Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

widespread posted:

Would you believe I actually managed to get that fixed up a few days later. As it turns out, FCO can't be on and NVR3 had to be on the end of their respective lists.

Now it looks like this.

Yes, that's DYNAVISION 3's Trek Vaseline Lens and no, I won't stop using it for screenies like that.

Yeah I honestly thought that could have been the problem, but I haven't been able to look at my own load order to find out for certain. Glad you fixed the problem, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'll never understand how people are able to play the game with such lovely ENB's though. The exposure in that screenshot is terrible.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smol posted:

I'll never understand how people are able to play the game with such lovely ENB's though. The exposure in that screenshot is terrible.

Realistic Desert Glare Simulator

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Smol posted:

Here's what that screenshot consists of:
Blackout ENB
Dynavision 3

With Dynavision, I went with "Nice Overall Enhancement" and "Trek Vaseline Cam" for the Camera Settings, and MGE's Hypnotrama: Bloomer for the Lights. Not sure if I hosed with the Film settings but yeah.

End result is that my eyes are now seared every in-game day.

Edit: For reference, here's a similar picture, but with just the "Nice Overall Enhancement" Setting on the Camera, MGE's Hypnotrama: Tight and Bright on the Lights, and Once Upon A Time setting on the Film.

widespread fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 23, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Looks horrible, still.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Then what should be ripped out of it? I can't tell what'd make it better.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I dunno, the color range is a nice change from the game's default orange-greyness.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

widespread posted:

Then what should be ripped out of it? I can't tell what'd make it better.
If you like how it looks and enjoy playing like that, then good for you.
But in those screenshots the lighting looks too bright and the colours too washed out for my taste. My actual real eyes would get seared from watching my monitor with settings like that.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
When you need sunglasses to play a video game, you're doing something wrong.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Smol posted:

same
i'm pretty happy with what i got though

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

That poo poo seems like way too much work just to have the lighting be hosed in half the parts of the game because the lighting sources and lighting in general in these games is not consistent whatsoever

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

That poo poo seems like way too much work just to have the lighting be hosed in half the parts of the game because the lighting sources and lighting in general in these games is not consistent whatsoever

yeah it's super annoying which is why i'm pretty happy with where my settings are now because they more or less work universally for whatever stuff i've got.
though it can still look like hot garbage too

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 23, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Fereydun posted:

yeah it's super annoying which is why i'm pretty happy with where my settings are now because they more or less work universally for whatever stuff i've got.

Holy poo poo. Also what outfit is that?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Saint Sputnik posted:

Holy poo poo. Also what outfit is that?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zwwrwt978coiag/NVBS_Desert_Scorpion_Battle_Armor.rar
NVBS05, with a scarf taken from some armor from the armor compilation thing in the OP

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 23, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
ENB is good for when you're on your 200th playthrough or whatever and just want to change it up. Also Fereydun yours looks v. good.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Did anyone ever get around to making the lesser gangs of Vegas not look like bland poo poo yet?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

After a brief moment of loving with settings- read: turning down brightness :v:- I got this.

But enough about silly camera nonsense, I want to ask about The Armory and what it did to my game. Like, some of the ammo I got SEEMS like it'd be borderline broken- i.e. 5.56 AP rounds have a x0.30 multiplier to a target's DR- but... well, what the gently caress does that mean, and does it clash with the JSawyer mod?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Fereydun posted:

ok, i don't believe that this is actually fallout.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

widespread posted:

5.56 AP rounds have a x0.30 multiplier to a target's DR- but... well, what the gently caress does that mean
It means that whatever you shoot with that ammo will have it's DR multiplied by 0,3 in the damage calculation. So someone with a DR of 50, would effectively have a DR of 15. Meaning that instead of the damage being reduced by 50%, it will be reduced by just 15%.

widespread posted:

does it clash with the JSawyer mod?
Yes.
The Armory's alternate armour system overhauls how armour works. The details of what it does are in it's readme.
To do what it does, it edits all armour entries. However JSawyer also edits the armour entries to do it's own armour rebalance thing. So if you want to use the Armory's system, then load the alternate armour sytem's plugins after JSawyer.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 24, 2015

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Raygereio posted:

It means that whatever you shoot with that ammo will have it's DR multiplied by 0,3 in the damage calculation. So someone with a DR of 50, would effectively have a DR of 15. Meaning that instead of the damage being reduced by 50%, it will be reduced by just 15%.

Yes.
The Armory's alternate armour system overhauls how armour works. The details of what it does are in it's readme.
To do what it does, it edits all armour entries. However JSawyer also edits the armour entries to do it's own armour rebalance thing. So if you want to use the Armory's system, then load the alternate armour sytem's plugins after JSawyer.

Ahh, okay then. Makes more sense, even if it means 12 Gauge 00 Buckshot is pretty aces now.

But then again, I can't really tell what the DR values of some of the lovely people I kill without that one perk.

Edit: Oh nutterbutter I forgot to install JSawyer in the first place. Lemme just fix that real quick.

Edit2: Found a conflict: Can't use BottleThatWater for some reason.

widespread fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 24, 2015

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lazy_Liberal posted:

ok, i don't believe that this is actually fallout.

It's from Mothership Zeta. So, no.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It's from Mothership Zeta. So, no.

I'm still curious to see what mods he used because that is the first time I've seen anything about Mothership Zeta look cool.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'm still curious to see what mods he used because that is the first time I've seen anything about Mothership Zeta look cool.
uhh, i don't think i have any mods for changing how mothership zeta looks?
mothership zeta is actually one of the places where the enb looks actively worse by a ton
see:

vs

all the atmosphere and cool bloom stuff is totally lost and it's one of the big problems w/ enb stuff
generally extremely lit up areas (ultra luxe, tenpenny tower, mothership zeta apparently) go straight on fullbright. it's basically impossible to make good looking so i just let it rock 'cuz it's worth it for other stuff. as long as it's not super lit up it's fine.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ENB settings universally look like garbage to me, I don't understand the appeal of them in the slightest.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The "Default" ENB settings (ie. the ones that come with the binaries) don't look horrible and give you detailed shadows, etc.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Magmarashi posted:

ENB settings universally look like garbage to me, I don't understand the appeal of them in the slightest.

I can't even remember what ENB preset I'm using for Skyrim but it looks pretty great, I think it mainly depends on the game. The Oblivion engine is looking really loving ugly these days and the ENB presets just sort of enhance the ugliness.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
I haven't played in a long time, and have a good running (so far) modded install. The problem I'm running into is that I used a large texture pack and I run out of memory while playing. However when I try to use fnv4gb.exe, I get a pop up that the game is loading and then an immediate CTD. I can't find any troubleshooting steps anywhere. I think it may be mod related because I got the 4gb launcher working before I modded up the game...

Running Steam version of FONV with ENB and NVSE.

Any advice?

Here is my LOOT output: http://privatepaste.com/2493eeb378

and my load order: http://privatepaste.com/e21981f478

wylker fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 25, 2015

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Fortitude posted:

J.J. Abram's Mothership Zeta, coming summer 2016.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
What version of windows are you on?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Either I'm real dumb or there's something screwy in my load order. I can't get the More Complex Needs HUD to display, and I can't get the Advanced Recon eyepieces to operate. They're installed (IMCN is running and I'm cooking food and I can track my levels in the pip-boy) and the Recon mod is installed correctly (I can buy the equipment and I have energy cells for charging) but the hotkeys don't do anything.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Either I'm real dumb or there's something screwy in my load order. I can't get the More Complex Needs HUD to display, and I can't get the Advanced Recon eyepieces to operate. They're installed (IMCN is running and I'm cooking food and I can track my levels in the pip-boy) and the Recon mod is installed correctly (I can buy the equipment and I have energy cells for charging) but the hotkeys don't do anything.

Do you have UI Organizer installed? If not, do that, and make sure the elements are set to ON in the MCM, and aren't lying underneath another element.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Inco posted:

Do you have UI Organizer installed? If not, do that, and make sure the elements are set to ON in the MCM, and aren't lying underneath another element.

I do not, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Fereydun posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zwwrwt978coiag/NVBS_Desert_Scorpion_Battle_Armor.rar
NVBS05, with a scarf taken from some armor from the armor compilation thing in the OP

Does this spawn in vendor lists, or is it stuffed in a crate in, like, Doc Mitchell's place or something?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Does this spawn in vendor lists, or is it stuffed in a crate in, like, Doc Mitchell's place or something?
i think it spawns in the gun runners list or maybe randomly throughout the vendor list, it's been a long time since i used the individual plugin but i always bought it from the gun runners vendor

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Fereydun posted:

i think it spawns in the gun runners list or maybe randomly throughout the vendor list, it's been a long time since i used the individual plugin but i always bought it from the gun runners vendor

Ah, right on. Just hasn't spawned for me yet, then. I'll stick with my jeans and t-shirt 'til it does, then.

Oh, and check this out. I'm using Spice of Life for armor, so I'm using the Type 3 female body and the Robert's Male Body. I'm also using EVE. Every so often when I kill someone their armor just flies off, leaving them in just their skivvies. When it happens to a guy, well, this happens...

:stonklol:

Also, every so often when I shoot someone with a slugthrower the body burns up or explodes like I hit them with an energy weapon. It's pretty hilarious.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 25, 2015

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So, I got an ENB, installed it just fine. I ran it and wanted to make some tweaks since it crippled my framerate. I was told that ENBs and the New Vegas 4GB launcher don't get along. It worked just fine for me, except apparently I have to add -laaexe .\FalloutNV4GB.exe to my launch options. When I do this the ENB doesn't load at all. What gives?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Ah, right on. Just hasn't spawned for me yet, then. I'll stick with my jeans and t-shirt 'til it does, then.

Oh, and check this out. I'm using Spice of Life for armor, so I'm using the Type 3 female body and the Robert's Male Body. I'm also using EVE. Every so often when I kill someone their armor just flies off, leaving them in just their skivvies. When it happens to a guy, well, this happens...

:stonklol:

Also, every so often when I shoot someone with a slugthrower the body burns up or explodes like I hit them with an energy weapon. It's pretty hilarious.

You have a skeleton/skin mismatch, and/or an issue with BSA registration, or an issue with Robert's Male Body (if that's what your using) or FCO/NVR - start there.

sitchelin posted:

So, I got an ENB, installed it just fine. I ran it and wanted to make some tweaks since it crippled my framerate. I was told that ENBs and the New Vegas 4GB launcher don't get along. It worked just fine for me, except apparently I have to add -laaexe .\FalloutNV4GB.exe to my launch options. When I do this the ENB doesn't load at all. What gives?

You might have to put the d3d9.dll in the folder that creates (4gb something???)

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

SpookyLizard posted:

What version of windows are you on?

Win10

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fereydun posted:

I would love a list of your mods and your ENB so I can see what all that amazing poo poo is. The outfit looks good, the gun stance is amusing to me, that area of the mothership looks fantastic...

khy fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 26, 2015

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Besides starting OWB, is there any way to get rid of the effect that happens when your head is crippled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

It had issues when win8 came out, so check around to see if other people on win10 are having the same issues. It may need to be updated for win10 first.