Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Keeshhound posted:

I can visualize Cable hunched over doing needlepoint in his off time.

I'd wager a good 1/3 of his pouches contain nothing but needles, threads and thimbles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Keeshhound posted:

I can visualize Cable hunched over doing needlepoint in his off time.

?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Grendels Dad posted:

I'd wager a good 1/3 of his pouches contain nothing but needles, threads and thimbles.

And another 1/3rd contain more pouches.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I imagine Cable always reeks of rancid Fruit Roll-Ups and stale Dunkaroos from all the snacks he's forgotten about putting in those pouches.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Phylodox posted:

I imagine Cable always reeks of rancid Fruit Roll-Ups and stale Dunkaroos from all the snacks he's forgotten about putting in those pouches.

P sure it would take time travel to cause a fruit roll up to go bad.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Phylodox posted:

I imagine Cable always reeks of rancid Fruit Roll-Ups Hostess Fruit Pies and stale Dunkaroos from all the snacks he's forgotten about putting in those pouches.

FTFY.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Sizone's post still applies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Twinkies and fruit pies actually go bad really fast, not sure how they got that rep.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

No one was willing to actually taste a fruit pie to find out.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Chaos Hippy posted:

Bring back my TMNT pudding pies, dammit!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Twinkies and fruit pies actually go bad really fast, not sure how they got that rep.

Twinkies don't exist anymore.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Twinkies don't exist anymore.

You're over 2 years out of date on that information.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Twinkies came back faster than Jean Grey.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

You're over 2 years out of date on that information.

I apologize for not being up to date on terrible "food" no one should eat. Curious you know they came back.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Skwirl posted:

I apologize for not being up to date on terrible "food" no one should eat. Curious you know they came back.

Oh shut the gently caress up.

"Oh well, I wouldnt know about thaaaat because I'm soooooo much better than you"

Let me guess, you don't watch/own a TV either.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Skwirl posted:

It was somehow national news, and now they're sitting on store shelves. How did you hear they were gone and miss they were back? It was pretty much same day on the news cycle. Do you just not go into grocery stores?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

John Dyne posted:

Do you just not go into grocery stores?

Nah man. Grocery stores are for plebs. He's way too good to buy goods, or be in the same building with such low class filth.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Chaos Hippy posted:

Screw you, Fruit Pies are amazing. The myriad villains are correct, you'd have to be CRAZY not to like them.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

John Dyne posted:

It was somehow national news, and now they're sitting on store shelves. How did you hear they were gone and miss they were back? It was pretty much same day on the news cycle. Do you just not go into grocery stores?

Or, really, how did anyone think their being gone was anything other than a temporary situation at the most? The brand is way too valuable.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

Screw you, Fruit Pies are amazing. The myriad villains are correct, you'd have to be CRAZY not to like them.

I might be a little bit crazy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SomeMathGuy posted:

Or, really, how did anyone think their being gone was anything other than a temporary situation at the most? The brand is way too valuable.

People were buying cases of them on eBay for a little bit there. It was a whole thing.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

SomeMathGuy posted:

The media narrative was that it was the result of greedy union members ruining the all-American Twinkie, so I'm not surprised there wasn't much coverage on their immediate return, once the old management was gone.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Travis343 posted:

People were buying cases of them on eBay for a little bit there. It was a whole thing.

I definitely remember that happening, but honestly the same critique applies. It was a strange phenomenon to witness.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

They never even stopped production in non-American markets. It was just a big anti-union show.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lurdiak posted:

They never even stopped production in non-American markets. It was just a big anti-union show.

Also to artificially increase demand, I guess. See "nerds buying cases of the stuff on eBay."

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I found a Hostess Fruit Pie for sale once and bought it just to see what the fuss was about. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever put in my mouth.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Ya know, I think we need to hear Walter White's opinion on this matter:

Source: Brendan Tobin

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bakanogami posted:

I found a Hostess Fruit Pie for sale once and bought it just to see what the fuss was about. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever put in my mouth.

Yeah if you're not ten. They're garbage food, they're lower on the "real food" scale than filled donuts.
Those green ninja turtle pudding pies were really good though.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Cangelosi posted:

Ya know, I think we need to hear Walter White's opinion on this matter:

Source: Brendan Tobin

You know Breaking Bad would have been the best show on television if it had actually been about making Twinkies instead of meth. But only if they had changed that and nothing else.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Spongy Yellow Persuasion.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Lurdiak posted:

They get stale, they don't go bad. They don't ever go bad. They will survive even the Great Disaster

From Bizarro World

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Chaos Hippy posted:

Someone, somewhere is always willing to do the things that others won't.
http://www.therobotspajamas.com/snack-report-digging-up-some-old-hostess-treasures/

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I...I can't believe the madness this thread has taken.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Travis343 posted:

Yeah if you're not ten. They're garbage food, they're lower on the "real food" scale than filled donuts.

I tried one when I was seven or eight because of the ads and they were crap even then.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Travis343 posted:

Those green ninja turtle pudding pies were really good though.

Key Lime, man. That stuff is more addictive than nicotine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TWINKIES.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Choco1980 posted:

I...I can't believe the madness this thread has taken.

Only one thing can save this thread now!

The delicious taste of Hostess Fruit Pies!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'll save you, citizen thread!

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Kelly

from Watchmen #8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Gaz-L posted:

Is the girl in yellow related to MACH at all? Her jetpack looks a lot like his.

She's Sun Girl, daughter of Lightmaster, using her super villain dad's equipment to do good. Unfortunately probably won't be seen anywhere outside of Yost's books, same with Aracely, both are really fun new characters.