Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

I liked Ground Zeroes but I worry that the full game is going to have too many eyeroll characters and moments. Every time I get into a Metal Gear game I get some sudden reminder, like a character pissing himself or a loving vampire with no explanation, that it's the product of inferior Japanese developers who watch too many American direct to video movies.

Don't worry I'm sure MGSV will have all the goofy poo poo that you want in it. Just like all the other MGS games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Is that final fantasy MMO worth playing for even, like, a month just to see the sights or nah

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Prop Wash posted:

Is that final fantasy MMO worth playing for even, like, a month just to see the sights or nah

It's really good.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It's a loving slog though, you have to play through the entire storyline and can't skip a single bit of it. It's worth playing if you're thoroughly sick of WoW but still want a WoW like experience.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

It's a loving slog though, you have to play through the entire storyline and can't skip a single bit of it. It's worth playing if you're thoroughly sick of WoW but still want a WoW like experience.

Agreed, only play if you're willing to go through the story because you have to to play the expansion which is a little ridiculous.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TheScott2K posted:

I liked Ground Zeroes but I worry that the full game is going to have too many eyeroll characters and moments. Every time I get into a Metal Gear game I get some sudden reminder, like a character pissing himself or a loving vampire with no explanation, that it's the product of inferior Japanese developers who watch too many American direct to video movies.

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Mr E posted:

Agreed, only play if you're willing to go through the story because you have to to play the expansion which is a little ridiculous.

otoh the story, well it isnt a masterpiece or anything, but its enjoyable, and th emain series of quests is more fun than any other mmo has ever been.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Stux posted:

otoh the story, well it isnt a masterpiece or anything, but its enjoyable, and th emain series of quests is more fun than any other mmo has ever been.

The storyline is better but the actual quests aren't nearly as good as WoW's storyline quests unless you're only counting pre-Burning Crusade WoW. FF14's story also has the most ridiculous amount of fedex quests I've ever seen, and they didn't put a teleport near the single most important and most visited place in the entire game just to be assholes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Adam Bowen posted:

The storyline is better but the actual quests aren't nearly as good as WoW's storyline quests unless you're only counting pre-Burning Crusade WoW. FF14's story also has the most ridiculous amount of fedex quests I've ever seen, and they didn't put a teleport near the single most important and most visited place in the entire game just to be assholes.

idk the main story line quests are fun enough and u barely have to touch side quests on the way. i enjoyed the levelling way more than any other mmo. idk what place ur talking about without a teleport? that place where ur gang lives? i guess its a bit lovely that you have to get a auto chocobo there but its not ther wors ttheing ever.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Prop Wash posted:

Yes, I hate MMOs but I really enjoyed FF14.

Don't listen to anyone saying that it's a slog until the endgame or whatever, that's borderline mentally ill behavior. "I'll play this game for 200 hours... then it will be fun!" WTF

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A handy guide for video game playing:

Are you having fun? If yes:

- Keep playing.

If no:

- Stop playing.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
14's plot gets cool eventually but it does take a while to get there. Heavensward especially has an enjoyable, somewhat darker story with a lot of emphasis on adventuring to new unknown lands with your group of buddies who get a surprising amount of character development along the way. It also moves along at a good pace, somewhat frequent level gates notwithstanding.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

precision posted:

- Keep playing.

If no:

- Stop playing.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FF14 also has a really good community unlike most MMOs. Everyone was really friendly and helpful and I never saw a single bit of rage, even when getting into some of the harder primals and failing repeatedly because a tank or healer couldn't get the encounter down.

Actually now that I'm thinking more about it FF14 is a really good game if you have the time for it. They found the sweet spot between the unforgiving bullshit of vanilla WoW and the meaningless theme park stroll of modern WoW.

Adam Bowen fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 24, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's really loving disturbing how people in the Wii-U are going "yeah I know the game Devil's Third is bad and looks like poo poo, but buy it anyway so you can play a bad game that looks like poo poo".

loving Star Fox is being released so that it can be immediately murdered by the new Fallout right out of the gate, but nope they're championing a loving awful game that's also being released on the PC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's really loving disturbing how people in the Wii-U are going "yeah I know the game Devil's Third is bad and looks like poo poo, but buy it anyway so you can play a bad game that looks like poo poo".

loving Star Fox is being released so that it can be immediately murdered by the new Fallout right out of the gate, but nope they're championing a loving awful game that's also being released on the PC.

only the f2p pvp is on pc. you need the wii u version to experience the full bad ps2 game

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

corn in the bible posted:

it makes solving crimes easier when you can just ask the victim who killed them (that's what you do in this game)

Oh neat :)

precision posted:

- Keep playing.

If no:

- Stop playing.

*nods sagely*

The Taint Reaper posted:

Got to have SOMETHING to play on the Wii-U. I own one :smithicide:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a thread for hot twitch girls?

Creep on twitch.tv/nikkihots

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Psst, it's the internet... you can see naked hot ladies any time you want. Why would you buy into someones attention whoring scheme to look at them, in clothes, playing video games?

When I was on twitch, ANY girl's chat, due to the internet, was always really weird. They had to have an army of mods to avoid their chat just being "cam down bb, omg ur titz, rub them" 24/7. These mods were always the worst white knights with the strictest rules.

Like, anything that can be taken as a slight towards the female caster, by an internet whiteknight fanboy -- mod or not -- can and will be called out that someone's a horrible person for saying it. They also tended to have the most obnoxious behavior regarding donations because they were all coming from creeps so you gotta pander if you want dat money...

The internet is creepy.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 25, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Jon Do posted:

Psst, it's the internet... you can see naked hot ladies any time you want. Why would you buy into someones attention whoring scheme to look at them, in clothes, playing video games?

When I was on twitch, ANY girl's chat, due to the internet, was always really weird. They had to have an army of mods to avoid their chat just being "cam down bb, omg ur titz, rub them" 24/7. These mods were always the worst white knights with the strictest rules.

Like, anything that can be taken as a slight towards the female caster, by an internet whiteknight fanboy -- mod or not -- can and will be called out that someone's a horrible person for saying it. They also tended to have the most obnoxious behavior regarding donations because they were all coming from creeps so you gotta pander if you want dat money...

The internet is creepy.

shirt

Prorat posted:

Is there a thread for hot twitch girls?

Creep on twitch.tv/nikkihots

shut the fuckup both of u

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jon Do posted:

The internet is creepy.

:yeah:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wamdoodle posted:

Got to have SOMETHING to play on the Wii-U. I own one :smithicide:

even then you have much better options this fall/winter than loving devil's third

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stux posted:

shirt

shut the fuckup both of u

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Lemme tell you I enjoy hearthstone expansions because I get to see people spend hundreds of dollars on fake internet cards that you can put in the spokes of your star citizen wheels

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Harlock posted:

Lemme tell you I enjoy hearthstone expansions because I get to see people spend hundreds of dollars on fake internet cards that you can put in the spokes of your star citizen wheels

If that were possible it would be a herald of the apocalypse.

I don't know where I was going with that.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Harlock posted:

I watched a streamer open 500 packs today. It was kind of burning. Most the cards are poo poo.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

BPD stops violent plot during Pokemon Championship at Hynes Convention Center

lol

Funniest part is how much bigger the news would've been if they were muslims.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Is that better or worse than the dudes having a poop fight in a hotel at a Pokemon tournament

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

But whhhyyy?

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.

Golden Goat posted:

But whhhyyy?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anime

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Manga

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Reminder, Macross Plus turns 20 today.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Happy Day Of Birth

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Is that better or worse than the dudes having a poop fight in a hotel at a Pokemon tournament

what

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

http://kotaku.com/5890728/a-pokemon-team-was-thrown-out-of-a-hotel-for-throwing-poo poo

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Hats off to some kotaku commenters writing legitimately thoughtful comments on the psychological aspects of throwing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would love to have a soap box to fling my own poo off of like the kotaku staff does

• Locked thread