Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
In this case, I think Morty's singing voice is more of them not giving a gently caress and less of a reference to the fact that some people sing weird. I have nothing to support that, just what it seemed to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Definitely had it's moments but was probably the weakest of the season. Something about the episode felt very...Futurama-y. (Which isn't meant to denigrate Futurama but the zany tone doesn't really fit this show). Was anyone clamoring for more Principal Vagina and Goldenfold?

Keith David and Bird Person are always a treat though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Principal Vagina's introductions get me every time.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Principal Vagina's introductions get me every time.

Don't let the name fool you, though. I'm very much in charge.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
This episode did almost nothing for me, which is unusual. I at least chuckle at a few things, even on bad episodes.

Oh well, not everything needs to be a masterpiece.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Khaba posted:

This episode did almost nothing for me, which is unusual. I at least chuckle at a few things, even on bad episodes.

Oh well, not everything needs to be a masterpiece.
I thought about it a bit, and I figured out what felt "off" to me in the episode: the B-plot of Jerry/Beth/Summer joining up with the cult didn't work for me. In season 1 it would haved worked for me, but not after what's happened in season 2, since they've directly seen all the insane poo poo Rick's involved in.

Summer was along for the whole Unity adventure, Beth and Jerry found Rick's underground dungeon with that alien prisoner guy, and of course there's the Jerry daycare that Jerry went to. The three of them should have knocked off that this was another weird alien-related thing, rather than immediately going full crazy Scientology in the cult.

The rest of the cult stuff was hilarious though, and the A-plot was great.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
SHOWWWWW MEEEEEE WHAT YOU GOTTTTTT

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

This ep could have easily been two with the amount of content; it seemed like Rick was barely in it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Typical, post your official Council of Ricks badge.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Space T Rex posted:

In this case, I think Morty's singing voice is more of them not giving a gently caress and less of a reference to the fact that some people sing weird. I have nothing to support that, just what it seemed to me.

Morty's singing voice was a parasite, and furthermore,

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

If the dvd has commentary on every episode ill be buying it.

I wanted to buy the wire's dvd but found out it only had comemntary on like 3 episodes a season.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I like that alongside Revolio "Gearbead" Clockberg Jr's angry rant about his name, Bird Person's name is, in fact, Bird Person.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Dr Christmas posted:

Was it possible to make out the sign on the balloon guy who floats by after Summer offers to make dinner?

"Inappropriate Joke Teller"

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Dr Christmas posted:

I like that alongside Revolio "Gearbead" Clockberg Jr's angry rant about his name, Bird Person's name is, in fact, Bird Person.

that's like calling a bird person "birdface"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

a cop posted:

Wtf are you talking about? A lot of people have singing voices that come completely out of left field. Morty being one of them is the joke. Sorry.

I thought you were trying to be a dick because you got mad when I didn't like the way people watched shows last week.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Morty's singing voice was a parasite, and furthermore,

Actually Morty's singing voice was Mike's voice.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Dubstep Jesus posted:

Actually Morty's singing voice was Mike's voice.

Thats what I was thinking. Also by killing Fart we can clearly see he absorbed the ability to sing.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Bean posted:

A bad episode of Rick and Morty is still okay, but this was the weakest one of the bunch by a long shot. I find it hard to believe that Rick could just waltz into the pentagon relatively unchallenged and everyone is just cool with it.
Lol if anyone agrees with this

A cartoon show where a guy time travels and has a portal gun and this detail is getting nit picked

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

Hey, just wanted you to know that there was a Rick and Morty reference in the latest episode of a hit episodic adventure game Tales from the Borderlands by Telltale Games. Granted, it was really minor (a character belches when saying the word 'Gortys'), but I really can't name any other TV show that entered pop culture deep enough to be referenced in a video game just after one season.

It's right here Timing definitely makes it seem like an offhand reference.

EDIT: Oh yeah, episode's fixed on AS.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 25, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Birdperson! :D

Don't be gross, Tammy.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Is it bad that I knew him by silhouette?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

KoRMaK posted:

If the dvd has commentary on every episode ill be buying it.

I wanted to buy the wire's dvd but found out it only had comemntary on like 3 episodes a season.

If you mean the season one DVD, then yes, it does. Or at least the Blu Ray does, but I can't imagine that was left out of the DVD.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Birdperson! :D

Don't be gross, Tammy.

I thought it was cool that Bird Person and Tammy are still having a good relationship. :3:

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Moon didn't get flung out of orbit so presumably astronauts didn't either.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think I figured out what I disliked about the show. I like it when the rest of the world is kind of oblivious to the crazy poo poo Rick gets involved with, but when it extends to like the president and the US government its just kinda lame.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

KoRMaK posted:

Lol if anyone agrees with this

A cartoon show where a guy time travels and has a portal gun and this detail is getting nit picked

Time travel and portal guns are pure fantasy so as long as their usage is internally consistent then it all works for the viewer.

We've all seen countless shows involving President and Pentagon antics, so yeah it makes sense for your brain to default to "they're way too cool with this" when Rick wanders in and disintegrates people. Funny bit but still a bit weak.

If he built his own mega soundstage to placate the Head the first time, then the Pentagon and President swooped in to capture him and Morty and find out wtf was going on, and then the Earth popped to Headverse I think it may have flowed better?

I could even see a strong episode with zero military presence and minimal President presence. Perhaps they showed Pres Keith David a lot to setup a semi-regular recurring character in order to enable more on-Earth hijinx for R&M. Although as was said above, it may be funnier to always have the world at large be oblivious to Rick's abilities.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 25, 2015

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

prefect posted:

I thought it was cool that Bird Person and Tammy are still having a good relationship. :3:

I don't think they do. Bird Person doesn't know what Morty eats, which logically means that he can't have spent enough time with Tammy to even share a meal. She probably called him (activated a beacon?) when the head showed up and used sex to get off-world. Oh, yeah, and also she's a teenager.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

He knows what Tammy eats

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I don't think they do. Bird Person doesn't know what Morty eats, which logically means that he can't have spent enough time with Tammy to even share a meal. She probably called him (activated a beacon?) when the head showed up and used sex to get off-world. Oh, yeah, and also she's a teenager.

The casual way in which Bird Person tells Tammy not to be gross shows that they know each other pretty well and Tammy likes to gently caress with his prudish bird ways.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Yet he doesn't know what humans eat. She must guzzle a lot of cum.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Human Crouton posted:

The casual way in which Bird Person tells Tammy not to be gross shows that they know each other pretty well and Tammy likes to gently caress with his prudish bird ways.

Mating season has gotten...better for Bird Person.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

a cop posted:

She probably just eats the eggs that Bird Person lays....from his cloaca.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
She is truly pansexual. No boundaries for that girl.

Not even a cloaca can squick her.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

a cop posted:

I'm glad she found out she does like bukkake after all.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I loved everything about this latest episode.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Maybe in bird culture everyone forages for themselves, so Tammy just makes her own food. Bird Person just made Morty food because Morty was not equipped to forage for himself.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Basically, I refuse to believe that Bird Person is not an attentive lover.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It's possible that they just don't go on any dinner dates. Which makes sense, they're different species so there's a good chance that they each find the other ones eating habits gross even though they like each other on a personal level. I mean, don't get me wrong I think bird person seems like a good guy but I wouldn't want to watch him eat a plate of worms and he'd probably be pretty freaked out watching a human eat a chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
Was the final song that won them the contest a joke on 2 live crew, "Face down, rear end up"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV83hwYTLrM

• Locked thread