Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
ez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hahah riot back-pedalled in exactly the same way i said >:)

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I bought ZZtop portal and it was super useful to me. Does anyone else buy this?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

flyingkiwi posted:

It rules, was already really efficient, and just got buffed because no one would ever buy it. It's a ton of defensive power in one slot and the minions do legit work on bases if you lead them into a pushed lane. People are so not used to it though that saying something like "let my demons push" is not likely to be construed as a rational thought unless you ping the drop zone like four times to let them really get a gander at that warlock.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Libertine posted:

It rules, was already really efficient, and just got buffed because no one would ever buy it. It's a ton of defensive power in one slot and the minions do legit work on bases if you lead them into a pushed lane. People are so not used to it though that saying something like "let my demons push" is not likely to be construed as a rational thought unless you ping the drop zone like four times to let them really get a gander at that warlock.

I noticed some enemies were occasionally trying to push up side lanes, so I went and dropped my portal and it shoved those lanes back super hard. And it earned me like 750 gold (IT EARNS YOU GOLD).

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
zz top portal is really cool and the little dudes that come out of it are cute

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
it also has the benefit of giving the highest mr for an item in the game

a whole 60

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
It's tied with Banshee's and Spirit Visage this patch, actually. They buffed MR itemisation at the same time that they nerfed armor because reasons.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

ungulateman posted:

It's tied with Banshee's and Spirit Visage this patch, actually. They buffed MR itemisation at the same time that they nerfed armor because reasons.

MR itemization has been essentially gutted for years. It's the main reason that multiple AP threats per team and jungler has to build a Locket in nearly 100% of games in order to team fight has been the standard in competitive play for multiple seasons in a row. I don't know if this changes that but it's a subtle thing that helps ADC players at least amongst all the other ways they are getting hosed.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

It's also because unlike ad, most mages don't have a sustained level of dps through magic in the same vein of auto-attacks from ads. thus if you have a "magic thornmail" it'd kinda bone most ap users, since they can't do sustained damage, outside the realms of cassio, ryze, and karthus.

So MR is lower as a result, it'd suck for mages if you play against someone with 2 100 mr items ala frozen heart + thornmail (or at least it used to be)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

flyingkiwi posted:

i buy it second to last or last item almost every Singed game I play since he puts tremendous pressure on lanes but has trouble taking down towers once he gets there

it's also a mixed resist item which is very Rare and Valuable and the turret mspeed of raptor cloak helps a lot with proxy shenanigans

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
If every Riven main committed suicide, nothing of value would be lost.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I played Malz vs a Master tier Heimer main top

Easiest lane of my life

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

The Mattybee posted:

Riven is a fun champ to play imo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Titantic Hydra on Riven made me cry

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Skarner is so utterly broken. The absolute poo poo teams that I've somehow carried with him, it never should have happened.

And I'm not carrying them because I'm any good. I'm carrying them because Skarner is so loving broken, he allows even a shitlord like me to overcome at least a couple of lovely feeding teammates.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

The Mattybee posted:

I dunno, cleaning up Riven droppings sounds like an even worse career than being in a call center

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Bland posted:

Riven is a fun champ to play imo

I agree.

This does not change my stance.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I haven't played in a couple weeks and lol at PROJECT Leona

They had one job; make something more swag then the Iron Solari skin. "Let's make just make Leona literally grey and boring but add TECH effects to her spells!"

What a shame.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

The Mattybee posted:

I agree.

This does not change my stance.

It sounds to me like you hate people having fun Mattybee, why do you hate people having fun with a fun champ? It isn't healthy if you ask me.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Garen is pretty loving hilarious. You just bounty hunt all game and all of his moves hit hard as poo poo.

Is Sterak's Gage something you build first or nothing at all? Or is it something you build mid/late game after a lot of tank items?

I honestly can't tell from it's design whether it's meant to be a one-item power item for a bruiser, or a filler damage item for a tank.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Gamerofthegame posted:

They had one job; make something more swag then the Iron Solari skin. "Let's make just make Leona literally grey and boring but add TECH effects to her spells!"

What a shame.

Project Leona owns

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So after trying him out, why is Tahm Kench considered weak? He does shitton of damage, he is really tanky, he can save people, he has a mini-skarner ulti, he can poke...

His biggest flaw is that he's like Wisp in Dota, that is his ultimate is pretty useless in soloQ, but it still has some uses.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Bholder posted:

his ultimate is pretty useless in soloQ, but it still has some uses.

This doesn't seem like a major issue to you?

I think that's his biggest issue, and the other issue is that his aggressive enemy consume requires a triple stack setup which is not easy unless he is the top lane tank variety of Tahm Kench because he takes too much incoming damage trying to set it up usually.

Those two things make him bad.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Syllables posted:

It's also because unlike ad, most mages don't have a sustained level of dps through magic in the same vein of auto-attacks from ads. thus if you have a "magic thornmail" it'd kinda bone most ap users, since they can't do sustained damage, outside the realms of cassio, ryze, and karthus.

So MR is lower as a result, it'd suck for mages if you play against someone with 2 100 mr items ala frozen heart + thornmail (or at least it used to be)

Exactly, part of why they removed force of nature was it basically made you immune to being killed by mages who couldn't put out sustained damage like karthus because they would literally run out of mana before they could dent your health regen and MR with their long cooldowns.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

i have achieved the ultimate goal of all league players, i have a 10 game winstreak (normals tho)

:^)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

I think that's his biggest issue, and the other issue is that his aggressive enemy consume requires a triple stack setup which is not easy unless he is the top lane tank variety of Tahm Kench because he takes too much incoming damage trying to set it up usually.

actually you will find that devourer tahm kench is OP and amazing, making GBS threads out infinite damage while never dying. just ask tastylemondrops

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Libertine posted:

Why try to brute force your way into melee range when you can negate an ability and then run at Talisman speed toward the enemy by eating a teammate? It will probably be back up by the time you have three stacks anyway.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What hte heck is wrong with Headhunter Cait's autos

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Gamerofthegame posted:

What a shame.
The new skins look like poo poo TBH. They're just cashing in on their success with Yasuo. Fiora is OK but not nearly as good as Yasuo, and the other are straight garbage.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

riot can you just add an 80 mr item like force of nature was. cmon riot im not asking for much. this isnt that big of a deal. i just really want it. please?

How Rude posted:

actually you will find that devourer tahm kench is OP and amazing, making GBS threads out infinite damage while never dying. just ask tastylemondrops

i wouldnt do it personally but it doesnt seem horrendously bad. just kind of lackluster. there isnt anything that has any particular oomph or unfairness about it. like, if im fed as vayne, i can go invis in fights, reposition, and make it very difficult for anyone to ever get on me while spamming true damage with empowered auto attacks. if im fed as kalista i can poo poo rend stacks all over the enemy team and remote detonate them like some metal gear solid poo poo and take out some squishy guy, get everyone to half hp, and slow everyone to begin my rampage again.

if im fed as devourer tahm kench i can do pretty high damage for a tank. its strong, but it isnt particularly overbearing in any way. you want to have something about your character that is overbearing so you can exploit it as a winning image and off-tank tahm kench doesnt really have that. if you have some particular strategy revolving around tahm kench that does have a winning image though feel free to use it

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

What hte heck is wrong with Headhunter Cait's autos
aa bug thats present on like half her skins, riot claimed to have fixed it like back in January and have ignored any message that points out they didn't.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tonetta posted:

im not gonna call you out for trolling but im gonna call you bad for thinking gold 5 is some inescapable hell hole

Even I can get Gold 4.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Flipswitch posted:

aa bug thats present on like half her skins, riot claimed to have fixed it like back in January and have ignored any message that points out they didn't.

It didn't happen in my last game so I am confused. I guess thats why they dont do anything about it, its not reliable?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Darth Windu posted:

It didn't happen in my last game so I am confused. I guess thats why they dont do anything about it, its not reliable?

Possibly, but they use similar justification for refusing to fix Nidalee so gently caress that.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

What is it that is wrong? I play Cait a lot with a lot of different skins, I don't know what the issue is. Are some of her autos not working correctly?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

^^^ The animation and damage applied fall out of sync, sometimes your damage lands before the animation even shoots a projectile and sometimes it doesn't. The timing break kind of seems to be random as well. It can result in you cancelling autos and the like when you don't intend to.

Darth Windu posted:

Not a clue there buddy, it just seems to happen on a few of her skins and it's not every game but it really can gently caress up CSing and laning in general and it was one of the things that really annoyed me when I used to hardcore main Cait in bot lane.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Maybe this is why I stopped playing Cait, she's pretty fun otherwise so far, still bullies pretty hard. Idk why I never see her played by other people.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

She kind of exemplifies what people don't really like about ADC I guess, I mean she can't really carry a game and her mid-game is kind of bad, her strong points are early and the late and if another lane is falling behind, Cait/ADC can't really do anything to influence that.

I enjoy playing her though because I like playing lane bullies, I used to play her non-stop but stopped a little while ago when I felt that I didn't really have any influence on the game other than my own little lane where of which everyone would repeat group dive/tp/gank. Although that isn't really a Caitlyn specific problem, I did have a pretty tilty streak and ended up playing other ADCs and then didn't really go back to playing her much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Thanks for taking a look!

Daemonlasher posted:

If I had to guess, I would say Plat? Mechanically people are there but the wave control/rotations aren't quite there. Also just some blind people getting ganked after pings go out.

Correct: the average was mid-plat for that game. I think each team had two low-diamond players, but most were low plat.

• Locked thread