Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Aranan posted:

Can't decide if that is better or worse than perpetually having a big green one in my rear end.

To be fair, as a pointer it's essentially :a2m:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The West Pointers in my class aren't bad guys but they're definitely weird. 2 of them in my platoon tried to use "we went to West Point :smug:" to get laid and were complaining that it just got them laughed at instead.

One of the cadre thinking I went to West Point is probably the worst thing anyone has ever said to me.

But 2LTs in general are a pretty annoying bunch, mostly because almost all of them are 21-22 and act like it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

But did you make them do The Rocket?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

So the chucklefuck who granted himself supreme power over this mission (with no ones approval) wants to move the dudes who are taking Security+ classes and testing into open bays, and have then pull KP with no assist for some loving MP unit doing AT.

I'm not a general but wouldn't predeployment training, especially poo poo that costs the state $2.6k a Joe for a no bullshit cert take precedence over washing dishes for professional Buddy fuckers to play Army for two weeks?

I wouldn't be so pissed off if it weren't for the fact that the only reason we're doing this dumb bullshit is because this E6 wants a loving bullet on a NCOER at the expense of the only unit that will put up with his bullshit.

He's been fighting with our instructors over petty poo poo, got into a shouting match with an E4 in front of everyone (and lost), and has rolled over for any other unit that has passed through because he had no authority over anything.

gently caress this gay mission, gently caress the Army, gently caress you SSG suck my dick from the back.

If someone were to fail, write your congressman about fraud/waste/abuse :v:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Justin Tyme posted:

If someone were to fail, write your congressman about fraud/waste/abuse :v:

I'd forward it to his rater.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Im still getting used to being out its weird, sometimes sitting around smoking a bowl i have a panic attack like im doing something wrong, even though im just collecting my disability and using GI bill and getting stoned

wish that poo poo would quit happening man

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It takes time. I got the heebie jeebies staying a hotel this week this that's the last thing I would do before drill.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i've said this before, but i still wake up freaking out that i lost my weapon occasionally

serial 7261059, has anyone seen it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its ok youre a bunch of civvie boots, in a couple years youll be salty as gently caress and beebopping like johnny back on the block again

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i've said this before, but i still wake up freaking out that i lost my weapon occasionally

serial 7261059, has anyone seen it
This, except I have a hard time remembering the serial because it was strangely similar to my SSN.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

W613316

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
152777 please

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
528654 gently caress why do I remember that.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
OPSEC guys sheesh

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Haven't seen that rifle in seven years... Sometimes poo poo just sorta sticks with ya.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I struggle to remember my phone number or home address sometimes these days. gently caress any chance of me ever recalling my rifle that I barely even shot since I was such a pogue that my job isn't even allowed to deploy.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I don't remember my weapons serial, but I still remember TM 9-2320-280-24P. or 9-2320-365-24P if you got a LMTV.

Things that were always breaking on our HMMWVs -
Fan clutches
starter
power steering pumps

Goddammit those loving fan clutches.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Carteret posted:

Goddammit those loving fan clutches.

Same fan clutch that's on one of the big engineer bulldozers. Except on the dozer there's this big cage in the way in addition to, y'know, the engine.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The fan shroud makes the HMMWV one a nightmare. You have no other way to get to it except behind the fan, through the blades with your elbow between the block and the fan. All while esentially loving the top of the engine. NO STEP my rear end

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk i replaced more CV Boots on my goddamn M997 than anything else

gently caress that noise

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My previous 8 days have consisted of dealing with entitled active duty junior logistics officers who have never deployed complaining to me about how the NIPR connection in the TOC is too slow to load their Facebook page. Because I obviously possess the power to increase the bandwidth on the 70mbps satellite link backhauling our network to Bragg. Being a brigade S6 is pretty gay, but I guess at least in another week I get to go back to being a civilian with a beard not having to put on a stupid pajama suit every day. And if all goes according to plan, I'll be in the IRR in three months.

psydude fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 24, 2015

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

It's too bad you're headed to the IRR psydude. We could use a TPU brigade S6 that has the GiPper mentality here.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Retardog posted:

It's too bad you're headed to the IRR psydude. We could use a TPU brigade S6 that has the GiPper mentality here.

look at this guy trying to get people to stay in

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Retardog posted:

username/post combo right here

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

sky shark posted:

http://www.johntreed.com/ranger.html

Commentary on how Ranger school is dumb.

This is like 12,000 words bragging about being a West Pointer. Seriously, he sounds like a 2LT Ring Knocker for most of it, and his points get lost in it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I now have two of my NCOs trying to convince me to go OCS. It's not a horrible idea, I guess, except for the downside of having to stay in the Army.

Overwhelmingly negative downside.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Aranan posted:

I now have two of my NCOs trying to convince me to go OCS. It's not a horrible idea, I guess, except for the downside of having to stay in the Army.

Overwhelmingly negative downside.

if you do this then you lose all rights to bitch about the army

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if you do this then you lose all rights to bitch about the army

Yeah, there's zero chance of it happening.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Since my bitch rear end is stuck till 2019 I'm gonna try and warrant up in the next year or so.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
OCS sucks and the current BC wants to change the course a bit, like make it 2 weeks longer and add a second FTX. If you're already in I have no idea if going to OCS adds more years to your commitment.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
loving sinus infection from lovely bays, report to sick call for antibiotics at 0745.

Still waiting for the duty NCO to take me to the quick care at 0951.

Not allowed to just take a POV because ~Army~

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

loving sinus infection from lovely bays, report to sick call for antibiotics at 0745.

Still waiting for the duty NCO to take me to the quick care at 0951.

Not allowed to just take a POV because ~Army~

you knew better and you still asked for this

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I have no idea how you active duty guys put up with being in the garrison army full time. Heavy drinking? Stockholm syndrome? Masochism?

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Mustang posted:

OCS sucks and the current BC wants to change the course a bit, like make it 2 weeks longer and add a second FTX. If you're already in I have no idea if going to OCS adds more years to your commitment.

OCS is a whole new 8 year contract, and then you don't ETS you just stay on until you gently caress up or resign.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

OCS is a whole new 8 year contract, and then you don't ETS you just stay on until you gently caress up or resign.

Unless your unit is so completely incompetent that they botch your transfer to the IRR and accidentally cancel your entire obligation, while also forgetting to transfer your commission over to the reserves. I only found out when I tried to get into a Civil Affairs unit and heard that I'd have to go through a reappointment board (which wasn't meeting for another 8 months at the time). I'm not in the IRR and don't hold a commission even if I were. gently caress you very much, Wainwright.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Icon Of Sin posted:

Unless your unit is so completely incompetent that they botch your transfer to the IRR and accidentally cancel your entire obligation, while also forgetting to transfer your commission over to the reserves. I only found out when I tried to get into a Civil Affairs unit and heard that I'd have to go through a reappointment board (which wasn't meeting for another 8 months at the time). I'm not in the IRR and don't hold a commission even if I were. gently caress you very much, Wainwright.

*ahem*

grossly incompetent doesn't begin to describe it

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

psydude posted:

I have no idea how you active duty guys put up with being in the garrison army full time. Heavy drinking? Stockholm syndrome? Masochism?

The first one

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

psydude posted:

I just go TDY a lot. Teaching CLS to the Air Force this week! By which I mean I'm going to rush then through this powerpoint nightmare in two days, then spend the rest of the week loving off in San Francisco.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I got a call from an officer accessions recruiter a few days ago. She told me they had done exactly that with my remaining 2 years - failed to transfer me to IRR - and asked if I was interested in some exciting positions for my intel background...yep. Anyway, I already ran through my IRR obligation time period so it doesn't matter.

Does anyone know if resigning your commission is still A Good Idea or if it's safe enough to have just completed IRR time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Icon Of Sin posted:

Unless your unit is so completely incompetent that they botch your transfer to the IRR and accidentally cancel your entire obligation

That happened to me when I ETSed.

• Locked thread