Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Last night in the Witcher, Geralt discussed wihhis ex that he was nailing her friend for a year, when he had amnesia. He used this as an excuse and got teleported over a lake to fall a long distance. This was followed by a long night of drinking and cards with his friends. Witcher 3 owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkA8-fhcvxA

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hubris.height posted:

discussed wihhis ex that he was nailing her friend for a year... followed by a long night of drinking and cards with his friends

i too have played this game, called "Life"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I don't remember buying Child of Light but I'm playing it now and it seems like it's Castlevania but with turn-based battles which seems pretty cool.

Also I was following the wrong chat thread this entire time :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

I don't remember buying Child of Light but I'm playing it now and it seems like it's Castlevania but with turn-based battles which seems pretty cool.

Also I was following the wrong chat thread this entire time :(

child of light is a very fun game with rhyming cutscenes that are very tough to watch

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Child of Light seems nice but it's uPlay which means I will never actually buy it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is the Wild Arms series good? Because I just found 3,4, and 5 at gamestop, this a day after purchasing Nier and some Japanese Saturn game I can't read the title too but it's an anime game.

Also i got the third Ar Tornelico game for the PS3 and Stella Deus

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

Is the Wild Arms series good? Because I just found 3,4, and 5 at gamestop, this a day after purchasing Nier and some Japanese Saturn game I can't read the title too but it's an anime game.

Also i got the third Ar Tornelico game for the PS3 and Stella Deus
I've always heard 3 is a genuinely good game, though I haven't gotten around to playing it. 4 and 5 aren't very good though.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
I just bought a pc and am having an awful conundrum. At first my gpu was poo poo and I couldn't comfortably run anything pretty with out it looking like poo poo and getting 10-15 fps, but now I can max games out and get a solid 50fps (new games even) after upgrading my gpu. Anyway this has nothing to do with it other than my pc is beautiful

Risen is a really fun game, skyforge is a really fun game, and the witcher 1 is a game I've been trying to beat for nearly 8 years (poo poo always comes up, whether I get super busy then don't play for awhile then have to reformat. Well its almost always this one, though last attempt my computer literally just stopped working and I went with out for 3 years). Also I refuse to loving play the witcher 2 or 3 till I've beaten 1. Why are there so many games I want to play when I have so little time :(

Gaming is a madness

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gaming should be an escape from anxiety and worldly concerns although it can exacerbate and channel obsessive behavior and guilt in some people. as in all things a short break and sunshine can help ease these symptoms in some cases.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If a cheeve is too annoying or bullshit in a game there is no harm in using a cheat device~.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

child of light is a very fun game with rhyming cutscenes that are very tough to watch

some of the rhyming cut scenes actually are cute and awesome, sorry your inner child is dead :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

some of the rhyming cut scenes actually are cute and awesome, sorry your inner child is dead :(

its quite a shame for a 10 hour game to have cutscenes so lame its not me you can blame.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

its quite a shame for a 10 hour game to have cutscenes so lame its not me you can blame.

some of the characters' arcs are quite nice, like the tale of the lovelorn archerist mice

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They charged 29.99 for a 10 hour game, for 29.99 I could have gotten way more cocaine.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Taint Reaper posted:

They charged 29.99 for a 10 hour game, for 29.99 I could have gotten way more cocaine.

uh i only paid $15 for Child of Light, wtf is this disinformation

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

precision posted:

uh i only paid $15 for Child of Light, wtf is this disinformation

There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to get it over with. We've checked with numerous experts and they all agree that there's absolutely no doubt. Your taint has been reaped. You might ask yourself what you did to deserve this, or if there was anything you could have done differently to prevent it and I want you to know it's not your fault. Taints are reaped every single day, no matter how aggressively you guarded yours it was only a matter of time before this happened.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
actual lol

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Were the hell do you live were coke is sold in increments of pennies? Or even in 30$ increments.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the smallest amount of coke i've ever seen someone buy is $80

but then i've only ever worked with/been friends with/been in bands with people who did good coke

which is also why i've never once paid for it, like, it's pretty fuckin good, i ain't lie, but like, for the price? naw, naw, hell nah gimme 4 Ferraris which is enough for me and my girl both to be totally nutted for about 7 hours whereas $80 worth of coke would be enough for like, 2 hours and then we'd have headaches

so gently caress that

what were we talking about?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

winners don't do drugs

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

winners don't do drugs

I believe most gold medalists drink coffee and/or tea.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qy6LRA1Twg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TTGRYz6rQ

Metal Gear Solid V looking good

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 22, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what games does house play on his psp?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Sakurazuka posted:

winners don't do drugs

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzmTVdU5VI

http://www.amazon.com/Reality-Gaming-Studio-Battlelost-Download/dp/B00WS4W9OQ/

JAMES

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 22, 2015

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

What, just one single high quality graphic?

At least we get a full FPS system.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
So someone remade the TOTAL RECALL NES game for mobile and then ported it to PC?

http://www.amazon.com/TOTAL-RECALL-THE-GAME-Download/dp/B00EKQXW5K/

Note: there is no Episode 2

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cardboard Box A posted:

So someone remade the TOTAL RECALL NES game for mobile and then ported it to PC?

drat even Half-Life got to Episode 2

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Cardboard Box A posted:

The original Total Recall game was so crappy that the publisher refused to buy ads on EGM after they gave it a bad review and made fun of it and it continued to be a running gag for the next 20 years of the magazine's life. So that's a hell of a pedigree right there.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I used to love the Total Recall game when I was a kid. But that was when I'd like any game that was more playable than Monster Party.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
if you want to talk about unplayable NES garbage lets talk about loving DEADLY TOWERS and goddamn LEGACY OF THE WIZARD

no 10 year old should be subjected to that poo poo, scarred me for life

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh son of a bitch you have to do the dash maze twice to get the third ending in Environmental Station Alpha :negative:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
8 eyes. The only game my family ever returned when I was growing up.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Adam Bowen posted:

8 eyes. The only game my family ever returned when I was growing up.

I remember that one. Whenever you beat a boss, both of you would sit down for tea and I remember a skeleton butler would bring it out. That was probably the only good thing about it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Legacy of the Wizard and Monster Party own, tho

I feel like the 8 Eyes game was like that Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde game, where it barely even resembles a game and it's clear the people making it hadn't even figured out what were, like, satisfying controls yet (despite only having 4 buttons counting Start and Select)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Legacy of the Wizard and Monster Party own, tho

I feel like the 8 Eyes game was like that Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde game, where it barely even resembles a game and it's clear the people making it hadn't even figured out what were, like, satisfying controls yet (despite only having 4 buttons counting Start and Select)

You wanna play an even worse game?

Try playing Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates. You can't tell the backgrounds from the foreground meaning you will die routinely because there is no logic or reason to what is a platform and whats not. Sometimes a background object is able to be stood on, sometimes the same object is really part of the background and is therefore unable to be stood on.

Now I have beaten the NES teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game and that was an enjoyable experience compared to that.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Taint Reaper posted:

You wanna play an even worse game?

Try playing Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates. You can't tell the backgrounds from the foreground meaning you will die routinely because there is no logic or reason to what is a platform and whats not. Sometimes a background object is able to be stood on, sometimes the same object is really part of the background and is therefore unable to be stood on.

Now I have beaten the NES teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game and that was an enjoyable experience compared to that.

Would you say it's better or worse than Hook?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ2cIsqAk_o

Also, what is it with a lot of NES games giving you an attack that's just outside your hitbox enough to be useless?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NES games were usually programmed by like three people, only one of which had any idea what they were doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the original ninja gaiden trilogy still stands as probably the best 2D platform/fighting games ever designed. so perfect in every way

• Locked thread