Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

poptart_fairy posted:

A ton of people make the mistake of chasing after the Knight rather than sitting by a tunnel and shooting at him for attention.

Yeah, if you do this, you practically can't make a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Mogomra posted:

What makes everyone hate the drill fight? I don't get it.

Camera bullshit, mostly I think

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Dogen posted:

This did piss me off for a while, but then I just started using first person mode.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Mogomra posted:

This did piss me off for a while, but then I just started using first person mode.

Yeah, I mean it's stupid that you should have to change modes for it, but I don't think it's a dealbreaker for most. It is bad design though.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mogomra posted:

What makes everyone hate the drill fight? I don't get it.

Dogen posted:

Edit: Oh and also that if you die you have to sit though like a minute and a half of taunting and reloading instead of just dropping you right back in like with the Riddler races.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Strange, I didn't have any problems with that fight at all. And the fact that you have to sit through a minute and a half of dialogue is new to me so I guess that means I just didn't die in my standard or NG+ run through.

Just how are people dying so much in that fight? See the tank, aggro the tank, drive through corridors, lather rinse repeat.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I died a couple of times in the southern tunnel. It seemed to have more serious obstacles than the others. Wasn't especially hard though.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, it appears the next Arkham Episode is nightwing.

Dear goodness, I hope it's better than the Red hood one. gently caress that one.

I liked the Red Hood DLC. All ten minutes of it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Forum Joe posted:

Strange, I didn't have any problems with that fight at all. And the fact that you have to sit through a minute and a half of dialogue is new to me so I guess that means I just didn't die in my standard or NG+ run through.

Just how are people dying so much in that fight? See the tank, aggro the tank, drive through corridors, lather rinse repeat.

It's easy to get slightly disoriented during the chase sequence when the camera pulls out to a cinematic view, you can drift too far off the line, and you will gently caress up an obstacle and die. I think the jump is the worst of it, because unless you hit the jump going dead straight, you will either clip the ledge and get caught, or miss the jump and get caught.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I saw on my box that the PS4 version comes with some sort of Scarecrow DLC. I can't find it anywhere. Someone online said it should be on the wheel with the other AR challenges but it isn't. Anyone had this issue or can help me anyway?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mastajake posted:

I liked the Red Hood DLC. All ten minutes of it.

The Red Hood DLC is frustrating because Red Hood has an interesting gimmick of basically all his moves setting up his wacky gun-fu combat style. He feels a little unpolished but it'd be real easy for him to get polished or even thrive in challenge rooms but instead they're just gonna stuck him in a 5 minute long DLC.

The ability to do long-range beatdowns alone is really fun.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

mastajake posted:

I saw on my box that the PS4 version comes with some sort of Scarecrow DLC. I can't find it anywhere. Someone online said it should be on the wheel with the other AR challenges but it isn't. Anyone had this issue or can help me anyway?

There should be a code in the box, have you redeemed that?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Veotax posted:

There should be a code in the box, have you redeemed that?

:ughh:

Thanks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

The Red Hood DLC is frustrating because Red Hood has an interesting gimmick of basically all his moves setting up his wacky gun-fu combat style. He feels a little unpolished but it'd be real easy for him to get polished or even thrive in challenge rooms but instead they're just gonna stuck him in a 5 minute long DLC.

The ability to do long-range beatdowns alone is really fun.

It's amazing how many times he can shoot people without them dying. :allears:

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's amazing how many times he can shoot people without them dying. :allears:

Must have stole the Batmobiles ammo rather than its tires in this universe.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

"Rubber Bullets to makes your death even more painful, I swear"

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

He just bummed some Peacekeeper Rounds from The Punisher.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Saints Crow posted:

He just bummed some Peacekeeper Rounds from The Punisher.

He should have taken those bullets that turned into knives instead.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Whichever tunnel was just a series of jumps was the worst in the drill fight. Still didn't take me too many deaths to figure out.

The greatest crime is they gently caress with the camera so you suddenly get disoriented when any mistake will kill you. That's actively bad design.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I guess I didn't have any camera problems because I'm playing with keyboard and mouse, so when you're controlling your own camera constantly it never gets moved to somewhere you don't expect. Explains why other people found first person may de so useful, didn't make much difference to me.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The problem is when there camera pulls out it also loses connection to the direction the car is going, leaving you to have to make a mental adjustment about driving the car at a crucial time.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Dogen posted:

The problem is when there camera pulls out it also loses connection to the direction the car is going, leaving you to have to make a mental adjustment about driving the car at a crucial time.

Sounds like the Sonic Adventure Loop Problem strikes again.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

OK, so I'm at the beginning (Gordon is mad), but regarding Joker Virus
Is the long and short of it
Joker OD'd on Titan, led to him getting Titan Immunodeficiency Syndrome (TIDS), which aggravated his chronic Jokephillis and put him on deaths door, infected bats, who got the cure for TIDS? And the Five Jokesters all "Got the Joke"?

Is that a decent summary as of where I am now?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Saints Crow posted:

OK, so I'm at the beginning (Gordon is mad), but regarding Joker Virus
Is the long and short of it
Joker OD'd on Titan, led to him getting Titan Immunodeficiency Syndrome (TIDS), which aggravated his chronic Jokephillis and put him on deaths door, infected bats, who got the cure for TIDS? And the Five Jokesters all "Got the Joke"?

Is that a decent summary as of where I am now?

If I'm reading this entire euphemism right, basically yes.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ahh, Arkham Knight. The gift that won't stop giving.

So I grit my teeth and finally decided to go slog through NG+ for the final trophy... and it loads me into my first save file. I exit, thinking maybe I hadn't moved down to Continue Story+. I load in... and it's my first save file. Again. Just before Knightfall.

Anyone have any loving idea why this is happening outside of Rocksteady being completely inept these days? As much as I don't want to keep playing, it's the last thing I need to do to put AK to bed.

It isn't going to force me to download the last big update for the DLC I didn't buy just to access my loving new game+ save, is it? I don't use cloud saves for AK, but who god drat knows this with turd.

E: Looks like downloading the patch is the solution. Apparently something hosed up somewhere since it's 5 gigs. I've played through a few patch downloads, this one shouldn't be this big, should it?

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 24, 2015

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Playing through Asylum again is pretty cute. D'awww, look at the predator encounter with four goons. :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Damian Skin concept art

Source

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I like Damian best as an extremely violent 10 year old who doesn't care when people knock his teeth out because whatever, they're baby teeth anyway.

Not into broody teenager Damian.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

CuwiKhons posted:

I like Damian best as an extremely violent 10 year old who doesn't care when people knock his teeth out because whatever, they're baby teeth anyway.

Yeah, making him Not a Kid is lame, because by the time he would be even Tim Drake's age, he'd already be more than qualified to be a full-fledged crime fighter. Damian is probably the most skilled of any of the Robins because his whole childhood has been Sweet Ninja Training.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Yeah, making him Not a Kid is lame, because by the time he would be even Tim Drake's age, he'd already be more than qualified to be a full-fledged crime fighter. Damian is probably the most skilled of any of the Robins because his whole childhood has been Sweet Ninja Training.

Isn't he dead before he's Tim Drake's age?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He got better.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

CuwiKhons posted:

They arent going to make a whole new model and animations for a DLC though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, I'd love Damian to be in the game but I want it to be grumpy kid Damian because he's the best.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Damian Skin concept art

Source

Uhhm.. Damien is a kid. Somebody made a huge mistake.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

net cafe scandal posted:

Uhhm.. Damien is a kid. Somebody made a huge mistake.

Except when he's not. Comics.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

Ya'll just gonna skip over everything above it on that list and the note that that's not a top priority, huh?

Ya'll missed the point. Skipping a bootup screens is so monumentally simple that including it in a list of things that they are 'continuing to work on' only illustrates their incompetence.

Of course it's likely they just included that in the list of things they were working on to make themselves seem more busy or concerned with customer feedback, so I shouldn't be surprised at how stupid that statement was.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

ChibiSoma posted:

Ahh, Arkham Knight. The gift that won't stop giving.

So I grit my teeth and finally decided to go slog through NG+ for the final trophy... and it loads me into my first save file. I exit, thinking maybe I hadn't moved down to Continue Story+. I load in... and it's my first save file. Again. Just before Knightfall.

Anyone have any loving idea why this is happening outside of Rocksteady being completely inept these days? As much as I don't want to keep playing, it's the last thing I need to do to put AK to bed.

It isn't going to force me to download the last big update for the DLC I didn't buy just to access my loving new game+ save, is it? I don't use cloud saves for AK, but who god drat knows this with turd.

E: Looks like downloading the patch is the solution. Apparently something hosed up somewhere since it's 5 gigs. I've played through a few patch downloads, this one shouldn't be this big, should it?

I am ridding this in the Riddler's voice because of your avatar and it is hilarious.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Terrible Horse posted:

They arent going to make a whole new model and animations for a DLC though.

I know they aren't, but they shouldn't have bothered to include him in that case. He doesn't look significantly different from Tim, especially with both of them sporting stupid shaved heads, so it really just looks like a costume redesign for Tim. If the picture didn't tell me that was Damian, I wouldn't have guessed it was him at all.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bushmaori posted:

Ya'll missed the point. Skipping a bootup screens is so monumentally simple that including it in a list of things that they are 'continuing to work on' only illustrates their incompetence.

Of course it's likely they just included that in the list of things they were working on to make themselves seem more busy or concerned with customer feedback, so I shouldn't be surprised at how stupid that statement was.

You're not cute.

If they figured out how to fix something people were complaining about and then put it on the list then why is it such an issue regardless of how small it is? Why do you read so loving much into it? People in this thread will look for any excuse to say WB hosed their dog. Which is weird, because it's not like you need to look hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

blackguy32 posted:

I am ridding this in the Riddler's voice because of your avatar and it is hilarious.

Well now I can't unhear that. Thanks, blackguy.

• Locked thread