Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Unguided posted:

Will neverending disco work on fleet holdings or do the maps reset when no one's there? Xtern1ty could use some disco.
This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I logged in today and it put me straight into ESD 7. Sometimes everything just manages to come together perfectly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So it would require leaving someone there with an afk script?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
ESD #12 and New Romulus staging area has now been liberated!

Unguided posted:

So it would require leaving someone there with an afk script?
That's correct.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Very nice disco disperal patterns on Drozana tonight. Stuck in it from the moment you beam down. :golfclap:

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
With no soul left at Quark's, the disco had no choice but to spread.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201183/subspace-party-amplifier-stuck-on-vlugta-mine/p2 monkeybone13 posted:

DS9 instance #1. Somehow 2 party amplifiers are right on top of each other right at the beam in point. It hurts my eyes to see this after entering the station. :rage:

Leave it to starfleet dental to come in here, go off topic, and just mock us for reporting a bug. I find their behavior insulting.
Former community manager shows his approval.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 23, 2015

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
For some reason I'm not in TNG any more can I get a reinvite to the channel thanks!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bagpuss posted:

For some reason I'm not in TNG any more can I get a reinvite to the channel thanks!

Almost certainly.

Might need to know who to invite though (account name).

Sent you an invite, just speak up in channel and we'll get you a fleet invite to whatever fleet you wanted.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 23, 2015

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

DancingShade posted:

Almost certainly.

Might need to know who to invite though (account name).
OH derp @notcityofdoors

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

With no soul left at Quark's, the disco had no choice but to spread.

Former community manager shows his approval.

I love how pubbies are lashing out at any dev, cm, or former cm who isn't as outraged as they are over colored lights. The amount of hate being piled on Bort (and Trendy, for some reason) is incredible. What's more incredible is how the game employees are completely brushing it off and not even paying lip service to the whiny pubbies.

This is the best.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

I kinda feel bad for making GBS threads up his twitter.

You should.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

DonDoodles posted:

I love how pubbies are lashing out at any dev, cm, or former cm who isn't as outraged as they are over colored lights. The amount of hate being piled on Bort (and Trendy, for some reason) is incredible. What's more incredible is how the game employees are completely brushing it off and not even paying lip service to the whiny pubbies.

This is the best.

It's almost as if we're finding out what Cryptic will do for a Klondike Bar.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You just know somewhere the pubs are already thinking that.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
They've more or less reached that conclusion Reddit.

quote:

Dental always wins, its a sad fact. And i totally agree on this being on the devs. Ty for another craptastic screwup. Why don't they just give Dental access to dev commands. At least someone will have fun with that.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Did they forget about all the data mining too?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Hi trendy!

You should tell us your secret identity, or at least come say hi on our mumble!

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 23, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

They've more or less reached that conclusion Reddit.

poo poo are the reddomites bitching about disco balls now?

Why you don't link ah

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

hakimashou posted:

poo poo are the reddomites bitching about disco balls now?

Why you don't link ah

If you don't bitch about disco balls on Reddit you get down voted, so most of them don't really have a choice.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

system protocol posted:

If you don't bitch about disco balls on Reddit you get down voted, so most of them don't really have a choice.

Perhaps we should remind them that DISCO BALLS ARE CANON.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Do disco balls even have a framerate effect on low-end computers or is that just what they whine to try to give their complaints some legitimacy.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Do disco balls even have a framerate effect on low-end computers or is that just what they whine to try to give their complaints some legitimacy.
As far as I can tell they don't do jack poo poo to performance on any computer that can actually run a space queue and not catch fire. But half these fucks are probably playing on mom's Gateway so who even knows.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

personal drama, please

MikeJF posted:

Disco balls have a dynamic light. This will cause a minor frame hit on VERY Low end systems [think Geforce 210 and below], but can be disabled completely in preferences where it asks how many dynamic lights to use. On a Geforce 650, you wouldn't notice while running 3 clients.

The "glow" effects that pulsate and rotate are simply transparent. They will bloom slightly into the post processing, but not any more bothersome than any other lights you zoom in close too.

The Particles have no physics properties applied to them, they just display, this would bug a Voodoo Banshee, but just about anything after a Radeon x1300 wouldn't have a problem with it, and again it can be disabled in shaders.

Testing this on my netbook, The game runs for crap with one disco ball. but my netbook, not moving, in a shuttle interior with no other people.. the game runs for crap. At the login screen? Also crap.

On a laptop with an Intel Graphics Accelerator, running on low res [because it isn't meant for Gaming, just web stuff], a Disco ball produces no frame drop, and a mob of them [such as drozana] impacts me in absolutely no way. however moving objects such as crystal shards and tholian ships in CRystalline Cataclysm.. Do kill my frame rate.

In short, Disco balls should not in any way impact a user's framerate, and since there are bloom controls and brightness settings, they only impact your eyes if you're playing in a dark room as the loading screens are dark to begin with.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

MikeJF posted:

My computer was a mid-range laptop when I got it in 2011 and it doesn't run any worse with tons of disco balls, at least not on the settings I run.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Rahhmi posted:

On a laptop with an Intel Graphics Accelerator, running on low res [because it isn't meant for Gaming, just web stuff], a Disco ball produces no frame drop, and a mob of them [such as drozana] impacts me in absolutely no way. however moving objects such as crystal shards and tholian ships in CRystalline Cataclysm.. Do kill my frame rate.

Running on my laptop with HD3000 this game runs just as poo poo as my desktop with a GTX970 (At their recommended default settings)

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

personal drama, please
http://puu.sh/jM2HM/1f9d1906ac.png

Tweeted this pic. It's basically what I just said in graphical form.

It'll encourage debate among the community who can play Crysis 3 maxed out at 1080p and 80fps for their youtube livestream but suddenly throw their POS computers against a wall at the sight of 2 disco balls.

Edit: I need to learn how to do thumbnails here.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Borticus is pleading with people to stop using the disco ball bug on twitter.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Rahhmi posted:

It'll encourage debate among the community who can play Crysis 3 maxed out at 1080p and 80fps for their youtube livestream but suddenly throw their POS computers against a wall at the sight of 2 disco balls.

(timg)http://puu.sh/jM2HM/1f9d1906ac.png(/timg)

Change the () to []

Also I have a 4790k and a 980ti and STO runs worse then Battlefield 4. Still get 90+ fps no matter what my settings are at, turn everything down to the lowest get ~130fps turn everything to max and get ~120fps. Once you hit a performance threshold the UI thread limits you from getting any more fps out of your system.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 24, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rahhmi posted:

This is a pretty good infographic but I think it's a safe bet most of the disco haters are in fact playing on GPUs even less capable than you think.

The kind of people using a GPU barely capable of rendering text and get upset when New Exciting AAA Game runs like a dying slug, blaming the developers instead of their toasters.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Don't forget the people who have thermite charges rigged to melt their entire systems if the cops show up. Probably aren't spending a ton on a graphics card, and a lot of Drozana is gonna be in that category.

kafziel fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 24, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
If you want Disco dead you're glad Nimoy is dead because let me tell you that dude was Disco as gently caress. There you have it. Pubbies literally hate Spock.

I mean not this Disco but then again very few are.

Also that pubbie unfriended me so I guess no academy for them. That's :10bux: down the drain.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 24, 2015

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Morglon posted:

Also that pubbie unfriended me so I guess no academy for them. That's :10bux: down the drain.

That has to be the quickest a J4G has ever bailed on us. At least tax has some gas money now.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Probably got pissed that I didn't really get poo poo done fast enough. Although when you can't wait for two days and constantly message me because I'm always online in Pidgin but not actually in the game or likely not even there or awake and then getting all pissy you can go gently caress yourself.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Does anyone know who lootcritter is supposed to be? I know he tries to keep his main toon/account separate from his "blogging" identity, but I'm wondering if anyone has made any connections.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

Does anyone know who lootcritter is supposed to be? I know he tries to keep his main toon/account separate from his "blogging" identity, but I'm wondering if anyone has made any connections.

I believe they're from reddit. If that helps. Anyone from reddit is a retard. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT.

Morglon posted:

If you want Disco dead you're glad Nimoy is dead because let me tell you that dude was Disco as gently caress. There you have it. Pubbies literally hate Spock.

I mean not this Disco but then again very few are.

Well I'll just keep you in the academy until someone else wants in. Too busy to let pubbies in and train them on how to not be a loving idiot.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1202201/drozana-station-never-ending-party

:allears:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

I love how TheGrandNagus is trying to fling your own poo poo back at you, but can't manage it because you just ignore it and move on whereas he cannot stop himself from responding to any and everything directed at him.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
A certain unrevealed T6 Fed ship actually looks pretty cool other then the Nacelles. Which like with most other recent T6 ships are based off the Command Cruisers.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 24, 2015

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

I love how TheGrandNagus is trying to fling your own poo poo back at you, but can't manage it because you just ignore it and move on whereas he cannot stop himself from responding to any and everything directed at him.

I tried to shut him up im not sure how well its going to work.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

system protocol posted:

I tried to shut him up im not sure how well its going to work.

He probably won't, but it was a noble effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Ill just keep replying with dead-ended questions then.

• Locked thread