Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Beast of Bourbon posted:

so is the safari ad blocker thing on ios just going to be like adblock pro plus addition where the adblock people can "approve" ads/companies and those ads go through.

except in adblocks case, you can turn that off, but in apple's case I"m sure that you won't be able to.

so basically every advertiser is just going to have to pay Apple a fee to get through the adblocker...

lol, user-hostile and anti-competitive. nice 1 cupertino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

horse mans posted:

I did that too until the last few seasons of archer had ads at the start and end of each episode anyway
gently caress taht

what the ever loving gently caress

for real?

ugh

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Beast of Bourbon posted:

so is the safari ad blocker thing on ios just going to be like adblock pro plus addition where the adblock people can "approve" ads/companies and those ads go through.

except in adblocks case, you can turn that off, but in apple's case I"m sure that you won't be able to.

so basically every advertiser is just going to have to pay Apple a fee to get through the adblocker...

no

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Beast of Bourbon posted:

no

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my coworker asked the same thing and i went into detail about it. but i wish i should have just said " nope" and not wasted my time

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Beast of Bourbon posted:

this is a really stupid post

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

safari content blocker gonna be so good

i have the ios9 beta, how do i get the adblockers??

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i have the ios9 beta, how do i get the adblockers??

http://murphyapps.co/blog/2015/8/21/crystal-update

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ludwig van Halen posted:

how do i get the adblockers??

cool post from 10 years ago

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Beast of Bourbon posted:

lol why would apple a company with the yearly income of a small country give a single poo poo about pennies from ad companies

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

apple doing stuff like that first party is a legit antitrust concern

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
well its good they arnetn then isnti ti.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

DURRRRRRR HURRRRRR DEEERRRRR

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

hobbesmaster posted:

how

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
someone else come in and post about something aplle specfically isnt doing and get mad about it so we can get a triple threat going.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

hobbesmaster posted:

:morbo:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i heard that if you try connecting an anroid device to your apple airport extreme's wifi network, it won't let it on and cause it to crash

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
my iPad charger no longer charges my iPad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i heard that if you try connecting an anroid device to your apple airport extreme's wifi network, it won't let it on and cause it to crash

thats true but it turns out applel didnt do anyhting android is sjjust bad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

a bloo bloo bloo,
    my ads wont go through

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Stux posted:

someone else come in and post about something aplle specfically isnt doing and get mad about it so we can get a triple threat going.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
apparentyl they're cancelling osx but not macs but also they wont be able to run windows or linux anymore its just ios? have ug uys herad this? this might be cause for a class action...

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Stux posted:

apparentyl they're cancelling osx but not macs but also they wont be able to run windows or linux anymore its just ios? have ug uys herad this? this might be cause for a class action...

WOW. CRAPPLE AT IT AGAIN, DAMMIT IVES. RIP STEVE

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I heard that the App Store will ban your app if you make an android version. someone call the department of justice antitrust division because this monopoly needs busting

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I heard the ad blocking also blocks other undesirable content like articles fail to glorify the triumphant people's revolution or articles that don't show the wonderful working conditions at Foxconn.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Oh, and the fingerprints stay on the device! Trust us!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

Oh, and the fingerprints stay on the device! Trust us!

pffft sure they do... everyone knows apple collects fingerprints because they're trying to find a suitable surrogate for their steve jobs clone. i'm talking to my lawyer about this on wednesday..

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

LOL the Dow fell over 1000 points the first few mins of trading. my Apple order at 95 went through

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
I'm surprised at how well the new Macbook can run photoshop, work gave me a new copy and it's handling it fine

Apple continues to make products that surprise and delight, it's no wonder their stocks are skyrocketing

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

cremnob posted:

LOL the Dow fell over 1000 points the first few mins of trading. my Apple order at 95 went through

are you kidding me??
its already back to 105!!!!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

cremnob posted:

This is good for bitcoin!

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

timb emailed cramer

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wow apples in such bad shape they have tim out doing pr.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

wow apples in such bad shape they have cremnob out doing pr.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

ləl

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shaggar posted:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

apple down less than 1% from over 13% so mission accomplished. hope apple bought back a lot of stock in the opening minutes

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
rip appl

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
apple's continued slide is gonna own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
reports are coming in that steve cook just signed a reverse mortgage to keep apple afloat til the iphone 6s launch

• Locked thread