Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Axle_Stukov posted:

That's nice, but where's the real important information, the number of times people PRAISE TANAKA.

Silly kitty. People don't praise Tanaka, they give him THAI KICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Trial roulette is a deathtrap because if you get Ravana or even Bismark or Garuda you will probably wipe a couple times. It's not worth the slight chance of getting Westwind imo.

With me it's always Chrysalis or Steps, and while Chrysalis is fine because that one's mostly dependent on not wasting LB3 until the rift and the tanks knowing how to use cooldowns before it so they can just run around and eat meteors with a full minute of hallowed ground or w/e, steps is like...i'm not sure how people are THAT BAD at videogames but I guess they're just NEVER getting into Ishgard

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 22, 2015

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Rei_ posted:

With me it's always Chrysalis or Steps, and while Chrysalis is fine because that one's mostly dependent on not wasting LB3 until the rift and the tanks knowing how to use cooldowns before it so they can just run around and eat meteors with a full minute of hallowed ground or w/e

A friend got stuck with a Chrysalis where the tanks knew gently caress all what to do because it was their first time tanking anything and were telling DPS to face tank meteors instead of focusing on the rift. They wiped 14 times before finally voting to dismiss.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Trial roulette is a deathtrap because if you get Ravana or even Bismark or Garuda you will probably wipe a couple times. It's not worth the slight chance of getting Westwind imo.

Who the gently caress wipes to Garuda?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Pretty interesting album of metrics from the live letter.

http://imgur.com/a/XplYZ

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

This image sure is informative.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

This image sure is informative.

yeah, 5% being specialized in carpenter is hilariously low

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well, it seems like overall the jobs a pretty evenly distributed, withthe jobs you have to unlock later in the game (AST, DRK, MCH, NIN) having slightly lesser distribution.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I don't think I've ever had a Chrysalis or Steps that was outright bad. The worst I ever got was a Steps run where Vishap reached the end at like 20% because nobody was on cannons, so next run I volunteered to do cannons and the dragonkiller. I also always make sure to tell newbs about how to deal with Triple, how to eat balls, and what to do inside the rift.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

vOv posted:

I don't think I've ever had a Chrysalis or Steps that was outright bad. The worst I ever got was a Steps run where Vishap reached the end at like 20% because nobody was on cannons, so next run I volunteered to do cannons and the dragonkiller. I also always make sure to tell newbs about how to deal with Triple, how to eat balls, and what to do inside the rift.

One time I had a Steps where Vishap still had 50% left when he destroyed the last gate. This was after Heavensward came out.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Etrips posted:

Pretty interesting album of metrics from the live letter.

http://imgur.com/a/XplYZ

Odd they have an even 50/50 split on female and male characters made for Japanese.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ilifinicus posted:

yeah, 5% being specialized in carpenter is hilariously low

I envy your ability to read moon runes. Could you translate for those of us without that ability?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jia posted:

Bismark is a crapshoot most of the time but trial garuda is a joke. Leveling garuda though could be anightmare

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I guess people really hate gloves and necklaces?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

vOv posted:

I guess people really hate gloves and necklaces?
It's in the interest of exposing as much skin as possible.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I get steps every now and then and it goes fine. Chrysalis on the other hand... I always tell people "keep the LB for the rift" and then some ranged DPS always blows it early. Blowing it isn't always an automatic wipe though. It just means the healer needs to DPS the tear as well. If you saved presence of mind for it, you'll be just fine.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

seiferguy posted:

I get steps every now and then and it goes fine. Chrysalis on the other hand... I always tell people "keep the LB for the rift" and then some ranged DPS always blows it early. Blowing it isn't always an automatic wipe though. It just means the healer needs to DPS the tear as well. If you saved presence of mind for it, you'll be just fine.

Or I can just queue exdr and frontlines and be done and out 115 tombs quicker and easier.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SpaceDrake posted:

Aww, lame. I thought since Koji would be sitting in, the lore thing would be bilingual. :smith:

Japan doesn't care about filthy gaijins who cannot understand GLORIOUS NIPPON. :japan:
(The English on the slides is probably all we should ever expect)

Holyshoot posted:

That's some poo poo loving drop off in savage. They should tune it better. Just because we wanted it to last longer doesn't mean months longer.

Pretty sure someone form SE said A3S was designed with eso gear in mind, hence their surprise when a handful of people cleared it on the 2nd week. If Savage Coil had come out two weeks after Second Coil I imagine the suffering would've been just as great there since Pentamelded accessories wouldn't have made up for people still having i90-100 gear instead of full Soldiery/HA.

Kuai posted:

They can call it Y'shtola's blessing or something if you are such a lore nerd.

They will always nerf outdated content just so people can experience it. Why waste it on the top 5% of players once its been outdated? Just slap echo and nerf some abilities and call it a day.

The point of Alex Savage is to give progression groups something to do. They design the hard fights now and then remove/lessen mechanics and damage to make the easier versions. It gives them a lot more content with a much smaller manpower cost and their metrics likely show the cost to be worth the benefits of keeping sad progression groups happy and paying.

Griz posted:

someone did, but it only shows total number of players and players with at least one skill at 50
https://jonathanprice.org/xiv/compare/

Which is pretty much worthless for figuring out subs since it will include all characters, not just active ones.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

the census also counts every single player, which is why au ra is so low on the distribution

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

God forbid we wipe a couple of times.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I do trial roulette every day because boss fights are fun and I like to do fun things in the video games I play.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm bummed when everyone leaves on the Ultros fight.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Sometimes you queue Frontline roulette and walk away with only 20 esoterics :smith:.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I do trial roulette every day because boss fights are fun and I like to do fun things in the video games I play.

{Same.}

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jia posted:

I meant HM, which has always been full of idiots who don't know how to heal or kill plumes

Touchfuzzy posted:

God forbid we wipe a couple of times.

Ten eso isn't worth wiping for twenty minutes on some of the easiest content the game has to offer. There's no excuse for it unless it's your first time.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I meant HM, which has always been full of idiots who don't know how to heal or kill plumes

Have you done Garuda HM in the last 6 months? No one kills the plumes anymore because it doesn't matter. No one dies in Garuda, let alone wipes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Have you done Garuda HM in the last 6 months? No one kills the plumes anymore because it doesn't matter. No one dies in Garuda, let alone wipes.

I must just be unlucky then.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
I'm pretty sure a black mage could solo heal garuda

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
basically every job can solo garuda hm at 60

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Right but I'm talking level synced since this is supposed to be a roulette match

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The last time I got it as a pally I spent every other GCD stoneskinning myself because I wouldn't survive otherwise. Good to hear this isn't the norm though

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The last time I got it as a pally I spent every other GCD stoneskinning myself because I wouldn't survive otherwise. Good to hear this isn't the norm though

Er, really? The same garuda that people clear in less than 2 minutes?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

bonewitch posted:

basically every job can solo garuda hm at 60

How much stuff can we solo at 60, anyway?

And of those, which places drop cool glamours? :v:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
A lot of people are partial to the Foestriker DoW set from Flox normal, and don't forget about the caster robes from Sash (though that's probably rather outdated with some of the newer armor models) - both are super easy to solo even at mid-50s in a matter of minutes

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm honestly a little upset that they're talking about reducing TP consumption for offtank dark knights while they haven't said a drat thing about paladins.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nuru posted:

No, the one in roulette that syncs you down to 50.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
That's the same one

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

nuru posted:

I've cleared garuda extreme in 2:30 and there are people in this thread that can't clear it period

You get 7 other liabilities in trial roulette

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm honestly a little upset that they're talking about reducing TP consumption for offtank dark knights while they haven't said a drat thing about paladins.

PLD offtank doesn't have a 25% uptime 10% haste buff making their TP consumption worse.

In other news, when Yoshida was answering chat questions after the live letter he apparently said that tanks stacking STR all the time is a "problem" but they haven't figured out how to 100% solve it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Doublestep posted:

I've cleared garuda extreme in 2:30 and there are people in this thread that can't clear it period

You get 7 other liabilities in trial roulette

I'm too used to Garuda light windows then.

• Locked thread