Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Please refer to the thread title :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Hey now, it's only bad on Wednesdays, everyone poops on Wednesday :(

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

Silver Nitrate posted:

Hey now, it's only bad on Wednesdays, everyone poops on Wednesday :(

I definitely do not miss Snake Poo Mondays or Regurge Tuesdays.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
That's why I like my nice, quiet geckos who never alert me when they poop.

In sadder news, I found where my missing-presumed-eaten paddle tail newt went :( we found the newt-cracker under a kitchen cabinet in the very far end of the house - literally by the back door when his tank was next to the front door. Fueled by pure paddle tail rage I'm sure. RIP Isaac Newton, you were my angriest pet. :ghost:

(I feel so incredibly guilty about rearranging your tank in such a way as to create a ramp, little guy :smith:)

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Happy World Lizard Day!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh wow that's painful.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

OneTwentySix posted:

Happy World Lizard Day!

Noice.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
The pangolin was a stroke of genius :golfclap:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Herp Megathread 3: Everyone Poops on Wednesday

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/IIXZl

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Last night my ball python farted so loud at 2:00 am it work me up. And I had to clean up the messy poop that was left behind..

queserasera posted:

Herp Megathread 3: Everyone Poops on Wednesday

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/IIXZl

quote:

The most noticeable thing about Ball Pythons are the little holes right above their mouth. That's their nose.
I don't think that's right. They are heat pits.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I just liked the pretty pictures. :saddowns:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gud90-1DbtI

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Binary Logic posted:

Last night my ball python farted so loud at 2:00 am it work me up. And I had to clean up the messy poop that was left behind..

It's nearly 5am and I can't sleep because mine is exploring and crashing about, climbing things and falling off and pushing stuff over. She keeps pushing her face into the glass and surprising my dog who forgets she exists most of the time :T

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Argh, I'm having so much trouble waiting for my skink! I'm so excited to get the little guy, but I've still got at least a week or two before my PVC cage shows up and then another few days before I'll get him/her shipped to me. So hard to wait.

Thank you for listening to my rant. Here are photos the breeder sent me.

Cless Alvein fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 18, 2015

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

That is a cute skink!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Just got bitten by my royal python for the second time and this time it wasn't because I surprised him.

I opened up his tub and he seemed normal if a little twitchy. When I put my hand in he bit it before rising up and tracking me about in the same way he tracks his food as I bring it in on the tongues.

I hope this isn't a sign that there is something up with him.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

freelop posted:

Just got bitten by my royal python for the second time and this time it wasn't because I surprised him.

I opened up his tub and he seemed normal if a little twitchy. When I put my hand in he bit it before rising up and tracking me about in the same way he tracks his food as I bring it in on the tongues.

I hope this isn't a sign that there is something up with him.

Your snake is fine.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Your snake is fine.

Okay good to know.
I worry too much.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you
He just hates you, it's ok.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Sounds like he was in feeding mode when you went to get him. Next time if you go to get him and he seems really alert, especially if he is tracking your hands, tap him lighty with something like a roll of paper towels or snake hook. Tap him until his head moves away from what is poking him. This will get him out of feeding mode. :)

Edit: I tried really hard not to say "poke him with a stick until he knocks it off" but that's basically what you are doing so... :v:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Good to know thanks :)

Planning on picking up a new viv today as what he has is a small tub.
Should give him a few more places to hide in

edit: Picked it up

:3

freelop fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 21, 2015

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
I got my skink yesterday. It is the angriest little thing ever. It is so cute and awesome.

A couple times it has sized up my finger, slooooowly put the side of my finger into its mouth and bit down. Then it calmed down a bit and used my armpit as a warm place to take a nap. :3:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My Kenyan sand boa had her babies this morning. Was pretty loving sweet to watch. Will have a number tomorrow when I feed her and steal the little goobers out of her tank.

Sadly the bumblebee ball's eggs all went bad.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
I would really love to see a picture of your adorable baby snakes, Cowslip. :3:

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
Edit: Well, gently caress it, nevermind.

snake and bake fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 25, 2015

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

So adorable that the tables are breaking!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

2,988px × 5,312px
Lemme guess: cell phone pics, posted from cell phone.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
You should give him another hide (1 on warm side, 1 on cool side) and more coverage.

freelop posted:

Good to know thanks :)

Planning on picking up a new viv today as what he has is a small tub.
Should give him a few more places to hide in

edit: Picked it up

:3

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Binary Logic posted:

You should give him another hide (1 on warm side, 1 on cool side) and more coverage.

The skull is on the cold side and the cave is on the warm side. There are also a few more cardboard tubes dispersed about.
What would be good for coverage?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

freelop posted:

The skull is on the cold side and the cave is on the warm side. There are also a few more cardboard tubes dispersed about.

You're in the UK right?

Go to poundland. Get fake foliage from poundland. Replace it when it gets moldy or beat up. Fake flowers are totally cool. Just don't let'em in his water.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You're in the UK right?

Go to poundland. Get fake foliage from poundland. Replace it when it gets moldy or beat up. Fake flowers are totally cool. Just don't let'em in his water.

Poundland is my favorite gay bar.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

freelop posted:

The skull is a nice decoration but not a hide. A ball python isn't going to feel any security curling up in something with so many holes and openings.
Not sure why you put cardboard tubes in your snake enclosure or what their purpose it. Did someone at a pet store recommend that?

Good coverage is anything the snake can get into or under so he can't easily be seen. Fake vines, cork wood tunnels and flats, cave-like structures, clutter.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 25, 2015

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Went into poundland but they had no artificial foliage.
Picked up a whole bunch of small plastic plant pots that I've cut a hole in and turned upside down to make a bunch more small hidey holes though.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

freelop posted:

Went into poundland but they had no artificial foliage.
Picked up a whole bunch of small plastic plant pots that I've cut a hole in and turned upside down to make a bunch more small hidey holes though.

Huh. Usually poundland does. Poundworld, maybe?

Still, that's a good start.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
My snakes loving love tubes. Keep tubes make snake obstacle course imo.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Figured I'd try to contribute some pictures since I was at the local zoo recently and they have this huge hall (11'000m2) with a tropical rainforest trying to imitate the Masoala rainforest on Madagascar. It is pretty amazing and there are a lot of things to see and discover, every visit is different too, this was the first time I've found one of the chameleons for example. This project is going so awesome, they don't actually have population counts for some of the smaller animals anymore.

So while walking along the path we found this guy (Panther Chameleon)

He was sitting still like that ignoring people walking past about 1 meter next to him, there was a second one in the same bush as well. Not sure why they choose to hang out next to the path when they could go hide deep in the forest, guess they figured they're safe/unseen.

And these (Madagascar day gecko) were all over the place, they just don't care about all the humans walking by.

Not sure if these geckos would be a good pet but they sure are super cute and it's very tempting, by the looks of it they don't mind companions either.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Tahirovic posted:

And these (Madagascar day gecko) were all over the place, they just don't care about all the humans walking by.

Not sure if these geckos would be a good pet but they sure are super cute and it's very tempting, by the looks of it they don't mind companions either.
My roommate had a pair of these. They did great in the vertical vivarium she had.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
I got a hemipenis shed :v: snekdik skin

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Interesting survey on herps, was directed to it by a posting from USARK. Takes about 10 minutes to answer the questions:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2015SWCHR

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Took it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Binary Logic posted:

Interesting survey on herps, was directed to it by a posting from USARK. Takes about 10 minutes to answer the questions:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2015SWCHR
Done. Cool survey. Anybody want to tell me what the last snake was? I just put "Colubrid, nonvenomous." v:v:v