Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
whats the threads opine on o-rings to keep idiots (me) from bottoming out so loudly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

cheap and if they dont work you can always use them as cock rings (about the right size for you lol)

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
checks out

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

pbt is good, i have an old northgate clone which has doubleshot caps but theyre abs and the texture on the home row keys has all smoothed out. otoh my unicomp that ive had since 2008 and used daily still feels brand new. i think pbt feela better too but :shrug:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Triglav posted:

whats the threads opine on o-rings to keep idiots (me) from bottoming out so loudly

i dont like the feel

personal perference

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i don't think i could tell the difference between two types of plastic tbqh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
abs wears smooth very quickly whereas pbt is rougher and tougher. its a texture thing basically. abs at the start might feel like pbt but not for long

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
same

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

yes, yes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lol

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

forever and ever

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

:wow:

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
thinking about blowing $220 on a HHKB2

someone convice me that this is either a good idea or a bad idea

tyia

EDIT: just read geekhack some. first thought: what the gently caress is wrong with these people? "cherry switches feel gritty to me now" second thought: I'm thinking about buying a third mechanical.. I'm becoming one of them....

SavageMessiah fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 23, 2015

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
feels good, man

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The K95 will be my fourth mechanical keyboard, not counting the Apple Extended 2 and the Amiga1200 downstairs.. I don't see how you can have too many of them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Was the amiga mechanical? what kind of switches?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Mitsumi_hybrid_switch

Not amazing, but certainly feels better than standard mushy $10 keyboards

pram
Jun 10, 2001
looks like a POS

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thats what she said

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Got the Corsair K95 today, pretty happy so far although the Logitech G910 has screwed up Cherry muscle memory, I hope I get used to them again quickly :(

The Corsair software sucks, but someone reverse engineered the USB protocol and made good software, yay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JlrYgq1fAE

Stock keycaps are kinda meh too, hopefully the new ones won't take a whole month to get here.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
rly terrible but grats

mononvc
Nov 20, 2012
Any1 see a white iso filco tkl with clears let me know ok

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

error1 posted:

Got the Corsair K95 today, pretty happy so far although the Logitech G910 has screwed up Cherry muscle memory, I hope I get used to them again quickly :(

The Corsair software sucks, but someone reverse engineered the USB protocol and made good software, yay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JlrYgq1fAE

Stock keycaps are kinda meh too, hopefully the new ones won't take a whole month to get here.

those blue leds under your nixie tubes are shameful as hell

im not a huge fan of corsair keyboards, but hey, its better than what you had

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i finally got my sa profile caps and lmao wow theyre tall. the most luxurious keycaps ever . if you ever get an opportunity to get a good set def take it

i put my graphite colored set on my kul es87

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:pram:

drat a

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:jizzn:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm spurting here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gonna have a hard time peeling my undies off tonight

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
semen in my sock syndrome

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol. but srsly theyre really good. they are super tall though.. im definitely going to have to get adjusted

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Raluek posted:

those blue leds under your nixie tubes are shameful as hell

im not a huge fan of corsair keyboards, but hey, its better than what you had

They are RGB leds actually and programmable, they switch colors for each hour now and you can disable them, it's a nice kit

My entire desk is filled with stuff from http://nixiekits.eu/ and their STC power amp is especially awesome

Really want the new thyratron clock but oh god the price

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

error1 posted:

My entire desk is filled with stuff from http://nixiekits.eu/ and their STC power amp is especially awesome

but do they sell a USB DAC with a tube amp built in?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

lol. but srsly theyre really good. they are super tall though.. im definitely going to have to get adjusted

get a recess in yo desk

nice job on making me jealous you glorious mother fucker you

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

that's cool

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
wife's Matias Mini Tactile Pro arrived today

feels good to be a mechanical keyboard family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

pram posted:

i finally got my sa profile caps and lmao wow theyre tall. the most luxurious keycaps ever . if you ever get an opportunity to get a good set def take it

i put my graphite colored set on my kul es87

up down left right

• Locked thread