Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Is this an authorized revival or a fan-effort? I don't want to pay cash money to get something that will inevitably get shut down by copyright claims.

This is a fan effort, which makes them accepting "donations" that give you cash shop currency shady at best.

That said if someone does get in they should make a thread in the MMO subforum if it's any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
The Beerus slap was kinda disappointing this episode, I liked the movie version where it was so nonchalant, didn't like the overly dramatic slap and fall

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
"The fans really liked that 30 second scene from the movie, so let's take that scene and turn it into an overdramatic and drawn out five minute sequence. They like five minute transformation sequences, right?"

- Dragonball Super's director

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Now I remember why I read the manga, because that was way too long and drawn out, so instead of going wow, you're instead wondering when something will actually happen.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I, for one, love watching Vegeta have a panic attack for extended periods of time. Incidentally, the first Broly movie is good.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

New Leaf posted:

Is this an authorized revival or a fan-effort? I don't want to pay cash money to get something that will inevitably get shut down by copyright claims.

Yeah this looks scummy as poo poo. "Copyright Dragon Ball Online Global. All Rights Reserved"

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Dragonball Super's soundtrack is really good. Also Krillin being Krillin and Yamcha loving it up was pretty funny.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I like how Yamcha told Krillin to stop protecting his own daughter and fight. Apparently his legs were broken or something.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I nearly lost it when Yamcha said "I'll protect your daughter with my life, you go fight." As if Yamcha could actually protect anyone.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Onmi posted:

actually he realized he was growing old and didn't want to die of old age, so he and Vegeta flew out to another galaxy and killed one another in one final blazing glorious combat.

I know this post is old, but has any fanfiction been posted based around this idea?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Crosspeice posted:

Now I remember why I read the manga, because that was way too long and drawn out, so instead of going wow, you're instead wondering when something will actually happen.

Same here; the anime just isn't calling enough characters cocksucking motherfuckin faggots for my liking.

Mangastream has effectively killed my interest in the manga with their translations. If I wanted characters that curse more than I do in DBZ, I'd write Xenoverse fanfiction or just watch old VHS fansubs of DBZ.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 24, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is there a non-"look, I'm not a weirdo for reading kid comics because, look, they are mature because they cuss all the time" version of the super manga?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Some Numbers posted:

I nearly lost it when Yamcha said "I'll protect your daughter with my life, you go fight." As if Yamcha could actually protect anyone.

My reaction during that scene was "Yamcha, no, you'll die. You're no match for Marron."

Covok posted:

Is there a non-"look, I'm not a weirdo for reading kid comics because, look, they are mature because they cuss all the time" version of the super manga?

I am this close to just taking their version, erasing all the text in photoshop, and redoing all the dialogue myself. One more issue of Dragon Ball Shitfuck and I just might.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I've finally got round to watching Revival of F. I really enjoyed watching it and thought it was easily on par with Battle of the Gods.

I like them positioning the series as "Goku and Vegeta need to learn to work together," just because I'm giddy with anticipation for when they finally cave and do the fusion dance.

I don't know why I like Gogeta so much, perhaps because his appearances have both been pretty spectacular.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 24, 2015

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

He specifically said "life", right? Yamcha is great at dying.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I've finally got round to watching Revival of F. I really enjoyed watching it and thought it was easily on par with Battle of the Gods.

I think them positioning the series as "Goku and Vegeta need to learn to work together," just because I'm giddy with anticipation for when they finally cave and do the fusion dance.

I don't know why I like Gogeta so much, perhaps because his appearances have both been pretty spectacular.

I'm hoping Goku mentioning having to do the fusion dance in episode 3 is some kind of foreshadowing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

He specifically said "life", right? Yamcha is great at dying.

True, but how would him dying protect Marron?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

sharktamer posted:

I'm hoping Goku mentioning having to do the fusion dance in episode 3 is some kind of foreshadowing.

Super Saiyan Godgeta Super Saiyan

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No, no, they need to then discover higher levels of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4 Super Saiyan, which looks just like Super Saiyan 4 but is a bright neon blue.

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

True, but how would him dying protect Marron?

Gives her time to run?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

ImpAtom posted:

No, no, they need to then discover higher levels of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4 Super Saiyan, which looks just like Super Saiyan 4 but is a bright neon blue.

Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4???

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Farecoal posted:

Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4???

Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Golden Neon Blue Monkey Level 4

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gohan lost more power over the course of the year between BoG and RF than he did in the 7 or 8 years that passed between Cell and Buu.

What I'm saying is Videl is actually the strongest character in the series since she seems to be some strength siphoning vampire.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Baal posted:

What I'm saying is Videl is actually the strongest character in the series since she seems to be some strength siphoning vampire.
Gohan bones Videl on the regular. Turns out manko is the true kryptonite to the Super Saya-jin!

Goku has no need for physical intimacy that does not involve fists and prolonged grunting.

Mogomra posted:

Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Golden Neon Blue Monkey Level 4
Heh... I guess you could call this form... DIVINE SAIYAN!
(scribbles out fanfic)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sharktamer posted:

I seriously doubt it is, since that line is taken from Battle of Gods. It's Goku merely pointing out that the way they overpowered Super Buu is nowhere near enough to fight Beerus, putting his power in perspective (if the fact that he just beat up everyone with extreme ease isn't enough)

That said it'd be really cool if once we hit something that won't get an important part of the fandom whining (if that even exists...), Goku and Vegeta do end up using Fusion to face whoever the big bad of the series ends up being (Champa, maybe)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FilthyImp posted:

Goku has no need for physical intimacy that does not involve fists and prolonged grunting.

:stare:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Leave that lamer Gogeta to the movies and GT. Figure out some way to get them to Potara instead. :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Or, and here me out here, when they said Goku and Veggie could beat anybody if they work together they didn't mean they should do some quick cheat stuff like fusion, they just meant they should work together instead of fighting 1 on 1.

Actually, sarcasm aside, we've already seen that Goku and Vegta working together is better than them fused. Fused they failed to beat Buu, but them working in tandem beat kid Buu.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair they intentionally got absorbed by Buu, like they knew could kill him and didn't because they wanted to try and save the others. Like whenever Goku and Vegeta are fused they never actually lose, they just stop fighting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Baal posted:

To be fair they intentionally got absorbed by Buu, like they knew could kill him and didn't because they wanted to try and save the others. Like whenever Goku and Vegeta are fused they never actually lose, they just stop fighting.

Yeah, pretty much. Vegeto was the best.:allears:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Baal posted:

which I guess shows that Vegeto's a dumbass, since they could have just revived them with the dragon balls anyway.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vegito didn't beat Buu because Toriyama thought it would be an incredibly trashy way to win, having Goku and Kid Buu slug it out after having mutually exhausted all their bullshit was a far classier way to tie up an arc that has revolved almost entirely around it

Assuming Super continues on from RoF's story arc I could see them using Fusion as a way of Goku and Vegeta accepting each other as equals and comrades, though I still think it sucks

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Monaghan posted:

which I guess shows that Vegeto's a dumbass, since they could have just revived them with the dragon balls anyway.

Fan theory: Buu is magic, so for all they know, his victims might have their souls tied to him or something and didn't want to risk it. I mean, the most widely accepted reason for the fact that the Kais Buu absorbed weren't with the others was that it happened so long ago that they were completely assimilated or something.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Not really much of a fan theory since Fat Buu is Buu and that one Kai.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

vegito is the strongest and my friend

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Monaghan posted:

I'd like to believe that it was more they didn't want to end up killing their own kids too because all of them had a pretty good track record of not dying except Piccolo.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Vegito didn't beat Buu because Toriyama thought it would be an incredibly trashy way to win, having Goku and Kid Buu slug it out after having mutually exhausted all their bullshit was a far classier way to tie up an arc that has revolved almost entirely around it

Assuming Super continues on from RoF's story arc I could see them using Fusion as a way of Goku and Vegeta accepting each other as equals and comrades, though I still think it sucks

I mean, I'd probably see it as them using Fusion to take on an absurdly strong foe, beating them down as quickly as they can against a trying time limit and hoping that they can do enough damage that when they defuse they can still take him.

So Goku and Vegeta win not only by working together as one person, but finish the job by working together as individuals.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Just watched RoF last night, best line: It's cheeeeeese.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Momomo posted:

I like how Yamcha told Krillin to stop protecting his own daughter and fight. Apparently his legs were broken or something.

I kinda wanted him to throw the Kienzan at Beerus just to see if he would need to dodge it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Watching Kai, I can't help but wish for some more varied musical options. I get that it's all original, but they re-use the same music over and over and over and over.. And what's the deal with that goofy song with the slide whistle during really tense moments? Kinda dulls the edge of the action a bit. Give me Faulconer any day. And trust me, I know his stuff was used over and over again too, but at least there was a poo poo load more variety to it.

• Locked thread