Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm sure this animation will play perfectly fine on the Vita version without the framerate dropping to 1fps

My assumption is that the Vita version will explode the second you try to boot Afterbirth.

Not like crash, your Vita just explodes like a bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Ipecac + Pyromaniac. Sometimes the game just decides to let you win.

EDIT: I made a Super Meat Boy that run too. Luckiest run ever.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

So I was playing a really dull game where I wasn't getting anything cool when I came across a one pip dice room. Decided to give it a try and my nightmare began.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C9PhLEAH0g

Might wanna turn off the volume on that one because I didn't realize the bombcast was loud enough to play through my mic half a room away. :v: Funnily enough, I actually found a second one pip room later on in the run...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TClRR7XCzjg

Well, at least that confirms that the Cursed Eye/Holy Mantle combo is completely useless for The Lost!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Can this be the Edmund McMillen thread? I got Fingered on Steam and it's kinda fun for a sub-$2 game. I don't quite get the strategy, then again I'm not quite sure there is a way to guess correctly 100% of the time.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

Can this be the Edmund McMillen thread? I got Fingered on Steam and it's kinda fun for a sub-$2 game. I don't quite get the strategy, then again I'm not quite sure there is a way to guess correctly 100% of the time.

Wait, I thought Fingered was a future project?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Carbon dioxide posted:

Wait, I thought Fingered was a future project?

It looks like it was released yesterday (at least on Steam). You should do yourself a favor and watch the two videos on the game's store page. The second one is appropriately insane.

Also the price tag ($1.87) is so oddly specific I can't help but think it's a reference to the penal code 187 for crimes of murder.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 19, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It looks like it was released yesterday (at least on Steam). You should do yourself a favor and watch the two videos on the game's store page. The second one is appropriately insane.

Also the price tag ($1.87) is so oddly specific I can't help but think it's a reference to the penal code 187 for crimes of murder.

It's €1.99 here in Euroland. Which is like $2.21.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I gave it a shot since it was cheap and I already like his games. It's sort of like the Guess Who board game I guess? Except you don't really get to pick your clues and some of the visual traits are a little hard to distinguish (like "they looked neat / freakish"), don't know how much depth it actually has but if you like dumb gimmicky stuff you might as well check it out?

Also, it lets you kill Edumnd McMillen in game which I thought was a fun easter egg

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've gotten the Book of Revelations on Floor 1 twice recently and each time I only got 3 meats/bandages even without double sized floors. I'm not sure what's going on.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Met posted:

I've gotten the Book of Revelations on Floor 1 twice recently and each time I only got 3 meats/bandages even without double sized floors. I'm not sure what's going on.

Boss rooms are generated on floor load, so if you draw the unlucky straw and get a Mr. Fred boss fight on the Womb, you're just stuck with it because it's a double sized boss room. Double trouble boss fights are the same way. Also, Conquest is a loving cocksucker and shows up to ruin any hope you may have had left when you don't generate a double wide boss.

Avoid taking Contract from Below if it shows up on any Meat/Bandage run, because it increases the odds of double trouble bosses.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Purely out of curiosity: Are D6/D10/D100 re-rolls also predetermined by the seed, or are they strictly randomly determined at the moment of use?

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
D6 rolls are definitely seeded. I assume the others are too.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
All the dice rolls are determined by the seed. I've seen a d4 race or two, and to ensure everyone got the d4 on floor 1, they all used the same seed and ended up with the same items. The only thing that varied between runs was if someone found a secret room when the others didn't, or payed a beggar and got an item.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
They're seeded to a degree but you can change it up in a run if you pick up items that modify your item pool like rosary for d6

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.
D6 rerolls can be influenced by repeatedly picking up and putting down a space item, which progresses you through a seeded sequence for the reroll.
Also I'm pretty sure angel key rerolls aren't seeded.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I've gotten both Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl without trying and I still haven't gotten Mom's Contact or Lord of the Flies.

My RNG is loving weird.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'm the same. I've done SMB and Bandage Girl multiple times without trying but only seen some items once in 400 hours.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Suicide King is the worst challenge, jesus christ.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Counterpoint: suicide King is the best challenge.

Ipecac tip: don't lob your tears in multiple planes. Line yourself up with an enemy, move towards them for a bit of extra range, and fire. This should cut down on the amount of tears coming back at you. Also, pray for speed ups so you don't get trapped in corners by enemies.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Carbon dioxide posted:

It would be funny to have the Lost as a joke alt boss, though.

Oh yes. That would be amazing. He would die in one hit. And the champion version would have Holy Mantle and 9 lives!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

legoman727 posted:

I've gotten both Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl without trying and I still haven't gotten Mom's Contact or Lord of the Flies.

My RNG is loving weird.

I haven't seen ludovico once. I'm beginning to think that it doesn't exist.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Ludovico is super fun with certain combinations.

Speaking of goofy combinations, just had a run with triple shot, IPECAC, Guppy, and a super early Godhead. I don't think I've ever had an easier run of the game.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
What are some interesting seeds? Like ludovico + strange attractor. Midas + unicorn stump with some orbital. Or soy milk + fire mind.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VDay posted:

Azazel, for one.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

VDay posted:

Speaking of goofy combinations, just had a run with triple shot, IPECAC, Guppy, and a super early Godhead. I don't think I've ever had an easier run of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzXU6HATahs&hd=1
This is the best ludo combo I've ever had.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

:siren: http://bindingofisaac.com/post/127517383219/lets-get-greedy :siren:

New blog post.

The Release date got delayed YET AGAIN, but he makes up for it by spilling the beans on Greed Mode

Basically the layout is this

and the middle of the room has enemies that spawn in waves via the timer button in the middle.

if a wave is too much you can push stop on the timer (and take half a heart of damage) to regroup yourself.
There's more in the link.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I wonder what dad's key will do in that mode

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'd assume its removed from the item pool or stops the mode w/o the half heart of damage.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

flyboi posted:

I wonder what dad's key will do in that mode

I imagine that using it to leave the room early will have the same effect as ending the rush, but without having to pay half a heart.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

That looks vaguely interesting but also kind of bland for how much it was hyped and hinted.

Can't wait to have to reach wave 100 with the Lost!

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish
Reminds me a lot of Smash TV, seems pretty rad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nighthand posted:

Please don't say that; it sounds like something that could actually have upgrades locked behind it

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I imagine that there's a snowball effect where if you can get to wave 50 with the Lost, wave 100 isn't a problem.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Pixeltendo posted:

:siren: http://bindingofisaac.com/post/127517383219/lets-get-greedy :siren:

New blog post.

The Release date got delayed YET AGAIN, but he makes up for it by spilling the beans on Greed Mode

He only delayed the release date of the release date. Not the release date of the game... if you follow me.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

This might be getting ahead of myself since we don't even know the date yet, but has anything been said about whether it will come to all platforms simultaneously? I play on the Vita, and I was worried I might be waiting past the release date.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
That could very well be the reason they've had to delay announcing the release date. I imagine setting a date with Steam is easy, but coordinating with the console makers and trying to pin down one date that works for everybody is probably an ordeal.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Nighthand posted:

I was about to say "how could you possibly do this as the Lost when pressing the button damages you" until I realised it damages you via spikes and the Lost can fly.

Which would make Azazel the best character for scumming it, I guess?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Lost and Azazel can both take damage from the sacrifice room spikes though, so I doubt Azazel will be safe. I'd assume The Lost would be safe from taking damage from it just like how it doesn't have to pay for devil deals.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Manatee Cannon posted:

The Lost and Azazel can both take damage from the sacrifice room spikes though, so I doubt Azazel will be safe. I'd assume The Lost would be safe from taking damage from it just like how it doesn't have to pay for devil deals.

That might make the Lost actually good at something (infinite stops) so I'd be surprised. More likely it's just another thing you have to avoid / something to accidentally end a great run on by accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd kind of figure it'd work like the sacrifice rooms though, where even if you have flying it'll damage you. Looks like a fun mode though, but I wonder what happens as you progress floors or is it just infinite till you die?

I'm really liking the fact that Afterbirth seems to be adding some more stuff outside of just playing the base game over and over, I don't know that just another boss post Chest / Dark Room is something that'll be as fun to do so having a different outlet is nice.