Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dias posted:

Didn't keep count, but I think it took around 16 attempts for me to get this goddamn King Vegeta. <5% sounds like a fair estimate now.

Yeah, I've done it a minimum of 20 times on hard (I've lost count, but I've basically been doing nothing but it as soon as I get enough stamina since the event started) and have yet to have it drop. It's really a shame, since I would definitely use him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Still don't have King Vegeta yet. :mad:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I've had no luck getting additional Chilled (You do get him on Furious Transformation right? If not I've been farming the wrong stage), King Vegeta's or Segway Frezia , other than the 1st one I got and the one for completing all the missions. I got Bardock maxed out though, and with all the stamina I used I was able to level my Z-Awakened Kid Goku from 60 to 71 (thanks to the level 59 from the mission of using 300 stamina).

Using a lot of different teams lately, and I realized I have the worst Piccolo (Burdened by Destiny doesn't even have Prodigies) and the event Goku doesn't even have Kamehameha link. I think I'm going to have to stop getting attached to some of these characters, as 52 units is a lot.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

I've had no luck getting additional Chilled (You do get him on Furious Transformation right? If not I've been farming the wrong stage), King Vegeta's or Segway Frezia , other than the 1st one I got and the one for completing all the missions. I got Bardock maxed out though, and with all the stamina I used I was able to level my Z-Awakened Kid Goku from 60 to 71 (thanks to the level 59 from the mission of using 300 stamina).

Using a lot of different teams lately, and I realized I have the worst Piccolo (Burdened by Destiny doesn't even have Prodigies) and the event Goku doesn't even have Kamehameha link. I think I'm going to have to stop getting attached to some of these characters, as 52 units is a lot.

Just buy more slots! :ssj::retrogames::getin:

I've managed all of the event guys so far, all of them are at special level 1, except for Gohan and Bardock. I don't really have the patience to farm the Strike characters up more than once. Haven't gotten Chiller or Segway Frieza to drop, but the Mission ones are good enough for me.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

Just buy more slots! :ssj::retrogames::getin:

I've managed all of the event guys so far, all of them are at special level 1, except for Gohan and Bardock. I don't really have the patience to farm the Strike characters up more than once. Haven't gotten Chiller or Segway Frieza to drop, but the Mission ones are good enough for me.

I'm tempted, but I already spent $45 on the game and not sure I want to spend anymore. Really all the content I have left to do right now is Awaken/Max-out the team, complete the missions (1 Kami and 23 King Kai) , and complete Z-hard campaign. I don't know if I have the items to do Z-Hard without a Dragonstone back up though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If you can't do a mission without spending a dragonstone, don't do it. Just accept the loss and move on. Don't spend stones on staying alive, there are a finite number of them you can earn from the story mode and missions, and after that you're left relying on events and gifts or just buying them. Or waiting for more story missions.

Not worth 1/5th a character to complete a quest you're not really ready for anyway. Don't be afraid to grind a little bit on events, you get plenty of friend points for summons that can help you level faster too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Cozz posted:

I'm tempted, but I already spent $45 on the game and not sure I want to spend anymore. Really all the content I have left to do right now is Awaken/Max-out the team, complete the missions (1 Kami and 23 King Kai) , and complete Z-hard campaign. I don't know if I have the items to do Z-Hard without a Dragonstone back up though.

:stare: Spending money on this game is something I don't get, but I'm never the type to pay for mobile games in the first place.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is there a good spot to pick up common awakening medals on the weekend? I need a few more Gregories to finish up SR Guldo.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

If you can't do a mission without spending a dragonstone, don't do it. Just accept the loss and move on. Don't spend stones on staying alive, there are a finite number of them you can earn from the story mode and missions, and after that you're left relying on events and gifts or just buying them. Or waiting for more story missions.

Not worth 1/5th a character to complete a quest you're not really ready for anyway. Don't be afraid to grind a little bit on events, you get plenty of friend points for summons that can help you level faster too.

Yeah, I admit I haven't done proper min/maxing use of my dragon stones. Summoning as soon as I had five in the beginning, using them as continues and stamina restores. I forgot how many I used to get Kid Vegeta. I have 19 level 60's or above (44 level 40 or above), so I think I'm doing something right on the leveling (or maybe that means I'm doing something wrong).

Tae posted:

:stare: Spending money on this game is something I don't get, but I'm never the type to pay for mobile games in the first place.

I used it the day the guaranteed SR in a multi-summon went live. I really don't plan on buying again, but since I've been playing it a few hours a night since it went live, $45 was a small reward for the game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tae posted:

Eh I've spent money on PAD before. I've been playing that for well over a year so I figure dropping a few dollars isn't bad at all considering how many games still cost a ton and don't even stay fun for a month.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've really experimented with making a team that synergies with each other, do link skills stack? Like I see King Vegeta links with Bardock under Saiyan Warrior Race and Saiyan Pride. If they link during a battle, do both of those go off?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've really experimented with making a team that synergies with each other, do link skills stack? Like I see King Vegeta links with Bardock under Saiyan Warrior Race and Saiyan Pride. If they link during a battle, do both of those go off?

They do both go off, it's the same reason people underestimate #17 & #18. On paper they are ok but when linked they trigger 3 abilities.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I am never loving getting this King Vegeta.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Webbeh posted:

I am never loving getting this King Vegeta.

I know it's probably not the reason you're getting him at this point, but I was very disappointed he's pretty poo poo compared to other saiyans, mostly because of his passive

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

There are so many kamen riders I never even knew. This Rider Bout game too fun.

Anyway, I finally got chair frieza, beating all the Z-Hard missions was surprisingly easy.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Just awakened my SSJ Vegeta to an Ultra Rare, super stoked

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm very glad to have gotten a King Vegeta, so as my eternal nightmare of running that level over and over is finally done.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Awakened my AGL SSJ Goku, SSJ Gohan, Final Form Frieza, and SSJ Bardock to URs. Need to do it for my SSR Piccolo too but lacking the medals he needs. I can't fit all these assholes on the same team though so it's going to be a while before I'm incredibly OP like I want to be.

For now I've got SSJ Bardock leading a really fun Ginyu Force team and I'm enjoying leveling them up.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

How are you the luckiest person alive.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I think it is because he spent :10bux: x a lot.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fallorn posted:

I think it is because he spent :10bux: x a lot.

Even then it doesn't give you any more luck. Which, for the record, a lot of gacha games do. The currency you pay for has better rates than the free stuff. So even if you bought like a thousand stones there's a chance you could roll nothing but tien.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I haven't spent that much, I've just been amazingly lucky with pulls. I've also gotten two extra SSJ Gohans so his super is lv3.

My brother's spent twice as much (or more) than me and hasn't gotten a single SSR yet. I'm a weird outlier.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I wonder if I should do another 10 pull. I've got 60 stones but I don't know if the next Multi summon event will be as good as getting SSJ2 Goku or Bardock.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

I haven't spent that much, I've just been amazingly lucky with pulls. I've also gotten two extra SSJ Gohans so his super is lv3.

My brother's spent twice as much (or more) than me and hasn't gotten a single SSR yet. I'm a weird outlier.

Hate. I've pulled so much and didn't get the one SSR I wanted. I think I wasted a lifetime of luck on PAD.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've spent a decent amount and have two SSRs. Both of them are SSJ Vegeta, limiting the utility somewhat. Got the TEQ one today.

Still don't have SR Jeice or Ginyu, but I sure do have every Vegeta and Tien.

Edit: Oh neat, SSJ TEQ Vegeta is a good looking leader for a Frieza team. There's two STR, a TEQ, an INT, and Kid Vegeta has Prodigy.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 23, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Double crotch shake time.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I'm at least 0/40 on King Vegeta on Hard.

gently caress this noise.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've been playing DBZ since it came out, been enjoying it so far. I wish the puzzles were a bit more puzzling (as it stands, I feel more like I'm playing Plinko), and the character pool is obviously limited, but on the whole, I'm enjoying it.
I also started One Piece a couple days ago, definitely enjoying it. It's like Brave Frontier, except with characters from a show I really like. Kinda irritated that I pulled Marco and can't really use him. I just now got to where I can even put him in a crew, and he's mostly breaking the bank by himself. I've got a bunch of fruits saved up for Sugofest, so here's hoping for something sweet from there.
So far, Zoro is the only one I've evolved, I didn't realize there were different evolutions, so I'm glad someone mentioned this thread to me before I made any serious progress.

DBZ: 1070428182 - currently leading my team with SSJ2 Goku
One Piece - 322416898 Currently leading with Coby, trying like hell to replace that.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

:siren:Reminder that the Bardock story event and the current pull event end tomorrow.:siren:

Why earlier than normal? Nobody knows. Grind those R Bardocks while you can, great training fodder.

In theory the next pull event will be Perfect Cell and Father-Son Kamehameha SSJ2 Gohan, though it's a mystery if they'll be another guaranteed SR or if we might get an actual rate up event for once.

That Gohan is absurdly strong and that Cell is pretty solid.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 24, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

:siren:Reminder that the Bardock story event and the current pull event end tomorrow.:siren:

Why earlier than normal? Nobody knows. Grind those R Bardocks while you can, great training fodder.

In theory the next pull event will be Perfect Cell and Father-Son Kamehameha SSJ2 Gohan, though it's a mystery if they'll be another guaranteed SR or if we might get an actual rate up event for once.

That Gohan is absurdly strong and that Cell is pretty solid.

That or we'll get cooler. But I can't see them doing two movie events in a row. Either way I hope it's cell and that getting the stuff from the event will be easy because I need to farm up more stones for the machines I actually want.

In a freak twist we might even get the dokkan evolution and revival of F stuff. There's no telling, really.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Paying for this game might be worthwhile if they actually made this game worth paying money for. If you are making people drop a very expensive meals worth of money on some shiny digital character, then make sure they get a higher chance of a SSR, not a SR and a bunch of worthless Rs that has a worse haul than if you single pulled each one.

And the fact, they severely limit stone do not make people more impulsive to buy, they make people quit after they realize this is a poorly built game relying on a famous comic.

Plenty of successful games that have pay to win feature make sure the payer is happy dropping money not getting frustrated that the money they paid does not give them at least some advantage.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

isme posted:

Paying for this game might be worthwhile if they actually made this game worth paying money for. If you are making people drop a very expensive meals worth of money on some shiny digital character, then make sure they get a higher chance of a SSR, not a SR and a bunch of worthless Rs that has a worse haul than if you single pulled each one.

And the fact, they severely limit stone do not make people more impulsive to buy, they make people quit after they realize this is a poorly built game relying on a famous comic.

Plenty of successful games that have pay to win feature make sure the payer is happy dropping money not getting frustrated that the money they paid does not give them at least some advantage.

This game is still early in its cycle, it's a bit unfair to expect them to reach PAD levels of giving you stones almost every day for no reason. They're still occasionally busting out entirely new story chapters and such. Even then every few days I get a stone just for logging in and every other week we've had some kind of event that gave out three or so stones plus strike events and story events.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Webbeh posted:

I'm at least 0/40 on King Vegeta on Hard.

gently caress this noise.

I'm 0/60+ on hard, 0/1 on z-hard. :mad:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Wish I could give you guys mine, I've got 3 so far and levelled him to 60. Kid Vegeta is stronger for my team so he's benched for now.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
What level is the Frieza awakening medal found on? I have all 4 or 5 of the Bardok team but need that frieza one before it diappears. TIA

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Last Battle, Hard or Z-hard. Hold onto a 1, since it's right behind Frieza.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Thanks much. Also, what does the 0 Left/1 Left indicator on enemies mean? I didn't see that anywhere in the thread or in the game help

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Number of attacks. If the enemy has 0 left it means that they are attacking sometime this turn.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

CzarChasm posted:

Thanks much. Also, what does the 0 Left/1 Left indicator on enemies mean? I didn't see that anywhere in the thread or in the game help

How many turns until they attack next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was in denial when King Vegeta finally dropped. I didn't even notice at first that he had dropped because I wasn't really paying attention (because I had become conditioned to him not dropping). It took at least 30 tries. At least I finally got him, and he can replace Tora on my Bardock/Saiyan team.