Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

too bad nothing is ever brought up again from that domestic abuse minigame in the 2002 section

Oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
https://youtu.be/vH9-M3e0gAY First Showcase footage.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The production values on this seem way higher than what was done in previous showcase/recap modes. Especially that cut to the real replay of Vader splashing Jake.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

The production values on this seem way higher than what was done in previous showcase/recap modes. Especially that cut to the real replay of Vader splashing Jake.

On top of that awesome Ringmaster theme and new Jake DDT.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Still got that hilarious censored legacy footage though.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Has Austins dog Hershey been announced as DLC???

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They're definitely starting to get into uncanny valley territory with character models. It looks like Austin but it also doesn't, and that's weird. Maybe it's because I so vividly know what the real scene in that interview at the end looked like, so it's odd to see graphics recreate it.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Howling Man posted:

Has Austins dog Hershey been announced as DLC???

Nope Ted Fowler will be added for a special dream booking Austin returns to WM storyline you heard it here first

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

sticklefifer posted:

They're definitely starting to get into uncanny valley territory with character models. It looks like Austin but it also doesn't, and that's weird. Maybe it's because I so vividly know what the real scene in that interview at the end looked like, so it's odd to see graphics recreate it.

It's mostly because the facial animation is loving gaaaaaaaaaaarbage.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Parlett316 posted:

Nope Ted Fowler will be added for a special dream booking Austin returns to WM storyline you heard it here first

The game ends with a gauntlet match against an infinite number of PED-abusing rats.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Get Bruce Lee on EA MMA mobile for free today, plus 25 abilities

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

1st AD posted:

Get Bruce Lee on EA MMA mobile for free today, plus 25 abilities

Can you actually get him? I clicked around and all I can find is an event countdown timer for tomorrow

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's a pack of cards for free in the store

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The final chapter of Austin's story mode better end with a QTE of him trying to drive in LA traffic.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Loving that fatface Jake model.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That the no kick stunner was a cut-scene bums me out, the last time that was an in game move was the Acclaim games.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Ahahah my pack had 2 Bruce Lee's.

edit: Lightweight and flyweight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah they all do, and in the regular game he's all the way up to welterweight.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Well thats a tad disappointing. I'm glad to finally have someone that can use some of my huge stockpile of kicks though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Here's another 2K16 video with more junk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sDYEvJB6yE

The announcing and commentary still sucks. No oomph behind the intro for The Lucha Dragons at all and Lillian just sounds so stilted. Then, they enter the ring and Cole or Lawler remarks something about "THIS superstar!"

There are loving two people there. How hard is it to not use singular phrases when a tag team is entering? Cries.

Edit: Ugh. Rollins with Lesnar in a chin lock - "That's the first time we've seen THAT move tonight, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of it!"

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 24, 2015

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Why is Austin's head so much smaller in proportion to the rest of his body?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My two favorite wrestling games (No Mercy, HCTP) didn't have commentary, I just immediately turn it off.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Here's another 2K16 video with more junk:

[video type="youtube"]
Edit: Ugh. Rollins with Lesnar in a chin lock - "That's the first time we've seen THAT move tonight, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of it!"

Chinlock City

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
BRB gonna make someone with a chin lock as their finisher

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Phenix Rising posted:

Hell, I would like some Randy Orton matches, too! Gonna make Randy and Fat Jake fight!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The problem with Austin is his eyes. They're too dark and not open enough.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tonfa posted:

Button mashing is the worst garbage and no one should encourage developers to put more of it into games

Button mashing actually makes sense to me for kicking out of a pin. As opposed to a lovely timing mechanic that you can either easily do every time or struggle with.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Why do they call the Curb Stomp the Piece of Mind when that name was dropped instantly? It's amazing hearing older Lawler and Cole commentary and how much louder it is than new Cole and JBL commentary.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

literally fire everyone at yukes

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nut Bunnies posted:

The problem with Austin is his eyes. They're too dark and not open enough.he is not stone cold stunning The Terminator repeatedly

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Literally set everyone at yukes on fire. Jesus Christ that's horrifying.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Steve Austin pictured moments after emerging from a birth canal.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Dox Hendrix DLC please.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

remusclaw posted:

That the no kick stunner was a cut-scene bums me out, the last time that was an in game move was the Acclaim games.

Go back and watch the Stunner in 1996 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3fTqzN_SLs - it was a lot less theatrical for the first year (or at least until Royal Rumble 1997).

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The reason a timed button press is weird, is that it's different from the rest of the game. So you stop being in a reversal/hitting/running mode, and instead have to be very precise.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I like the timed kickout, but in 2k15 it's really hard to do at times. The bar is a lot slower in 2k14 from what little I've played of it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So in that EA UFC Mobile game, how do you get the rewards from the current event?

I have over 200 points and this little box is glowing, I want to open it !

Edit: nevermind, I see now that you get the rewards after the event is done

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 25, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

The reason a timed button press is weird, is that it's different from the rest of the game. So you stop being in a reversal/hitting/running mode, and instead have to be very precise.

good news, you have limited reversals and have to be precise with them as well.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I won't be satisfied with the 2k series of games until I can literally murder a man in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

I won't be satisfied with the 2k series of games until I can literally murder a man in the ring.

They need to hire M. Dickie, really. Imagine M. Dickie wrestlegames, but with an actual budget and an engine that kind of works instead of does not work.