Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

a rowdy mullet posted:

Per KIRO , currently there are 100 uncontained fires in Central WA with 390,000 acres burned :stare:

At least one of those fires is Juggalo related. The odds are too likely for that not to be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
The Portland area is full of smoke. To an extant that even in Montana, this would be considered a lot of smoke. I can't remember ever seeing this much smoke in the Portland area.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i didn't move up from southern California for this

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Lazy_Liberal posted:

feel free to move back :)

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Lazy_Liberal posted:

You jerks brought the vengeful forest fire gods with you back foul beasts!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
my bad for being too hott for the pac nw

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

:shobon:

Being a 911 operator must be a surreal experience sometimes.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

Pretty much everything is on fire.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3H8A5CgHZE

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw&hd=1

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I thought the clouds today looked kinda weird. Those uhh, weren't clouds.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
So I'm out at Lake Wenatchee this weekend and just took a boat up the Columbia river today to about Chelan Falls at the tip of Lake Chelan. As soon as we got east of the Columbia river there was very noticeable haze and the smell of smoke. Going up the river was pretty surreal--the smoke and haze just kept getting thicker the further north you went up. Felt almost like a pea soup fog (but irritating to the eyes and mouth) before we finally turned back around. I can't imagine the firefighters and volunteers that are on the front lines putting up with even worse conditions.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it was smoky even in the city today. everyone is freaking out. the moon is a good 40 degrees up in the sky and it's orange as all heck

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

anthonypants posted:

it was smoky even in the city today. everyone is freaking out. the moon is a good 40 degrees up in the sky and it's orange as all heck

Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I love that Portland gets to finally experience what basically every summer is like in some parts of the state.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

mod sassinator posted:

Going up the river was pretty surreal--the smoke and haze just kept getting thicker the further north you went up.

Was it like some Apocalypse Now poo poo?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Oregoon checking in to say that sunrise loving owned.

It was all red and pink, like a sunset on rewind.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I didn't even know there was a weather option for this.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Its use seems to be pretty uneven. I've had it come up before on perfectly clear days, and today in Portland it's just listing the weather as cloudy.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Error 404 posted:

Oregoon checking in to say that sunrise loving owned.

It was all red and pink, like a sunset on rewind.

Blood has been spilt this night.

BTW I took a sailboat tour around the Seattle bay today, 90 mins for 30 bucks, they let you steer it too. Pretty fun, bring a windbreaker.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Spokane was super smokey friday. Like the most smoke I have ever seen, and its pretty disconcerting to see the air quality report say "hazardous for all groups." Saturday was completely clear, but today I guess the wind shifted because more smoke. Not as bad as Friday though.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Hello fellow Spokanite. Friday was crazy. My life smelled like a campfire and visibility was down to a mile or two at most. I was worried I wasn't going to get to go outside at all this weekend but Saturday was actually really nice.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
The smoke is ridiculous, even up here in Canada.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Jesus christ. I was thinking a neighbor was having a bonfire for some reason.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Jesus christ. I was thinking a neighbor was having a bonfire for some reason.
In a way, they are... :gbsmith:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It's been smoky as hell in Eugene. I don't remember the field burning smoke of yesteryear clogging up the valley this badly.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

SyHopeful posted:

Did Oregon legalize lane splitting recently? I've seen a lot of motorcycles using the shoulders to pass in rush hour lately.

I was working in the capitol when this was brought up last session and I believe it passed

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Pretty sure California is the only state that allows motorcycles to split lanes, and that should never include using the shoulder. Anyone driving on the shoulder is a shithead.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Double checked, SB694 was passed in the Senate 18 - 10 but lane splitting is illegal at speeds over 20 mph.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/SB694

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
We had a bit of smoke in Everett yesterday that didn't clear up until late in the evening. First time I've seen an orange sun.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Bertha got fixed and is going back into the hole. We might get the tunnel that we never wanted!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Cancel the tunnel project. Build apodments inside what's built of the tunnel. Housing problem, solved.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

mod sassinator posted:

Cancel the tunnel project. Build apodments inside what's built of the tunnel. Housing problem, solved.

I actually like this idea, unleash Bertha on all of the undercity and we can keep the rich in check because the pod dwellers will tear down the high rises if they don't put in dedicated bike roads.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

seiferguy posted:

Bertha got fixed and is going back into the hole. We might get the tunnel that we never wanted!

What? Really?

Someone let whoever maintains http://isberthastillstuck.com/ know!

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

Vavrek posted:

What? Really?

Someone let whoever maintains http://isberthastillstuck.com/ know!

Give it a few months, it'll probably become accurate again

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Technically its still stuck anyways right? It doesn't seem like its actually started drilling again yet.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
So uhhh how about them white supremacists? Literally shooting at cops from their motorcycles.

quote:

TUKWILA, Wash. - Police are searching for two motorcyclists who opened fire at officers as they were serving a search warrant at a house alongside Interstate 5 in Tukwila, officials said.

No one was struck by the gunfire and the motorcyclists got away. Police are now searching for them. They believe one of them may be Kevin M. Vaughn, 26, a known motorcycle gang member with a long rap sheet associated with the house where the search warrant was being served.

The drama unfolded around 6:30 a.m. in the 14900 block of 51st Avenue South in Tukwila, which is just off the southbound lanes of I-5, said Cmdr. Eric Drever of the Tukwila police.

As officers were preparing to serve a search warrant at the home for evidence of auto theft, two motorcyclists were heading south on I-5 and slowed down at an area of the freeway that overlooks the property where the officers were working.

The suspects on the motorcycles fired at least seven shots at the officers on scene. The suspects then fled south on I-5 and are currently at large.

Investigators later found shell casings alongside the freeway they believe came from the firearms used by the suspects.

Meanwhile, officers entered the home on 51st Avenue and found several guns. One person in the home has been detained, and federal agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have responded to the scene to assist in identifying the weapons.

Police say they have a warrant to arrest Vaughn for investigation of auto theft. He is also believed to be one of the two suspects who opened fire at police from the motorcycles. Court records show he has 12 felonies on his criminal record.

He is described as a white male, standing about 6-feet-1-inch, with brown hair, blue eyes and a tattoo with the word "HATRED" across his forehead. He is a known member of the Resurrection motorcycle gang.

Police also released a description of the two motorcyclists who opened fire at officers:

• Motorcyclist No. 1 was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a black IKON vest with a “spinal” type pattern on the back. The rider had a green helmet and was riding a green motorcycle.

• Motorcyclist No. 2 was riding a silver Honda CBR and wearing a gray jacket with a black helmet.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Motorcyclist-on-I-5-opens-fires-at-Tukwila-cops-gets-away-323096691.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Jax Teller will get to the bottom of this

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Hell of a storm today, huh? Drought + heavy rain/wind is not a good combo. They even shut down 405 for a while because trees fell on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Did it put the fires out?

• Locked thread