Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Drop Rudolph and Mariota and find some flyer RBs quick like. Or start looking at trade options.

E: At least see if D. Williams is an fa so you have someone for Bell the first couple weeks.
Ya DeAngelo Williams is going undrafted in some leagues and should be an absolutely serviceable running back for Bells suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just watched demarco murray and Darren sproles split carries for a whole series and then Ryan Mathews ran it into the endzone.

Not gonna own a piece of that unless my leagues have return yards.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Provided that they're actually committed to getting Sproles more work in the slot, I would totally take him as a RB4 (RB3 if I have a really good RB1 and am stacked at WR) in PPR, but otherwise, yeah, not getting involved in that whole thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I pick first, I have Sammy Watkins as my lovely keeper. We get .3 PPR in a 14 team league. Can anyone think of any reason why I shouldn't take the only tier-1 guy in Charles?

This is what's available.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If you can't convince someone to trade up from 5-9 so you can grab Dez/Julio/Hill/Jordy, I would just go ahead and take Charles.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

cheese posted:

Gore as your RB1 doesn't really bother me if you had someone who was super trustworthy as RB2. Ellington and Stewart could both have great years, but are injury concnerns, and just because Crowell is the best back in Cleveland doesn't mean the coaches will give him the touches he deserves. Your running back core could be a shambles by week 4 :ohdear: DeSean in the 10th seems like great value - he was WR 16 last year with garbage QB play.

I figure worst case scenario at RB, I've got Arian Foster coming back and Blue to back him up in the mean time.

Notes:
- 1 pick away from AP falling to me at 1.07
- 1 pick away from AJ Green falling to me at 3.07
- 1 pick away from DeAndre Hopkins falling to me at 05.07 (same guy)
- It was either Ellington or CJ Spiller
- Very trade happy league. I get my RB1's through trading my bench ;)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Spoeank posted:

Since we're talking about modifying crap in excel, does anybody know how to adjust auction values based on players being kept (since it removes points and dollars from the league)?

Also interested in this, for my Fantasy Baseball team, never too early to start thinking about the repeat. 36 keepers if everyone takes the max allotment.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Michael Corleone posted:

Thank you! Is the VAL the same for all position groups, ie; can I sort them by overall VAL to create a 'Big Board'? Thanks again.

Yes the intent is that you compare VAL across positions.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I should have mentioned I have 2 more bench spots to be filled. We were getting a bit tired of the draft, and by the later rounds most people were just picking up whatever so we cut it short by 2 rounds. I didn't realize Spiller was questionable to start the season. I'll be using my last 2 picks on RBs once I can pick them sometime tomorrow night. edit: and DeAngelo Williams is still available if my table from the draft is correct.

GAYS FOR DAYS fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 23, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Latavius Murray owns.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes the intent is that you compare VAL across positions.

Thanks. I did this, I will have to look it over and adjust for keepers, but looks solidish as a draft order. I will move WR's and QB's(maybe) over RB's just because you never REALLY know with them, less than other positions, but it will have margin for error. We get our slot 30 minutes b4 the draft so should be able to put together a shopping list in that time.

e; Do the pluses and minuses in the tier column mean they have upside and downside to the next tier, respectively.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 23, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Where would you guys put Arian Foster in a league with an IR slot? 6th round? 7th?

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Dynasty Keeper conundrum. Currently league converting, get to keep 2 perm this year and then grows from there.

Keeping Antonio Brown.

Who else should I keep? Costs effectively my 1st and 2nd picks to keep two.

Jeremy Hill
CJ Anderson
Megatron

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Dynasty Keeper conundrum. Currently league converting, get to keep 2 perm this year and then grows from there.

Keeping Antonio Brown.

Who else should I keep? Costs effectively my 1st and 2nd picks to keep two.

Jeremy Hill
CJ Anderson
Megatron

C.J. Anderson or Megatron. Hill is still in a time share, Anderson too but he'll get more touches in an arguably better offense/team.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Doltos posted:

C.J. Anderson or Megatron. Hill is still in a time share, Anderson too but he'll get more touches in an arguably better offense/team.

Do you consider age or purely talent? We know what we have in Mega, but CJ is a risk.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Last thing, but in a long-time 6 point TDP league going keeper, 3 slots, Luck and Rodgers are never going to be available again right?

Thanks again Beer, but my VAL is league specific right, meaning I should take a WR with a higher VAL than a RB with a lower one, either to start, or to play a flex, right?

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 23, 2015

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just watched demarco murray and Darren sproles split carries for a whole series and then Ryan Mathews ran it into the endzone.

Not gonna own a piece of that unless my leagues have return yards.

Who does the returns?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mr. BT posted:

Who does the returns?

Supposedly Sproles but Barner has taken two to the house in consecutive preseason games

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Would you guys trade Funchess for Bradford in a PPR league? Starting QB is Cam and starting WRs are Antonio Brown and Jordan Matthews. WR depth is bad in Michael Floyd and Kenny Britt as my top 2 backups.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Ty1990 posted:

Would you guys trade Funchess for Bradford in a PPR league? Starting QB is Cam and starting WRs are Antonio Brown and Jordan Matthews. WR depth is bad in Michael Floyd and Kenny Britt as my top 2 backups.

i would want bradford. there are at least a dozen lottery ticket WRs and only 3(?) lottery ticket QBs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ty1990 posted:

Funchess is a raw as poo poo converted TE and woe be to whoever relies on him to replicate Benjamin's rookie year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Doltos posted:

Funchess is a raw as poo poo converted TE and woe be to whoever relies on him to replicate Benjamin's rookie year.

Exactly this.

Also Cam's gonna take a big hit because the amount of massive bullshit he heaved up to Benjamin that Funchess won't pull down.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Yeah, I'd trade Funchess for Bradford, especially if you'll have Cam as a backup. If you don't believe in inevitable injuries then you can probably flip Cam, too. You'll be able to grab a replacement WR easily enough. e: Spoeank, your post from a couple pages ago caused me to rethink my position. So thanks for being a voice of reason!

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 23, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Exactly this.

Also Cam's gonna take a big hit because the amount of massive bullshit he heaved up to Benjamin that Funchess won't pull down.

Cam won't take that big of a hit

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The main beneficiary will be Olsen.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Metapod posted:

Cam won't take that big of a hit

Not undesirable but he should drop down a couple slots. He's still a QB1 and people draft him for rushing yards and TDs, but you can't divorce (1) Benjamin got a crapload of garbage time TDs and yards (2) Funchess is a destitute man's Benjamin and (3) dat receiving corps from Cam's value.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
e: nm PM sent to Beer

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cool, get to practice more on my Excel skills, guess I didn't save what I spent 2 hours on last night :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Michael Corleone posted:

Cool, get to practice more on my Excel skills, guess I didn't save what I spent 2 hours on last night :(

It doesn't autosave or remind you to save before you close? That's saved my rear end so many times, or you might be able to find one cached.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Well, it WAS saved because every time I saved it I got warned, just can't find it. Anyway, I just downloaded your original instead of copying and pasting and it is going to take like 10 mins.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's only preseason, but I'm higher on Ryan Mathews now. He looked really good. I will not be surprised to see something very close to 50/40/10 Demarco/Mathews/Sproles. Sproles looked awesome as always.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

District Selectman posted:

It's only preseason, but I'm higher on Ryan Mathews now. He looked really good. I will not be surprised to see something very close to 50/40/10 Demarco/Mathews/Sproles. Sproles looked awesome as always.

Enjoy! (I'm not touching any of them unless it's insane value)

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Who do you like best for an end of the bench dynasty flier? Tre McBride, Zach Zenner or Lance Dunbar?

I like Dunbar in best ball, but not sure how much I value him in .5 PPR. Zenner seems like he could be a special player for the Lions at some point in the future, and McBride has great talent but is deep on the Titans depth chart.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

Who do you like best for an end of the bench dynasty flier? Tre McBride, Zach Zenner or Lance Dunbar?

I like Dunbar in best ball, but not sure how much I value him in .5 PPR. Zenner seems like he could be a special player for the Lions at some point in the future, and McBride has great talent but is deep on the Titans depth chart.

Dunbar because he has the best chance at getting on the field

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Alright, locked and loaded, thanks Beer! Got my big board set, will just let it come to me, I am overconfident!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Cervixalot posted:

Expected value, probably Dunbar > Tre > Zenner. Upside (which I prefer for dynasty stashes), Zenner > Dunbar > Tre.

Dunbar is a solid third down back who's pretty good in pass protection and has great hands. He's more valuable in ppr than standard, and an injury to McFadden or a circumstance where Randle busts could give Dunbar a chance to be an RB3 worth starting on bye weeks. He's fast and agile with good college production, so there's reason to believe he could be pretty good behind the Dallas line. However, he's been having fumble issues at camp and is too undersized to ever be a three-down back (5'8 / 190), which really limits his upside. I don't really see a scenario where he's ever a dependable RB2, even with injuries to the guys ahead of him (they would almost certainly bring in a FA). But the coaches spent a good chunk of the offseason saying how they already want to get him more involved, so he should see the field this year even behind Randle and McFadden.

McBride is WR6 on a team with dynasty upside (I believe in Mariota). Has all the measureables you'd want to see (good college efficiency and volume, good SPARQ metrics), but has a low draft pedigree for a WR (which is usually more efficient than RB these days - WR talent evaluators are pretty good for the NFL), and doesn't have a clear path to even a long-term role with Wright and DGB ahead of him (with short-term competition from Nicks, Douglas, and Hunter). His coaches also describe him as very "raw". The draft community is taking him higher than Zenner in rookie mocks at the moment, though, so folks must see upside somewhere (in the very least, Nicks is a shell and Hunter might go to jail, meaning McBride could see volume within a year or two).

Finally, Zenner is one of my (and many other people's) dynasty sleeper darlings. He has immense college volume at a small D-I school: three consecutive years of 2000+ yards and 51 touchdowns in the past two years. He has great hands, is an ideally-sized SPARQ monster (5'11 / 223) with a downhill running style that's perfect for blasting between the tackles, has been tearing up the preseason and getting rave reviews at camp, is whip-smart (high-GPA pre-med who wants to be a doctor after the NFL), has a strong work ethic, and is even pretty decent pass-blocking. He has by far the biggest upside of the three - he could be a special player. HOWEVER, there's a chance he doesn't even make the final roster for the Lions. Joique and Abdullah are locks as RB1a/1b ahead of him, Riddick is a versatile gadget guy that they want to keep for the funkier plays (he's also blindingly fast), and Winn is one of the best special-teams veterans they have. I actually think that if Joique gets hurt right now, Zenner would be the replacement, so he's not necessarily buried on the depth chart. The problem is the other guys have found ways to make themselves invaluable. I also think there's a pretty good chance that Abdullah could be the best ppr back in the draft class, which limits Zenner's long-term upside. Honestly, who knows what will happen here. His long-term ceiling is a productive 2-down back in a time-share with Abdullah (good for RB2), but his long-term floor is purgatory on the scout squad without playing a snap in the NFL for years (if ever). Hell, he could even be poached by another team and end up a starter.

If you're looking for risk and risk alone as a late-round lotto ticket, I'd gamble on Zenner. Otherwise, Dunbar is the smart pickup.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 23, 2015

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
Do any of the BeerSheets account for return yardage?

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Keepers are in for my auction draft today and the list looks pretty drat grim. The only RB I have as a keeper is Ellington. If i can't get charles at a reasonable price I might just have to get a bunch of cheap RBs and hope they hit I guess. Good thing is I have a lot of dollars available at least.

Also everyone better get on the David Johnson hype train before it's too late

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Kind of want to get ADP and Brady and ride their "F U" seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

Kind of want to get ADP and Brady and ride their "F U" seasons.

I'm riding the pissed off Tom Brady train so hard this year.

• Locked thread