Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Almost everyone. They changed to a new studio, the same one that did Xenoblade, for voice acting in Heavensward.

Tataru is Fiora and Alphinaud is Shulk

Correction: Pipin is Shulk (Adam Howden). Alphinaud is played by Colin Ryan.

Other Xenoblade VAs:

Aymeric is Alvis (Blake Ritson).
Urianger is Mumkhar (Tim Watson).
Lahabrea is Vangarre/Square-tache (Alec Newman).
Raubahn and Zephirin are Gadolt (Nick Boulton).

e: Removed spoiler tags.

Vil fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Why is everyone spoiler tagging so much stuff for no reason?

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010
S-S-S-Sthpoilerth!!!!!!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Why is everyone spoiler tagging so much stuff for no reason?

:shrug: More following an example than personally thinking it needed tags, in my case.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean acting credits are plot line spoilers? I mean I understand not plastering heavensward reveals all over the place, but a list of voice acting credits or poo poo that happened over a year ago really isn't anything that needs to be shielded.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I for one am SHOCKED that Alphinaud and Tataru appear and have lines during the MSQ.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Everyone is all psyched about an A4S clear, I'm just psyched I finally beat Bismarck Extreme for once :unsmith:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
True enough, but there are some non-obvious ones like what happens in a reused dungeon map or the intro cutscene before the first HW primal fight

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

seiferguy posted:

Everyone is all psyched about an A4S clear, I'm just psyched I finally beat Bismarck Extreme for once :unsmith:

And I'm psyched about my new glamour. :sparkles:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vil posted:

Correction: Pipin is Shulk (Adam Howden). Alphinaud is played by Colin Ryan.

Other Xenoblade VAs:

Aymeric is Alvis (Blake Ritson).
Urianger is Mumkhar (Tim Watson).
Lahabrea is Vangarre/Square-tache (Alec Newman).
Raubahn and Zephirin are Gadolt (Nick Boulton).

e: Removed spoiler tags.

Is Illberd not Tim Watson too? It seriously sounds just like his Mumkhar voice.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Good news everyone. I unburned out by playing on my ninja with my brother for a while. Now I'm working on getting lights for my relic weapon, is there a fastest or most fun way to do this?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i hope you like garuda hm because there's a reason it popped up constantly in trial roulette during arr

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

RC Cola posted:

Good news everyone. I unburned out by playing on my ninja with my brother for a while. Now I'm working on getting lights for my relic weapon, is there a fastest or most fun way to do this?

:ohdear:

The most fun way to do it is pvp, nothing but pvp. In no way whatsoever will this be the fastest option but it also won't destroy your soul.

The fastest way is to follow the bonus light for HM primals and burn them down with overgeared parties in a couple minutes each. I have no idea if lights are still reliably tracked; or how many people farm HM; or how long it takes now that light has been cut in half. I do know you won't make it halfway before questioning why you even started, and I can say that confidently knowing nothing of your mindset or decision process for starting a relic.

E: Actually considering that original flavour Frontline is now totally dead as the already-small PvP population moved to seal rock, which is too high a level for an effective use of a Novus, lights-via-PvP might not work anymore.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

RC Cola posted:

Just FYI, the relic weapon is completely obsolete at 60, so unless you're doing it for the glamour I suggest stopping immediately.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Just FYI, the relic weapon is completely obsolete at 60, so unless you're doing it for the glamour I suggest stopping immediately.

I'm 60 already but yes. It's for glamour.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rincewind posted:

And I'm psyched about my new glamour. :sparkles:

Omg omg.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Meiteron posted:

The fastest way is to follow the bonus light for HM primals and burn them down with overgeared parties in a couple minutes each. I have no idea if lights are still reliably tracked; or how many people farm HM; or how long it takes now that light has been cut in half. I do know you won't make it halfway before questioning why you even started, and I can say that confidently knowing nothing of your mindset or decision process for starting a relic.

Hmm just had a thought do undersized parties give light?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

seizure later posted:

It seems like a lot. The most jarring one for me was Admiral Merlwyb's.

Holy poo poo, I didn't even notice.

I am the worst fascist pirate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bleuraindrops posted:

Hmm just had a thought do undersized parties give light?

From the patch notes regarding undersized: "Spirit bond and soul resonance cannot be gained when using this option."

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Nerdscream or Elysium?

This was kinda cute :v: We should name our next FC Nerdscream.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It sounded like normal screaming tell you the truth, I love the Orwellian double speak we create.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I have a compulsion to finish my relic. It's the worst.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I recall people saying this is the best gaming community.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

well i mean, in league of legends terms that's the equivalent of a loving embrace. he didn't even call you a loving cuntrag or anything.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

And yet, it is.

Also source

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Did they give a date on when the next patch goes live?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

Did they give a date on when the next patch goes live?

3.07 is tomorrow, 3.1 has no exact date that I heard during the stream. The typical FF14 point release patch cycle is 90 days though, which would put us at near the end of September.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Do you still obtain lights/dungeon atmas in unsynced? I'm thinking of blowing through the rest of my alex this week since I'm not spending poetics on anything else, but I'd like to solo/low man as much other content as possible.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Moldy Taxes posted:

Do you still obtain lights/dungeon atmas in unsynced? I'm thinking of blowing through the rest of my alex this week since I'm not spending poetics on anything else, but I'd like to solo/low man as much other content as possible.

Mr. Nice! posted:

From the patch notes regarding undersized: "Spirit bond and soul resonance cannot be gained when using this option."

Not sure if that covers unsynced as well though.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
unsynced is undersized

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
You can definitely get dungeon atmas through undersized. I've helped more than one person get them that way this week.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Squeenix not making me shove my credit card info in or a time card to get the initial free 30 days was a pretty nice change of pace for an MMO.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

nuru posted:

Not sure if that covers unsynced as well though.

That'll teach me to read two posts above mine. Thanks!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sarrisan posted:

You can definitely get dungeon atmas through undersized. I've helped more than one person get them that way this week.

The full quote is "This option has no effect on the strength of enemies or mechanics in the duties it is applied to. Players will still receive treasure rewards, first time completion bonuses, and experience points upon completion of duty when using this option. However, players will not receive experience points or items from enemies that appear prior to boss encounters. Spirit bond and soul resonance cannot be gained when using this option."

So that means no light, no spirit bonding, and no experience/items from mobs, but you get everything else that you normally would.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

There's a bit of a gray area in that description when it comes to non-chest drops from bosses, though. To my understanding, you can get guaranteed stuff (e.g. Diamond Dust), you can get cards, and you can't get crafting materials (e.g. Kingly Whisker).

I can at least vouch for the card thing personally, since Ramuh EX didn't cough up his card for me in all those pony farms, until some friends and I went back unsync'd.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

seiferguy posted:

Hey same here! I assume we were the same group last night-what's your IGN? (I'm My Immersion)

I haven't run Castrum or Praetorium since the MSQ-are they going to change it so that the queue gives Law or even Esoteric tomes?

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

Hey same here! I assume we were the same group last night-what's your IGN? (I'm My Immersion)

I haven't run Castrum or Praetorium since the MSQ-are they going to change it so that the queue gives Law or even Esoteric tomes?

For now, all they give are Poetics. I don't know what will happen when the next flavor of tomestones comes out, though.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Squeenix not making me shove my credit card info in or a time card to get the initial free 30 days was a pretty nice change of pace for an MMO.

It was one of those things where they were so incompetent in setting up 1.0 that they kind of forgot to do that, but it generated enough goodwill and their wacky crysta billing system wasn't really worth it or possible to scrap entirely so they just ran with it.

Like I'm pretty sure half the reason they didn't charge for 1.0 for a while was because they didn't have the billing procedures set up in time. You could buy crysta through SE account management and stuff but I don't think their backend billing worked yet at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ Not all MMOs require you to enter credit card info when entering a box code. Maybe WoW does but I can't remember the last MMO I played that required it. Maybe Warhammer? Don't recall AoC requiring it but I try to remember as little about AoC as possible.

cheetah7071 posted:

Not standing on pads is what triggers the iron giant enrage.

I've watched entire groups run up to kill Atomos because their DPS was slow as hell compared to the other parties, or because another group didn't have 4 people on a pad so they were doing no damage (the more common case). You don't have to sit 4+ people on a pad the entire time. Pretty sure it just goes by # of people alive in each section because even in the fights where a pad has less than 3 people for a good 5-10 seconds no Iron Giant ever spawns but if you run in with 3 or less people in one pathway the IG appears almost immediately.

brokenknee posted:

For now, all they give are Poetics. I don't know what will happen when the next flavor of tomestones comes out, though.

Poetics should simply remain forever because there's still a big chunk of level 50 MSQ stuff you go through and while you get soldiery gear from running it, poetics lets you get better stuff to use in to the low-mid 50s when you enter Ishgard.

It'd allow them to have a single currency per major release when the next one comes out. IE: In 4.0 you'd have Poetics for the 2.0-2.55 stuff and the [something] for 3.0-3.55(?) content while 4.0 would have its tomestones of happiness and sadness or whatever.

• Locked thread