Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Chyea posted:

A4S Down.

World First.

Hands shaking....

SS later....

:toot: Good loving job, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What's the fastest way to get lights for the relic weapon?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Grondoth posted:

Yeah, I'm hoping when the new 24 person thing hits we can unsync and do the old 24 person stuff without a full group.

Not sure they want to devote the time to changing and retesting the dungeon code; my only 24 so far is the labrynth of the ancients and it has that 3-hall split which requires all 3 groups to complete before going on - I'm sure there are similar mechanics throughout all the 24s that require the 3 different groups to do things

v: True, the game doesn't forcibly divide you up into the 3 alliance groups, it's just how we naturally went through the stuff; I guess they could leave you to your own devices after all

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 24, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Not sure they want to devote the time to changing and retesting the dungeon code; my only 24 so far is the labrynth of the ancients and it has that 3-hall split which requires all 3 groups to complete before going on - I'm sure there are similar mechanics throughout all the 24s that require the 3 different groups to do things
Nothing in CT needs all 24 players to be doing mechanics at the same time. Most you need is for CT1 Atomos with 4 people per pad plus I guess one guy to punch atomos, so 15? Not 100% sure how many people you need to stand on Phleg's pads though.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

homeless snail posted:

Nothing in CT needs all 24 players to be doing mechanics at the same time. Most you need is for CT1 Atomos with 4 people per pad plus I guess one guy to punch atomos, so 15? Not 100% sure how many people you need to stand on Phleg's pads though.

Yeah but unsynced everyone should have over 9999 hp anyway.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
He actually chain casts the flare until everyone is dead, but anyways it's 4 people per pad so to get past atomos you have enough for that too.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Syrcus Tower will need at least 12, for Scylla's pads. World of Darkness could be done with a single group, though.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Chyea posted:

Video will be out when five other groups kill it.

If you have a clip from the OT pov that's just like, one robot death kill I would be grateful forever.

I'm so excited to do that part but it will be months before we get there :shobon:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

kafziel posted:

Syrcus Tower will need at least 12, for Scylla's pads. World of Darkness could be done with a single group, though.

Scylla doesn't wipe you if you gently caress up pads. I don't believe anything in ST fundamentally requires more than a light party besides Amon freezing people and turning them to frogs.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

kafziel posted:

You definitely don't need to do Scylla's pads. I've been in more groups that hosed it up and still won than groups that actually got on the goddamn things. It just petrifies you while the adds run around and attack people.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

My prediction is that they'll solve not really being able to do any LotA instances in any reasonable amount of time currently by doing a new kind of roulette that includes the new and future ones, though as there's quite a few roulettes already and the instances are a bit long, I further predict it will be a weekly roulette and tied to getting gordian manifesto pages or some poo poo that people are really going to want.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Bare minimum it seems like a shoo in for pile of poo poo they make you grind for the new relic.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Or just make the puff of darkness and onion knight the best in verminion.

I guess you'd need to add something to additional copies. Full onion knight teams?

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Failboattootoot posted:

Bare minimum it seems like a shoo in for pile of poo poo they make you grind for the new relic.

This would continue the trend of turning old, abandoned content into something that's run primarily by screaming children that throw a fit when things don't go perfectly even though they just rushed through everything without waiting or explaining a drat thing to the confused newbies. Only in CT, this would actually be hilarious and tons of fun, so I hope they do this.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
4.0's main raid should be second coil except with three copies of every fight, and you have to stand on pads to make the other party's melusine vulnerable

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
speaking of Syrcus Tower i wonder what our good friend Nero is up to these days

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Void jizz has turned Nero into a new catboy protagonist for the void airship thingy

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That feeling when you hit enrage with one Oppressor left at 0.05% hp, and then your group is collectively out of pots and a tank has to go soon so you call it a night. :smith:

After rebuilding the group we have one person who's only been in A1S for the third time and multiple folks who are a few weeks behind on gearing, so all in all I don't think we're doing too bad. Definitely have it next time we go in.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dukka posted:

the false and utterly worthless ideal of ~raiders' honor~

Feel free to clear A4S and post a video of it.

homeless snail posted:

12 people for Atomos. Just have 4 people killing an Atomos while another 4 stay on the pad for them. Once the first Atomos is down those four go stand on their pad so another group can kill theirs, then repeat a 3rd time.

kafziel posted:

You don't have to do the pads to clear Scylla. The first day CT2 came out the run I was in cleared it our 2nd try and both times we didn't block Daybreak from petrifying the raid. All it does is make life a bit harder for the healers.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

If you have enough DPS you can just kill Scylla before she uses Daybreak.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

seorin posted:

This would continue the trend of turning old, abandoned content into something that's run primarily by screaming children that throw a fit when things don't go perfectly even though they just rushed through everything without waiting or explaining a drat thing to the confused newbies. Only in CT, this would actually be hilarious and tons of fun, so I hope they do this.

Oh geez. I... just... this would be so much fun :allears:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

seorin posted:

Yeah I mean, reading through your first sentence all I could think was that it sounds like how CT already was after about a week.

EDIT: Also if they update CT at all, they need to somehow make it completely necessary to tank Bone Dragon in the south of the room.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

12 people for Atomos. Just have 4 people killing an Atomos while another 4 stay on the pad for them. Once the first Atomos is down those four go stand on their pad so another group can kill theirs, then repeat a 3rd time.

Not standing on pads is what triggers the iron giant enrage.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Between the three goon guilds, it seems like it would be pretty easy to get a 24 man group together to undersize the whole CT in about 45 minutes.

Why not just have like a weekly event or something. "6pm on Sunday, everyone meets at the PBC house and we organize a CT run." Some poo poo like that.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Evil Fluffy posted:

Feel free to clear A4S and post a video of it.
could I have perhaps stated what I did as a joke? one that was far to difficult to decipher??

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Started loving around with ReShade to get DoF. Went a bit overboard with DoF and saturation. Does look kind of cool, but the UI looks hilariously bad.

Edit: Found a nice medium. Need to make the DoF a bit more intense, but just barely.

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 24, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Dukka posted:

could I have perhaps stated what I did as a joke? one that was far to difficult to decipher??

Did come off as sincerely disdainful, yes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chyea posted:

Fight is absurd. We've never maximized to the level we had to do for this week.

Dropped Healer Chest/WHM Cane/Gobdip/Shielding/and a single Mount Whistle.

Good job brining it home for North America/eu. Better luck next time Japanese servers.

So how many wipes?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Holyshoot posted:

Good job brining it home for North America/eu. Better luck next time Japanese servers.

So how many wipes?

Well July 28th was when his group got WF on A3S so I'm going to guess hundreds if not more in the three weeks following.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Chyea posted:

It gives time for the other groups to refine their strategy without outside help. Most of the progression raiders in this game are in it for the puzzle solving and interfering with that process isn't something we want to do.

I'm sure nobody would mind the kill video if you put some choice zoom-ins on the battle log every so often.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I started playing this game a while back and just finished all the main story quests in the base game gently caress you Ilberd and I just started Heavensward and hearing Alphinaud new voice was pretty jarring. How many people got new voice actors in this expansion?

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 24, 2015

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I started playing this game a while back and just finished all the main story quests in the base game gently caress you Ilberd and I just started Heavensward and hearing Alphinaud new voice was pretty jarring. How many people got new voice actors in this expansion?

It seems like a lot. The most jarring one for me was Admiral Merlwyb's.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

seizure later posted:

It seems like a lot. The most jarring one for me was Admiral Merlwyb's.

Ahh, that's going to be weird. I think Alphinaud's new voice is pretty good, it's just that I'm so used to his old voice that it's going to be hard to get used to.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Ahh, that's going to be weird. I think Alphinaud's new voice is pretty good, it's just that I'm so used to his old voice that it's going to be hard to get used to.

Urianger definitely changed, I'm pretty sure Raubahn changed too, as did Kan-e-senna. I want to say Tataru changed too, but I might just be misremembering?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm not sure if Tataru had any voiced lines before Heavensward.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rhonne posted:

Almost everyone. They changed to a new studio, the same one that did Xenoblade, for voice acting in Heavensward.

Tataru is Fiora and Alphinaud is Shulk

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not sure if Tataru had any voiced lines before Heavensward.

She does at the very end, when you first see Yugiri without her mask.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks for the input on healers. I will try to throw out some DPS when apropriate. I enjoy soling with my WHM more than with the tank classes, its just that i found it somewhat boring to group with it. I went to Haukke manor last night though as i just unlocked it in the main story and that was a refreshingly different healing experience than the faceroll dungeons so far. (At least the final fight!)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Levels 1-30 are essentially a tutorial for any old schmuck who's never picked up a multiplayer real-time game before. If you've ever played an MMO, the tutorial is more like 1-50 as it introduces concepts like "having more than five abilities". "It gets better as you level" is a lovely response, but it's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Lucrezia confirmed A4S down

https://twitter.com/Lucrezia_Alex/status/635824176390098944

• Locked thread