Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

pookel posted:

Except for how he wants to do nothing but play videogames all day, and can't stand losing games or he screams and loses his poo poo, and can't handle being contradicted on anything ....

So basically he's a very short goon, yeah.

Funny, you're not my ex-wife, I could have sworn you were talking about my kid...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
Whenever we do Religious Education, my class of five-year-olds always find a way to spend an inordinate amount of time talking about death. Most recently the question of just how you actually get to heaven came up.

:pseudo: When you die, people put you in a you-sized box and then the box is put in a special room and then the special room uses magic and turns you into dust and then you fly to heaven.

:kiddo: No, it's that when you die your bones turn to dust and then you see an elevator that's all made of clouds and you get in it you have to push the special heaven button to go up to heaven.

Morbidly adorable little buggers. :3:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

pookel posted:

Except for how he wants to do nothing but play videogames all day, and can't stand losing games or he screams and loses his poo poo, and can't handle being contradicted on anything ....

So basically he's a very short goon, yeah.

I was going to say, that sounds like me, no complain here

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I forgot one from the other day. We were at a burger place, and my son had his wrapper fall off the table. Then he looks at me and gravely murmmured "No, twas pickles that killed the beast."

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Choco1980 posted:

I forgot one from the other day. We were at a burger place, and my son had his wrapper fall off the table. Then he looks at me and gravely murmmured "No, twas pickles that killed the beast."
:roflolmao:

How old is he?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

He's the coolest 8 year old in the world.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Choco1980 posted:

That's absolutely brilliant.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My 5yr old is getting slightly emotional about an impending house move so we're being careful not to unnecessarily upset him. I put him to bed yesterday and noticed a spider on the wall so I said "let me get that" he screamed and leapt up, imploring me not to kill Henry. :3: Shortly after I heard him telling the spider all about his new room and what he was looking forward to. I chuckled quietly to myself then he said "Don't worry, I'll take you with me, they'll never know"

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I swear you're all raising little Calvins.
"Hey, I learned all about the ways a black hole can kill you and it's breaking my brain. By the way I dropped a pitcher of juice in the kitchen."

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My wife and two sons are out of state for the weekend.

My wife texted me this gem from our 6-year-old after they got done swimming in the hotel pool:

"Mommy, you know why my eyes are burning? Because someone peed in the pool. That's what Jeff Rossen said on Rossen Report."

We watch the Today Show every single morning.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I told my brother's kid, who is 4 and a half, that old corny joke about the tomato who crosses the street to see if kids still thought it was funny. He didn't find it at all amusing and told me tomatoes can't cross the street in the first place since they don't have skeletons.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
I was explaining to my 4 year old this morning that I was going to hop in the shower to shave my legs. He rubs my legs, comments on how spikey they are. Then says, "But it's okay Mommy; I can still hug them."

And then he did. :3:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Boy about 7 or so, on the bus today: Moooooom! When are you getting married to Leo already?!?

HackensackBackpack has a new favorite as of 02:03 on Aug 8, 2015

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I woke my kids up this morning and my 5 year old son comes up to me and says "daddy im very angry at you. I was dreaming and you woke me up and i didnt finish my dream"

I asked him what he was dreaming about and he goes "i just got my charizard and i didnt get to battle ANYONE before you woke me up. When i go to bed tonight im gonna finish my dream"

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

omnibobb posted:

I woke my kids up this morning and my 5 year old son comes up to me and says "daddy im very angry at you. I was dreaming and you woke me up and i didnt finish my dream"

I asked him what he was dreaming about and he goes "i just got my charizard and i didnt get to battle ANYONE before you woke me up. When i go to bed tonight im gonna finish my dream"

to be fair i'd be pissed off at you too if that happened to me.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah, especially if you get him early and leveled. Beats the gently caress out of everyone past Misty and Brock

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

"Hey dad, has Superman ever given anybody cancer? Like through a wall with his x-ray vision?"'

I'm going to miss my son after he goes back home soon.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
A couple of things from my kids visit:

Im rubbing my sons head as he falls asleep and my daughter wakes up and says "why are you petting my bruddas head when hes not a puppy?"

My son pointed to some Chinese writing and asked me what it said, when I said I didn't know he said "you dont speak ninja?"

My daughter told me my butt was too big to wear a skirt

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
poo poo, can't believe I forgot to post this one earlier. My friend and I took her niece to the pool about a month ago. (Niece is a 4 year old with the mind of a 45 year old, by the way- when she got her finger stuck in a door earlier this year and Friend was consoling her on the ride home, Niece chokes out to her between whimpers, "I love you for being here, Auntie." )

Anyway, we're at the pool and Niece informs us she's gotta poo. So we're trying to get her to go in the direction of the bathrooms which are pretty near the entrance. Friend is holding her by the hand and gently pulling her towards where the bathrooms are so we can get on with it. Niece suddenly erupts in a thoroughly exhausted, dry tone, "Why are you dragging me like a bovine."

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Little girl came in to my store with her mom and grandma the other day, and immediately had to show me her 'magic rock that sparkles (she pronounced it parkles) in the sun'----and then was quick to inform me that 'it doesn't sparkle in the shade!'

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My close friend has a daughter who will be turning 3 in November. She's usually very shy and when asked a question she'll usually hide behind mom. We hang out every once in a while and I know she recognizes me but wasn't really sure if she knew my name or enjoyed my company more than just "That person that tries to talk to me"

Yesterday my friend came to pick me up for lunch while my car was in the shop and had her little daughter in tow. As I came out to get in the car I hear her say "Are we going to see Buggie?! :v:"
I got in the car and turned around to say Hi and she had the biggest grin on her face. That alone made me feel good.

A bit later we made a pit stop and Friend ran inside while I stayed in the car with the kid. She piped up and told me "I got a new bed!!"
"Oh yeah? What kind of bed? Is it big?"
"No, it's a little bed. It's an Elsa bed!"
We talked about beds and elsa until Friend came back.

She stayed open and talkative all afternoon! After returning to my house and hanging out for a little while and her petting my cats and wanting to play with the cat toys, Friend said it was time to go.
"Nooo! I wanna stay with Buggie!!" and she ran over to me and scrambled up in my lap. :3:
I squeezed her tight and said "Well if you stay here you have to sit in my lap right here FOREVER and be MINE!!! :unsmigghh:
She started giggling and kicking like crazy saying "Noo Wait mommy! I changed my mind!!"

I freed her and she ran to my friend laughing and my friend said "Ok, tell Buggie Bye!"
She ran back over and said "Love you Buggie!" and gave me a hug.
:kimchi: :kimchi:
It was a good day.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

My 5-year-old nephew is full of these. We were telling scary stories around the campfire and he busted out: "Once upon a time I saw a WITCH, and it was REALLY SCARY. So I ran away, but then I saw a monster that was EVEN SCARIER. The end!"
Later, I was looking after him in the water. When he saw a crab, so he got scared and wanted me to carry him to the beach. As soon as I put him down on the sand, he faced the bay and said "I think I'll go for another swim."

My sister's friend came over with her kids, and I got played by her 5-year-old daughter. She handed me a half-finished tofu dog saying "All done." I showed her how to put it in the fridge for later, she said she'd be leaving soon.
"You might be hungry again, so I'll save it."
"It's OK, I ate a lot of food today."
"Alright. The food goes in the compost here and the plate goes in the garbage here, see?"

Then she rubs her stomach and says "I just remembered that I didn't eat lunch today. Can I have a cookie?"
I said no, but I wanted to say "gently caress off, kid."

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I remember my mom telling a story, which might have been about me or my brother, about a kid who insisted that they had two separate stomachs, one for regular food and one for dessert. So it was perfectly logical that the meal stomach was full and the dessert stomach was still hungry.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
That's common knowledge here in Norway. My regular stomach usually overflows into my dessert stomach during Christmas.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
My 3 year old, running up and down the corridor:

"Me and Anna are running away from Prince Hans, because he's going to bang Elsa."

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Datasmurf posted:

That's common knowledge here in Norway. My regular stomach usually overflows into my dessert stomach during Christmas.

My family still teases me about an incident when I was 3, I really wanted a candy cane but they wanted me to finish my dinner. I told them I had a candy cane-shaped space in my stomach so obviously the only thing that would fit was a candy cane.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The dessert stomach has been a running joke in my family for years too. I think my brother was the originator.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
It's scientific fact that everybody has a dessert stomach :colbert:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

You learn very quickly as a parent that whenever your child says "I'm full..." you follow that up with "Okay, but no desert or treats later if you are..." About 1 in 10 times they'll actually be full and not want a treat later.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
When I was little I used to say I was full and my parents would make me open my mouth and let them "look" to see if I really was full. I believed it for far too long.

Sirocco
Jan 27, 2009

HEY DIARY! HA HA HA!
My wife found this mysterious list at my mother's house.

What's feank?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I can't read number 5 there as anything but "hary poter [sic] slaying".

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sirocco posted:

What's feank?

Charlie Kelly???

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Sirocco posted:

What's feank?

ron?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Sirocco posted:

What's feank?

1. dragins maof -> dragon's mouth
2. feank???
3. are in man... ???
4. hary poter -> Harry Potter
5. hary poter flaying -> harry potter flying
6. prfeser dome dor -> Professor Dumbledore
7. maofoy -> Malfoy
8. Hmayeny -> Hermione
9. ron? -> Ron?
10. prfeser dome dor ded -> Professor Dumbledor is dead
11. vordomoret -> Voldemort
12. hary poter fitening mawfoy -> Harry Potter fighting Malfoy

I really have no idea about 2 or 3.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
No. 3 might be Hermione.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010
#3 - Iron Man?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Sirocco posted:

What's feank?

Snaek - Snake - Snape

Hydrolith