Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
What is the third item?

Nevermind, mount whistle. That is something to strive for, oh man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Doublestep posted:

drat do you have that bookmarked

It's the top search result if you search for Fastest Wipe in the West.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving congrats man.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Haha, grats fellow Gilgamesh friend! Miu is blowing up the LS with happiness.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Chyea posted:

Fight is absurd. We've never maximized to the level we had to do for this week.

Dropped Healer Chest/WHM Cane/Gobdip/Shielding/and a single Mount Whistle.

The singular eye of smolenkos looks upon you with joy. And lust.

Hail Satan.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
holy god drat congrats :toot:

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Was the mount whistle in a separate chest or in with one of the others?Redacted as there are obviously two chests and I was blind with excitement for cool dudes doing a cool thing.

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 24, 2015

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

Chyea posted:

A4S Down.

World First.

Hands shaking....

SS later....

Grats! I've been watching Miunih's twitter and it was like a descent into madness then apathy.
You guys probably need a break now :P

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Chyea posted:

Do your chocobo quest casual.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

Whizbang posted:

Do your chocobo quest casual.

That's my alt DRG, it hasn't even cleared Garuda Extreme.

MNK is a great class but Savage needed every ounce of optimization we could get so I had to play DRG throughout this tier.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Chyea posted:

MNK is a great class but Savage needed every ounce of optimization we could get so I had to play DRG throughout this tier.
explain why BRD over MCH for optimizations?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Chyea posted:

MNK feels pretty left behind now. DRK taking care of int down kinda removes our main/only unique use for raids too.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

ilifinicus posted:

explain why BRD over MCH for optimizations?

BRD is better for A4S. Not going to delve into mechanic specifics but things are more favorable for the bow wizard.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Chyea posted:

BRD is better for A4S. Not going to delve into mechanic specifics but things are more favorable for the bow wizard.
that hard to kill the faust without turret-chan huh

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

ilifinicus posted:

that hard to kill the faust without turret-chan huh

Our Warrior solos the quarantine mob, we take that time to regen TP.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Miu Nih, after several weeks of troubling and concerning tweets, suddenly best equipped WHM in the game.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Chyea posted:

please take pics of the gobwalker

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kuvo posted:

please take pics of the gobwalker

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
raid roulette when. i never got my gloves of light for my stupid glamour and nobody loving does these anymore

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Yeah a nin, I feel represented!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vladimir Putin: Your bear to lala ratio is good
Vladimir Putin: but could be better

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How full are the Excal FCs? Kind of want to transfer soon, but trying to talk a couple friends into transferring with me (like, 1-3 of them). We've been wanting to start running savage, but we end up having to run with pubs as half our group for everything and hard to find people lately on our server.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TPT is about half full at the moment and afaik they aren't actively purging members from PBC or DGKK right now so come on over and join up. Plus there are tons of cross-FC linkshells to join up to.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Chyea posted:

Our Warrior solos the quarantine mob, we take that time to regen TP.
great illustration of why I dropped MNK since bye stacks :(

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Yeah, if you're worried about not enough people in the FCs just remember that you had to say "FCs" as in plural due to running into the 512-player limit multiple times

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sentient Data posted:

Yeah, if you're worried about not enough people in the FCs just remember that you had to say "FCs" as in plural due to running into the 512-player limit multiple times

Well, wasn't worried about not enough people, concern was more "is there enough open room that I could sponsor a couple non-goons in one?"

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Chyea posted:

Holy poo poo congrats!

Any chance of a video soon? I really want to see Savage Robot Photoboth Death Arena :allears:

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

Boten Anna posted:

Holy poo poo congrats!

Any chance of a video soon? I really want to see Savage Robot Photoboth Death Arena :allears:

Video will be out when five other groups kill it.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Chyea posted:

Video will be out when five other groups kill it.

If this is serious, why the wait?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'd assume to not leak strategies, but world first is world first so :iiam:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

kafziel posted:

I think it's so no one's putting out what is effectively a guide to how a successful clear goes before the other groups working on it have a chance for their own first clear. So mostly just a respect thing for the other progression guilds who are close to clearing.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

kafziel posted:

It gives time for the other groups to refine their strategy without outside help. Most of the progression raiders in this game are in it for the puzzle solving and interfering with that process isn't something we want to do.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

There's no video of the fight but there's this audio of the tail end and it's just wonderful.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

kafziel posted:

the false and utterly worthless ideal of ~raiders' honor~

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chyea posted:

A4S Down.

World First.

Hands shaking....

SS later....

Good job!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dukka posted:

Some people enjoy figuring things out for themselves.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Welp, gave an A1S PF group a shot tonight and that's probably the fastest I've ever changed my mind from "I think I'm pretty okay at this game, I could probably clear A1S" to "Haha nope I'm entirely fine with being a casual." We got past Faust, but oh man there's so much poo poo going on during Oppressor. Maybe if I wasn't on a PS3 it'd be a bit better but as is I don't plan to take another swing at that, ever.

I don't blame you there. Alexander Savage + increasing real life obligations for many of our members pretty much destroyed our static (and we have been raiding since the first months of First Coil). Alex Savage is no joke and it literally requires everyone to be on their A game in all facets of their role, at least for the moment.

But it sucks, because now I'm at the point where the only thing I was doing for the past few months was raiding and now most of my motivation to continue in the game is gone. Like a terrible high school relationship, the first static breakup is always supposed to go this badly, right?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dukka posted:

He already posted why:

Chyea posted:

It gives time for the other groups to refine their strategy without outside help. Most of the progression raiders in this game are in it for the puzzle solving and interfering with that process isn't something we want to do.

And that seems more than reasonable to me. Considerate, even :shrug:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dukka posted:

drat those funhaters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mexicat posted:

raid roulette when. i never got my gloves of light for my stupid glamour and nobody loving does these anymore

Yeah, I'm hoping when the new 24 person thing hits we can unsync and do the old 24 person stuff without a full group.

• Locked thread