Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Scyantific posted:

First mistake here, no one plays DC anymore.

For the record, you were instrumental in giving all the vr14 DC goons on tonight a free engine guardian helm.

Rough Lobster posted:

But you if do decide to roll DC we'll still set you up with wicked awesome gear or w/e.

I can vouch for this.

e: Also, why is it impossible to color match engine guardian pieces with crafted gear?

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

tgidieday posted:

For the record, you were instrumental in giving all the vr14 DC goons on tonight a free engine guardian helm.

I can vouch for this.

e: Also, why is it impossible to color match engine guardian pieces with crafted gear?

Even dwemer gear?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Many of the dyes show up differently on different gear, for me at least. Honestly I wish that they had a crown item that would go with the explorer back that had a limited mechanic for switching factions. I would switch my DC Templar to EP in a moment. Just didn't know when I started. Don't love any of my EP characters yet, though I have started a Lizard Templar and may just replicate my other build.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Rough Lobster posted:

There is actually a growing number of DC goons in the EP guild (which is pretty much the only goon guild). Still, if you're deadset of playing a Redguard or Alter or whatever I really gotta recommend the Explorer's Pack so you can play your race of choice and still get to chill on the best alliance with the majority of PC goons. Just my opinion, and I'm usually loathe to spend money on MMO poo poo.

But you if do decide to roll DC we'll still set you up with wicked awesome gear or w/e.

If you're playing, then they already have your money. Might as well buy it, they've already won.

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

Aren't they adding cross faction pve grouping or something soon?

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
Played at launch, returning to the game. Would like an invite to the PC guild on @Markkei. Thanks!

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Even dwemer gear?

I think they forgot to apply the shininess shader to the engine guardian pieces, so they're always just enough different to be irritating. This might be my problem and not the game's.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

tgidieday posted:

I think they forgot to apply the shininess shader to the engine guardian pieces, so they're always just enough different to be irritating. This might be my problem and not the game's.

The game's handling of dyes is really awkward. Instead of completely dyeing something one color, it keeps some shade of its original color underneath in many cases. Barbaric cloth in blue or purple looks like someone threw up grape juice on it, just an ugly blue splatter on a brown backdrop. Yet if I tint the drat thing bright yellow or green I don't see the brown at all :shrug:

This is made worse with the non-rare dyes, which have a generally more subtle/washed out palette.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Is it worth keeping set items picked up at a low level? For example keeping a level 20 warlock piece, will spending upgrade materials on it make the equipment still valuable come level 30 and beyond?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

cougar cub posted:

Is it worth keeping set items picked up at a low level? For example keeping a level 20 warlock piece, will spending upgrade materials on it make the equipment still valuable come level 30 and beyond?
Short answer, no.
Longer answer, keeping items of a set can be useful if you want to make an alt so that he can use those items later on, but don't bother upgrading them even if you do: keep your upgrade materials for later.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Scyantific posted:

First mistake here, no one plays DC anymore.

It looked like there were a few active DC goons, and I would like to play with my friend -- who is on DC now, and goons - rather than getting stuck with some random guild or trying to go it alone. Unfortunately, my friend is in an "elite guild for beta players only" or something stupid. I have the Imperial Edition that I bought when he was hyping the game in beta. Then THINGS HAPPENED, he quit and we never played.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Bonapartisan posted:

It looked like there were a few active DC goons, and I would like to play with my friend -- who is on DC now, and goons - rather than getting stuck with some random guild or trying to go it alone. Unfortunately, my friend is in an "elite guild for beta players only" or something stupid. I have the Imperial Edition that I bought when he was hyping the game in beta. Then THINGS HAPPENED, he quit and we never played.

What's the odds that he'll soon quit again?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

thousandcranes posted:

Aren't they adding cross faction pve grouping or something soon?

Not this patch but iirc likely the next they've said.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

who can invite to the pact guild? wanna add them so i can hit them up for an invite when they're online.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

radintorov posted:

Short answer, no.
Longer answer, keeping items of a set can be useful if you want to make an alt so that he can use those items later on, but don't bother upgrading them even if you do: keep your upgrade materials for later.

Great, Thanks!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

cmhn74 posted:

who can invite to the pact guild? wanna add them so i can hit them up for an invite when they're online.

OP for PC, don't know who for XBone, and it looks like I've taken over invites for the PS4 guilds. Which platform are you on?

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Mizuti posted:

What's the odds that he'll soon quit again?

Not as likely I guess? He's been playing for a while now. I guess he didn't like a lot of things that happened during the beta/release time but likes it a lot more now and has been playing for a few months. I don't know that I've ever had to justify my request to join a goon guild this much before... :confuoot:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Game was veeeery rough at launch, and has gotten a lot better. That much is true.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Jack, I'm dropping apples into the DC guild bank. Was wondering if someone could make me a chorrol corn on the cob.

Ed: never understand about the corn. Found some on a guild vendor for cheap.

Glockenapfel fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 20, 2015

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

JackBadass posted:

OP for PC, don't know who for XBone, and it looks like I've taken over invites for the PS4 guilds. Which platform are you on?

I'm on PC, I'll holler at him.

edit: what is the op's name in game because i'm having trouble finding @scyantific

Namaer fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 20, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

cmhn74 posted:

I'm on PC, I'll holler at him.

edit: what is the op's name in game because i'm having trouble finding @scyantific

That would be because I'm not online atm :v:

Post your @name here and you'll get an invite.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Glockenapfel posted:

Jack, I'm dropping apples into the DC guild bank. Was wondering if someone could make me a chorrol corn on the cob.

Ed: never understand about the corn. Found some on a guild vendor for cheap.

Thanks a hundred, cap'm.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
is there a hope in hell of this game ever getting a name change feature? i'm not familiar with how stuff usually goes with megaservers, or mmo's in general, but i can imagine some kind of infrastructure thing where stuff like the character name is assumed invariant and it all has to be re-propagated out to mirrors and stuff in a costly way if changed, or something. does anyone know anything about this poo poo?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

vug posted:

is there a hope in hell of this game ever getting a name change feature? i'm not familiar with how stuff usually goes with megaservers, or mmo's in general, but i can imagine some kind of infrastructure thing where stuff like the character name is assumed invariant and it all has to be re-propagated out to mirrors and stuff in a costly way if changed, or something. does anyone know anything about this poo poo?

To my knowledge, ESO doesn't have a name change feature, but I don't see why they couldn't do it. Other MMOs do.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
Looking for an invite to the PC EP guild on @Markkei, thanks.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ok, I'm an idiot. Is my '@whoever' tag my login ID, the name of my character, or something else?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Login ID

i do NOT like BBQ
Jun 2, 2008
I bought this game on a lark, and am utterly shocked at how much fun it is. Since I'm going to be playing this for a while, I want some goon love. I'm on the PS4, psn is SquidsAhoy.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Squidicus posted:

I bought this game on a lark, and am utterly shocked at how much fun it is. Since I'm going to be playing this for a while, I want some goon love. I'm on the PS4, psn is SquidsAhoy.

Sent invites to all three guilds.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Last night, Ennu and I beat the gold dungeon with him playing on a track pad laptop and using his phone's hotspot internet.

Tenouttaten.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Is there an EU goon presence up in here?

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Yoshimo posted:

Is there an EU goon presence up in here?
Yes. Marginal but yes.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!

Atrayonis posted:

Yes. Marginal but yes.

Cool, whoever can invite, my username is @Murdochi

Cheers!

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Yoshimo posted:

Cool, whoever can invite, my username is @Murdochi

Cheers!

Done.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Invite to all US PC guilds please
@lolbuttes

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I'd like an invite to the PC guilds please, handle is @PiratePenguin

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

bradybunch posted:

Invite to all US PC guilds please
@lolbuttes

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I'd like an invite to the PC guilds please, handle is @PiratePenguin
Invites rolled out.

gently caress pubs. I roll up as a v10 tank who's 3-manned DSA and other high level PvE content with Ennu and Pluto and I get ignored by all the assholes looking for a tank because HURR NEED V12+ TANK PLZ. Swap over to my sorcerer and say V14 Tank LFG gold key and suddenly I'm the hottest poo poo in town with invites coming from every direction.

It's almost as if people are scared of taking a chance on a V10 tank because they won't be able to keep up.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Have they said anything about when they're going to actually remove veteran ranks, rather than add more of them? I just can not bring myself to a)abandon my DC Templar and b)do the AD zones in VR.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Scyantific posted:

Invites rolled out

So, about the invites I requested? May I get them for the PC guilds? @plasticbee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

gently caress pubs.

tgidieday posted:

If anybody says they won't group with you on a gold key because you're a particular race/class/level combination, it's because they are terrible.

And this was vet Fungal Grotto. Just having someone in heavy armor makes Gamyne's beam easier, and tanking Spawn of Mephala is a roll-dodge check instead of an equipment check. The bar for a tank should have been extremely low.

• Locked thread