center starts operation in mid-october

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
brb renaming myself to Somethingawful Dpsone

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
They're planning an abridged mode for 2.x story for those who come in starting with 4.0

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Pharos Sirius(Hard)
SEND HELP

And only 2 dungeons? gently caress. I'm really hoping they just didn't have the third ready to show...

vvvvv ugh that sucks, but i guess they had to run out of steam somewhere eventually.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 22, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Axle_Stukov posted:

Pharos Sirius(Hard)
SEND HELP

And only 2 dungeons? gently caress. I'm really hoping they just didn't have the third ready to show...

I think they stated they want to divert more resources to other things, and Expert is only going to be 2 dungeons from now on.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Volt Catfish posted:

I think they stated they want to divert more resources to other things, and Expert is only going to be 2 dungeons from now on.

I'm hoping they keep the previous 2 in the roulette then.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
New primal name will apparently be revealed during The Rising? Hmmmmmm.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHA gently caress THEY'RE INTEGRATING LORD OF VERMILLION INTO XIV

that one's coming down from corporate, you can be sure of that

edit edit: wait it uses minions

oh my god

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 22, 2015

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

SpaceDrake posted:

New primal name will apparently be revealed during The Rising? Hmmmmmm.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHA gently caress THEY'RE INTEGRATING LORD OF VERMILLION INTO XIV

that one's coming down from corporate, you can be sure of that

NOPE

ITS MINION BATTLES

Lords of Verminion

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ah excellent, minion prices will skyrocket again!

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I've sorta heard about lord of vermillion but I have no idea what it's like

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Ohtsam posted:

NOPE

ITS MINION BATTLES

Lords of Verminion

Wait, they were being serious with the 2015 April Fools?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I think it's really cool and good and a unique aspect of this game that tanks and healers are actually hybrid DPS classes.

Maybe they could go in the other direction and give some DPS classes the ability to heal or tank moderately well.

Pages behind but I wish this game would throw it in the face of pubbies more that being a hybrid dps along with tanking and healing is expected. The reason you see 90% of tanks wearing all vit and healers not dpsing is because every other trinity mmo and the main one a lot of people come from do not do it this way.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Fat cat vs heavy hatchling sumo fights are going to be a thing.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Multi-try on, praise yoship

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

"Multiple pieces of gear can be equipped with the Try On option": About drat time.

Will miracles never end: Multi-slot items can be glamoured. I expect a 5000% increase in the number of Odin glamours.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

So Void Ark. Looks kinda like an evil Lunar Whale.

That will totally take us to the moon to fight the Warrior of Darkness.

Edit: Calling Tataru as overpowered in minion battle, pay to win confirmed

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 22, 2015

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Omnicrom posted:

"Multiple pieces of gear can be equipped with the Try On option": About drat time.

Will miracles never end: Multi-slot items can be glamoured. I expect a 5000% increase in the number of Odin glamours.

Bah who cares about the Odin set, TIN CAN TANKS RETURN!

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Ghost costume or bust.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

quote:

Main Scenario Progression to Access 4.0 Content

Though it’s still a bit early to talk about this, you’ll be able to access and accept quests for Patch 4.0 even if you have not completed the main scenario for the Patch 3.x series. Similarly, you’ll be able to unlock new jobs regardless of your scenario progression. Due to this, we feel the need to create a system that will allow you to watch a digest of what happened. However, for the 3.0 story, since everyone has seen everything up until now I think it was enjoyable, and while there were some pros and cons for this, I think having the system we did for the 3.x series was a good thing.

Ha, knew they were going to do something like this

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
EDIT: Found it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
TP bars are nice but when the gently caress are they gonna separate chocobos and the party system?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Whizbang posted:

TP bars are nice but when the gently caress are they gonna separate chocobos and the party system?

Probably never unless they rewrite the party system some day because IIRC it's a giant loving mess and would take a ton of manpower to make what is essentially a QoL change. If you're YoshiP do you have a team work on maybe unfucking the party code so people can queue with birds out or do you have them work on entirely new gameplay that can actually be used to expand the game and draw in more players?

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
The assistant director of the game pulling with Provoke in Aurum Vale :catstare:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Shaezerus posted:

The assistant director of the game pulling with Provoke in Aurum Vale :catstare:

It's not totally without merit, Provoke has longer ranger than Tomahawk/Shield Lob/Unmake so you can engage from further away. You naturally have to use a different threat move after that, but if you don't need provoke in the next 40 seconds there's nothing wrong with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I usually use Provoke as a second unmake because i'm lazy, people seem to get angry at that sometimes which is funny

• Locked thread