Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also those gonkity-rear end F-bodies seem like they would be too big to be mainline, even if they're MP Bee sized and not Sideswipe sized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Please don't inject your Transformers.

Dollar General got a bunch of Kre-o sets in, all fairly cheap. Oddly though, if you pick them up, they only have instructions for car modes, but include all of the pieces for both modes. So if you want to test Kre-o out on the cheap run in and Grab a $5 or $12 kit, the $8 kits are both the iffy ones.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
You guys made me dig out my Windblade and start trying to pose it. She is fun but I wish there were more size or heft to her. Also, it's hard to turn her head.

I put her down and played with this guy instead:

I've been getting hooked on beast mode transformers lately, robotic-looking beast modes in particular. I ordered PE Leonidas. I may have a problem.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

abrosheen posted:

You guys made me dig out my Windblade and start trying to pose it. She is fun but I wish there were more size or heft to her. Also, it's hard to turn her head.

I put her down and played with this guy instead:

I've been getting hooked on beast mode transformers lately, robotic-looking beast modes in particular. I ordered PE Leonidas. I may have a problem.

I need to get those stickers, they're so good dawg. Show us the remaining beasts, bonus of you substitute limbs on the combiner.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

abrosheen posted:

I ordered PE Leonidas. I may have a problem.
I, too, have a problem and it is that I haven't ordered PE Leonidas yet. Good god he looks awesome.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

strangehamster posted:

I need to get those stickers, they're so good dawg. Show us the remaining beasts, bonus of you substitute limbs on the combiner.

I'm really happy with that sticker set.

My last two Ordin bots will arrive with Leonidas, I'll have to wait until then for a full shot. Not looking forward to manually fixing the combined mode problems though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Seattle peeps> Did Palace Gifts ever re-open?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Seattle peeps> Did Palace Gifts ever re-open?

Negative, I missed him at Botcon too, he cut his hair and I didn't recognize him at all.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

strangehamster posted:

Negative, I missed him at Botcon too, he cut his hair and I didn't recognize him at all.

That's really too bad. BTW, does anyone in the Seattle area want a Generations Metroplex? I'm trying to sell mine and I'm hoping to avoid shipping this big old fucker.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Any word yet on preorders for Maketoys Tailgate or FP Skullcruncher.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I don't care about toys for children but I read Vol 1 of More than Meets the Eye and it was really good, is the rest of the series good too y/n?

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Why cookie Rocket posted:

That's really too bad. BTW, does anyone in the Seattle area want a Generations Metroplex? I'm trying to sell mine and I'm hoping to avoid shipping this big old fucker.

Hmmm, maybe?
How much do you want for it?

I know I'm not a regular in this thread, but I do need a Metroplex, and I just moved to the Seattle area.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Zoe posted:

I don't care about toys for children but I read Vol 1 of More than Meets the Eye and it was really good, is the rest of the series good too y/n?

yyyyyy
The most negative opinion you'll hear will be that maybe its current "season" or the dark cybertron mega crossover event are maybe not quiiiite as good as "season 1", which is what most of the tpbs cover, so at least read the tpbs, and the handful of other transformer comics james roberts has written.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

Zoe posted:

Yes definitely.

Read all of it.

Also you should read "Last Stand of the Wreckers" also by James Roberts to find out what the hell that thing in the basement is.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Luchacabra posted:

Hmmm, maybe?
How much do you want for it?

I know I'm not a regular in this thread, but I do need a Metroplex, and I just moved to the Seattle area.

I dunno, $95? I think that's about what I paid at Costco, plus tax and gas to grab it. I just want to break even.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Prawn Salad posted:

Yes definitely.

Read all of it.

Also you should read "Last Stand of the Wreckers" also by James Roberts to find out what the hell that thing in the basement is.

Nick Roche sits quietly in the corner sobbing

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I dunno, $95? I think that's about what I paid at Costco, plus tax and gas to grab it. I just want to break even.

I can dig it.

I don't have platinum, so you can reach me at my Hotmail account (which is rikdom) and we can work it out.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Okay, got Last Stand of the Wreckers and Vol 2 of MTMtE, thanks thread.

I will get more next weekend when I'm less poor.

What about Robots in Disguise and All Hail Megatron?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
RID is also good. All hail Megatron shows some promise before making GBS threads down its own leg

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Captain Invictus posted:

RID is also good. All hail Megatron shows some promise before making GBS threads down its own leg

Seconding this post. RID/no subtitle does lots of great stuff even when the plot is a little thin *cough* human stuff *cough* it keeps itself together with really good character writing. I haven't reread it in a while but the first half or so of All Hail Megatron is quite good. Especially compared to what came before it. AHM sets up a poo poo get's real Decepticon assault on Earth and even some nice character development on both sides before before imploding, screaming, 'Whoops!', and making sure to forget everything it just said.

Late Windblade posing reply. I can pose her and even transform her quite well now. Out of the package though she was a floppy mess that didn't stay together in either mode. I hear the initial batch commonly had that problem. Must have wound up with one of those even though I got her well after release.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Furman's stuff was honestly way better at peak than AHM and intensely painful at worse. Obviously there's the whole Arcee thing and crapping on the canon with stuff like that, but the reapers were excruciatingly boring and the headmasters were just awful. The thing where Furman was just going through the list of ideas and taking a dump on them so no one could use them later is really unforgivable. But a lot of the subtle stuff and deeper world building is pretty much what IDW has been mining moving forward. The guy really needed a better editor. Like really, really, really.

One point about MTMTE, then RID and AHM, is that MTMTE is very different from a lot of the other stories. So it's probably a good idea to find a preview or a cheap copy or something before sinking money on those other lines.

I actually think that pretty much everything except Heart of Darkness has lots of redeeming qualities though. Even the much maligned ongoing has Heart like a Wheel, the first and best chapter of Chaos Theory, the awesome Menasor fight and Brawn just beating the poo poo out of Starscream. I also liked how Police Action transformed Prowl back into a dick.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So when can we expect more news on titan wars?

I'm guessing there is some (almost)linewide theme with the majority of the releases just like Combiner Wars. But I don't see how headmasters could transfer properly into deluxes without having ungodly small pieces that I could wind up losing.

Would the deluxes be like Target Masters or Powermasters? I like don't get how Titan Wars could apply to the smaller bots.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

So when can we expect more news on titan wars?

I would guess the toy fairs in February.

quote:

I'm guessing there is some (almost)linewide theme with the majority of the releases just like Combiner Wars. But I don't see how headmasters could transfer properly into deluxes without having ungodly small pieces that I could wind up losing.

Would the deluxes be like Target Masters or Powermasters? I like don't get how Titan Wars could apply to the smaller bots.

The same way Combiner Wars applies to half the Legends and all the Leaders: It doesn't, it's just the name of the subline for the year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Chest still weird (though people keep telling me he has an alternate one somehow) but it looks good.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
There's no reason the Head part of the Headmaster deluxes has to be only the head. It could also form a part of the torso and the head.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Chest still weird (though people keep telling me he has an alternate one somehow) but it looks good.
Also there is this?

News to me anyway. Note his chest clearly transforms. Erm wait, or maybe that is his headmaster? It looks ... Sort of like ... eh?

Kinda hosed up there are pre-orders for 8 and 10, but uh, whatever I guess I need to go put some USD together. gently caress.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Haven't Hasbro exhibited at NYCC before? That's the weekend before TFCon in October anyway. So, maybe then for reveals?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Haven't Hasbro exhibited at NYCC before? That's the weekend before TFCon in October anyway. So, maybe then for reveals?

They do a small off-site exhibit the night before.

Last year they showed off the Leader Class Seeker mold and the RID figures for the first time.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Blackheart posted:

I find that kinda odd. If there is an alternate transformation, why isn't it shown on any promotional images?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The_Doctor posted:

This is likely

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

I hear the same thing about the chest but if there is an alternate one, there's no proof of it.

Spiderdrake posted:

Also there is this?

His transformation looks fun. I think the CGI preview was better but he still looks fun.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

I think not painting those big chest panels black would keep them from looking so much like windows, at least.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I know there was that one episode where prime's a gator and that's funny

But why not make mindwipe and skullcruncher's alt repaints references to the first toys of primal and megatron

That'd be so neat

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

The same way Combiner Wars applies to half the Legends and all the Leaders: It doesn't, it's just the name of the subline for the year.

That's why I said almost the entire line. :colbert:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Acne Rain posted:

I know there was that one episode where prime's a gator and that's funny

But why not make mindwipe and skullcruncher's alt repaints references to the first toys of primal and megatron

That'd be so neat

Yeah the dumb chest is because they are doing a Prime repaint (it was the first one shown) but man, BatPrimal and Gatortron would be cool. That's a good idea. They SHOULD do that.

I'd buy Mindwipe again as Batprimal. BATPRIMAL.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The Dinoking guys are going up for preorder too, no sign of the shells yet.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Yeah the dumb chest is because they are doing a Prime repaint (it was the first one shown) but man, BatPrimal and Gatortron would be cool. That's a good idea. They SHOULD do that.

oh and then they could also do the japanese exclusive colors, and make snapdragon and apeface have recolors that are references to tm2 megs and optimal optimus

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Sadly I suspect GatorPrime would sell as much as both of those combined. GEEWUN is a hell of a drug.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I just read Last Stand of the Wreckers. On the whole I enjoyed it, except for the fact that for whatever reason they kept sticking in this completely pointless and unnecessary girl with the stupidest expression on her face in every panel she was in. It was like she was from a 90s cartoon or something and did not belong in this story about death camps and torture and war crimes. And then she put on an armored suit and went down to a war zone and
:ughh: Just no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Zoe posted:

I just read Last Stand of the Wreckers. On the whole I enjoyed it, except for the fact that for whatever reason they kept sticking in this completely pointless and unnecessary girl with the stupidest expression on her face in every panel she was in. It was like she was from a 90s cartoon or something and did not belong in this story about death camps and torture and war crimes. And then she put on an armored suit and went down to a war zone and
:ughh: Just no.

If it helps, that story is basically the end of human involvement with the TFs for a very long time.