Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Kept Hill at 14 and Luck at 19 in the goon league I just joined. It was either that or Bell for 21 and no one. 2 keepers, 5 inflation. Should I just take the Bell team?

e; the prices are what they will cost to keep this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
e: wait auction, I thought those were pick numbers. I'd probably go with Luck and Hill. Luck for $19 is such a steal, arguably just as much as Bell for $21. Hill at $14 is icing on top.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yep, that is my feel. Luck is under control for the majority of his prime, and I looked at what Rodgers is being kept for and this is maybe going to be a (19 24 29 34 39 44 49) six or seven year relationship.

e; I don't think the commish is going to keep Benard for 24, so we will see if I can get some cheapish insurance on draft day. Thanks, sticking with the original plan. He has Antonio Brown at 23 bux Benard and no other options due to sucking/price, maybe he does, but that is more than I would pay for a 'handcuff', even him where he will still play.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 24, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

Kept Hill at 14 and Luck at 19 in the goon league I just joined. It was either that or Bell for 21 and no one. 2 keepers, 5 inflation. Should I just take the Bell team?

Dandy Kaiser posted:

e: wait auction, I thought those were pick numbers. I'd probably go with Luck and Hill. Luck for $19 is such a steal, arguably just as much as Bell for $21. Hill at $14 is icing on top.

Budget of $200, FYI. I'd probably stick with Hill and Luck, but Bell for $21 is awesome too of course. And no way is Bell or Luck for the same price equivalent, Bell >>> Luck there. But Hill for $14 tips it towards the Luck team.

That second team you could take Maclin or Edelman for $14, which seems like decent value for either one.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Michael Corleone posted:

Weird that you can't keep Bell and someone else. I guess there's a rule for guys that are too awesome?

I would want to keep two 2nd round players instead of a single 1st rounder.

Benne posted:

He's getting outplayed by a UDFA rookie and Seattle probably isn't keeping 4 RBs. The dream is dying.

The dream, bundled with Jordan Cameron, netted me Davante Parker and Devin Funchess so I'm not complaining.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Doltos posted:

That's all well and good but PFF even made a loving article about how great Zac Stacy's stats were rookie year (but did concede he ended on a down note).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/29/secret-superstars-2014-rams/
Good catch, they definitely dropped the ball there. I was just going off the numbers and didn't realize they were pimping him out in their articles.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Weird that you can't keep Bell and someone else. I guess there's a rule for guys that are too awesome?

I would want to keep two 2nd round players instead of a single 1st rounder.

Like he said, Edelman or Maclin for 14, but I don't like Bell missing the 2 games, even in a keeper league because you are out your RB1.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Budget of $200, FYI. I'd probably stick with Hill and Luck, but Bell for $21 is awesome too of course. And no way is Bell or Luck for the same price equivalent, Bell >>> Luck there. But Hill for $14 tips it towards the Luck team.

My reasoning behind that is with the money you're saving on getting a QB that won't be as good as Luck, or a better long term value, you can pair a RB with Hill that will arguably be better than any QB/RB2 combo you could possibly pair with Bell. You're still probably saving another $20 going with Bell over Luck with their current values, but Luck will probably be kept longer and be more productive longer when you compare RB to QB longevity. I probably wouldn't think that Bell was an objectively better keeper than Luck unless Luck was $10-15 more expensive than Bell, but I can definitely see the argument for Bell at $21 being a better value than Luck at $19

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 24, 2015

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The dream, bundled with Jordan Cameron, netted me Davante Parker and Devin Funchess so I'm not complaining.

In my defense, it was long term protection against Marshawn Lynch's supposedly enforced retirement. Who knew that Lynch was a Highlander!

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Packers confirmed that Jordy Nelson will be done for the year.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Optimism with Arian Foster's return!

quote:

The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports Arian Foster (groin surgery) would resume playing by late September in a "best case scenario."
This could happen if Foster avoids setback in his rehab, per Wilson's sources. After initial reports suggested Foster was headed for injured reserve-designated for return -- a mechanism that would cost him at least the first eight games -- it now appears Foster could escape missing only the first 2-4 weeks of the season. The Texans have a September 27 date with the Buccaneers. It's possible that will be Foster's target date.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yep, taking the Luck team, and rolling out the best RB and WR (.5 PPR) I can get, then just spending probably recklessly because I have my 2 keepers set for years, and least in Luck, but maybe try to take a :redacted: league members read here, but another guy with upside in case of a disaster with Hill. Then save to take the last 3 or so players at 2 bux each. #Winning

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gearman posted:

Packers confirmed that Jordy Nelson will be done for the year.

Stash him for next year in keeper leagues.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sorry if this question has been asked before....

I just found out that I pick 4th, my draft starts in 20 minutes

Should I go with a RB or a WR as my first pick. I know that "saying no to a RB" and stats have shown that a WR could be a solid first pick, but I got massively burned on RB last year (Bishop Sankey burned) so I don't want to gently caress up all over again

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Stash him for next year in keeper leagues.

A guy in my keeper who never really checks his team and only drafts guys he likes has him in the 10th and I'm pretty sure even if he knows that Jordy is out for the year, which is honestly a question, I'm betting he keeps him anyway and IR stashes him right after the draft.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Duro posted:

Should I go with a RB or a WR as my first pick. I know that "saying no to a RB" and stats have shown that a WR could be a solid first pick, but I got massively burned on RB last year (Bishop Sankey burned) so I don't want to gently caress up all over again

That's a choice you have to make for yourself, bubba. I'd argue Antonio Brown is going to be better for your team than any RB excepting AP/Bell/JC, but whatever works for you. Scoring is also very important, so consider what makes more sense - in a PPR, WR is even more viable.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

That's a choice you have to make for yourself, bubba. I'd argue Antonio Brown is going to be better for your team than any RB excepting AP/Bell/JC, but whatever works for you. Scoring is also very important, so consider what makes more sense - in a PPR, WR is even more viable.

It's a 1PPR league

10 teams, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLX

If you think Brown is good points, I'm down to risk it. It's 10 man, so I should be able to snag a decent RB once we snake back (I hope)

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Duro posted:

I'd go with one of Peterson, Bell, Charles, or Antonio Brown.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Duro posted:

It's a 1PPR league

10 teams, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLX

If you think Brown is good points, I'm down to risk it. It's 10 man, so I should be able to snag a decent RB once we snake back (I hope)

If Brown somehow makes it to you at 4th, you had better take him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Zypher posted:

Optimism with Arian Foster's return!

Hell yes picked him up 13th round get the gently caress in

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Got a 16 Team Goon League drafting tonight at 8:00 central that needs one more member. .5 PPR, FAAB, snake draft.

Each league member puts up a $50 box of local craft beer as their buy-in, and the top 3 places, top regular season points scored and the winner of the loser's bracket all get boxes of delicious craft beer from around the country.

Also, drinking and drafting. Everyone wins.

Edit:
Spot filled - thanks!

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 25, 2015

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Cervixalot posted:

Got a 16 Team Goon League drafting tonight at 8:00 central that needs one more member. .5 PPR, FAAB, snake draft.

Each league member puts up a $50 box of local craft beer as their buy-in, and the top 3 places, top regular season points scored and the winner of the loser's bracket all get boxes of delicious craft beer from around the country.

Also, drinking and drafting. Everyone wins.

Edit:
Spot filled - thanks!

drat that's a good league. If only Mass didn't have ridiculous draconian alcohol shipping laws...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Doug Martin looking pretty goddamn good so far.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Re: Davante Adams -

Cobb is a slot guy, and will stay a slot guy. He'll get a small uptick in targets/yds, but not as big as most people think. Adams will be expected to do everything Nelson did, and will initially be targeted just as heavily. Whether he actually comes through and earns Rodgers' trust, that's the question mark. He has the physical tools but occasionally has the dropsies. I think he's worth potentially as high as a 3rd rounder, at the bottom end I wouldn't let him drop past 6th round. Unless he's a complete mess, he's getting 1000+ and 6+ TDs.

Montgomery/Janis/Whyte are still up in the air as to who would be the 3rd WR.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

More penalties in this preseason game than the Bengals have yards. Not penalty yardage. Penalties.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Are there any goon run yahoo no money leagues that need another person?

Twist is that I am out of the country till 9/7 and can only draft any time after that.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Bengals look like garbage. Preseason y'all.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Malloreon posted:

Are there any goon run yahoo no money leagues that need another person?

Twist is that I am out of the country till 9/7 and can only draft any time after that.

Uh it is not a Goon League, but I run it, and draft is that Sunday, maybe can push it back. We are filling fast, basically over extended, but if you want a keeper league with 6 pt PTD and 1PPR, let me know and I will keep you in mind.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

The Bengals look like garbage. Playoffs y'all.

FTFY

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
Would any goons keep Brian Quick as a 12th round keeper in either a 2WR/1Flex or 3WR/1Flex league? I know nobody's high on him or anything because I hear almost nothing, but I stuck him on the IR in two keeper leagues and never needed the spot for anyone else, so I can get him as a pretty late rounder. I don't really have any other keeper options so it's almost purely a value decision.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I see no reason not to, especially in a 3 WR league

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have the number one pick in a 16 team, half PPR, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1[RB-WR-TE]/1PK/1DL/1DB/1LB/2[DL-DB-LB] roster with 8 bench spots. IDP scoring is very high, such that last year JJ Watt scored 364.4 points (more than any other player and 147 points more than the DL2.

Is there any reason whatsoever why I wouldn't take him first overall?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have the number one pick in a 16 team, half PPR, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1[RB-WR-TE]/1PK/1DL/1DB/1LB/2[DL-DB-LB] roster with 8 bench spots. IDP scoring is very high, such that last year JJ Watt scored 364.4 points (more than any other player and 147 points more than the DL2.

I don't think so. Even if he regresses a ton, seems like he should still put up >100 more than DL2 with those settings, which is pretty unreal positional advantage.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Only so I can take him.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Andy Dalton is off my "deep QB with upside" list for sure.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Franks Happy Place posted:

Andy Dalton is off my "deep QB with upside" list for sure.

I'm legit worried about Hill and Green after that disgusting half of a game.

I love overreacting to preseason games for fantasy purposes.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Zypher posted:

I see no reason not to, especially in a 3 WR league
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some huge negative other than the obvious.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

1st overall is interested in trading down to my 4th spot, looking for input on whether or not I should take it, here are the league settings:
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, DB, DL, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR
Completions 0.25
Passing Yards 50 yards per point; 5 points at 350 yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 7
Interceptions -3
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 135 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 7
Receptions 0.5
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 135 yards
Reception Touchdowns 7

Based on FBG's draft dominator with my league's settings plugged in AP and Antonio are the top options but there is less than 10 points separating the top 7 players...My feeling is the guy is right to want to drop down and hope to scoop up value in the second round.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He likely has four players he wants at number one overall and wants to move down so (a) the decision is made for him and (b) he drafts earlier in the second. I probably wouldn't make that move if I were you, there isn't really much in it for you unless you think one player is far and away better than everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

And there's a decent (not guaranteed!) chance that Charles Sims falls to you anyway.

• Locked thread