Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i actually had an autohotkey binding set up for my sprint key that did yells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so i pretty much never didnt yell

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
i wonder if you could autohotkey a thing where whenever you left click it triggers some kf2 yelling as well as your shooting

itd make pubs so mad when youre spamming nonstop all game

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Magres posted:

we can do it FOR AGATHAAAAAAAA

i really really hope the knight shouts goofy chivalry lines, it's so fun to spam them

Everyone's got different lines now so if the knight doesn't literally have "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" as onemost of his lines, Tripwire will have seriously dropped the ball.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
they could also make him really over the top nerdy larp guy and itd be really good too

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
lol where's that goon who wrote pages of posts about other people using his golden rugby stick in TF2, he'd have a conniption over this.

Nickiepoo posted:

Bitcoin pedophile puppetmaster Star Citizen funder

Mods rename me this tia

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I can't wait until the patch is out so I can beat my meat and then light it on fire

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Magres posted:

they could also make him really over the top nerdy larp guy and itd be really good too

Forsooth! Fie upon thee, vilesome undead! For the strength of civilization shall rebuff your advance, and reclaim for itself its ancient grounds!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Well, looks like my assumptions about it being a crovel reskin were wrong.

But that wasn't the important thing. The important thing remains the quality of YELLINGS.

Drakes posted:

It kinda works the other way, if you're not using the OP crap its the spergs that'll bitch you out when something goes wrong. Yup even in a cooperative game :v:.

Yeah. "Why didn't you learn to stunlock a Scrake with a Fireaxe you trash newb?" and "Oh my god why didn't you switch to X perk for the boss and buy Y weapon like the rest of us?" (While still being ready to flip the gently caress out if you switch to support and pick up one of the three AA12's on the ground, while everyone else already has an AA12)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but yea gently caress those nerds i play killing floor to kill zombies and if our team is bad enough they have to switch perks on the boss to win then we shouldnt have won

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I think the most important thing I am looking forward too is that the Commando will now have, at lvl25, 85% damage bonus with pistols using back up (class bonus stacks with ability, right?), and you get dual pistols. Gunslinger preview? I'm thinking the Gunslingers got to have some immense bonuses to be competitive with the Commando.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If you want the Chivalry stuff for KF2 and a good game. The Chivalry 4 pack is on sale at GMG for $12 with code GRAB20-PEROFF-NOWGMG.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/indie/chivalry-4-pack/#b

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Please take a breath and remind yourself that it's early access and a lot of us spoke in stupid overblown terms about NEEDING IT NOW I DONT CARE WHAT IT IS. Remind yourself don't buy Early Access. Early Access means unfinished games. The Unwashed Masses do not know how game development works and so cannot demand content Whenever.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Nope. Thus why some of us are inclined to be critical.

Tripwire: When you want your games to be good a year after release.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FaustianQ posted:

I think the most important thing I am looking forward too is that the Commando will now have, at lvl25, 85% damage bonus with pistols using back up (class bonus stacks with ability, right?), and you get dual pistols. Gunslinger preview? I'm thinking the Gunslingers got to have some immense bonuses to be competitive with the Commando.

Alas, their passive bonus does not apply to their 9MM or Knife. Also, when killing stalkers with the 9mm or Knife, you do not get the extra additional "Kill stalkers with commando weapons" experience, even with backup talent active. And Backup only buffs 9mm and knife, not all pistols (Unless that's getting changed too and I didn't notice?).

The main benefit of the Backup Talent, both now and later, is that it will let you kill trash (Gorefasts and weaker) with a single headshot on Hard+ with either the 9mm, or even the Knife M1 basic swing. gently caress yeah decapitating 9+ enemies with the knife during zed time. It's not going to turn your 15 default damage pistols into scrake and fleshpound killing machines.

For more useless factoids about experience gains on weapon kill. Did you know that killing things by melee bashing them to death with nothing but the Syringe or Welder doesn't get you any experience?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 22, 2015

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Section Z posted:

Alas, their passive bonus does not apply to their 9MM or Knife. Also, when killing stalkers with the 9mm or Knife, you do not get the extra additional "Kill stalkers with commando weapons" experience, even with backup talent active. And Backup only buffs 9mm and knife, not all pistols (Unless that's getting changed too and I didn't notice?).

The main benefit of the Backup Talent, both now and later, is that it will let you kill trash (Gorefasts and weaker) with a single headshot on Hard+ with either the 9mm, or even the Knife M1 basic swing. gently caress yeah decapitating 9+ enemies with the knife during zed time. It's not going to turn your 15 default damage pistols into scrake and fleshpound killing machines.

For more useless factoids about experience gains on weapon kill. Did you know that killing things by melee bashing them to death with nothing but the Syringe or Welder doesn't get you any experience?

Weird, even an 85% bonus would only have the pistol deal 28 damage, which while a huge gain doesn't seem to be overpowered. I honestly wouldn't mind it if the Commando could offlcass better than most other classes, but not overshadow them. Like, a general buff to all weapons as a class feature, then something like back up allows the Commando to be decent with the Gunslingers stuff, Singlefire and Autofire not as class specific but based on the weapon (so a Singlefire boosts an M14, Autofire boosts an AA12, etc). But he'll never be as good as the primary class - a Commando isn't going to get the massive headshot bonus a Sharps would, a Commando has no penetration bonus with a shotgun (and we know how bad that is). I could see the Commando being the flexible, trash clearing class that can kindof replace another class as well. Is nearly generic shootmans anyway, go whole hog.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

blablablabla posted:

Tripwire: When you want your games to be good a year after release.

See also: Firaxis. :v:

But, honestly developers that keep working on their products to improve them are my favorites and get a lot of benefit of the doubt from me.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FaustianQ posted:

Weird, even an 85% bonus would only have the pistol deal 28 damage, which while a huge gain doesn't seem to be overpowered. I honestly wouldn't mind it if the Commando could offlcass better than most other classes, but not overshadow them. Like, a general buff to all weapons as a class feature, then something like back up allows the Commando to be decent with the Gunslingers stuff, Singlefire and Autofire not as class specific but based on the weapon (so a Singlefire boosts an M14, Autofire boosts an AA12, etc). But he'll never be as good as the primary class - a Commando isn't going to get the massive headshot bonus a Sharps would, a Commando has no penetration bonus with a shotgun (and we know how bad that is). I could see the Commando being the flexible, trash clearing class that can kindof replace another class as well. Is nearly generic shootmans anyway, go whole hog.

Honestly, my bigger worry is that Gunslinger might not get any passive benefits to their 9mm. As for passive applying to everything, the Commando damage passive is just as large as the Support passive for example. So if Commando's passive applied to everything then they'd deal just as much damage with the AA12 as the support (No bonus penetration, but hardly matters against Hans).

I can understand the passive benefits for Commando not applying to their tiny pistol, and only their rifles (But they should get bonus exp for killing stalkers with 9mm and the knife, especially if they get a talent for them). But if the "Pistols" class still needs two headshots to kill a clot with a pistol, it'd feel much more silly.

But I expect more people will be upset if the Sharp's headshot bonus doesn't apply to their 9mm because "But I NEED the EZ no weight or dosh trash clear between bragging about how fast I kill scrakes"

EDIT: While the idea is cool, and I find myself actualy liking Commando this time around? I don't like the idea of passive benefits with other perk's weapons. We already got people playing other perks to to "Zerker" when they don't even get melee bonuses, for example. Regardless of the upcoming zerk rework.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 22, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I honestly wonder what the Gunslinger's tier 1 weapon will be. Will they just give him the 9mm and apply the buffs, or a unique version with a longer mag or is dual-wielded? I mean they can't give him both a normal 9mm and a dual 9mm since that would be silly. You end up with two (well, three) weapons that share the same ammo but have separate ammo pools, or you end up with an inferior "why am I even using this?" version of the weapon with the same ammo pool.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Alkydere posted:

See also: Firaxis. :v:

This would be an apt comparison if I had to pay another $30 to make KF2 playable. :v:

Also Tripwire was mostly reasonable with the KF1 dlc but towards the end of its life (like, after several years of good free+paid content) it got a little stupid with "NEON GUN PACK" and stuff like the steampunk tommy gun just being the tommy gun but with a massively bigger drum capacity. Also that weird thing where they made the old lovely skins cost as much as the new higher-quality skins, but going from 4 to 8 bux is hardly highway robbery.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

T1 Gunslinger should be something like dual M1911s or Bren Tens, lots more punch but not much improvement on capacity compared to the starter pistol. T2 could be .44 mag revolvers, massive more punch but way worse mag cap. T3 could be a cut down lever action shotguns. I have no idea where to go on T4 because we're talking pistols mostly, maybe some Horzine thing where it's a rapid shooting laser but you can hold and charge a shot megaman style. Maybe block is replaced with a kind of dodge and the gunslinger ends up really good at kiting, but not necessarily bringing the big guys down.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

FaustianQ posted:

I have no idea where to go on T4 because we're talking pistols mostly,

+

=

:clint:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Eonwe posted:

They should probably not take their zombie killing simulator with Christian metal blaring in the background so seriously
You don't mute the music and put on Rob Zombie or Hotline Miami?

Magres posted:

Give me a way to do the Dark Souls two-handed leap attack, complete with smashing dudes to the ground. The DS1 Zweihander, in particular, was the most satisfying thing to use.

Give me DLC with the mask and I will play nothing but Berzerker forever.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

You don't mute the music and put on Rob Zombie or Hotline Miami?

Give me DLC with the mask and I will play nothing but Berzerker forever.

:swoon:

FaustianQ posted:

T1 Gunslinger should be something like dual M1911s or Bren Tens, lots more punch but not much improvement on capacity compared to the starter pistol. T2 could be .44 mag revolvers, massive more punch but way worse mag cap. T3 could be a cut down lever action shotguns. I have no idea where to go on T4 because we're talking pistols mostly, maybe some Horzine thing where it's a rapid shooting laser but you can hold and charge a shot megaman style. Maybe block is replaced with a kind of dodge and the gunslinger ends up really good at kiting, but not necessarily bringing the big guys down.

Megabuster on the gunslinger would be amazing

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Gunslinger doesn't necessarily require hand cannons since having something like the S&W 500 steps on Sharpshooter's toes. I never played as one in the brief time I tried KF1 but video game pistol vs. rifle balance leaves me without any good ideas on how to build the class.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Shumagorath posted:

Gunslinger doesn't necessarily require hand cannons since having something like the S&W 500 steps on Sharpshooter's toes. I never played as one in the brief time I tried KF1 but video game pistol vs. rifle balance leaves me without any good ideas on how to build the class.

Well according to some people the Steam forums, it would be to give the Gunslinger a 100%-500% headshot multiplier, and an aura that grants headshot multipliers to teammates... Wait, isn't the top sharpshooter multiplier in KF1 only 2.5x-oh right steam forums :downs:

Some of my gimmick hopes are at least, fast weapon switching between perk pistols, and always fast ADS with perk pistols. It's a bitch when you switch to another gun, and trying to aim that soon after a weapon switch makes your sight wobble around like a drunk instead of the usual quickzoom. Not exactly killing power benefits, but definitely something practical.

The Jumpoff posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing Gunslinger get machine pistols like the G-18's and also having a passive rate of fire boost. The idea of a pistol based class really screams "ultimate trash mob clearer".

Robocop will clean up the streets of France.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 22, 2015

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I wouldn't mind seeing Gunslinger get machine pistols like the G-18's and also having a passive rate of fire boost. The idea of a pistol based class really screams "ultimate trash mob clearer".

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Geight posted:

This would be an apt comparison if I had to pay another $30 to make KF2 playable. :v:

Also Tripwire was mostly reasonable with the KF1 dlc but towards the end of its life (like, after several years of good free+paid content) it got a little stupid with "NEON GUN PACK" and stuff like the steampunk tommy gun just being the tommy gun but with a massively bigger drum capacity. Also that weird thing where they made the old lovely skins cost as much as the new higher-quality skins, but going from 4 to 8 bux is hardly highway robbery.

No highway robbery was what I paid for RO2

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

blablablabla posted:

No highway robbery was what I paid for RO2

Yeah, same.

Also sort of an awkward thought that sprang up from telling my buddy about the new KF2 characters - Do you think the thawed-out German soldier guy is like, still a Nazi? Will he kill all the zeds and then go on to do Nazi things?

Geight fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 22, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Alkydere posted:

I honestly wonder what the Gunslinger's tier 1 weapon will be. Will they just give him the 9mm and apply the buffs, or a unique version with a longer mag or is dual-wielded? I mean they can't give him both a normal 9mm and a dual 9mm since that would be silly. You end up with two (well, three) weapons that share the same ammo but have separate ammo pools, or you end up with an inferior "why am I even using this?" version of the weapon with the same ammo pool.

I figure the Tier 1 gun will be the Revolver, Tier 2 some sort of machine pistol(like transplant the MAC-10 over to them), and Tier 3 & 4 will be some sort of Stupidly Huge Pistol meant for killing bears & rhinos and a gimmicky Horzine pistol of some sort(which tier each would be in is another thing entirely)

Come to think about it, what sort of Melee weapon and Grenade would the Gunslinger have anyways?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

They will crossover with E.Y.E. and add the motherfucking Bear-Killer Pistol as the Tier 4 gunslinger weapon. If you dual-wield it you fly backwards.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Sounds like the gun I mentioned earlier.

It has better muzzle energy than most Sharpshooter weapons (though certainly not all) which is why the class doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me if they go for high-calibre pistols.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 22, 2015

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ZearothK posted:

They will crossover with E.Y.E. and add the motherfucking Bear-Killer Pistol as the Tier 4 gunslinger weapon. If you dual-wield it you fly backwards.
I really, really hope they do this. That gun was a goddamn godsend.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Sharpshooter is no longer sniper weapons AND pistols. So, why wouldn't gunslinger get hand cannons?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Because then you effectively have two classes with the same gameplay except one gets a scope. Maybe I'm wrong but pistol vs. rifle balance in games has always been bad (Uncharted being the worst by far) and I don't expect that to change here.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Shumagorath posted:

Because then you effectively have two classes with the same gameplay except one gets a scope. Maybe I'm wrong but pistol vs. rifle balance in games has always been bad (Uncharted being the worst by far) and I don't expect that to change here.

The only similarity that they share is that they're both guns and semiautomatic, as far as I can see. The pistols fire faster, do less damage, and don't have a scope.

Is a Commando just a Sharpshooter who can hold his finger down?

Is the Flamethrower just a Sharpshooter with a splash damage perk?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I mean, just having an +damage to pistols bonus on the perk is enough to differentiate them in an :effort: way. Maybe Gunslingers will be trash cleaners like Commandos and Sharpshooters will kill the big targets just like demo, but people who like pistols more than rifles and rifles more than explosives will go to one or the other.

Or maybe TWI has something in mind, like a new gameplay system, to further differentiate them.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Dual Wielding and Bouncing Shots would be nice enough really. Gunslingers clean trash - with a twist (the twist is shooting around corners).

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
That would require them to persist around corners if no player is there first.

edit: Just so it is clear: I'm ragging on the very loose teleportation of zeds the game loves to do at the drop of a hat. I'm well aware zeds can be around corners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Shumagorath posted:

It can depend on how close you hold to "Realism"

I'd take Pistols over assault, and even sniper rifles any day in Mass Effect... part 1. Oh my double scram rail dirty harry pistol. Seven shots, more than enough to kill any Geth that moves.

Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall/etc, Assault Rifles are still admittedly more overall powerful. But Once your pistol skills got up there it was pretty sweet. "Okay, this turn I'm going to double tap, chainshot three different targets, then use the burst fire." Though, you know, turn based game vs FPS.

KF has the unfortunate situation, when it comes to "stereotypical" players for the Gunslinger. If they were still Sharpshooter toys, people would scream they were garbage if they couldn't solo a HoE fleshpound with a single mag of dual wielded whatever. Now that they aren't sharpshooter toys, if they are merely strong enough to be competitive, those same people will flip their poo poo over that not being "realistic" for pistols to be that good.

EDIT: I admit I want to slap people who cite 'realism' or 'immersion' with no bearing on gameplay. You know, the sort of people who hate the static weapon prices of KF2 because trying to work out the wiki's worth of sliding scale prices in KF1 to give teammates dosh for "encouraged roleplay" (wish I was making up that example, but damnit steam forums).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 24, 2015