Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

:yikes: out of all the preexisting "tasteful" options (heart logo, anchor logo, probably others) she went alltime crazyperson.

I wouldn't put it on myself, but I thought toes guy was kind of funny

e:

Factory posted:

The best part of this is that the night before she posted pictures of them signing her arm with the caption 'I said I would do it, here is part 1' or something like that, and I was really hoping seeing the lovely placement and the lovely handwriting that it wasn't going to be this, but here we are.

I'm very surprised that Jonathan, having plenty of his own both good and bad tattoos didn't try to sway her nor use a fine tip sharpie.

No kidding. Double :yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The Facebook group is really unfunny and people pretty much post Fark articles. I haven't looked at it lately but I imagine they enabled this.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

And that is why most country music stars wont sign skin.

Welcome to Nashville, SETH ROMA.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jenamon 8anoquote must be very important to this person.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
She should have gotten a tattoo of the live show itself, with herself as an Apache attack helicopter bearing down on it with insanity.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crescendo posted:

I get it, I hate audiences too. To this day I have never listened to a single live UYD episode. If one ends up in my queue I always skip it.

I just can't stand how the crowds laugh at literally every single joke (and non-joke). It's like an obnoxious sitcom laugh track beating you over the head and pointing out where the funny is. No thanks, I know what I find funny. And let's not forget about the people who can't resist chiming in with their dumb hooting and hollering. People loooove chiming in. Chimos.

I get it, people go to live shows to have a good time and to feed on the energy in the room. People are social and like to laugh together.

That's fine. It's just not UYD. There's a reason why they never have guests on the show or play listener calls. It's called quality control. Other people just ruin the dynamic.

Yes, I'm a sad little person with no friends. :)

imagine a liveshow with audience of nothing but goons

*seth tells a joke*

"I'M CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR MARRIAGE AND YOUR MENTAL WELLBEING"

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
I enjoyed the longform ep (469). It was a bit dull when Jonathan got lost during the story of hacking anonymized genetic data but I think it was more because he was waiting for an opening to interject that didn't come. The other stories worked because there were conversations happening with the main story as a hub.

If they try this format again in the future I bet they'll do a better job of it. One of the things I love about UYD is that they work very deliberately to keep things fresh and not develop crutches. I think live shows are a part of that, and while they might not be our favourite episodes to listen to, I think they keep Jonathan and Seth motivated and that helps the show overall.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah I enjoyed it as well. Just some interesting stories. I think once you stop waiting for the punchline and take it for what it is people will like it.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

The Facebook group is really unfunny and people pretty much post Fark articles. I haven't looked at it lately but I imagine they enabled this.

it's this with every caption saying "Hey ___, are you cool?"

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

This is my son. He's a falcon.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
470 episodes of UYD and my favorite quote is still "Make me shut up."

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

attack it, don't annihilate it

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

*posts article about bacteria in public restrooms*

"oh my god i can't even imagine how seth would deal with this lol"
"noooooooooooooooope"
"that dope ima dip in"

At least Fark articles have a slight chance at being interesting. I unfollowed the group once they started talking about their UYD dreams.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Soiled Meat
UYD space program.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gsfc/20283986193/

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Do you mind?

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
New merch is up:

http://merch.uhhyeahdude.com/

Seems kinda lovely

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

RustyTrombone posted:

New merch is up:

http://merch.uhhyeahdude.com/

Seems kinda lovely

Give it time, I'm sure it'll get better.

On facebook I said something like "Are you serious" to that gross signature tattoo that one person got and people started flaming me. One girl was like, "Way to build things up, dude." :lol:

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Caper posted:

Give it time, I'm sure it'll get better.

This is like their 4th merch store opening.

I mean, really, that 1337-speak sleeve print? What the gently caress am I looking at?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Put the loving prism logo on a normal t-shirt, jesus christ it's not that hard

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
The cactus design looks lame on the shirt, tho I think it looks p good on the bag

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

WoG posted:

This is like their 4th merch store opening.

I mean, really, that 1337-speak sleeve print? What the gently caress am I looking at?

Yeah that stuff is all p. disappointing. I'd buy some stickers but they're sold out.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I dont know what you people are complaining about. The day UYD does merch right is the day the whole show implodes.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Brock Samson posted:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I listened to the boston episode and the crowd did seem pretty rowdy although you couldn't really hear what they were saying.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I did like that Jonathan specifically discouraged the chimers back and forth.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm sitting in the waiting room at the vet right now and Say Yes To The Dress is on. Nick Wallendia, AKA the high wire guy the boys always complain about, is the groom :stare:

Also

Brock Samson posted:

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm down with the $3@tB37t$ longsleeve. Lil Babyhead would pick that. Still miss the prism logo. I need that on a tanktop bad.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I called the voicemail last week to share some of the terrible, hosed up, incredibly nasty messages you get as a chick on dating sites and Seth called me back yesterday :3: We discussed boner rage and dudes being hosed up and he said if I'm still dealing with this in 3 years we can get married so we now have tentative plans to wed on his 45th birthday.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

C-Euro posted:

I'm sitting in the waiting room at the vet right now and Say Yes To The Dress is on. Nick Wallendia, AKA the high wire guy the boys always complain about, is the groom :stare:

Also

Oh jesus praise jesus ohhh Jesus.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Soiled Meat

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

I called the voicemail last week to share some of the terrible, hosed up, incredibly nasty messages you get as a chick on dating sites and Seth called me back yesterday :3: We discussed boner rage and dudes being hosed up and he said if I'm still dealing with this in 3 years we can get married so we now have tentative plans to wed on his 45th birthday.

I've yet to try for a callback from Seth but knowing he calls listeners back on occasion is still one of my favourite things.

Also that wedding podcast is gonna be pretty dope.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Scut posted:

I've yet to try for a callback from Seth but knowing he calls listeners back on occasion is still one of my favourite things.

Also that wedding podcast is gonna be pretty dope.

He called me back while I was on a road trip with my girlfriend. Just so happens we were listening to one of the live shows at that exact time and he said, "That's awesome man. Let these mellifluous tones follow you from state to state." :lol:

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Yeah, He's called me back anytime that I've called, and when I sent him a card for his 40th bday he sent me a signed poster back. As he says, or used to, look me up, I'm in the book.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I went to the Psychiatry: An Industry of Murder museum yesterday and Seth's description doesn't do justice to how mental it is

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

oatgan posted:

I went to the Psychiatry: An Industry of Murder museum yesterday and Seth's description doesn't do justice to how mental it is

God, I want to go to that place but I'm scared of being kidnapped by Sci-Ties. How nervous did you feel about the staff?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Binowru posted:

God, I want to go to that place but I'm scared of being kidnapped by Sci-Ties. How nervous did you feel about the staff?

the staff just hangs out in the lobby. One guy was pretty chill but the other hit us with the "every mass shooting since columbine can be traced to psychiatric drugs" sales pitch before he even asked our names. They have you sign in with a bunch of personal information and lead you into a padded room to watch an intro video which comes across like a political attack ad. The first half of the museum is actually a kinda cool look at how insane medicine was in the 1700's albeit with a fairly transparent agenda. Then you round a corner into modern times and they start hitting you with this

Then you sit down in a recreation of a columbine classroom and they play a video about how children are being poisoned.

Then they lead you into a room with a timeline on the wall called MASTERMINDS OF DESTRUCTION and its a timeline of modern medicine with red lines connecting The Master Plan to The Holocaust and 9/11 and Slavery and Mind Control. They play a video that asserts that psychiatrists are trying to control the world from behind the scenes featuring a testimonial from Ron Paul

This whole time they never once mention scientology and try to hide the affiliation until the last stop on the tour when you reach this room which has all kinds of literature you can buy about psychiatry's connection to Satan worship and terrorism and Catholic sex scandals

They had a 2 for 1 deal on t-shirts this weekend and I regret not buying one

oatgan fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 31, 2015

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Those are some very nice pictures

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

do you have any more pictures?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
As I was reading that I was thinking it was some SciTi poo poo and I'm not surprised. The bulletin board with the red lines is almost self aware.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
rip oatgan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I would have taken more pictures but they kept stressing no photos or videos allowed and it was very apparent you were being watched the entire time. Some of the other posters I went with may have more.