Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

This doesn't technically count as a purchase as I was given them for free. Absolutely NOS Marantz SE-1 electrostatic headphones... I am the luckiest sonofabitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
This thing

More excited about it than I should.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

KingColliwog posted:

This thing

Is that a 5 point harness for a baby? How fast do you jog?

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

flosofl posted:

Is that a 5 point harness for a baby? How fast do you jog?

It's not even a jogging stroller even if they have jogging in the brand name (light jogging is fine, but this model is not meant for jogging). Most/all strollers (except the cheap umbrella ones) have 5 points harness nowadays. Actually I don't think I've seen a single one that does not

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Aug 23, 2015

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

KingColliwog posted:

It's not even really a jogging stroller. Most/all strollers (except the cheap umbrella ones) have 5 points harness nowadays. Actually I don't think I've seen a single one that does not

Yeah, now that I think about it, most of those also double as car seats.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

It's as much about the kid not crawling out as it is about not launching it accidentally.

Balzac Jones
Dec 26, 2008
Finally replaced my shredded shoes.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Balzac Jones posted:

Finally replaced my shredded shoes.

Excellent shoe post

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Time for some new shitkickers, these had good reviews and a good price on Amazon ($127 prime, with free returns if I don't like them) so I figured I'd give them a shot. I have a pair of Red Wing 2223s on local order at the local Red Wing brick and mortar to try on, since they didn't have my size in stock (Not an odd size, just a wide they didn't have on hand) so I'm going to compare the two and stick with whichever I like better.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

PCOS Bill posted:

Time for some new shitkickers, these had good reviews and a good price on Amazon ($127 prime, with free returns if I don't like them) so I figured I'd give them a shot. I have a pair of Red Wing 2223s on local order at the local Red Wing brick and mortar to try on, since they didn't have my size in stock (Not an odd size, just a wide they didn't have on hand) so I'm going to compare the two and stick with whichever I like better.

Must look p. rad with your duster on (no shirt, of course).

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

KingColliwog posted:

This thing

Congrats on the kid/stroller!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Smashing Link posted:

Congrats on the kid/stroller!

The wife gave birth to a smaller stroller that's going to ride around in this one.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1redflag posted:

Must look p. rad with your duster on (no shirt, of course).

I know you workshy little shits wouldn't know an honest day's labor if you were put in chains, but those are steel toe workboots, a requirement for a huge swath of jobs where there's risks of foot injury, not ~daddy pay attention to me omg so lonely~ boots like you'd be buying.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Working at the vampire rave from Blade can't be that hard

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yea, until loving Blade shows up.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

PCOS Bill posted:

I know you workshy little shits...

I need to add this word to my vocabulary. :eng101:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yo we call him Daywalker but how come we only ever see him out at night?

Don't be stupid mang. It's because we, his prey, are a nocturnal people, and as such his time is best seeking us out during our most active hours, when we're out and about, looking to feed, or, rave, as it were.

codespace
May 3, 2011

PCOS Bill is like the Dollar Tree version of Ron Swanson. All the vitriol, none of the charm.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Plus a couple of tickets to Denver. Plus some extra money for extra things in the extra place that does the extra things

:420:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LTBS posted:

Plus a couple of tickets to Denver. Plus some extra money for extra things in the extra place that does the extra things

:420:

Are you driving there in your Jeep Wrangler? Watch your toes in those flip flops

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Are you driving there in your Jeep Wrangler? Watch your toes in those flip flops

You got a real thing about toe safety

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

nocal posted:

You got a real thing about toe safety

Having had some close calls in my youth, I became extra cautious.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

I know you workshy little shits wouldn't know an honest day's labor if you were put in chains, but those are steel toe workboots, a requirement for a huge swath of jobs where there's risks of foot injury, not ~daddy pay attention to me omg so lonely~ boots like you'd be buying.

Surely you get ppe provided by your employer?

actually the daywalker is self employed so

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CancerCakes posted:

Surely you get ppe provided by your employer?

actually the daywalker is self employed so

Everything but boots!

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

I know what you're talking about but I can't seem to find them in the UK, could you post the name/code?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Daimo posted:

I know what you're talking about but I can't seem to find them in the UK, could you post the name/code?

Caterpillar Indiana FX

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

Keen make some bad rear end steel toe shoes.

Source: not workshy

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Ropes4u posted:

Keen make some bad rear end steel toe shoes.

Source: not workshy

See: my post in this thread a little while ago.

And to follow-up, they rock. Keen shoes are awesome.

e: daishan knows what the gently caress is up.

FormatAmerica has a new favorite as of 22:19 on Aug 24, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Redwings or bust. Only proper work boot :colbert:

daishan14
Mar 6, 2004
I wore Redwings for the last five years. Tried out a pair of Keens and now I'm never going back. Even with smartfeet insoles the Redwings hurt my feet after a 12 hour shift. No pain in the keens.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Digital_Jesus posted:

Redwings or bust. Only proper work boot :colbert:

Red Wings aren't CSA-approved and so can't be worn as work boots in Canada anyway, unfortunately

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I found out that it's legal to carry automatic folding knives in Texas, so I got the nicest folder I've ever had, a Kershaw Launch:

I'm probably also going to pick up some of those boots, my old Skechers steel toe/steel shank are alright, but they're vinyl so of course they look like poo poo.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

strangemusic posted:

This doesn't technically count as a purchase as I was given them for free. Absolutely NOS Marantz SE-1 electrostatic headphones... I am the luckiest sonofabitch.

Is the person dying? Is that why they gave these to you for free? Did they go deaf? You lucky sob.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Caterpillar Indiana FX

Cheers, muck on your spot for you.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Played this last weekend, with Crosshatch & his fiancé. Hoping to get this in for this weekend's game night with some other friends.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Preemptive reminder; please don't shop-shame

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Android Bicyclist posted:

Played this last weekend, with Crosshatch & his fiancé. Hoping to get this in for this weekend's game night with some other friends.

Sever.

E: gently caress!

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Android Bicyclist posted:

I just bought this as well.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

aricoarena posted:

Is the person dying? Is that why they gave these to you for free? Did they go deaf? You lucky sob.

If you can believe it, no. I was over at a friend's house for dinner and noticed their very nice set of vintage Marantz floorstanding speakers, complimenting their taste - which caused his wife to sarcastically note that barely a blip had been played on those very speakers for years. In light of this, the guy goes "hey, you'll pry these from my cold dead hands - but, I've got these headphones that came with the speakers and I've never used them, they're just taking up space too. Take them off my hands, one less thing to worry about."

:stare:

... Ok then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I've been meaning to get more Xbox One games, and my love for the original Shadow Warrior made me choose this one