Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Farecoal posted:

That's what I'm watching right now.

I've never seen him do it in DBZ

That's because after that first time, he never does it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

It would be pretty useful. He could go hand to hand with two arms and fire the tribeam at the same time. He could grab his opponent and then hit them with point blank ki attacks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Machai posted:

It would be pretty useful. He could go hand to hand with two arms and fire the tribeam at the same time. He could grab his opponent and then hit them with point blank ki attacks.

Toriyama Forgot (tm)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Some Numbers posted:

Toriyama Forgot (tm)

Heck Goku manages to grow six arms. Eight Kamehamehas at once?

But nope :911:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Farecoal posted:

Heck Goku manages to grow six arms. Eight Kamehamehas at once?

But nope :911:

That one was a trick stolen from King Chappa. Ten's was the real deal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
good to know super continues to be actively worse than BoG

I wonder if the show will get better when its not chained down to being a less talentedly directed low budget retelling of the movies or if this is it, just bursts of good comedy surrounded by terrible

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Machai posted:

The Four Witches Technique is already in my game but gently caress me I gotta figure out how to implement that sort of thing mechanically because I want people to be able to do that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
did they really replace the cool chopstick fight bit with "Beerus shoots wind and everyone falls over"

amazing

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
oh hey that special in Multiverse is over and oh come on

well, at least art seems to be better this time around

Christ, that faux-early Dragon Ball style was not great. Like, better than the Bojack special, but only just.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Christ, that faux-early Dragon Ball style was not great. Like, better than the Bojack special, but only just.
Felt like it got worse as it went on, much like the writing. Cooler should be better, though.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

StrifeHira posted:

To be fair, they did say what was going to happen on the homepage.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gohan got knocked out by being hit once by a big squishy bubble gum man's body.

I just want to emphasise that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Aurain posted:

Gohan is a piece of poo poo that doesn't train. He will not be the super cool fight man ever again. He gave up achieving self-perfection through martial arts and cannot even protect his own family.

A Shameful Punch Man.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aurain posted:

do you mean when buu melted his face off with a ki beam?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Spiritus Nox posted:

Felt like it got worse as it went on, much like the writing. Cooler should be better, though.

Agreed, the last special was crap; but what universe is this one going to be from? Guessing the universe where Freeza destroyed Namek, but that one seemed to resolve itself, with all of the people on Namek getting wasted.

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
After having watched the Resurrection of F film.. with the world being blown up, had it not been for the time traveling ability of Weiss , why don't the Z warriors keep a better lock on the Dragon Balls? Collect all of them and hide them in Kami's lookout, if that thing wasn't destroyed? The have the potential to destroy the planet on their own, when collected. Collect the Dragon Balls and wish Beerus out of existence.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LolitaSama posted:

Collect the Dragon Balls and wish Beerus out of existence.

Shenron couldn't even wish saiyan saga vegeta out of existence

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Dragon Ball Online private servers are up in closed beta http://dboglobal.com/

Not gonna lie, strongly tempted to pick up the $20 Founder Pack to give this thing a go. Anything that gives me more CaC gameplay is worth it to me.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hoarding the Dragon Balls sounds like an extremely dick move. Maybe someone wants to collect them and not use them for evil sometime.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

facebook jihad posted:

Hoarding the Dragon Balls sounds like an extremely dick move. Maybe someone wants to collect them and not use them for evil sometime.

You say that as if Bulma doesn't keep those fuckers locked up in a safe for her own personal use.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
In Super Bulma has them locked up on her ship, in Dragon Ball radiation shielding.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cozz posted:

In Super Bulma has them locked up on her ship, in Dragon Ball radiation shielding.

It's the same thing in Battle of Gods, but it's just a bingo prize.

Also Beerus owns.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
movie beerus owns

tv beerus is a gigantic step down

it feels like they want to make him more menacing and in the process it's losing a lot of the charm of toriyama's version

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

You realize Super is still Toriyama right?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

You realize Super is still Toriyama right?

allegedly

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Like I'm really okay with them speeding up the movie retellings because it means there's more episodes for actual new stuff

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

LolitaSama posted:

After having watched the Resurrection of F film.. with the world being blown up, had it not been for the time traveling ability of Weiss , why don't the Z warriors keep a better lock on the Dragon Balls? Collect all of them and hide them in Kami's lookout, if that thing wasn't destroyed? The have the potential to destroy the planet on their own, when collected. Collect the Dragon Balls and wish Beerus out of existence.

I don't know where it's mentioned but you can't use the dragon balls to directly affect someone else (without their permission). It's pretty murky but remember at one point Goku refused to be wished to Earth. Again, I don't know the specifics because I can't explain how all the people from Namek got moved to Earth without their permission, they didn't seem to know why it happened.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

yes exactly

his involvement with this specific part of the show is vague and unclear, at best, other than a general "Story" credit

we know he's doing designs and plotting out stuff for the new content but he's not a credited writer on any of these episodes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's going to be like 50 episodes of Super after they're done with retelling the film, at worst

like drat guys, you sure you actually watched DBZ before

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cozz posted:

Oh. Haven't watched super. Well, Bulma's a dick I guess.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Gohan is a piece of poo poo that doesn't train. He will not be the super cool fight man ever again. He gave up achieving self-perfection through martial arts and cannot even protect his own family.

A Shameful Punch Man.

CAN Gohan even train to get stronger? Because of the Old Kai's upgrade, isn't Gohan that strongest he can ever be now (baring something liking gaining God Ki)?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tae posted:

There's going to be like 50 episodes of Super after they're done with retelling the film, at worst

The initial announcement was like 100-200 episodes

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

CAN Gohan even train to get stronger? Because of the Old Kai's upgrade, isn't Gohan that strongest he can ever be now (baring something liking gaining God Ki)?

He's gotten weak from basically muscle atrophy. He can get back to how strong he was, but right now? He's weaker.

Besides, he's had his "potential unlocked" like twice or something.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

that has nothing to do with it being bad, right now, in this moment

maybe it'll pick up, or maybe it'll just be bad the whole way through

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

They've specifically stated he's gotten weaker because he's slacked in keeping his training up. The kid's not at 100% anymore.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think a lot of people forget that unlocking your potential can wear off if you don't maintain it. It's simple muscle atrophy. Gohan isn't the fighter he used to be, won't ever be again, and doesn't really want to be anyway.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Gohan will have a Vegeta moment when the villain hits Videl but instead of hurting the villain he'll just break his fist on the guy's face. After that he'll sink into a deep depression and alcoholism. He'll be the wacky drunk joke character for the rest of the show. In the last arc of the show there will be a scene of Yamcha telling Gohan to stay out of the battle because it's too dangerous for him before he flies off to do battle leaving Gohan behind.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jimbot posted:

In the last arc of the show there will be a scene of Yamcha telling Gohan to stay out of the battle because it's too dangerous for him before he flies off to do battle leaving Gohan behind.

lmbo

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

-Fish- posted:

Dragon Ball Online private servers are up in closed beta http://dboglobal.com/

Not gonna lie, strongly tempted to pick up the $20 Founder Pack to give this thing a go. Anything that gives me more CaC gameplay is worth it to me.

Is this an authorized revival or a fan-effort? I don't want to pay cash money to get something that will inevitably get shut down by copyright claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I prefer Gohan having a nice life where he doesn't have to worry about being the strongest. We already got that Gohan. He lost an arm and got murdered by the Androids.

• Locked thread