Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
IDK, we are going keeper, but I really think I need Luck or Rodgers since it is 12 teams and TDPs are worth 6. They won't hit the market again while they are useful. So now is my only chance. Otherwise I am going Brady and Bridgewater or Bradford, he shouldn't die in the first 4 games, keyword: shouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Reggie Wayne is taking a physical with the Pats.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Michael Corleone posted:

Kind of want to get ADP and Brady and ride their "F U" seasons.

I got the 1/12 slot in my big money league and I'm absolutely taking Peterson 1.1

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
That makes some historical sense. But, is the patriots offense going to be any better than last year? Lafell as the #1 wr doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me.

Edit: aaaaannnddd reggie wayne is taking a physical. That would help a little.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mr. BT posted:

Do any of the BeerSheets account for return yardage?

Nope. Most people don't project it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

packsmack posted:

That makes some historical sense. But, is the patriots offense going to be any better than last year? Lafell as the #1 wr doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me.

That's because effectively it's Gronk.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm starting to see this Wheaton hype Pittsburgh is thumping.

As a Martavis owner this worries me.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
That is why I am also high on Big Ben, very high.

Basically

Luck/Rodgers
Big Ben
Brady w/ Bridgewater or Bradford
Wait and get F'ed

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
Gronk is a great option. Lafell and Edelman are decent, but I don't know if I can trust them to carry the bulk of the receiving yards. I really like the value that you can get for Brady in some leagues. He just has to drop far enough in my opinion.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Michael Corleone posted:

That is why I am also high on Big Ben, very high.

Basically

Luck/Rodgers
Big Ben
Brady w/ Bridgewater or Bradford
Wait and get F'ed

Carson Palmer is also a solid option to pair with Brady.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm starting to see this Wheaton hype Pittsburgh is thumping.

As a Martavis owner this worries me.

I was never as high on Martavis as everybody else seems to be, but he's a good player and a huge redzone threat that just needs time to learn the offense. Long term you'll probably be fine, but Wheaton will likely see plenty of the field this season.

Actually I think what I'm saying is that Martavis is a great dynasty stash but I'm not touching him at his redraft ADP.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

Spoeank posted:

Carson Palmer is also a solid option to pair with Brady.

I only would shy away from Palmer only because he'll have to face the Rams and Seahawks twice. And those divisional games are just bloody.

At the right adp though, I'd take him over the Cutlers and RG3s of the world.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

LmaoTheKid posted:

Reggie Wayne is taking a physical with the Pats.

Ron Rivera and Cam Newton should be furiously sucking Reggie's dick right about now

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

IDK, we are going keeper, but I really think I need Luck or Rodgers since it is 12 teams and TDPs are worth 6. They won't hit the market again while they are useful. So now is my only chance. Otherwise I am going Brady and Bridgewater or Bradford, he shouldn't die in the first 4 games, keyword: shouldn't.

You could say the same thing about any top tier guy with at least a few top tier years left. Lacy, Dez, etc etc won't hit the market again while they are useful!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Ya, this isn't the NFL, I don't NEED a Franchise QB. But if they fall far in the first or into my 2nd round pick I am down.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

I was never as high on Martavis as everybody else seems to be, but he's a good player and a huge redzone threat that just needs time to learn the offense. Long term you'll probably be fine, but Wheaton will likely see plenty of the field this season.

Actually I think what I'm saying is that Martavis is a great dynasty stash but I'm not touching him at his redraft ADP.

I have him in dynasty so your opinion is a bit reassuring, but I was hoping to see an uptick in his snaps over last year, and I'm not sure that happens now.

Also I traded Markus Wheaton (and Cody Layover) at the beginning of last season for Jeremy Hill, so was hoping they'd be busts haha.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Well, Maurkice Pouncey just got carted off so strap in for another season of Ben running for his life

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jordy with a possible leg injury from non-contact :ohdear:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Reggie Wayne is Done with a capital D. We don't even know if he'll pass the physical. Pass.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Jordy with a possible leg injury from non-contact :ohdear:

Jogged off with a slight limp, it's probably nothing. Apparently there was a fake Rappaport twitter account that was saying the Packers fear structural knee damage, but there's no evidence of that being true.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Jogged off with a slight limp, it's probably nothing. Apparently there was a fake Rappaport twitter account that was saying the Packers fear structural knee damage, but there's no evidence of that being true.

you rang

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The initial diagnosis on #Packers WR Jordy Nelson is a torn ACL, source said. Horrible news. Awaiting MRI results to confirm.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Poonerman posted:

you rang

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The initial diagnosis on #Packers WR Jordy Nelson is a torn ACL, source said. Horrible news. Awaiting MRI results to confirm.

Well poo poo :ohdear:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:rip: Jordy. I guess Jeff Janis will be a thing now.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hate to see that anytime, but before the real games start really sucks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Godammit Jordy :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Poonerman posted:

you rang

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

drat

Drafted yesterday got cobb :getin:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
First draft is tonight that shakes things up a bit. Terrible news, i love jordy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
On second thought, I'd rather have Davante Adams than Janis

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Poonerman posted:

you rang

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Wait, is this true or fake? I passed on Cobb for Jeffery thinking Nelson would steal volume all year. Boo.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Wow, that's a big hit to the Packers. Davante has got to see a big bump from this. Their TEs don't inspire me much, though.

It's been tweeted by @nfl too so...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Of Adams can learn to hold onto the ball he should be pretty good.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

It just got reported on NFL.Com that initial fears are ACL tear.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I see people suggesting Ty Montgomery is the one to watch- 3rd rounder this year out of Stanford.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Can you have 3 commissioners in Yahoo? Or 2 for that matter? Or ESPN, starting a new league with some buddies.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
J :(rdy

I loved getting his out-of-nowhere 60-yard TDs every other week last season.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
My Davante Adams pick up is looking better at least.

Poor Jordy. :(

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

LOL we just drafted earlier today and my brother was still insistent on drafting an all white team after his experience with Adrian Peterson last year, this is what he did, and he deserves the loving punishment

QB: Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer
RB: Ryan Mathews, Danny Woodhead, Toby Gerhart, Roy Helu
WR: Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker, Cole Beasley, Cody Latimer, Brian Hartline
TE: Greg Olsen, Zach Ertz

took Jordy Nelson with his first pick lmfao, he wanted to then take Aaron Rodgers #2 but someone else blocked him from that

Varg fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 23, 2015

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Where does Cobb go in .5 PPR now? Was eyeing him early third, but I have to use a second on him if I want him now, right? Draft in an hour

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Miko posted:

I only would shy away from Palmer only because he'll have to face the Rams and Seahawks twice. And those divisional games are just bloody.

At the right adp though, I'd take him over the Cutlers and RG3s of the world.

Brady is back week six after the Pats bye. Hell you could cut Palmer when Brady comes back. That's why I posted his first 5 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Varg posted:

my brother was still insistent on drafting an all white team after his experience with Adrian Peterson last year

Wait what

• Locked thread