Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

You'd think a laser pointer would have worked better than a hedge trimmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

a life less posted:

Cat is doing it betterer.

agreed

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MageMage posted:

Careful, that's how you get a yeast infection.

Liar, that's how you make dinner rolls

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

HBomb posted:

sugar cube

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Beetphyxious posted:

If ever in doubt just link it.

I doubt you, how do I link you.

edit: wrong thread.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Birb Katter posted:

I doubt you, how do I link you.

edit: wrong thread.

I wish I knew how to link you.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

You'd think a laser pointer would have worked better than a hedge trimmer.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tigers being giant kitties will never get old.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

:argh: Joffrey!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Why is Hercules breastfeeding his kid? These "parental equality" types are taking things a bit too far.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kinmik posted:

Why is Hercules breastfeeding his kid? These "parental equality" types are taking things a bit too far.

It's also missing the part where Hercules murders his wife and kids in a fit of rage.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Never mind that Hera was not exactly a benign loving mother

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kinmik posted:

All sort of weird stuff happens in these old myths.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Lyndon Johnson.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

-Zydeco- posted:

I wish I knew how to link you.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ryonguy posted:

Reading the Wikipedia "...in Anime" debacle here is what put the nail in the coffin for me wrt to Wikipedia.

Post the link ?I need to know.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

RyokoTK posted:

Lyndon Johnson.

They called that "The Johnson Treatment", and he would do it all the time. Legend has it that he respected JFK because he mistook the man being unable to bend backwards due to a secret backbrace to mean he wouldn't be intimidated by the man.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Legend has it that he respected JFK because he mistook the man being unable to bend backwards due to a secret backbrace to mean he wouldn't be intimidated by the man.

Ohhhhh that was a tough sentence to get through.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

RyokoTK posted:

Lyndon Johnson.

Why not a photo 5 seconds later when they kissed? :(

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

RyokoTK posted:

Lyndon Johnson.

Looks like he is in the process of copping a feel.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Chrpno posted:

Ohhhhh that was a tough sentence to get through.

:eng99: sorry, and I consider myself a writing teacher sometimes.

Johnson would lean over people while talking like that to intimidate them and be the power person in the conversation. Legend has it, JFK wore a backbrace but kept it secret. Consequentially, he couldn't bend over backwards. LBJ mistook this disability as JFK refusing to back down to him, and had a lot of respect for JFK for it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Looks like he is in the process of copping a feel.

Johnson was incredibly proud of himself sexually, this is well-documented.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Leaning into someone like that is just loving weird and creepy. Sure it makes them feel uncomfortable and probably throws them off, but only because it demonstrates no understanding of basic norms of interaction. You could do the same thing by laughing constantly or not letting go of someone's hand after shaking it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If it's weird and creepy but it works, it can't have been that weird and creepy. It helps that he was a giant of a man leveraging the fact that our dumb animal brains read a much bigger animal looming over us as instantly physically threatening and the dissonance of knowing that he isn't actually threatening the person ties up a lot of their brain's spare processing power, thus making him much more capable of bullying someone around to doing what he wants.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 16:43 on Aug 22, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A taco disappeared. Police have no leads.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RyokoTK posted:

Lyndon Johnson.

Central to Johnson's control was "The Treatment",[35] described by two journalists:
The Treatment could last ten minutes or four hours. It came, enveloping its target, at the Johnson Ranch swimming pool, in one of Johnson's offices, in the Senate cloakroom, on the floor of the Senate itself — wherever Johnson might find a fellow Senator within his reach.
Its tone could be supplication, accusation, cajolery, exuberance, scorn, tears, complaint, and the hint of threat. It was all of these together. It ran the gamut of human emotions. Its velocity was breathtaking, and it was all in one direction. Interjections from the target were rare. Johnson anticipated them before they could be spoken. He moved in close, his face a scant millimeter from his target, his eyes widening and narrowing, his eyebrows rising and falling. From his pockets poured clippings, memos, statistics. Mimicry, humor, and the genius of analogy made The Treatment an almost hypnotic experience and rendered the target stunned and helpless.[36]

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Then the Johnson would drag the frozen body to its lair, where it fed it to its young.[37]

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Sounds like a weirdo

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

He would whip out his enormous dick and show it to people that's just the most basic type of power move but he brought some interesting variants to the mix

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Kinda annoying what with the kinetic typography, but yeah..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTpHPxFnrNE

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I want to know if he saw the sticker and took the doors off or if the doors came off for an entirely different reason and the sticker came afterward.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Krinkle posted:

He would whip out his enormous dick and show it to people that's just the most basic type of power move but he brought some interesting variants to the mix

He had a tendency to publicly challenge people to literal dick-measuring contests.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lyndon's Big Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I think this is more of a 'trend,' rather than a 'meme,' so I"m posting it here.

more here http://imgur.com/gallery/69p2v

• Locked thread