Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
To be absolutely correct, it's actually base damage*2*2.25*36 because of the combo count

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Looking for: a rockin' Lu Bu would be a major plus, but I'm open to others

326887249 I have a hella swolebu for you.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Plorkyeran posted:

Being able to take two hits rather than just one has made the difference more than once this weekend, especially when I don't even notice that I'm at the boss floors. 80 runs of KotG over two days requires a very forgiving team.

I feel you. When I was making that post I almost lost by not paying attemntion, somehow used ronia without anything else and then just flubbed it but was able to tank a hit and heal back up with pandora before i realized to just use batman and lubu like normal.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

cryptoclastic posted:

Also, GoodBee, I threw my BF at you on my US account since you had said you wanted to be friends. So now you have my D.Kali always available! I think? Enjoy her.

SaffronKit, did you want this triangle or do you want to think about it? I forget what other of our leaders match. I run AGoemon on weekends, AMinerva and AParvati. I still use Athena too. I've got mini ronia or Lu Bu I could put up on request.

Alternatively, I've got a pubbie friend with a DKali. I forgot if it's skilled since it's not up right now but it has some pluses. Their other stuff isn't stuff I use though.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I don't want to triangle! Nobody needs to add me back! I just threw it there because you had mentioned it, and I wasn't going to use it anyway.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So now that I've got my A.Isis and Kali, I'm starting to work up to ARa. Unfortunately, I need some more redXP and a ame- and topalit, but I can practice with LLRa. It's pretty fun, especially after being so mono-color with Athena/Skuld/Verd/Laks and now Sara.
Challenging and fun. It's weird though, I've actually had more trouble matching on an Lkali board than a normal one. Guess I need more practice :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

In a surprise twist while going to the beach today, I discovered you can get + eggs out of the pal machine. Got 3 out of about 30 rolls which isn't terrible I suppose. Also got a phoenix in case I ever roll a Shiva.

In other news, I also managed to roll a Claire out of the Island REM! :whoop: Now I've got no excuse to not run my D. Meta team since I've got a fantastic heartbreaker for it finally. I'll be running her in my slot 1 395,351,360 friend ID if anyone wants another D. Meta buddy.

I'm undecided on who I want to start feeding my + eggs to now that I've maxed out HP and RCV on my Urd. I'm definatly going to focus them on my D.Meta team, but I'm torn between D.Meta and Claire. Claire will have a solid place on any dark team I make in the future, while D.Meta will be great for my friends. Thoughts?

edit:

GoodBee posted:

SaffronKit, did you want this triangle or do you want to think about it? I forget what other of our leaders match. I run AGoemon on weekends, AMinerva and AParvati. I still use Athena too. I've got mini ronia or Lu Bu I could put up on request.

Alternatively, I've got a pubbie friend with a DKali. I forgot if it's skilled since it's not up right now but it has some pluses. Their other stuff isn't stuff I use though.

You posted just as I was working on mine, I'm definatly still down for the BFF thing! I've got a number of different leaders, I can Rodin for farming (think I'm going to finally try and skill him up), almost hypermax Urd, Verdandi, D.Meta, L. Kali, Athena, A. Neptune, Ronia (need to level her) and a whole bunch of other random stuff I could work on. I will definatly be working on A. Parvati eventually because I've got a bunch of subs that would be great for her.

Maybe we can eventually find someone who's actually wants to run D.Kali as well.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 24, 2015

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Evil Fluffy posted:

Doesn't show me anything. I get a popup window and some text with an ok button. I started the dungeon last night but got distracted and didn't finish it until this morning. Maybe it got all hosed up or just didn't count. :(

Lol well obviously, the time limit for scoring was until midnight. How could a score submitted after that count?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

Lol well obviously, the time limit for scoring was until midnight. How could a score submitted after that count?

Well, I do know his score: 0. Since he went over the five minutes limit.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Well, I do know his score: 0. Since he went over the five minutes limit.

Scores that go over 5 minutes still count unless it's over 70000 (which is like average 14 combos meaning you probably used board refreshers)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

Scores that go over 5 minutes still count unless it's over 70000 (which is like average 14 combos meaning you probably used board refreshers)

I was lied to! Thanks.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

326887249 I have a hella swolebu for you.

heck yeah! :) :hf: :)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yes because Ult Goemon's skill still has a few more turns than waves and you're better off just stalling half a dozen turns where you have solid control over the incoming damage to get as low as possible. Then you just blow through each stage with a single red match unless you get above 20% hp, at which point you maybe do a TPA with red to ensure non-dubmyth/metal king things die immediately.

Since I have A.Kagu, Disco Hera, and Gigas it's pretty much impossible for any wave to survive a red TPA since those three alone will generally do enough damage to kill everything.

Ah, well I got the goemon team to work. Only a few skilled friends, not that it matters if yours isnt skilled. Floors 7-10 are more fun with Goemon squad, but having to stall so many turns and pay attention so much made it slower and less mindless. It was funto try out, but ultimately it just made me appreciate my solid LuBonia team. So much more forgiving and risk-free.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
So, I can't build a proper DMeta team in JP, because I'm missing both Hanzo and Claire. However, I've got an idea for something that may work. How bad of an idea would https://www.padherder.com/user/Moose_jp/teams/#161602 be? It doesn't really make use of the DMeta rows, and I know that's how DMeta normally builds. But with the HP boost on DMeta now, it ends up with 39000 HP out of the gate, and 49.9k when full 297ed. Satsuki brings Three prongs. 1700 base attack, and a pretty nice orb change that will synergize with Haku's full board change (while also being another way to eliminate poison orbs). Awakenings are solid all around for the team too.

Is there something I'm missing here? This will be a long distant future team since it's a huge team cost (250 needed) and a lot of investment to skill up. But it may be a nice contrast to my LMeta team I'm running.

And yes, I'll eventually build that green team out. But the motivation just plain isn't there when I have a better version of it on my US account :(

EDIT: I just realized, I have 4 genbus on the account. I need a Zuo so badly :(

MrMoose fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 24, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, leilan can invade on the second to last floor of scarlet's dungeon and replace her first form.

I'm slowly getting used to her dungeon. So I should be able to skill her up a bit.

Dieland
Sep 12, 2014

Anyone want a rank 450 account on puzzle dragons?

https://imgur.com/a/hwBah

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Level it to a nice, round 500 and then we shall see.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Spamtron7000 posted:

Call me compulsive. $23 gone and not sure which, if any of these I'll need or use:

Haku
Karin
Suzaku
Meimei
Sakuya
Tsukuyomi

Yeah I think I just wasted 23 bucks.

I suppose these are actually the lowercase versions?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Dieland posted:

Are you quitting? Is this for anyone?

Dieland
Sep 12, 2014

FrickenMoron posted:

Are you quitting? Is this for anyone?

Yeah I'm bored of matching orbs and I didn't want this account to go to waste so may as well let someone else have it.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

If no one ends up wanting it, I'll take it. Slowly building up my collection of goon quitting PAD accounts.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

trucutru posted:

Haha, leilan can invade on the second to last floor of scarlet's dungeon and replace her first form.

I'm slowly getting used to her dungeon. So I should be able to skill her up a bit.

If that happens, does the boss music start playing for Leilan or wait for Scarlet proper?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm way way behind on the meta and now I come back see a whole bunch of gods have new Awoken ultimates with insane material requirements since I last played. I have a whole bunch of Egyptians and Chinese gods that can use them, does anyone have an opinion on them? The theme for Awoken Egyptians seems to be multipliers on turns a skill is used and the theme for Awoken Chinese is damage reduction for whatever colours their active uses. Worth it?

Dieland
Sep 12, 2014

ChikoDemono posted:

If no one ends up wanting it, I'll take it. Slowly building up my collection of goon quitting PAD accounts.

All yours, Sent a PM to you with the details.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Took me 8 tries on the level four challenge dungeon in JP before the red snowglobe showed up. Desire sensors are active today, be careful.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Dieland posted:

Someone likes batman!

Really nice account!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

GOD DAMNIT I NEED A DUB TOPALIT FOR SPHINX AHHHHGHGHG

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Pierson posted:

I'm way way behind on the meta and now I come back see a whole bunch of gods have new Awoken ultimates with insane material requirements since I last played. I have a whole bunch of Egyptians and Chinese gods that can use them, does anyone have an opinion on them? The theme for Awoken Egyptians seems to be multipliers on turns a skill is used and the theme for Awoken Chinese is damage reduction for whatever colours their active uses. Worth it?

Yes yes yes. They are without a doubt the best cards in the game ATM.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

ChikoDemono posted:

Yo, I've got someone who wants to try the account and is willing to give it away again if he finds it too overwhelming. Shoot me a pm if its OK.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks to 3x Normals, two more of my mons have now joined Club Hypermax:

:toot:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Huh, once the Eva changes (and Greek 2.0 Alt. Evos) get here, I can actually put together a pretty decent S&K team for farming and easier descends with S&K/Shinji/Hermes/Sharon/Toki/S&K. 12.5x unconditional with 2 rounds of ~30x burst and 8 rows can handle basically every non-green, pre-juggler mythical descend without much trouble, and I imagine it'll keep being able to handle collabs and biweeklies and poo poo for a while

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

Thanks to 3x Normals, two more of my mons have now joined Club Hypermax:

:toot:

Nice - I'm 12 RCV eggs from getting Shiva there.

On that same subject - wanting to get some thoughts. I've got a hypermax Athena that's been languishing in my box for a while, and I think it's time to put her to pasture. Throwing 5M XP plus all of the farming for the skillups away is hard, but I think is ultimately the right thing to do. Now, the real question is - who gets to eat? I've got a number of options, tempting for different reasons:

A.Shiva's awesome, so let's make his team more awesome]
Plus we can be good leads in our own right
Urd
Yamato

Plus I can help with gimmicky speed-farming
Hino

[b[Green's still relevant![/b]
Verdandi
Bastet
Meimei
GrAthena
Parvati

Maybe if I hyper one of these, I'll finally roll that L.Kali
Horus
Ra

Kinda leaning towards the Shiva camp, but not sure who's the best recipient. Hino gets the most out of the + eggs as a sub with the prongs, but Urd and Yamato give me other viable leads.

However, Bastet and Verd are also crazy good, and feeding Athena to GrAthena has a poetic justice feeling to it as well.

I know, First World PAD Problems, but it's a hard decision.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Oh boy time to collect skill ups for some of the healer girls

*thump*

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Holy poo poo, UPC just posted this on FB:

http://imgur.com/PYjKSEN

I guess all from running Coin SV. That is a lot of plusses...

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

two_step posted:

Lol wasn't he at max gold before all this? That's a lot of coin SV runs. How many stones did you use UPC?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

maou shoujo posted:

If that happens, does the boss music start playing for Leilan or wait for Scarlet proper?

The boss music and warning are delayed until you see the actual boss.

Getting an invade is great because she's a thousand times easier than anything in that dungeon (which has a freaky messed up difficulty)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

UchihaHirou posted:

Lol wasn't he at max gold before all this? That's a lot of coin SV runs. How many stones did you use UPC?

He was. Holy poo poo :eyepop:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

two_step posted:

Compared to his previous +egg rampage (where he maxed like 30 monsters running 5x technicals) that's nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

heisenberg posted:

I know, First World PAD Problems, but it's a hard decision.
One thing I've been wary of is having too many teams that work the same way. It's why I have +500 sitting around on trash or Tamadra. Also, commitment issues. I've lumped Ra, Bastet, LKali, and Horus together in the same general category of big damage with no HP or RCV boost, while Shiva plays at a lower multiplier but gets the RCV boost. Also something to keep in mind: Shiva Dragon is pretty much the best leader and will (?) be coming to NA in the near future.

With Shiva Dragon in mind, I'd throw +eggs at Yamato. Some +ATK eggs on Kagu would be good too if you can do the Kagu+Goemon thing. If you want to go the big damage leader route then Green looks good.

• Locked thread