Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

No kidding! Way to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

icantfindaname posted:

He wasn't expected to fill it. Predictions were for 30k, he got somewhere north of 20k, which is worse than expected but not that bad

He's Donald Trump. He doesn't know how to lower expectations; I'm pretty sure he claimed he was going to fill it. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Original is still more disturbing.

It's because that lady has such a serious case of Enel Face going on.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

That's better than Sanders can usually do. :smugdog:

Doesn't beat Sanders' record, though. :berned:

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Swamp!!!! I tweeted your latest creation and David Wils favorited it!

ItsHappening.gif

He is the producer for ATHF by the way

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 24, 2015

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Epic High Five posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

Apparently the IRS is now looking into the Prosperity Gospel scam because of this report, which is super funny if you're isolated but super depressing if you know the sort of people who believe this sort of thing with all their heart

Who's ready for another "HURR DURR WAR ON CHRISTIANITY" meltdown if they ACTUALLY follow through with it

Can we get a post or anything that confirms this is happening?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

AcidRonin posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Swamp!!!! I tweeted your latest creation and David Wils favorited it!

ItsHappening.gif

Haha awesome

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

AcidRonin posted:

ItsHappening.gif

He is the producer for ATHF by the way

Not impressed until I get confirmation that Matt Maiellaro has personally seen and approved of the videos.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

Apparently the IRS is now looking into the Prosperity Gospel scam because of this report, which is super funny if you're isolated but super depressing if you know the sort of people who believe this sort of thing with all their heart

Who's ready for another "HURR DURR WAR ON CHRISTIANITY" meltdown if they ACTUALLY follow through with it

From what I've heard, many people in the IRS have wanted to do something about all these church scams much like people in the FEC wanted to investage the churches that've been violating election laws, but they've been squashed by the Dem administrations that know the religious right will lose its loving mind once they have *actual* oppression to be upset about instead of the made-up poo poo they use daily. GOP administrations have, of course, put zero effort into either of those things.

Hopefully this goes beyond the obvious types that Oliver focused on, but it's not very likely.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah I find it hard to believe nobody realized the prosperity gospel was a scam until John Oliver came along

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Todd Starnes continues being a big stupid baby.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/21/school-band-told-to-stop-performing-how-great-thou-art.html

"The musical shot heard around the world" :laffo:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Faustian Bargain posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/21/school-band-told-to-stop-performing-how-great-thou-art.html

I'd prefer they give equal time to some random goth band from the high school to sing praise to His Dark Majesty tbh

fake edit -

quote:

And should Judge Reeves make good on his threat to financially punish the school district, I will personally pay the $10,000 fine.

Well get your checkbook ready because this was like the third flagrant breech of a court order and it may not be just 10 grand.

real edit - not gonna lie, This one caught me a little off guard coming from FoxNews. Not least of all with the coup de gras for the article being a quote from a leading figure at Planned Parenthood

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 24, 2015

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Epic High Five posted:

real edit - not gonna lie, This one caught me a little off guard coming from FoxNews. Not least of all with the coup de gras for the article being a quote from a leading figure at Planned Parenthood

Isn't Fox News Latino pretty much its own network? Comparing the Fox News and Latino articles on anything immigration related is always fun.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Faustian Bargain posted:

quote:

The time has come to put an end to their cultural jihad.

Yes, we must END this jihad by engaging in a divine struggle that is meant to strengthen our faith in the face of adversity! That is how you END a jihad!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Right wingers are literally on a jihad against Planned Parenthood but don't stop Starnes from using boogey-man buzzwords.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Nonsense posted:

Radical Republicans wanted something crazy like a 65-75% oath taking by every county that voted to secede. Lincoln wanted it at like 5% or something like that just to speed along re-entry. Although I think tying it to the 13th Amendment was an important step, I wonder if Lincoln would have pressed for its strong enforcement versus the approach people took after he died?

The war transformed Lincoln, completely I believe.

Booth resolved to kill Lincoln when Lincoln hinted at granting suffrage to at least some portion of the black population to protect their rights. He also said privately that, if forced between the two sides, he would support the Radicals' position as they were in the right, but tried to get the nation there with less hostility and animosity.

While the task was so tremendous that no one has yet succeeded, I have little doubt that Lincoln would have preformed better than Johnson.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

derra posted:

Booth resolved to kill Lincoln when Lincoln hinted at granting suffrage to at least some portion of the black population to protect their rights. He also said privately that, if forced between the two sides, he would support the Radicals' position as they were in the right, but tried to get the nation there with less hostility and animosity.

While the task was so tremendous that no one has yet succeeded, I have little doubt that Lincoln would have preformed better than Johnson.

Yeah I also know that there is historical controversey, especially a certain African-American historian who maintains that Lincoln was a white supremacist, racist up until the end, never mind Lincoln had likely dropped the whole "ship them to Africa, ship them home" abolitionism that he believed in before the war. I think the Civil War awoke in Lincoln exactly the qualities and reason we even bother to remember the guy today.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Nonsense posted:

Yeah I also know that there is historical controversey, especially a certain African-American historian who maintains that Lincoln was a white supremacist, racist up until the end, never mind Lincoln had likely dropped the whole "ship them to Africa, ship them home" abolitionism that he believed in before the war. I think the Civil War awoke in Lincoln exactly the qualities and reason we even bother to remember the guy today.

Lincoln would certainly be considered a racist if he lived today. He was certainly no Garrison or even Chase. I think the best that could be said is that he didn't think about Black people much. Remember, back then there were laws on the books in Illinois making it illegal for Black people to move into the state. He certainly pushed for colonization well into his presidency. For most of his life, he was against slavery, then for getting Blacks out of the country or something.

Still, I think it's telling that the only time he declared Blacks to be inferior to Whites that was only "in color", and his growth as he encountered and spoke with African-Americans was undeniable. He did end up tabling his colonization plan in favor of suffrage, and Fredrick Douglass stated that Lincoln was the only White man who treated him as an equal and didn't remind him that Douglass was Black and he was White.

Before his Presidency, Lincoln's experiences with African-Americans were very limited, and he almost certainly carried a lot of the baggage of the day, but his encounters as President greatly shaped his worldview.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oh yeah, he most definitely was racist, but a brutal conflict in which nearly a million "Civilized Whites" murdered each other over owning Black people, I'm sure made the point real clear that everything he had known before the war was bullshit, nearly all of it, including many aspects of abolitionism, which was quite frankly racist. Yeah I'm just brain farting out in the open, because it seems impossible to have such transformations possible, in the demagogue* age we live in.

*I know there's nothing new under the sun, but anti-intellectualism is really popular right now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Going after prosperity/seed gospel seems extremely too little too late. The rubes in there are as hypnotized as any scientologist. If they manage to do anything real to them ill be amazed.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Prosperity Gospelists also believe in poo poo like "without religion, humans would have no laws" "total impunity". I'm so glad I didn't shag her.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

They also have horrendously tacky taste.

Getting wasted while watching TBN at 3:30 in the morning is pretty entertaining, especially if someone's speaking in tongues while they ask for your seed of faith.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Potential BFF posted:

They also have horrendously tacky taste.

Getting wasted while watching TBN at 3:30 in the morning is pretty entertaining, especially if someone's speaking in tongues while they ask for your seed of faith.

I would guillotine the lot of them just for building that monstrosity.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Zeroisanumber posted:

Guillotines too good for that offense against taste and sensible architecture.

Hang them all.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"What do you want for the front of your house?"

"Lemme get a fountain with 3 puking lions."

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

"What do you want for the front of your house?"

"Lemme get a fountain with 3 puking lions."

That's a house and not a gaudy church? :psyduck:

edit: Pretty sure this and not gay people is why God is mad at America tbh

bij
Feb 24, 2007

It's the headquarters of Trinity Broadcasting Network.

I'm honestly impressed they resisted the urge to paint the whole thing gold.

Perhaps you'd like to visit their $35 million 2007 acquisition, The Holy Land Experience?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

There's a place where I can watch hippies get flogged in public? Sign me up!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Lions and Christians share a rich and storied history.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

My uncle has been with the TBN church for decades. The inside of that place is just as gaudy as the outside. But remember, if you tithe 10% of what you think you should earn, God will make sure you get it. Also 'Habbablibittty Quorthum! deffinnerter hobibbity narshom!" It's God talking through me! :downs:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Megachurchs and all the associated poo poo don't feel especially religious to me, but then again I went to church growing up in an old fashioned small brick Methodist church in Northern Virgina.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

Can you hand me the bodies over afterwords for burning at the stake for heresy?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Potential BFF posted:

Perhaps you'd like to visit their $35 million 2007 acquisition, The Holy Land Experience?

Which operates as a tax free amusement park!

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Potential BFF posted:

That Jesus looks awfully pale...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InequalityGodzilla posted:

That Jesus looks awfully pale... white for an Arab guy.

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!

Potential BFF posted:

The best thing about living in the general area of this monstrosity is occasionally seeing Jesus out and about, buying groceries, getting gas, etc.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

InequalityGodzilla posted:

That Jesus looks awfully pale...

I just have to laugh at the Roman soldier who looks like he could be doing a Trojan Man commercial.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That dude in the armor is more Beefcake the Mighty than Roman soldier.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
^

Yeah I do see the resemblance. Now I am sad because Gwar is no more. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Lions and Christians share a rich and storied history.

Pretty sure that, along with most of the Bible's stories, was made up.