Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Squallege posted:

The Bluray/DVD for Resurrection of F has a date now! It's October 20th. Funimation has a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Version which includes some of the Freeza propaganda stuff

well happy birthday to me(cause October 20th is my birthday)

-Fish- posted:

Just did a watch of World's Strongest with my kids and my girlfriend and... man the disparity in quality between the first 3 movies and everything after it is huge. World's Strongest is by far the best, but there's just so much honest to god EFFORT involved in Dead Zone, World's Strongest, and Tree of Might and so much not in almost everything after. World's Strongest had incredible animation, and the tone of the movie is so different from anything else that came out with DBZ that it hugely stands out.

I'd say Lord Slug and maybe the first Cooler movie are also pretty good, but yeah after that it dips down in quality by a lot until Fusion Reborn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Cooler 1 has the smartest mook in DBZ history, a pretty iconic villain, and the biggest proportional levels of Piccolo ownage to other character ownage. I'm good with it.

I think Cooler and Broly are the only two villains to be iconic on the level of the main series, really. If you bring up Janemba or Hatchiyak or Hirdugarn people are just gonna be confused, and even simple ones like Turles and Lord Slug get more confusion than not. But everyone knows Not Frieza and Big Screamy Man.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

The Bee posted:

Cooler 1 has the smartest mook in DBZ history, a pretty iconic villain, and the biggest proportional levels of Piccolo ownage to other character ownage. I'm good with it.

I think Cooler and Broly are the only two villains to be iconic on the level of the main series, really. If you bring up Janemba or Hatchiyak or Hirdugarn people are just gonna be confused, and even simple ones like Turles and Lord Slug get more confusion than not. But everyone knows Not Frieza and Big Screamy Man.

That's because they had some of the best character designs in all of Dragonball. Badass alien with spikes and blades everywhere and Anime Hulk, what 10-year-old boy could resist?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Rodyle posted:

I thought AoT Abridged was really terrible too :shrug:

Basically everything that isn't either Dragonball related or Hellsing really.

Controversial opinion: I really don't like anything TFS does outside of DBZA. I tried to watch one of their 'two saiyans play' lps and it was one of the worst LPs I've ever watched

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

Controversial opinion: I really don't like anything TFS does outside of DBZA. I tried to watch one of their 'two saiyans play' lps and it was one of the worst LPs I've ever watched

Their gaming stuff is real hit and miss for me, but the hits are nice. I haven't ever liked Krillin Plays or the more recent Renegade For Life stuff, but most of Xenoverse, their recent Batman stuff, their stream archives of GTA V were all pretty fun.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Is it worth buying Kai? Didn't they crop the animation cells for false widescreen during their cleanup and how much of the blood did they remove? Not that the blood thing is a huge deal but censorship of the animation rubs me the wrong way.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Tensokuu posted:

Is it worth buying Kai? Didn't they crop the animation cells for false widescreen during their cleanup and how much of the blood did they remove? Not that the blood thing is a huge deal but censorship of the animation rubs me the wrong way.

No, that's the lovely rereleases that came out earlier. Kai is good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tensokuu posted:

Kai did all of that, yes, but only for the TV release. The uncut release returns the series to the format it should have. While it still has some censorship in comparison to the original (including some truly dumb-looking things like the Makankosappo leaving Raditz and Goku with a burn instead of, you know, a hole in their stomach), it's not that important and overall the series is perfectly watchable. The dub is top-notch too, and cutting a lot of filler helps the series flow better (though Namek still drags on, some things just can't be fixed so easily).

That said, it also means no driving episode, and that is the biggest loss.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Yeah I remember seeing the Goku/Radditz thing as a screenshot and saw some mega nerds screaming about it when I first looked into picking up Kai. I'll make sure to grab it now as I've been on a DBZ kick since seeing the movie.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

That's because they had some of the best character designs in all of Dragonball. Badass alien with spikes and blades everywhere and Anime Hulk, what 10-year-old boy could resist?

really that could be said for most of the designs in movies 1-5, still really want the mooks from those movies to appear in a DB fighting game one of these days

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

I don't think that's a controversial opinion.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

facebook jihad posted:

Not controversial at all. In-character LPs are the worst.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rodyle posted:

I don't think that's a controversial opinion.

It is if they're including Hellsing Abridged. :colbert:

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
all i could think of while watching that FF7 video was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnIMigBwOOI

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Their Dragon Ball Zenoverse stuff is pretty good.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Dexo posted:

The couple of Evolve videos they put out when that game was new were also good. They're fine when they're just sort of casually messing with a game but yeah the in-character stuff is unwatchable because I don't think any of them are particularly great at ad-libbing those characters, and even if they were it would still be pretty cringey. Stuff like that makes it painfully clear that DBZA's scripts go through a lot of revision and editing before they figure out what's ACTUALLY funny and what's just something one of them said that made the other two chuckle a bit.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ekusukariba posted:

all i could think of while watching that FF7 video was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnIMigBwOOI

:sbahj: that is loving horrible

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

the only problem I have with a lot of their let's plays is how awful they are at actually playing a lot of the games they play, the Two Saiyans Play where they did Killing Floor 1 was incredibly painful to watch on every level since they both had no idea how to play at all, and were playing on a high difficulty, which lead to it not being fun to watch at all

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dexo posted:

Cause that's way more like a normal LP and not a TFS thing. You could watch it without knowing who they were and it would still be fun, unlike the in-character stuff.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

facebook jihad posted:

Agreed. I think the issue is KaiserNeko is their main funny joke writer guy and when they veer from his scripted material they start sounding like middle of the road parody video makers again. That said Hellsing Abridged was really popular and people are getting really hype for FFVII Abridged so people do seem to like what Takahata's doing too, doesn't appeal to me at all though

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Man, all the Gohan fans are going to love the new episode of Super.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

greatBigJerk posted:

Man, all the Gohan fans are going to love the new episode of Super.

I think he might have lasted longer in the actual movie.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Pretend that I just posted a gif of Videl wagging her eyebrows seductively.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Post the gif

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seconding Baal Chiefu.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I sadly do not have a gif to post. Hence why I have called upon you all to use the powers of your imagination.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Holy poo poo, even Tien lasted longer than him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was a pretty good episode despite being terribly dragged out.

Gohan is the chump of all chumps.
Even Yamcha comes across better in this.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

:sbahj: that is loving horrible

Made it through about a minute

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Aurain posted:

Considering that Yamcha slapped Beerus on the back when he arrived at the party, he's the only one of the whole group to have actually landed a proper hit.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Yamcha's been trolling everyone there the whole time. He'll probably gently caress up Oolong's one chance to shine, too.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I thought that we were actually going to get a good Gohan fight scene even though he was outclassed completely but now it sounds like you guys are saying he gets instantly chumped.

How lame

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Stallion Cabana posted:

I thought that we were actually going to get a good Gohan fight scene even though he was outclassed completely but now it sounds like you guys are saying he gets instantly chumped.

How lame

Chumped so hard that Beerus doesn't even touch him

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Gohan is now considered to be in the same tier as Yamcha. It's wonderful.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Aurain posted:

Dragged out, and unfortunately, to no real gain compared to the movie version. The only people to get even a slightly better showing end up doing stock footage fisticuffs for a minute, and then they're down for the count. And yeah, Gohan chumps even harder.

Two interesting things though:
1) It seems like they're maybe gonna treat Krillin's return to fighting as kinda important? Like, his scene here was framed opposite to what happened in RoF.
2) Dende can actually sense Beerus and so may be important as well?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Well, Dende is God of Earth. He has a place in the celestial bureaucracy, it presumably comes with SOME perks.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Tien can grow two extra arms :wtc:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Farecoal posted:

Tien can grow two extra arms :wtc:

He's been able to do that since Dragon Ball

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Stallion Cabana posted:

That's what I'm watching right now.

I've never seen him do it in DBZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

He's watching Dragon Ball for the first time.

Now that I think about it...

One extra eye
Two extra arms
Three extra bodies

• Locked thread